View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

nothinginside

Bluelighter
i've been researching 4 ACO DET and was just wondering if anybody else has any experience? is it that much like shrooms as alot of reports portray?

Last edited by a moderator:
it is alot like pure psilocybin but a little more clearer without as much mindfuck.

While mindfuck is a silly term, it can be given a meaning, and is a valid way of describing the effects of a drug. I would say that if your brain is running so fast that your thoughts create anxiety, the drug has a "mindfuck" factor. For me, 4-acetoxy-DET has interesting visuals with less "I'm going fucking crazy" feeling than mushrooms.

BTW, to me on the surface 4-AcO-DET is very mushroom-like but with several important differences. It does have a mushroom-like feel to it. I get the yawns, and it is somewhat sedating. But 4-AcO-DET never lasts any longer than 4 hours, unlike mushrooms which can last up to 6. 4-AcO-DET is not as visual, and it doesn't have the same mental properties. It feels more like a chemical, and seems to offer me less cosmic revelations than mushrooms do. 4-AcO-DET also seems to produce an anxiety reaction in me. I don't notice it much if I keep my mind busy, but the underlining tension is always there.
4-AcO-DET is enjoyable to take on a hike in the mountians, or for an evening in bed with your girlfriend, but I don't consider it much of a healing substance, or one I take when I have serious issues to work on like I look to mushrooms for.

nice reply, mgs. I have a few things to add about 4-aco-det. I sampled this drug last night for the third or fourth time in combination with a dose of mushrooms. For me, the nausea I get from a high dose of decently potent mushrooms (~4 grams - +4 trip) affects me so harshly, i.e. gas, cramping, bloating, etc, during and after the trip, that it makes it hard and oftentimes unenjoyable to trip this hard. I needed an out from this uncomfortableness, so turned to 4-aco-det for experimentation.
There are signifigant differences in the feel of a psilocybin trip and a 4-aco-det trip. Some people may argue that it is silly to label mushrooms as more mystical and cosmic than 4-aco-det. The reason that it is found naturally in plants and was not synthesized MAY have some pyschosomatic effects on the tripper, but the fact remains that mushrooms ARE more mystical and cosmic, whether or not one of the reasons is that it is found naturally, and 4-aco-det is not. Maybe it's just coincidence, that my psilocybin trips have been deeper, less "chemical" feeling than my 4-aco-det trips. I will almost definitely not know why this is, perhaps for the best.
The point remains at least, that if you do suffer from nausea from psilocybin, then you might think about giving a psilocybin/4-aco-det combination a try. At least for me, there was very little feeling of the drugs "battling" with each other that is often reported from other RC combinations. It was very smooth and agreeable mix.
A combo I've found to work well is 10-12 mgs of 4-aco-det, and 1-1.5 grams of psilocybe mushrooms, produces a moderately intense trip. And as with all RCs, BE CAREFUL, dosage for these chemicals IS NOT set in stone, and varies tremendously.

Well I find 4-aco-det and mushrooms only remotely similar.. I'll say that of all other drugs I've tried 4-aco-det is the closest to mushrooms but thats about it..
Mushrooms seem to connect me to the "gaia mindspace" or whatever you'd call it, they are very "interactive" and right take control over my mind. The trip is ususally freaky at time and changes course dramatically as well sometimes without warning. Feeli like I'm everywhere at once or something, that my mind has connected to some all-encompassing cosmic energy field..
The body buzz/high with mushrooms is also way more pronounced and unique, feel like I'm made of jello but with this intense buzzing throughout the whole of my body, especially during the first 2 hours...
The 4-aco-det seems much more sterile and friendlier, more straightforwar. Much better visuals I get from 4-aco-det, and my functioning is not much impaired....

^^^ I have to agree, to an extent, 4-aco-det does seem to give off a more controlled trip, etc. That said, a high dose of 4-aco-det is VERY intense. For me, 21mgs will produce an almost overwhelmingly intense trip.

4AcO-DET is a wonderful substance that i find to be far superior to Psilocybin or 4AcO-DiPT and is short acting a plus for when you need a clear head within a few hours but want to do a little psychedelic work before hand. Also its effects are very similar to Psilocybin but of a shorter duration and has its own color one that i find much more useful than Psilocybin and it does'nt cause the brain to feel overloaded and complex like it does on Psilocybin so i'd say that 4AcO-DET is unique and productive in its effects for me atleast.

4AcO-DET is wonderful and similar to psilocybin but you can tell there are differences like a more stimulated feeling with less visuals and more body effects. 4AcO-DET also is a little shorter which can be good and but i find psilocybin more enjoyable but 4AcO-DET can be fantastic however psilocybin comes out on top by just a tiny bit when it comes to euphoria and the intense colorful visuals.

In case anyone is wondering, 4-AcO-DET is simply the acetate ester of 4-Ho-DET. I have had them both and could not tell them apart.

ethylacybin

ive recently gotten my hands on some 4-aco-det and i love it, but i have only taken it orally. i cant find too much on other methods of ingestion besides intramuscular. im just wondering if anybody has any experience or knows of any other methods in which to use this substance. thanx.

Id head over to Erowid if I were you, Im almost positive I saw a report about smoking 4-aco-det. I dont think it had positive results, they reported being rather uncomfortable, but hey, you never know.

