Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] P. Azurescens & P. Cyanescens

astrobrite

Bluelighter
psilocybe cyanescens

i recently have come across some fresh ps. cyanescen mushrooms. I was wonering for anyone with experience with this particular strain, how hard do you think 2 people could trip off of 3 caps, one being 3 inches across, the other 2 being a bit over 2 inches across. I have read up on them, but there are really varied opinions

how hard do you think like for 2 people? like equal to an 1/8 of cubensis or better? i also hear the trip is kinda different, is there any truth to this? like more visuals and stuff...thanks

hey its gettin down to the wire, if anyone can give me an idea of what to expect itd be greaT

Well since they are only caps, I doubt too much...
If they were the stems thats different
The stems contain more of that psyclobin(sp) crap while the caps contain a significant amount less...
I dont think there should be a prob consuming them all..
Dont take my advice however, this is pure speculation

Well since they are only caps, I doubt too much...
If they were the stems thats different
The stems contain more of that psyclobin(sp) crap while the caps contain a significant amount less...
I dont think there should be a prob consuming them all..
Dont take my advice however, this is pure speculation
This is just not true, if mushrooms are picked around the time the veil breaks the potency in the whole of the mushroom is very much similar. If you wait till the cap has dropped all its spores it may vary, but only by a minute amount.
As a very much written rule, stems/caps are equally potent, all other theories are very much urban legends.
------------------
Webmaster of the Shroomery
www.shroomery.org
[email protected]

Whats up Thor, im the guy ravaging you with icqs about pcs and substrate etc etc
smile.gif

I actually read that caps are less potent then stems on the shroomery boards
frown.gif

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute, Thor, perhaps you could clarify something for *me* then.
A wookie that lives across the street from me has been following his copy of MMGG to the letter, right down to the picking of his wookie treats when the veil is breaking because it's of stressed importance.
Now you're telling me that the active ingredient to weight ratio is only *minutely* different after the caps open up, become large, and drop their spores? It was my understanding that the ingredient to weight ratio drops sharply because the fungi expends more fuel producing spores.
Just how minute *is* the difference then? Should my pet wookie stop being secretly peeved that dealers are growing for weight?
And more importantly, should Chewie be growing for weight as well, even though he only shares them with other wookies that hang out with him? Because if what you're saying is true, there must be a point where growth would overpower the "minute difference", right?
(and yes, I know this is more appropos to The Shroomery, but the signal to noise ratio drives me just about as crazy as it does here, nowadays)
[This message has been edited by avatarolt (edited 02 December 2001).]

Now you're telling me that the active ingredient to weight ratio is only *minutely* different after the caps open up, become large, and drop their spores? It was my understanding that the ingredient to weight ratio drops sharply because the fungi expends more fuel producing spores.
Once the veil opens the mushroom stops producing psilocybin, so while the mushroom gets larger the content of psilocybin remains pretty much the same. So if you pick it when the veil breaks you are getting the best potency weight ratio in theory.
Of course there are other factors in potency, but the reason why people suggest picking when the veil breaks is because after that you are just gaining size without potency. BUT, this isn't a huge issue, if you let a bunch of mushrooms grow out and pick them, don't expect them to be weak mushrooms. But just like if you pick abhorts, you'll know that those tiny bitches are very potent, but they are tiny.
So its a balancing act, I'd personally let a few shrooms grow out, I think if nothing watching a mushroom mature is a lot of fun
wink.gif

Just how minute *is* the difference then? Should my pet wookie stop being secretly peeved that dealers are growing for weight?
Dealers obviously care about size, size, size. Yeah its annoying, but thats why your wookie should continue to pick them around veil breaking, but don't be afraid to let some of them grow.
And more importantly, should Chewie be growing for weight as well, even though he only shares them with other wookies that hang out with him? Because if what you're saying is true, there must be a point where growth would overpower the "minute difference", right?
I'd say you let them grow a little more, but thats just me, I know people who religiously pick them before the veil breaks. My friends all agree that my 'cats' mushrooms are damn potent and they aren't always picked at the breaking of the veil.
(and yes, I know this is more appropos to The Shroomery, but the signal to noise ratio drives me just about as crazy as it does here, nowadays)
Yeah, popularity can be a curse, the mushroom cult forum is insanely busy these days.
Hope this clears this up a little.
------------------
Webmaster of the Shroomery
www.shroomery.org
[email protected]

Anybody really eat psilocybin azurescens mushrooms before?

