• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

Interesting that you fell asleep during the peak. Do you find it to be sedating or simply just non-stimulating?

I tend to get a decent amount of stimulation from all psychedelics. The only time I've fallen asleep is while coming up on 5 grams of mushrooms. Suffice to say it was pretty jarring to wake up in the middle of that experience!

it was most definitely non stimulating......plus i had a few drinks and i had worked third shift the night before......i woke up in a trace like state

Background: I gave 4-ACO-DMT a good test of 20+ trips rainging from 15-35mg. This was my marker for a 4-ACO-DET test.

I then decided I wanted to see the 4-ACO-DET vs 4-ACO-DMT difference.

For me 4-ACO-DET was a lot more visually active at my usual 20mg dose of 4-ACO-Dmt. Lots more fractals, mazes & hyroglyphics overlayed my vision, with neon colours predominant. Although this was pretty fun it lacked the spiritual depth of its DMT cousin. I have also seen visuals on 4-aco-dmt that blow DET out of the park. Not as colourful and fun but way more in depth. For me DET for fun DMT for a journey!

okay, Ive done 12-13 mg orally yesterday.
It wasnt very strong, but gave me a good intro to the substance and a +2. very euphoric and smooth, no mind fuck, no anxiety. Nothing like 4 aco dmt, very welcoming.
I will likely try 17 mg next week!

I took 25 mxe rectal and 20 mg 4 aco det
very smooth. was quite light though but I really look forward a stronger experience. really a nice tryptamine

So from what i read its more shallow like 4 ho met and not as deep as say 4 aco dmt ? Ive had this one for a while and haven't taken it yet. A friend really enjoyed it and said it was highly visual

So did u find it more darker.and sinister than other 4 aco xxx like reports say ? Ive only ever felt that with high doses of 4 aco dmt a feeling like being frightened. I personally dont think 4 aco det will be like that and expect it to be pretty recreational, not too deep, and decently visual ?

Would u consider it more recreational like how 4 ho met is for me or deeper and has the ability the cause probs in public ?

WAY LESS darker then 4 aco dmt for me
4 aco det seems very friendly and not bizarre, less alien more gentle while 4 aco dmt is much more weird and scary to me and uncomfortable.

4 aco det is visually less strong but mentally very smooth, but I have tolerance as ive done al lad the day before dosing 4 aco det.
it seems to be very interesting tryptamine and I will test it at 25 to 30 mg next time

Exactly it sounded very good to me despite all the negative comments i see about it
For me 4 aco dmt gave me real visuals 4 ho met gave me visuals but totally diff than 4 aco dmt. Less realistic, less in your face, more translucent highly visual in the dark though
So you say its not visual like 4 aco dmt. Would u say its visusally similar to 4 ho met. I only took 20-24mg 4 ho mipt and that wasnt very visual at all and extrmely euphoric....

So did u find it more darker.and sinister than other 4 aco xxx like reports say ? Ive only ever felt that with high doses of 4 aco dmt a feeling like being frightened. I personally dont think 4 aco det will be like that and expect it to be pretty recreational, not too deep, and decently visual ?

WAY LESS darker then 4 aco dmt for me
4 aco det seems very friendly and not bizarre, less alien more gentle while 4 aco dmt is much more weird and scary to me and uncomfortable.

Exactly it sounded very good to me despite all the negative comments i see about it

To be honest, I don't think you guys are talking about what you think you're talking about. I'm one of the the most recent people who's been writing trip reports about how dark and sinister 4-AcO-DET (and 4-HO-DET) can be. But frightening, scary, and uncomfortable are not words I would use to describe the experience, nor would I say that there's really anything negative about it at all. 4-AcO-DET is beautifully gentle, perhaps the most gentle psychedelic I've taken so far. The darkness has nothing to do with the trip being negative but simply the way that the visuals and the accessible emotional range feel in general. Unlike on a lot of psychedelics where you're nothing but happy and bubbly, on 4-AcO-DET I find it extremely easy to think about the darker sides of life such as death, but the feel of the trip is so warm and welcoming that it actually allows me to make peace with these things by associating positive feelings with them instead of negative ones. Even when I allow my mindset to take me into a complete demon netherworld on 4-AcO-DET, including with demonoid entities (the best description I ever saw in another trip report was DMT entities dressed in demon costumes), it never feels even remotely threatening. As for the ways the visuals actually unfold, their darkness can be compared to high doses of LSD, in that they can get very shadowy and delirious in style in a way distinct from the most typical psychedelic visuals. In some ways, they actually remind me a lot of how 5-MeO-DMT visuals have been described to me, including the frequent flashes of white light, but that one I've never tried myself to make a direct comparison. From my perspective, all of these things are very positive and part of what make the experience unique; I actually tell people that 4-AcO-DET is very dark as one of the main selling points, not to scare them off.

As for quick comparisons based on my own experiences so far....

