• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

I've vaped up to 15mg in one session and had effects lasting between 1 and 1.5h. Very clean headspace, nice visuals, no unpleasant side effects.

had an interesting experience with this compound some time ago... was thinking of writing a trip report but havent managed to get round to it...

dose was ~18mg+/-2 mg, orally. it was taken at home on a nice winter evening with nothing much to do and looking for a recreational short trip.

total trip time was around 5 hours including the rather short (~45 min) comeup and not too annoying comedown (<45mins). visually nothing too impressive, however, the bodyload was very reminiscent of mushrooms, and somehow of 4-ho-met. very pleasant, and some will enjoy it more than others im sure. it felt less anxiousy than 4-ho-mipt in that respect.
dont know what to make of it really. it felt like a really physical trip, and perhaps a social setting or a more engagin one (nature walk?) would have suited it better.
im going to try it again ina different set and setting, and pehaps at a higher dose to se where it goes from here on.
overall id do it again, but not in a hurry.
Rating 6/10

Interesting, I didn't have great luck gaping the freebase. Was pretty gross, marginally effective & very easy to burn :\

I finally sampled some 4-aco-det yesterday. I took it 1 1/2 hours after a light MXE experience (15 mgs.) in order to lessen any body load that might be present with the aco-det. Whatever it did worked quite well.

Was going to dose 10 mgs. (orally) and I'm sure glad I backed it off to 8 mgs. in the end. I am extremely sensitive to all psychedelics and this 8 mgs. was a roaring +++ intensity.

the come-up was virtually identical to mushrooms: nothing for 30 minutes and then a fast ramp up between the 45-60 minute point. no anxiety, no nausea, excessively euphoric. the energy feels slightly higher pitched than mushrooms. At first I was calling it "electric mushrooms" but, looking back, that's not entirely accurate. it's nowhere near as electric as Acid, it just has a higher pitched buzzing that is slightly stimulating...though not unpleasantly or forcefully so. keep in mind the MXE may have cancelled excessive stimulation in a positive way. along with the stimulation, simultaneously, there was a deep relaxation....a drunken intoxication, less so than mushrooms, but with absolutely no confusion or lack of clarity.

I wasn't expecting an intense trip, nor a visual one, but somehow ended up with both. The visuals were typical mushroom style, though with perhaps less color. I also tripped in the day, so that may have masked any potential for colors. I was looking at my fan, when i first came up, and it was doing the usual bending/warping game. I thought, "okay, we're not that deep here...more the shallow end." within a minute of staring at the fan I started seeing spiraling manadala patterns weaving through the air between my eyes and the fan. "okay, i guess we're getting in deep water...."

the intensity was ramping and ramping until it quite literally blew me away. it didn't shatter my ego with the usual tools: aggressive de-realization, forced out-of-body, spinning thoughts, etc. Rather, I voluntarily sacrificed my ego on the alter of absolute Wonder and Marvel. the trip was difficult to navigate in the first 15 minutes of peaking due to the sheer intensity of it. my body felt almost identical to mushrooms/DMT in that gooey, alien, clammy, twitchy, overly-self-conscious kind of way. it wasn't as distracting or potentially anxiety-producing as with mushrooms though, and the worst part only lasted through the first 15 minutes of the peak.

in a daze, i wandered into the kitchen, desperately grasping for some kind of ego-gratification. i grabbed a ripe nectarine out of the fridge and stared at it like it was the Holy Grail. suddenly i felt like a squirrel, and greedily hid the nectarine while running to my room. Pulling out my "big secret" (the nectarine) i cautiously took a bite. All at once, in a single moment, i was thrust into the most jaw-droppingly euphoric state of Absent-Mindedness. I raised the nectarine above my head and shouted with joy. A gift from the Divine, created solely for my ecstatic enjoyment.

