• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

trying to find out how 4-aco-det compares to 4-aco-dmt

ive been told 4-aco-dmt is a lot like mushrooms - however i read here that 4aco-det is like mushrooms - can someone clarify that has done these as well as describe any advantages/disadvantages to taking the aco-det over the aco-dmt or vise versa :) thanks..

well, they are both a lot like mushrooms because they are both chemically quite close to psilocin. Psilacetin (4-AcO-DMT) is the closer of the two and it retains a lot of the same mental characteristics of psilocin, albeit with somewhat less anxiety, but many people find the visuals to be somewhat different. I realize some may disagree, this is just my opinion based on what i've read & my own experience. 4-AcO-DET hasn't been as widely used so obviously i've not read nearly as much about it, though i have had the chance to taste it on three occasions. It doesn't seem to create quite the same headspace as mushrooms, but it does certainly have a lot of mental "trippiness" to it. The visuals have a slightly different character than either mushrooms or psilacetin, as seems to be the case when the n-alkyl chain gets longer. Most recent experience was with 3 friends and a good time was had by all, lots of joking around & whatnot, nothing too serious.

IME, this experience was reminiscent of mushrooms but fairly light hearted. It did have depth however, this is different than what I've read about 5-MeO-DALT, for example.

I've only tried it once but it was definitely something I'd repeat if I felt like dropping money on getting more.

So it seems some people have a bit of anxiety with this chemical. Anyone have any solutions to prevent any possible anxiety when taking 4-AcO-DET ? I will be trying it out soon.

Also, I read there isn't much of a body load but would taking 25mg of Diphenhydramine help to counteract any possible body load ? And would it be completely safe since it slightly acts on serotonin ?

I plan to take around 15-20mg orally.

I wonder if the people who get anxiety from this could use mild anti-anxiety herbs like maybe chamomile or catnip. A prescription sedative would alter the experience too much to be worthwhile imo. Just something effective but not intoxicating would be good here.

I've been enjoying my trials with 4-AcO-DET lately. I'm always hesitant with new 4-subs since their always so variable for me but AcO-DET felt incredibly light and airy(note though I haven't dosed to highly yet). Like a middle ground if it was between 4-AcO-DMT vs 4-HO-MET vs 4-AcO-DET. Strong enough to notice fair mental activity but not strong enough to get really immersed or swept into anything.

Well I had a wonderful experience with 4-AcO-DET at about 15-20mg or so. Zero anxiety, no body load. Slight random jitters during the comeup but nothing that was bothersome. Dissolved the chemical in a glass of orange juice and drank it at 10 PM, was asleep by 3 AM.

It's great if you don't want to be tripping for too long. The visuals were some of the best I've had, lots of warping and during the peak almost entirely consumed my visual field. Apparent psychedelic mind state but not any super mind fuck. I've only ever had mushrooms once and it was not a very good trip.... So I can't really comment if it was all that similar.

22 mg had me pretty far out there. There were a few points where I was uncomfortable and began to be scared but mostly I was enjoying myself. I had no concept of the difference between boys and girls, food, the idea that I needed to work to support myself, sex, chemistry and math. I existed. After about 2.5-3 hours the trip quickly dropped off and I was mostly lucid. I would definitely do it again.

Yea it was the most positive experience I've had. I definitely had tons of thought loops. And everything was just so interesting. It almost ended to fast.

I tried this one for the first time at 20mg. I wasn't sure that 20mg was going to be enough because I suspected it would be more mellow and light the way 4-ho-met is for me so I had 10mg booster doses already capped up and ready to go if I needed them.

Let's just say...I didn't need a booster. 4-aco-det, while very short (about 3.5 hours of actual tripping) produced a lot of fun visual distortions, laughter, some euphoria, pleasurable physical tremors. It was quite sedating and there was a slight nausea for the first hour. Nothing too bothersome on the physical side of it's effects. I think I could go pretty deep with this one at a higher dose and wouldn't take it out at a party mainly because of the sedation.

The whole experience from ingestion to when I would likely be able sleep was only about 4 hours with the effects dropping off quite suddenly. The shortness was the only thing I didn't like about it. However, I'd say that this has the potential to be a challenging, full-on psychedelic in the right circumstances. I'd recommend this one but caution people against thinking it isn't going to be a challenging material.

This chemical seems to love a certain kind of administration. My most recent experience with it was with a 20mg oral dose, followed by 15mg smoked after the initial come-up. The 20mg oral dose was slightly weak IMO, but I'm a big guy so I've come to expect this. It tapered off with moderate wavey-geometric visuals, but nothing earth shattering. I then smoked the additional 15mg, and boy did it ever come into full bloom then! Excellent geometric patterns on randomized surfaces such as the ceiling and the carpet, exactly what I was expecting. Felt more earthy than the 4-HO chemicals I had tried, more grounded, and as champ said, slightly sedating, which I found relaxing. Little color alteration, however, surprisingly little. That said, it was an enjoyable experience, and yes, as others have said, very similar to mushrooms. I would say if you were looking for a decent approximation of the mushroom spectrum of experiences, this would be the way to go.

By the way, I will be trying higher doses soon, with the same oral/smoked combination. It seems that once the receptors are primed by the oral dose, the smoked dose rockets the experience up much more immediately. I will return with more information on the matter next week.

recently aquired a small bit of this. Will most likely be trying 10mg via RA sometime in the next few weeks. Anyone familiar with RA dosage vs orally?

Typically across the board only 30-50% of an oral dose may be necessary, also for drugs that are otherwise mild and gentle the sudden rushing onset can feel skyrocketing so be careful and modest with the dosage. I must admit for this etacetin I cannot say whether 10 mg would be okay but it seems like it can already be a full dose. So in any case my point is: I certainly wouldn't go higher than that if I were you. But the prospect sounds intriguing.