Fractals: 4-HO-MET > 4-AcO-DET >= 4-AcO-DMT > 4-HO-MiPT
Hyperspace: 4-AcO-DET >= 4-AcO-DMT > 4-HO-MET > 4-HO-MiPT
Visions: 4-AcO-DET > 4-HO-MET > 4-HO-MiPT > 4-AcO-DMT
Euphoria: 4-HO-MET > 4-HO-MiPT > 4-AcO-DMT >= 4-AcO-DET
Dissociation: 4-AcO-DET > 4-HO-MET > 4-HO-MiPT > 4-AcO-DMT
Body Load: 4-HO-MiPT > 4-HO-MET >= 4-AcO-DET ~= 4-AcO-DMT

These may change with future experiences, so take them as you will. Do note that of these four, I have also only had a complete ego death, with feelings of infinity, cognitive disintegration, and blinding white light, on 4-AcO-DET.

great post ! very descriptive , answered exactly what i was wondering about it. sounds really great btw. so do u enjoy this one more than any other 4 sub ? lol i like how u say you use the description of it being darker as a selling point, is that a good thing jw ? anyway great post ! also im just wondering what do you mean by hyperspace ? do you mean "mindfuck" im jw bc 4 aco dmt had quite the "mindfuck" for me or ego diluting you may call it, det is like that also ? thanks

DET is VERY visual......but so gentle...more mental than HO .....but nothing like shrooms...m thinking of amping it up and trying 50mg

I'm very excited, I will receive this chemical pretty soon!

Can it be stored well for months?

Regards,

great post ! very descriptive , answered exactly what i was wondering about it. sounds really great btw. so do u enjoy this one more than any other 4 sub ? lol i like how u say you use the description of it being darker as a selling point, is that a good thing jw ? anyway great post ! also im just wondering what do you mean by hyperspace ? do you mean "mindfuck" im jw bc 4 aco dmt had quite the "mindfuck" for me or ego diluting you may call it, det is like that also ? thanks

Glad you found it useful. :) Yes, I'm starting to think that 4-AcO-DET may be my favorite drug besides LSD. <3 And I love the dark part of it, it's good to find balance to the light that many psychedelics (including 4-AcO-DET) can bring. It makes the trip feel more whole, and like it taps into much deeper parts of my consciousness. It also just makes the visuals awesome lol. Visions for me can range from beautiful naked women with fractal energy wings to huge netherworld temples with skull imagery everywhere and populated by demons and then back to floating around with more of the erotic female entities in huge fields of white light all in the span of like a couple minutes. And by hyperspace I mean comparable to DMT, with when it feels as though you are interacting with autonomous entities inhabiting another accessible plane of reality. I haven't tripped hard enough on 4-AcO-DET to completely break through to the other side, but I have seen through the veil and watched the entities awaiting my arrival and felt them analyzing me. The space they were in seemed like your very typical demon netherworld in neon psychedelic colors. 4-AcO-DET does have a mindfuck for me as well, it's similar to 4-AcO-DMT in the way that it can feel very lucid but very cognitively overwhelming at the same time. Putting yourself in the right mindset and having the right stimuli is the key I think. On my last trip with 30 mg, listening to music sent me from feeling a little tripped out to complete ego death in a matter of seconds, and when the song ended I was back to clearheaded again. That versatility is part of why I love it so much, it's really something!

DET is VERY visual......but so gentle...more mental than HO .....but nothing like shrooms...m thinking of amping it up and trying 50mg

I'm thinking of trying 50 mg next time too, I've already got a good date picked out for it and everything. =D I want to see what this thing can really do!

I'm very excited, I will receive this chemical pretty soon!

Can it be stored well for months?

Regards,

Well, I've had it for about ten months or so just in a sealed baggie in a dark place at room temperature and it doesn't seem to have degraded even slightly. If you actually put it in the cold and everything I would imagine it would keep up for quite some time!

I can't say I have used this chemical. To the best of my knowledge this chemical is better in the fall and winter months. There is at least an individual report of a person experiencing an autoimmune type of response in the spring after this chemical. For some people this chemical is great, they say that this chemical is enlightening. I just think the the biological changes that the body experiences as things get hot and greasy in the spring aren't the best set. On the other side, low dose DMT is great in the spring.

Last edited:
My only problem with it is the trip is so short.....start to finish in 3 hours for me.( my metabolism is fast...I have friends who ate te same batch and tripped for twice that time)...hits you very fast..... I guess that could be a good thing for some folks!!

yes, the trip is very short. but I dont feel any darkness. if anything, I find it positive more then neutral.
like any tryptamine, it make you deal about the depressing aspect of life, but its very not dark.
4 aco dmt for me is dark compared to 4 aco DET.
4 aco dmt has more mind fuck to me then 4 aco det. I barely had any mindfuck in my trip
but I feel any psy experience is so dependent of the user and that 20mg could knock someone and to me, it was quite light.

I have never tried 4 ho met, but my next attempt will be 30mg, 20mg of 4 aco det was really not taxing mentally. I was with my girl all night long and she didnt realize I was on any drug. it seems very fun and recreational compared to the seriousness of shrooms or 4 aco dmt.
very promising! I much prefered this to 4 aco dmt.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I regard 4-AcO-DET very highly. For me, this is the finest of the 4-sub tryptamines, along with 4-AcO-DMT, and in some ways, I prefer it.

It's interesting that Goddess Mode regards this material as being "dark". I can see why she generally (but positively) responds to it in this manner, though, as this drug has a very "earthy" character. For me, 4-AcO-DET is warm, reassuring and iridescent, like a star-filled night sky in late summer or early autumn. Indeed, I would describe this compound as nocturne-like, and it's easy for me to luxuriate in its intimate opulence.

have you tried 4 aco met?

the set is truly great, but its also the first sub 4 I've had, and i have deveopled a tolerance since then so i think that has skewed my perspective on the others

I haven't tried (or possess) 4-AcO-MET, but I'm very familiar with 4-HO-MET. I enjoy it, to be sure, but I rank it below several others in the 4-sub series. That said, I tend to prefer the AcO's over the HO's, so it's possible that 4-AcO-MET would be higher on my list than 4-HO-MET.

Why is your preference the acetoxy over the hydroxy? Also, I've read some people think that DPT has a somewhat dark edge; would that make an interesting combo with this substance?