• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

as far as which one is more "trippy" prob the DET, but i like 4 ho dipt more

I am trying to figure out an appropriate range for this...lately i have been a bit of a hardhead and taking 25mg of this did absolutely nothing (which is odd because when i later took 25 mg of 4-aco-met I was flying)

I would like to have this work but I don not know what the dose response is (every x amount of mg creates a x increase in intensity, etc)

would 40mg oral be too much?

thanks

According to Erowid, 40mg is the upper edge of the "Strong" dose range. Take that for whatever it's worth.

In my personal experience, 40mg - after having dosed 25, 30, then 35mg in previous experiences - was incredible. Absolutely blissful. It was the best trip I ever had with AcO-DET. I may be wrong, but again, in my own experience, this chemical is so gentle that I believe it would, for me, take well over 40mg to cause a bad trip, if it could at all. Every report about this substance talks about how mild it is, sometimes to the point of not even noticing its effects.

It's my favorite tryptamine thus far because of how gentle it is, though, while still maintaining very nice visuals (though not as intense as other tryptamines) and "mind expansion" (again, not as intense as other tryptamines), though that's not the best way to describe the mental effects. I guess "enhanced creativity" and "clearer thinking" are more accurate. Some people don't like that - how mild it is - but you might.

EDIT - I would describe it as almost similar to MDMA in that it's nearly impossible to not enjoy it, even in higher doses. Again, that's a personal summation, so your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
i have only tried a low dose but i didnt find it to be very clear headed. Well not more so than 4 aco dmt or 4 aco mipt at a similar dose.
I was actually under the impression that it might get pretty psychedelic at the doses 6/7 mentioned.

So for those of you new to the chem, start low and work your way up.

Tried this one for the first time today at 65mg. I ejoyed it alot. Very nice warm tryptamine buzz, colourful, vibrant and euphoric.

The shuddering effect of 4-HO-DET and 4-AcO-DET are disturbing but they definitely have among the nicest tryptamine buzzes out there.

I took 28mg of 4-AcO-DET several months ago. I got the shudders for a few minutes towards the end of the comeup, but they subsided quickly enough. It was interesting & novel, but I definitely preferred 4-AcO-MET. Wish i still had access to both to do some further testing ;)

I didnt experience any shudder like peripheral effects, fortunatly. No body load at all. I also got some really cool visuals from this drug; I had this big opaque glass RGB screen covering my field of vision, moving sort of like drops hitting a still liquid surface, if that makes any sense. Very cool.

This stuff really makes me want to get some 4-HO-DET.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, I'm still not as taught in the world of chemistry as I'd like to be, but I was reading the entry in tihkal for 4-ho-det and the reports say they were done with the indolol, phosphate ester, and acetate ester. As mgs said on the first page 4-aco-det is the acetate ester of 4-ho-det, which makes sense to me, because acetate=acetoxy? So what are the indolol, and phosphate ester and which one creates the hydroxy?

I am no chemist too, but I think I can give you answer to your questions.

As you can see, the word "indolol" are derived from "indole"(aromatic structure, the core structure of all tryptamines) and -ol, the suffix for alcohols. And an alcohol is "any organic compound in which a hydroxyl functional group (-OH) is bound to a carbon atom, usually connected to other carbon or hydrogen atoms." I copied this definition from wikipedia. So, technically, 4-HO-DET is an alcohol. The next interesting thing, alcohols can form esters with oxygen-containing acids.

Look at the acetic acid, for example:
100px-Acetic-acid-2D-skeletal.svg.png

and at the 4-HO-DET(aka ethocin, named after psilocin - 4-HO-DMT):
140px-4-HO-DET.svg.png

and finally at the resulting ester 4-AcO-DET:
140px-4-Acetoxy-DET.png

It is also called Ethacetin(after 4-AcO-DMT, which is Psilacetin).

And also, phosphate ester exists, 4-PO-DET(aka Ethocybin, named after psilocybin - phosphate ester of psilocin):
200px-Ethocybin.png

Look at the corresponding acid - phosphoric acid:
160px-Phosphoric-acid-2D-dimensions.png

As you probably know, there is the hypothesis: both 4-PO-DET and 4-AcO-DMT are metabolized(by dephosphorylation and deacetylation) in 4-HO-DET. Some people may disagree, but all three compounds should produce approximately the same range of effects, although 4-HO-DET should be most potent by weight.

Thanks a lot for the quick and informative reply! I read DMT: The Spirit Molecule a bit over a year ago and now I remember him talking about the indole structure, but had forgotten about it. The only thing I didn't quite understand was the 152pm, and 157 pm in the posphoric acid structure.

Those are just bond lengths for the Phosphate-Oxygen bonds. pm = picometers = 10^-12 meters

4-AcO-DET

Can anyone comment on this chem? The only info I can gather is that the trip is 'generally similar to mushrooms'. I'd like to know if this is a worthwhile rc and what peoples experiences have been like. Any potential for this one?

procured a small amount of this recently, planning on testing out the waters early next week. I've taken 4-AcO-DET once before in 2009 i belive, could've been 2010... anyway I have the freebase this go 'round & was considering vaping some given the success people have had with 4-HO-MPT via that ROA & i was curious if anyone had tried vaporizing 4-AcO-DET. I have some suspicion that vaping 4-HO-MPT may just be delivering MPT as that HO group may well be cleaved off quite easily. Definitely going to reacquaint myself with ethacetin orally though. Thinking probably 25mg, took 28 last time, but not all at once, think it was in two 14mg capsules about an hour or hour & a half apart.

Any of you guys have any interesting recent trials with 4-AcO-DET?

I don't have time to read through this all atm, so I thought I would just ask to possibly save some time: How does 4-ACO-DET compare with 4-HO-DET? I've gone through plenty of the 4-hydroxy version.

I know the general trend is for the acetate to be somewhat sedating, and i've found that to be somewhat reliable with 4-HO/AcO-DMT & 4-HO/AcO-MiPT, but i have not found ethacetin to share that sleepy quality with its acetylated brethren. To be fair though i've not taken 4-HO-DET.