I have yet to try mine, tbh it is not at the top of the list but it sounds interesting nonetheless. I wonder how it relates to 4-AcO-DPT which I also still have to try when I have time.

For those who have sampled this, is there jelly legs or leg tremors with this 4-AcO? How enjoyable is it? What kind of experience is it best suited for: general enhancement and augmentation, if so more intellectual or sensory or physically? Good for a serious trip, or rather a recreational and easy one?

How's the long term storage potential of the compound? I saw those anecdotes of the compound turning black after a few months on the 4-aco-dmt thread. Any reason why some squirreled away would not last 10 or 20 years?

For those who have sampled this, is there jelly legs or leg tremors with this 4-AcO? How enjoyable is it? What kind of experience is it best suited for: general enhancement and augmentation, if so more intellectual or sensory or physically? Good for a serious trip, or rather a recreational and easy one?

22 mg was very intense but still enjoyable for me. I could see the trip being very intellectual if I had taken a bit less and was able to actually form real thoughts. I think that at lower levels it could be any kind of trip, I certainly felt very good and euphoric, but I was surprised at how quickly it became more than just fun. It was much more potent than any 4-AcO-DMT I have had.

Potent quantitatively or qualitatively?

Also, I don't think my product degraded visibly after having it stored in a deepfreeze with desiccant and airtight mini mason jars. Black stuff probably forms when there is no sufficient protection against moist which is even more "agressive" in a freezer than a fridge since it slips in and condenses everywhere. You might know this from the block of ice that forms if your freezer does not close properly. I don't think the compound degrades if the right containers and desiccant are used, also 4-AcO's tend to be more stable than 4-HO's as a rule.

Typically across the board only 30-50% of an oral dose may be necessary, also for drugs that are otherwise mild and gentle the sudden rushing onset can feel skyrocketing so be careful and modest with the dosage. I must admit for this etacetin I cannot say whether 10 mg would be okay but it seems like it can already be a full dose. So in any case my point is: I certainly wouldn't go higher than that if I were you. But the prospect sounds intriguing.

I have yet to try mine, tbh it is not at the top of the list but it sounds interesting nonetheless. I wonder how it relates to 4-AcO-DPT which I also still have to try when I have time.

awesome, that's what I was thinking. I only have a small amount of this chemical, and would like to use it in the most affective way possible.

My only previous 4 sub tryptamine experience was with 4-aco-dmt. I took 30mg oraly and got minimal results. I then proceeded to spend the rest of that night wasteing the remaining part of the 100mg sample I had purchased trying to get where I had wanted to go. :-( . This was with the fumerate from a larger, reputable vendor, so the quality is not in question.

I don't want to be underwhelmed again, but defiantly not overwhelmed either. Will perhaps even drop it to 8mg and see what happens.

Can anyone speak on redosing? With 4-aco-dmt, from what I recall, it was pretty much one redose within an hour will be affective, anything else is a waste.

I have a feeling this thread will start growing fairly quickly. I think this chem will be the next 4-aco-dmt in terms of popularity and availability.

Interesting, I always enjoy noting the interpersonal differences, which can be quite substantial. I have found psilacetin to be the one more likely to floor me, usually takes 20-30mg to reach that state. With ethacatin I found 20mg a bit underwhelming & 35mg to be right on the money for the type of experience I was looking for. The duration with ethacetin is markedly shorter for me as well.

Ended up trying this ~8mg/9mg last night mixed with 25mg mxe via RA. This was the night after doing ~125mg mxe. I took 1/2mg etizolam ~45 minutes before.

I ended up trying this late last night. Had been thinking about it for a while, and couldn't fight the itch any longer. It was late, about 2am. Was going to go with 10mg, but bumped it down a touch and added mxe b/c it made me feel less nervous knowing I'd have the chill mxe feeling as a back. Late at night and nervous, great set/setting right? Fuck it, that's what the bag of etiz in my pocket are for ;-)

It seemed to take a while to show, I felt the mxe sooner. Perhaps it didn't dissolve as well? I didn't keep time at all, but it felt like it took 20-30 minutes to really start feeling the 4-aco det. I was smoking a joint looking in the mirror, and got that "hey there is something different" feeling almost immediatly for sure, but I didn't feel the "mushroomish" vibration/buzz for about 20-30 minutes. I went and laid down on the couch and put on some music and soon enough that familiar, but different, feeling started to creep over me. Headspace was rather clear, no paranoia or anything. Started getting some liggght CEV. No OEV to speak of, but that isn't abnormal. It seemed short lived, seemingly starting to die down after 30 minute so. It wasn't really strong though to begin with.

Got up and ate a hotpocket and drank a ton of milk and passed out probably 20 minutes later. Eating seemed to dull the 4-aco-det buzz for sure. Just said fuck it and passed out before I started thinking about taking more.

I don't think the previous nights mxe use affected the 4-aco-det. I was feeling the 25mg mxe plenty well enough for the dose, and would assume it would be the same for the 4-aco-det.

My only previous trial with anything similiar was with 4-aco-dmt at a 30mg oral initial dose, followed by another 40mg in wasted doses too late to make any difference. It was underwhelming to say the least. Nowhere near what most people report at that dose. Quality was not in question.

The RA dosing of 8/9mg should be roughly 12-18mg? Definatly didn't feel to be on the higher end.

I wouldn't call it a waste as I wanted to get a smaller test out of the way. I shouldn't have as much anxiety next time, and will start a lot earlier. Will most likely go with 20mg RA. Want to try 25, but might be a bit more cautious than I normally am.

Was definatly fun though! Haven't felt that vibe since december, and that was just once. Before that it has been since 2008. Excited for next time! Glad I wasn't stupid enough to try and bump my dose and waste the rest :)