Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushrooms and tolerance

wHiTeBoY

Bluelighter
Quick question....

If mushrooms are done in high frequency, i.e. every weekend, does a tolerance build up? Do you end up needing more to feel the same effects? Does the trip actually change over time, as a rule?

I would be interested in any replies.

Cheers big earses

wHiTeBoY

Hehe some sagely advice from the Erowid Psilocybe Mushroom FAQ:

THE ERASERHEAD SYNDROME
The mushrooms can be fun. One may feel like eating them every day. A - not cool, B - not good. A mental/physical tolerance builds up quite fast: usually three or four times with 7 day intervals cause diminished effect and notably less divine trip. I'd recommend visiting the spiritworld 4 to 10 times a year, for the freshness and divinity of it. Most of us know an acid- or pot-head - a drug abuser. I call acid/ mushroomheads Eraserheads (seen the movie?), as they are often bit paranoid and manic-depressive and dullheaded. It's easy to get bad vibes off the psilos - just do the mushrooms like you'd do alcohol - without respect or any care. So - use the consciousness of turbocharged-monkeybrain we all have. And if you only want to get your brain fucked up there are better substances for that in the world.

BigTrancer :)

It's just that I have been doing them alot lately, like maybe 6 times in the last 2 months or something, and I usually have alot each time....

But I can't say I have had ANY negative effects yet, apart from being a bit dull the next day!

They have only improved my life and given me more perspective (so far)......

Will this change???

Peace

wHiTeBoY

If you take mushrooms as regularly as you imply you will definitely feel the intensity wane. It's also not unheard of to have a" bad" trip if doing them frequently. Whether this is purely an individual thing - predisposed from past trauma - or psychologically manifested as a result of disappointment - I don't know, as I've never had a bad trip with mushrooms.

As has been said, these are things for occasional use - ritual, introspection etc. IMO psilocybin can evoke some powerful demons - especially in an idle mind - if you get my drift. If you still want to go hard, make sure you're well versed in dealing with these negative entities (persisting confusion, etc) and more importantly, are completely happy within yourself.

Or instead, do them occasionally. Having anticipated the occasion, you will think of things to do while tripping and if you have a long enough preparation you'll likely also have a ton of questions to find answers for. Despite the usually stronger effects, doings things like mushrooms less regularly makes it easier to use the trip for unravelling things rather than having it cause too many tangles :)

Does doing them too often 'lose the magic' and just turn them into mushrooms?

BT ;)