• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

Are there any after-effects at the end of the 4-aco-det trip? What about the next day, do you feel totally normal or a little off?

After a +3, perhaps even a +4 experience I have said goodbye to the wonderful chemical.

Its a good teacher. Work with it and respect it. I believe this chemical has much to give to certain people.

At doses 7 - 12mg brings enhanced body sensations and an opening of the emotions. 12-20 gives a full psychedelic maelstrom.

20+ Seems to be similar to 12-20 but with much longer lasting effects. 4hours full experience with another 4 hours+ of tailend.

All the best with your adventures. :)

With 14mg, acetate ester, free base:
"Came on in about an hour. Totally avisual, with pleasant conversation and an excellent body feeling. The stomach was a little twingy though, and I had the jitters. Nice walk around the lake. Cappucino was superb. I was down and out in about 3 or 4 hours, which was a good, short duration. Overall a very pleasant and euphoric experience."

With 13mg, acetate ester, free base:
"First effects took place in about 20 minutes or so, and it seemed a fair lot like a more clear headed version of a few glasses of wine until about t+1:20. I came upon a hill and gazed at the sky, and felt incredibly euphoric, if not orgasmic. What followed was about a 2 hour plateau, filled with mild-moderate visuals and at times a strong sense of depersonalization, almost to the point of being out of body. At times it was a little frightening. Once I got through the rough plateau, I went to a small party with some friends and found my ego inflated and overextended -- I had become a supreme narcissist. The effects tapered down for a few more hours and in the end I'm left with a fair amount of self-loathing and a lot of personal questions. This is not entirely the same as the free phenol, but similar. On the positive side, the body felt mostly fine the whole experience."

Last edited:
I got very powerful effects from smoking this as the base...15mg would produce a +3 starting in a few minutes and lasting a good hour or so. Effects were strong, but not very useful or interesting. 16mg orally produced a much better psychedelic state...full +3 but much gentler and longer lasting than when smoked. I by far prefered to take this psychedelic orally...but in the end I really didn't care for ethocin or the acetate. Iprocin is where it is at for me.

Awww, this poor B&D thread is so tiny now. Does anyone have anything they would like to add about this chemical?

Heh, I forgot all about it.

I just noticed my old (clearly intoxicated) posts here =D

I never took that drug again after those posts. At the time I made them, the powder was beige and sandy. Now, it is black and muddy. However, a friend has taken a sample of this last year and loved it - I expect the potency has not changed.

I also did try mushrooms after making these last posts. I actually found them also grim. Now that you've reminded me, I am considering this compound for the next potential trip :). Which is funny, since I was giving some consideration to try shrooms again in a controlled setting if they present themselves to me.

I do think this is a great one, but it doesn't have much to offer until you hit the high doses around 30mg (then it has lots and lots!). It's variable on the individual though, you've got to find the sweet spot for yourself.

With 24mg, acetate ester, freebase, oral: "It came on fully in about an hour and made me very twitchy for the next 45 minutes, after which my body began to relax and it became very sedating for several hours. The headspace is a little confusing and my motor coordination is wonked. There's a fair amount of visuals, mostly of wobbly lines and a constant moving waviness in objects, but zero color enhancement. Sex is great. A little too disjointed to really go into music. Well natured and enjoyable, without too much of a negative aside from the initial myoclonus."

I tried ethocetin around/about 2003, as well as ethocin at that time, but it's been so long so I can't say for sure how it was back then. That being said, there was no remarkable difference between the two.

ethocin has yielded great experiences. as some others have said, it has a strong energy to it which can be stimulating. Tremors are only minor, though on coming down once or twice the leg tremors were persistent.

It does lack substance in some regards, as "mindfuck" doesn't really happen in the way it can with mushrooms. But, the stimulating aspect is uncomfortable to some.

As a tool to produce eye-candy, ethocin is great. The visual alterations are more organic and smooth, much like with psilocin, and unlike miprocin or iprocin. Duration is short, oral route best bet (note: insufflation is extremely painful with this one)

Experiences are preferential to 50mg+ of the fumarate salt, this is where the visuals are prominent and can become stunning, especially outdoors.

4-aco-det

I was wondering if anyone has any first hand information on this substance, such as dose, duration, bodyload, and routs of usage... If there is already a thread on this feel free to bump. Thanks....

My preferred dose for 4-AcO-DET was around 20-35mg, but if you're starting you will probably want to try less. There's not a lot of bodyload. Oral is nice.

I think most of the reports I've read on this are not the fumerate, I have the fumerate, so could anyone give a dosage comparison on a mg to mg basis from the fumerate of 4-aco-det. Has anyone snorted this, how bad does it burn and what is a good dose. I love 4-ho-dmt and have been looking for a substitute since my vendor no longer has psilocin. I've tried 4-ho-mipt and 4-aco-dmt both are similar but not close enough to psilocin. If 4-aco-det doesn't make the grade my next test will be 4-ho-met...

I just calculated it out for you, because I'm putting off the work I have to do that much, haha.

From the HCl to Fumarate - 1:1.257 Edit: Aleph below me pointed out I'm an idiot. Don't use this ratio!

I doubt that 4-AcO-DET will be closer to 4-HO-DMT than 4-AcO-DMT. Maybe it'll be perfect though, or you'll like it better. Tell us what you think!

Last edited:
Yep, the two compounds salt at a 2:1 (ethacetin:fumaric acid) mole ratio.

4-HO-DET
Freebase: 232.32 g/mol, chloride salt: 267.77 g/mol, fumarate salt: 290.36 g/mol

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else will agree, but 4-aco-det is almost identical in its effects to 4-ho-dmt. My girlfriend and I both tried it out last night at 20mg each. She swallowed hers, I insufflated mine. It didn't burn and I felt it in 5 minutes. Body buzz felt Identical to insufflated 4-ho-dmt in my opinion. And besides slightly less visuals my girlfriend couldn't tell the two apart. I also like the fact that Hoffman made it as the next step in 4-ho-dmt experimentation. Anyone else's opinions would be welcomed. Peace.....

To be honest I can barely tell any of the 4-HO/4-AcO-Ts apart (or from mushrooms) except maybe -DiPT. They're all pretty similar when it comes down to it.

Aleph said:
The estimate it is erroneous, it should be HCL to hemifumarate. ;)

Ah, wow, thanks for pointing that out. How exactly does it bond then? One ethacetin molecule pulls the hydrogen off the left side and the other pulls the hydrogen off the right side and they both bond?

That does make sense actually. I never knew that.

nuke said:
Yep, the two compounds salt at a 2:1 (ethacetin:fumaric acid) mole ratio.

Freebase: 232.32 g/mol, chloride salt: 267.77 g/mol, fumarate salt: 290.36 g/mol

Isn't the freebase MW 273.36g/mol (source wikipedia, double checked by me), and then the chloride salt would be: 308.82g/mol and the hemifumarate: 331.40g/mol?

Making it a 1:1.07 ratio from HCl to Fumarate?

Wow, that's way better dosage wise. Why do people always complain so much about fumarate's then?

Whoops, looks like I solved for the indolol! It's in the thread I created correctly.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=401596

Mostly there's a difference comparable to the freebase.

cegli said:
Ah, wow, thanks for pointing that out. How exactly does it bond then? One ethacetin molecule pulls the hydrogen off the left side and the other pulls the hydrogen off the right side and they both bond?

That does make sense actually. I never knew that.
Yep, it's called a diprotic acid, eg oxalic, malic or tartaric acid. Tartaric acid's stereochemical properties allow it to be used to seperate enantiomers, it's neat stuff. :)

Last edited: