• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

I've had them both, only difference I really noticed was that 4-AcO-DET lasted an extra two or so hours but was less potent.

willkell420 said:
^^^ How much of the aco would it take to equal the ho version?

I would say take about 120% your dose of 4-HO-DET. The material isn't terribly interesting until you get up to high doses (for me anyway).

I never had any of the effects that the above poster had -- for me the bodyload was always clean and there were no residual effects.

Ive got so many 4-AcO/HO chems to try and no time dammit! I have some AcO-DET now and some HO-DET being made (also 4-HO-DPT and DET!). But theres still AcO-DMT and HO-MET to get to first...

So, which would you guys reccomend out of 4-AcO-DET or 4-HO-MET?

Above both though is DET. Shame synth wont be finished for the long weekend :(

Some time ago candles and music were taken to the basement and at 9:30PM and 20 mgs of 4-ACO-DET was tested. There was an expectation of something along the lines of 4-HO-MIPT?? What was amazing is how different these two substances were. It took an hour to kick in and then the next hour was something else. Astounding CEV's. Landscapes, pictures, of a Christmas theme since the house was decorated. Candy cane tapestries, mushroom type, but a little different. Very beautiful changing dimensional scenes. It was astounding. That was a good solid dose. Any more and it felt like the grip on reality could be lost but just enough to enjoy that thought. :) Down by 4 1/2 hours later with some residual visuals. Had some phenibut, kratom, and mulungu tea at 2:00 AM and was asleep by 3:30AM. Then I had to get up at 6:30.

When It was pulled it out of the freezer and cut it open my hands were shaking being so nervous. I had to get passed that. I had been depressed (what else is new eh?) the last few days and was looking to get around that with insight. There was some over stimulation and points of sharp anxiety, not quite as smooth as mushrooms. And although there were a few good "ahah!" moments, it kind of lacked the insight of a good cosmic mushroom trip.

The sample had been stored for a few years in an airtight jar. I'm not thinking any degradation occured (of which stories I always felt were exaggerated when it comes to tryptamines). Probably a fairy stable compound if stored correctly.

I feel honored to have been given a small sample a few years ago. I look back fondly.

^That makes me want to dig up my old sample of this and take 20mg.
So far i've only done ~10mg

Heh, Ethocetyl was one of the first psychs I've tried, before I had the chance to experiece shrooms, or DET to compare to, as my earlier posts in this thread suggest.

Now, many years (and may psychedelics :D) later, I can make a more precise comparison, and in retrospect, I would say that 4-AcO-DET is closest to simple DET of all other psychs, more so than it is to shrooms as may people seem to think. Even before I tried DET, I never saw the similarity to shrooms.

That said, IMO there is simply no question that simple DET is far, FAR superior to its acetate ester, or mushrooms for that matter ;).

Any new info on this one? I'd expect some new trip reports before too long ;) anyway, what would you guys think about ~15-20mg of this? I'm also looking forward to trying its methylated cousin soon, probably with a slightly smaller dose though

Any new info on this one? I'd expect some new trip reports before too long ;) anyway, what would you guys think about ~15-20mg of this? I'm also looking forward to trying its methylated cousin soon, probably with a slightly smaller dose though

I am expecting some 4-AcO-DET soon. Can't wait. I'll post back here in a couple of weeks.

The first time I took 4-HO-DET, I dove in at around 15mg which is roughly equivalent to the 15-20mg range you mentioned for 4-AcO-DET. It was an interesting experience, I enjoyed it very much although I have to say not as much as 4-AcO-DMT. It's alot like psilocin/psilacetin but without the heavy bodyload and yawning, and a clearer- almost stimulating head buzz. The body load manifests more as twitching and jerkiness which magnesium could help, as well as a little hash or MJ to calm the mind. I'd say that it was slightly more anxiety provoking than mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT, but not enough to deter me from trying it again. It has a slighly more metallic "twang" to it than mushrooms, which for me is where the anxiety came in. I hope my short comments help you on your 4-AcO-DET journeys, and be sure to report back here with your own!

thanks for the info man. think i'm going to lean a little closer to 20mg and I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes

This thread is too itty bitty for such a WONDERFUL drug.

I dosed 25mg two nights ago and it was a truly fantastic experience!

2c-e made me mostly miserable. It was too intense and the body load was horrid. Looking back, I honestly hated nearly every minute of it.

This was completely different. I felt like I was rolling, but less stimulated, better visuals, and no crash.

I just cannot say good enough things about this!! =D <3

I felt the come up starting at 15 minutes, and it lasted about an hour. The big peak was around two hours, and I was still feeling really good for about 2 more.

I IV'd about 4mg of 4-AcO-DET at about 12:15pm last night. I had measured out 6mg, but this was my first time IV'ing anything and I don't have much experience with the drug so I only injected about 2/3rds of it.

It was a very enjoyable experience. I didn't feel it right away -- it took perhaps a couple of minutes to become noticeable. Then when I looked at my computer wallpaper (it's a picture of the Oregon coastline) I was simply amazed. It seemed so vivid and real. Colors were popping, clouds were moving across the sky, and the waves were gently progressing toward the shoreline.

About an hour in I decided to smoke some marijuana, and it certainly did intensify the trip a bit. I was very tired by the time the next hour rolled by, and I was able to sleep easily although the effects were not entirely gone.

Overall I very much enjoyed this experience. One thing I noticed is that my cognitive abilities (not sure how else to word that) were pretty much intact. It enhanced reality without really taking me anywhere, if that makes any sense (in contrast with something like 2c-i or 2c-e).

Hey there,
I need your advise because I´m not sure whether I should buy 4-ho-det or 4-ho-dipt.
I simply ask this question because my funds are limited every month and I´ve already 4-AcO-DMT 5-MeO-DMT 4-HO-MET 4-HO-MIPT and 2C-E in my personal collection and would like to expand it.

buy the one you think sounds nicer to you.

read about each one and see which one has the efffects you prefer.=D

It´s kind of difficult to find out which is more "psychedelic". I´m frustrated about the little experience reports about 4-HO-DET. I expect some interesting effects because of its structural similarity to 4-HO-DMT and LSD.

I'm expecting a small bit of this, but honestly it sounds not too interesting, I would still like a taste for the novelty and it was dirt cheap... but the DETs seem like kinda duds, don't they do?