I starting running around my house in a controlled state of manic exuberance. I never felt out of control (like with acid or mushrooms) and i never felt like i couldn't voice an issue if need be. I simply became a different entity, an elf creature, and hid out in my upstairs loft in the middle of the forest. with shouts and moans of joy i ate nectarine and after nectarine, one at a time, crawling downstairs on all fours, sneaking past my lady (like she was a security guard and i was a thief), stealing nectarines, and running back upstairs, trying not to "get caught." in reality she didn't care what i was doing, but it sounded like a BLAST to be like an under-cover squirrel.

in my loft, between bites, the carpet would turn into vivid landscapes and sway back and forth across the floor. i started moving my spine side to side in unison. the euphoria soared as the visions synched to my being, and in an ecstatic eternity, i beheld the dance of creation (vision) merge with the creator (mind). all melted.....no one left. bliss unrelenting.

i only peaked for an hour and a half. it was the shortest psychedelic experience i've ever had with an oral dose. i wasn't sad to see it go, though it was without a doubt a true mystical ++++ experience, in my book. it was every bit as divine as mushrooms, and no less cosmic. yes, mushrooms are deeper, i think, but i don't mean that in a negative way towards 4-aco-det. Mushrooms are like yellow nectarines, sweet and sour....heaven and hell....light and shadows playing on each other to produce a sensation of depth that isn't easy to mimic. this 4-aco-det was more like a white nectarine: just sweet, no sour. there's a soft sweetness to 4-aco-det that's almost MDMA-like in it's tenderness. like a feminine mushroom spirit. it's seems much more forgiving and gentle than it's older brothers. but to call females "less powerful" than males is misleading. for some people, the strength of Divine Grace and Love heals deeper wounds than any nuclear blast could. sometimes after mushrooms i feel shaken and scattered. for the last 24 hours, i've felt nothing but gratitude and awe at such a "gentle" and healing experience, all things considered. (as if psychedelics could be called "gentle"!)

flavor-wise, this is the closest thing to mushrooms i've ever tried...even more than 4-aco-met (Which felt more like a cross between acid and mushrooms). and i've never tried 4-aco-dmt, so that may be closer. it literally felt identical in its backbone experience, the other changes were slight, and i had to dig to find words that separated them. i find that 4-aco-dipt only feels distantly like mushrooms, so it's not like i'm just comparing 4-sub's to shrooms across the board. i would choose the 4-aco-det experience 10 out of 10 times over mushrooms. it was smoother and gentler than mushrooms. the body load wasn't as pronounced. the euphoria was equivalent, but without the potential for anxiety. (in me anyway...). there were times when a thought or sensation felt ominous, but it never lingered. these are "positive push shrooms" at their finest.

A new ally has been summoned....and what golden wings she soars on...

man these low dose 4 sub trips, nuts. i wouldnt consider dosing ANY 4 sub tryptamine UNDER 20mg. underwhelming at best, anything less that is.......

Great report Dragon-N. Makes me curious how I'd react to it these days, because your words "gooey alien" seem to remind me of what I remember from it....on the other hand I note 'post iboga' most psychedelics are way more significant and deep and even different (thankfully not 2C-T-7...same perfection) than they seemed to be before, I generally attribute that to different 'set.'

And I don't generally have 'body loads' anymore with anything, I have learned to be at peace with the things I feel no matter what on a psychedelic. 4-Ho-DET was always pretty 'tremor ridden' and...well the visuals weren't all that great compared to some others....but it did give me a very important ++++ once but that was also a BRUTAL trip (Pain of The World) so I never went back. 4-AcO-DET seemed much the same way, perhaps slightly longer and less tremor-ridden but only slightly.

I hold the 4-AcO variant of DET in very high regard among the 4-sub tryptamines. To me, it is on par with 4-AcO-DMT, somewhat superior to 4-AcO/HO-DiPT and 4-AcO/HO-MiPT, and clearly trumps 4-AcO-DALT, 4-AcO-DPT, 4-HO-MET and 4-MeO-MiPT.

My dosages (all oral) have been 20mg, 30mg, 40mg and 45mg. At 20 and 30 milligrams, body load was minimal; at 40 and 45 milligrams, body load was moderate. The lighter tests produced restrained but warm and attractive visuals; the heavier tests produced visuals of magnificent beauty and intensity (particularly with eyes closed). In all cases, the headspace was rich and rewarding.

Note: I have not yet bio-assayed the 4-HO variants of DALT, DET and DPT, and the 4-AcO variant of MET.

Hm...it's the only one i haven't tried, but it sounds very promising to say at least.

4-Ho-DET was always pretty 'tremor ridden' and...well the visuals weren't all that great compared to some others....but it did give me a very important ++++ once but that was also a BRUTAL trip (Pain of The World) so I never went back. 4-AcO-DET seemed much the same way, perhaps slightly longer and less tremor-ridden but only slightly.

