View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man-o-Shevits I sure do get excited every time I read about 5-MeO-MiPT. I do wish I had obtained more of this back in the day...but then I've been holding onto what I have for close to three years now, and still have yet to try it. So I guess what I have will just have to last.

It is interesting for all you read about the snorting and smoking of things like 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-T-7, etc...that more people try 5-MeO-MiPT orally, at least based on reports I've read. When the most exciting effects (to my ear anyway) seem to come from smoking it.

I too see smoking as the intersting path to take with this one. It sounds like 5-meo-dmt lite.

Yes it makes you shit and fart alot. Some folks even vomit. I agree w/ f&b the the 5-meos have a weird sort of maybe evil tinge to them.

I was wondering if anybody would mention anything about the body load with this compound. The 5-methoxytryptamines seem to have a lot of serotonogic activity when it comes to oral administration & the GI tract - I wonder what sort of affinity they have for 5HT3 receptors in the GI tract (5HT3 is effectively the 'vomit & puke' receptor that occurs in the GI tract). 5-Hydroxy AMT is listed in Tocris (catalogue of neurotransmitter agents) as a potent serotonogic agonist, which is probably why 5-methoxy AMT is such a hideous drug, but all the 5-methoxytryptamines seem to do it to some extent when taken orally

I find the body load to consist of an energy in the body, which can be a little bit unnerving while coming up but becomes quite pleasant as the drug fully reaches effect, especially during the first hours. It really feels quite clean on my body, nothing at all like 5-MeO-DiPT in that respect. It is good to have an outlet for the energy, and if you do, its release will be pleasant.

I generally agree with you about the 5-methoxy tryptamines being dirty feeling, and I've taken 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, and 5-MeO-AMT. This one seems different, pretty transparent in the body. It doesn't seem to disrupt any of my normal functions or anything.

so i took this last sunday... i do not know why erowid says the recomended dose is 6mg... i and my friend both found that very very week. we each popped a 6mg cap and waited a hour and a half... got a good nice body high, some speedyness, but no OEV or CEV at all. we then popped another 6mg cap (so we consumed 12mg total) and 20mins later started to fly...

amazing amazing body high
pretty cool OEV
unreal CEV
very speedy
no real bowel discomfort like i have heard 5-meo-dipt has
not too much of a mental trip like other hallucinagins...

i agree that this drug is a tryptamine roll

very very hard to sleep afterwards... we took 15mg of ambien each to do this and it was even rediculously hard after taking this (the ambien added a whole nother meaning to "tripping balls" haha)...

lasted around 6 hours total

fun drug look forward to taking again

thank you translators and diagnosticums.

people in the future (which is still the NOW as time is an illusion) do not use writing but rather logoic metaglyphs reverbrant in the commontangled morphoemissions of the communicators.

the 5-MEOs are not overtly specific when it comes to receptor targeting, 5HT3 effects are certianly noted, as is peripheral 5HT1 agonism - thus the blood pressure fluctuations and, um, that 'gut feeling' - and mayhaps selegeline coadmin made for notably increased potency (order of magnitude).

the perceived variability among the subjects, rodentia and otherwise, i believe comes from the above-noted lack of precision in targeting - and yes, Virginia, in addition to Santa's Claws, in heavily modified human units, there is def. sensitisation noted for serotonergics of this class.

P.S. Siberian suntan anyone? only 30 hours left to fly, thank god for first class or one would end up w/a wooden ass. back to the beluga malossol and Dom P.

if you go long enough around the world in a mechanically propelled winged device (crass, i know), you travel not only through space and may end up backwards. if that happens, just, um, turn around ;-)

Last edited:
If I knew where you lived, nanobrain, I'd hide in some bushes and soak you with waterballoons on a daily basis. Then I'd set up a trust for people to continue my work after I had passed.

just sayin'

Emericana, most people here have not claimed a 6mg dose to be strong enough to give OEVs or CEVs. I find 6mg to be a nice dose simply because of the speediness and body high with a psychedelic edge as it approaches the second hour, mostly in thought patterns, increasing both analytical ability and free association. 5-MeO-MiPT doesn't begin to get very classically psychedelic until 12mg or so, as you found out. I can really only think of one Erowid report that describes a person having a powerful trip at 6mg or less. And I think he actually redosed multiple times, too.