I here they are real potent.

So how much would you recomend eating?(weight wise, or other)

I have tripped a buch on mushies before.

Half an 1/8 for your first time. 1/8 if you're majoring in psychadelic drug use at your local university.

First time I ate azurescens was 2.8grams worth. I definatly wish i would of eaten less. It was extremely intense to say the least. The visuals were so beautiful and amazing, i have not experienced anything like that before and doubt i will. The mind fuck sucked so much though. I was so indecisive, at one point i wanted a cigarette then threw it away as soon as a i got one cause i realized i was killing myself. Also i truely thought i died and had entered the afterlife at one point of my trip. Either way that trip is what i compare all latter mushroom trips to. Do i want to trip as hard as the azurescens or no?

good shrooms man

DUDE, THOSE SHROOMS YOU TALK ABOUT MAN, 8o GOOD CHOICE, THEY ARE SOME OF THE BEST THAT I HAVE EPERIMENTED WITH. THEY WERE VERY WONDERFUL MAN. THOSE SHROOMS THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OR HAVE ALREADY FOUND ARE SOME OF THE BEST I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF TAKING. IT FLIPPED MY WORLD UP-SIDE-DOWN. THIS IS A VERY GOOD THING MAN. IT MADE ME THINK OF SO MUCH STUFF THAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. BY ALL MEANS TAKE THEM, JUST DONT TAKE TOO MUCH CAUSE I THINK YOU SHOULD SAVOR THEM!! WHEN YOU HAVE TRIED THEM YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN.

Gotta love posts like that ^

Not like this post is very special or informative...

I've heard of these before... Somewhat of a legend as far as I've heard. If you have a lot, I'd try 2 grams and work your way up. If you don't, plan ahead and eat a whole 1/8th. I say this because shrooms seem to be very gentle on me, it takes a lot to get me 'there'. I like to go for the balls and just eat way too much of em to make sure I trip. You may not be the same way though...

Btw... Testing my icon... 1... 2... 3...

Psilocybe Azurescens cultivation

hey, whats up. been a while since ive been on here. whats up everybody? i have a very important question. actually, its an extensive one too. I am getting really interested in the outdoor cultivation of the Azurescens and I was wondering if any of you have any experience to help me along the way. I was looking into the spawn bag, and it verifies that its very easy. Just add woodchips and keep them wet outside, and 2-3 flushes should be the norm. Well, thats all fine and dandy, but its too vague. First, is it really as simple as mixing it with woodchips? Should I get a certain type of wood for better results? Should I be adding any nutrients to make sure they flourish? Second, I live in southeastern PA (right outside of Philly) and I was wondering what specific month would be best to start, and about how long should I wait till its fully mature to pick. Third, is there any techniques in growing these that I should know or look out for? And finally, fourth, does it matter if its an area that is covered partly from the sun or not? If anyone at all can help me with these important questions, it'd be very much appreciated. I am dying to know these answers. Oh yea, one last thing... if you are an experienced Azurescens grower, how has your cultivations worked out for you? Any and all info regarding it will also be useful. Thanks again! Peace.

For this type of strain I would recommend asking this question also at the shroomery in their 'advanced cultivation' forum.

The only input i have is that this strain is hard to grow and might not be worth it, even though they are potent. Oh yea.. they grow on alder chips well, if my memory is correct.