I am so glad I made trip reports and keep notes, I'd be spinning all kinds of tall tales otherwise. Turns out, I've only taken 4-HO-DET once, a smaller dose, and it had less 'side effects' than 4-AcO-DET according to my notes. It was 4-AcO-DET that gave me that very brutal ++++ that I still will never forget.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=21144

Weird, 4-HO-DET is the only substance that ever gave me a ++++ too. That was with 16 mg or so rectal. I later tried 4-AcO-DET at 24 mg and had a fairly moderate ++/+++ response, but nothing much at all like that trip. Never had negative physical side effects from both 4-HO-DET and 4-AcO-DET.

My third 4-AcO-DET test -- the 45mg one -- yielded an emotional and personally significant ++++.

I'm still glowing days after my post. Thanks for all your input, guys. Reminds me of the first time mushrooms blew me away...I'm just still in awe. :)

man these low dose 4 sub trips, nuts. i wouldnt consider dosing ANY 4 sub tryptamine UNDER 20mg. underwhelming at best, anything less that is.......

each one is different. and potency could vary quite a bit.

for example, with 4-aco-dmt fumarate, i seem to 'need' 30 mg or more to get a decent trip.
but with 4-ho-mipt fumarate, i get a quality trip from as low as 15 mg. i actually started at 25 mg miprocin, and worked my way down to 20, and then 15. 15 was still very worthwhile.

if i had based my dose of miprocin on my experience with 4-aco-dmt, i think i would have overshot.

i've not tried 4-aco-det, so that's the end of my tangent.

Agreed. I too found 15mg of miprocin very worthwhile (actually if I remember I took 12mg, and 14 the other time) and I tripped my BALLS off on 20mg, far more potent than psilocin or psilacetin. I'm pretty sure if I trip on a 4-sub tryptamine anytime soon that isn't psilocin it will be ethocin. Oh... I am so off topic.

the wikipedia article on 4-AcO-DET claims that this compound was already synthesized by Albert Hofmann in 1958, but I think this is just a misconception of the AcO-DET primer on erowid, which wikipedia quotes as source: what Albert Hofmann indeed synthesized in 1958 was 4-HO-DET (CZ-74) and its phosphate ester (CEY-19), which leaves the question open why first investigated the acetate ester? was probably Shulgin the first one to do so anyways, and if yes, when?

probably I should just look up in the bibliography of TiKHAL, but unfortunately, I don't have my printed edition at hands right now. will do so later, anyways.

Anyone else with experience with 4-AcO-DET?
More comparisons between it and other 4-sub-trypts would be awesome to read.
Hopefully i'll be contributing to the acetoxy-diethyltryptamine knowledge-well soon. Thinking of going straight for 18-20mg, almost certainly with spliff at the comedown. Going to take a notebook and see if i can't produce a trip report of sorts, probably chill around a fire in the woods, hopefully time the peak for around sun-set. Will be my first solo-journey on a 4-sub tryptamine, hoping for that change in perspective that reveals what's next sorta thing - i'm pretty stoked!

I personally favor the 4-ho-met over the 4-ho-mipt and the 4-aco-det. I find a increased sensitivity to sound/music as well as a deep spiritual component not as evident in the others. Interestingly the 4-aco-det enhanced the sense of taste beyond the others. The 4-ho-mipt can be almost too confronting regarding cognitive dissonances. I find the 4-ho-met and the 4-ho-mipt substancially more potent and hallucinagenic than the 4-aco-det, all are useful and beautiful in different ways.
Another interesting and totally different than the aforementioned is 5-meo-mipt. I have never encountered a more promising compound for enhancing the erotic.
It is tragic that all of these compounds aren't more widely available and in use and instead the trend is widespread villification and eventual criminalization as these amazing chemical tools become more known.

I always found 4-aco-det to a bit more lackluster than the other 4 subs, 4-aco-det to me always seemed like a drunken version on 4-aco-dmt. though I've only had 2 encounters with it at 17mgs each IN, so I do plan to go deeper one day. I do have to agree with the above poster 4-ho-met, as much as it lacks mental depth its damn near impossible not to have a gut busting laugh you ass off trip every time.