Smoking might be a possible alternative method worth looking into. But beware, little is known about this drug, so dont go playing hero and take huge doses. Start small and work your way up. Youll find your dose.

If you do try smoking (or snorting) or anything, please let us know, as it would be quite interesting to here to results.

But please be careful.

I've smoked 4-AcO-DET and to be honest, it's not a whole lot different than eating it. It just comes on faster and ends faster. The major effects are done within an hour when it is smoked. It comes on fast, but there isn't really a rush like with DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. Personally I'd just stick to eating it. Works fine that way.

4 acetoxy-N,N-Diethyltryptamine is a wonderfully euphoric and erotic substance---IM at around the 30-40 mg dose is quite the "bardo" range of exploration w/o an overwhelming edge--I hit it and head straight for the hot-tub and stare at the trees and the sky or moonlight---delightful with music and close friends

^^^^^^^^^^

I would imagine that dose varies from person to person. I find 16 mg orally to be plenty. I see no need to IM it, much less take that much at a time. Start out low on this one.

Ethacetin is not really like psilocybin for me - ethacetin has some good points; clear thinking vision, short duration, body high & euphoric/positive but it's not a personal favourite & I find it somewhat sharp & stimulating

I have never had the chance to try muchsrooms but my two experiences with 4-AcO-DET sound absolutely nothing like what people describe mushrooms. There are hardly any visuals, it is rather stimulating, and I find it very hard to believe that anyonecould laugh or have a "blissful" experience with 4-AcO-DET. THat is not to say that it is a bad substance - it is a very good teacher. I will post my recent experience with 4-AcO-DET when I am done typing it.

platinum907 said:
I disagree with 4-ho-det and 4-aco-det being completely interchangeable. I find that at lower doses like 18-22 mgs they are fairly similar, but something is different between them. At higher doses, like 35+, they are a little differeent....Also, some of the 4-aco-det going around was actually 4-ho-det, so that could be why people think they are interchangeable.

Yeah, some of the 4-AcO-DET that was circulating did turn out to contain 4-Ho-DET, as well as several other previously unknown tryptamines. But I know what I had was 4-AcO-DET (this was years ago, and I only got a 50mg sample) was run through GC/MS analysis. But that's neither here nor there.

As for them being interchangable or not, I must admit I've never taken more than 20mg of 4-AcO-DET, never went higher than 16mg with 4-Ho-DET (ethocin), and found 16mg of either usually more than sufficient for me to get a plus-three trip. So I guess I should clarify and say that at dosages between 12mg and 20mg ethocin and its acetate seem interchangable to me.

I get weird body body vibrations with ethocin and its acetate though. One time I had temors bordering on being seizures. And since I find this one "lacking" a bit compared to iprocin, miprocin, and mushrooms (say that three times in a row) I doubt I'll ever take ethocin again. So I will never know what 30mg trips are like. I can't imagine them as I get blown away with 16mg! 8o Must be incredible at those levels.

Though I must admit I never found ethocin to be the nicest psychedelic. I've never felt any kind of fear with iprocin, which I've taken to the 26mg level. But ethocin trips have usually produced a lot of generalized anxiety. I'll stick with iprocin and psilocin mushrooms. And from my one low dose try, miprocin sure seems good too.

platinum907 said:
I would repeat what I heard on Erowid, that 4-aco-det is like Mushrooms without the darkside.

I get the total opposite. I've never felt (or heard from friends whom I share them with) that mushrooms trips lean towards a "dark side." I do see a little of this "darkness" though in ethocin and its acetate.

^^^ I was just going to post the same. With mushrooms, I never really experience a "dark side", yes in the past I have gotten a needed ass-whopping, which I could see some people calling a 'bad trip' but really those are the 'best' trips, when you really get something out of it. By the way, after I tried mushroom 'tea', a big ass cup of nice tasting slightly honey or chocolate flavored water with all the goodies in there, I think thats the way i'll do it in the future. Not because of any nausea or taste issues with mushrooms, as I can just sit and casually chew on them while talking, whatever, like they really do taste "good" now. But its a nice way to slow the 'come up', make it nice and smooth, and you can consume exactly the right dose to get to your level you want, and just sip every now and then to stay where you want.

I noticed a LOT more of the jitters, general anxiety, with 4-ho-det than ever with mushrooms. Visually I can see similarities but mentally it never did anything for me, really nothing like mushrooms at all like that for me.

Now 4-aco-mipt, that stuff is so good on the body at any dose i've tried (I think just up to 30mg orally). I notice the color change is similar to mushrooms, somewhat visually although its got its 'own flavor', and it also tends to make me 'giggly' although not as much as muchrooms, but throughout the trip, I find a lot more things "extra funny" - if i'm reading something, hearing something, just regular things, somehow seem more humorous.

As for 4-AcO-DET, I agree with the above posts in that is is definitely grim. Grim is the only word I can use for it (but it is still a good teacher). I also get sickly tremors with it as well.

In my experience, It "feels" as if your body is vibrating. Sometimes it does, sometimes its just psychosomatic. IMO, with medicines like DPT, the tremors are actually appreciated as part of the trip - they are "in tune" with it... hard to describe. But with 4-AcO-DET, the tremors are "dirty". Sometimes the tremors express themselves as teeth chattering.