In my opinion, there are better tryptamines to be having powerful trips on. 5-MeO-MiPT is, to me, a nice enhancer, rather subtle and easy to function on, but fun.

Although your description of 12mg does sound appealing. I may give it a try one of these days.

A fun thing to note, while 5-meo-mipt at 6mg didn't cause any obvious OEVs or CEVs, staring at TV static yielded some interesting effects (bizzare pattern recognition as shapes and fractal weirdness).

smoking 5-MeO-MiPT

A FOAF is interested in smoking his 5-MeO-MiPT (as opposed to insufflating or orally ingesting it). He belives it is smokable in the salt form, but is not positive. Anyone with prior experience in smoking tryptamines have any suggestions as to how to smoke it? (On an herb, in a "freebase pipe," etc) Thanks in advance.

That one is a mystery. The recipe in TIHKAL end up as the salt...but of course that doesn't nessessarly mean the report in TIHKAL with it being smoked is with the salt.

While MiPT seemed to be mostly sold as the freebase (before webtryp days), 5-MeO-MiPT seems to always be sold as the salt. According to the 'big and dandy' thread...smoking the salt works fine...but most likely to assume the base would work better.

I've smoked the salt plenty of times (3-5mg) and the effects were rather pronounced given the dosage, nice body high and moderate 'headspace'. Haven't really had the balls to smoke a full 15-20 though

Those of you who have smoked 5-MeO-MIPT, can you describe the state of things better? In other words, how long till onset of effects, how long until peak effects, how long until it wears off...Is the nature really 5-MeO-DMT-like, or is it something else. LEt's have some details folks...some of us work 9-5 jobs and can't trip very often...we have to live through your eyes. Ahh, but there is the Rainbow Gathering next week. I can't wait. Will probably finally give DOC a spin. But yeah, some details on 5-MeO-MiPT smoked. :)

I second MGS's request... let's have some details about smoked 5-MeO-MiPT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Onset takes roughly 30 seconds after putting down the pipe.

Peaks seems to come within 10 minutes and last about 10-20. The body high and energy seems to stick around for a few hours though.

yet again i've only really done 'sub-psychedelic' doses, the most being 5mg which was bordering on psychedelic, had a bit of a rush and got anxious which has scared me off from smoking more.

The rush was a bit scary, one of those "my heart is going to explode" feelings. It was disassociative to an extent (never smoked 5-MeO-DMT so I can't compare). I felt lifted out of my body, other than that, the closed eye visuals were very interesting, and the open eyed visual were a bit mild (not as mild as with an oral dose though)

so, i tried this compound for the first time and i wasn't particularly impressed. seeing as we were having a bit of a get together and i have never tried it i decided to start out on a pretty low dose: approx. 6mg orally with another 1mg bump in a little bit. the only effect i got from it was a very speedy bodyload and some nausea. i could tell that i might have some type of erotic/tactile bodyload had i taken more.

another annoying effect of it was that it must have given me some type of cross-tolerance for pretty much any other chemical in the universe. okay, i'm exagerating a little on that one, but something seriously messed up my evening and we theorized later that it must have been this. once the party dispersed, a few close friends and i decided to get the party kicked in to high gear. i took about 3.5 hits of good liquid, another geltab of unknown quality about an hour in once i realized i wasn't getting nearly enough visuals from the dose i had taken. i also took approx. 20mg (oral) 2ci fairly soon after, another 20mgs (oral) of 2ci later, 25 mgs (insufflated) dpt much much later, and approx. 17mgs 2ce (oral) about an hour after that. NADA. i was, to say that least, disappointed. the dpt we realized immediately after taking it probably would have no effect bc of cross-tolerance but it was already too late. trust me, i felt dumb and frustrated enough afterwards that you don't need to flame me for not realizing it. i am just curious if someone out there who is far more skilled in chemical structures could let me know why this happened. i figured at least the 2ce would have an effect so many hours later, but i was pretty much at a +2 - +2.5 the whole evening.

any thoughts??

You had tolerance (what did you consume before the Moxy?).Don't tell me you didn't know that.

Lexpand said:
any thoughts??

If you're experienced enough to dive into that sort of a trip I don't think you get to follow the standard dose/response curves.

For example, as an experienced user I sniffed 40mg of 2ci and smoked 10 more a couple weekends ago and barely got to a +2. And I hadn't taken anything to give me a tolerance for a while beforehand.

Its just set and setting variables combined with the tolerance of already being twisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.