View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tested this out last night at 8mg which gave me a weak +++ experience. I didnt experience to many OEV or CEV but had a general feeling of happiness and well being. I could see this getting psychedelic at higher doses. I plan to try this out at 12mg next time.
I felt no body load at all except some tummy rumbling in the first 30min. Actually the body high was very pleasant. This leaves foxy in the dust too when it comes to all those sexy feelings. I cant wait to give this one a go with a lady.;)

I felt it within 30min of taking it and peaked by 1.5 hours. I was completely down by 6 hours and had no trouble sleeping with a little help from some marijuana.

^^^
It seems that the intensity of the 5-MeO-MiPT experience doubles with every 4mg. The dose-response curve is extremely steep.

12mg is actually the dose I plan on taking next as well. 10mg was slightly too weak for me and 14mg was almost too much. I'm hoping 12mg will be just right (for me).

Anyone insufflate this stuff? I'm having a hard time finding a sweet spot for +++ experiences with insufflated doses. I got a ++++ the first time I tried insufflating a huge dose a few years ago, but lately I've gotten ++'s from what I thought ought to have been substantial quantities insufflated.

Jaw Clenching said:
^^^
It seems that the intensity of the 5-MeO-MiPT experience doubles with every 4mg. The dose-response curve is extremely steep.

12mg is actually the dose I plan on taking next as well. 10mg was slightly too weak for me and 14mg was almost too much. I'm hoping 12mg will be just right (for me).

Yeh i think 10mg would probably be a bit weak for my tastes aswell. So im hoping 12mg will do it for me. If not than i will slowly work my way up.

8mg gave me a +++ but a weak one.

I cant wait to compare this to 4 ho mipt (which i will be experimenting with next week end.)

One of my friends got a gram of this a while back and snorted the whole thing with two friends within a week. That should attest to the safety of this compound...

More reports from aquaintances:
"It's very friendly, I've been at parties (including a family function, hah!) and socialized while on low doses (4mg) and it was enjoyable. No one seemed to notice. There are hints of visuals at this dose, and some mild trails, but nothing too much. Thoughts get a little muddled, as if I was fairly stoned. Plateaued at about 1 hour after ingestion, level for about 2 and a half, then a gentle decline to sleep after a total of 7 or so hours. Light jaw clenching."

"I tried 8mg oral for the first time the other day, with a fair amount of smoked cannabis. Around 3 hours in I blacked out while trying to stand up, but that was probably attributable to low blood sugar more than anything else. I watched a movie, and enjoyed the trails the characters left behind. In and out in about 8 hours. Very easy on the mind. I would be hard pressed to freak out."

"My girlfriend and I sampled 8mg together orally, at an afterparty, after rolling beforehand. Cuddling and eroticism was superb. Overall, this was extremely pleasant for both of us. Would repeat without hesitation"

Does it not have the peripheral serotonogic action that seems to screw up the other 5-methoxy tryptamines (ie vomiting/nausea & bouts of the squirts)? If not, I think it'll be a first

Just I never even considered it after my poor recxord with other 5-methoxytryptamines

I've read every trip report I could find on this substance (not many, to be honest) and I found no mention of vomiting and only a couple mentions of nausea at high doses during the come-up.

fastandbulbous said:
Does it not have the peripheral serotonogic action that seems to screw up the other 5-methoxy tryptamines (ie vomiting/nausea & bouts of the squirts)? If not, I think it'll be a first

Just I never even considered it after my poor recxord with other 5-methoxytryptamines

Loperamine works great for preventing the dreaded squirts. 5-MeO-MiPT does not seem to be as bad however (Esp. compared to 5-MeO-DiPT) regarding that side-effect.

There may be some nausea soon after taking 5-MeO-MiPT (usually with higher doses), but it is controllable and goes away before the peak.

The only other common negative effects are peripheral stimulation (some might think it is annoying, other may enjoy it) and of course Jaw Clenching!

All in all 5-MeO-MiPT does not have that many negative side effects compared to some other tryptamines.

for some reason with all the 5-MeO's I have tried (DMT/MIPT/DIPT/DALT) I find that there's something quite alien, reptilian to them that I can't quite explain. Something that doesn't have the warmth and emotional resonance that 4-substituted tryptamines as well LSD and AMT (amongst others) can offer me. There's a strong energetic push that is quite root chakra based and thus sexually stimulating. Of these, DALT is the mellowest and the one I find the most welcoming.

Unlike with some other tryptamines where taking them is uncannily and beautifully like delving deep into myself and a sort of "coming home" and "becoming one" (and the path there emotionally quite charged) on the 5-MeO ones I feel like I am entering alien territory - somewhere where I feel more presences / entities in the nebulae around me I cannot quite see but just feel, and I am more wary than actually really feeling much.

Can anyone relate to this?

^

Not at all. I sampled 5-MeO-MiPT @ 16mg and found it to be forgiving, warm, and highly empathetic.

I just sampled 5-MeO-MiPT for the first time. I was very excited about this chemical and let me tell you...boy was I wrong.

I took 4mg (hearing it was ultra-potent). It was ultra-boring. Strong stimulation for about an hour and a half. Gave way to a slightly-trippy (I knew I was tripping, but could not tell why), semi-pleasurable body high. No nausea, but severe gastric distress (ie the shits). The drug seemed to laugh in my face screaming, "you could be on some of the cleanest LSD you've seen in years right now, you could be on 4-HO-MiPT finding God, you could be on 2C-T-7 feeling the pulse of the universe and experiencing the greatest visuals of your life, but no, you decided to stay up all night on this boring drug".

No insights, no empathy, no visuals, sorta comfortable body feeling and the shits.

If I try it again (which I doubt I will) it will probably be at a much higher dosage (not recommended) in an effort to get rid of the rest of this miserable drug, and not be completely disappointed again.

I have to say, 5-MeO-MiPT provided the most worthless psychedelic experience in all my years of tripping. Trying DXM again would have been more worthwhile, and I can't stand that drug.

Jesus. Well, I like it. But I have to agree that it's not very deep, at least at doses 6mg and under. However, I've found it quite utile, in that it leaves me relatively clear-headed, but speeds my thoughts up tremendously and improves my motivation to do monotonous tasks. I also found it pretty good for music, and it puts me in an extremely analytical and thoughtful mood. Also, the worst issue it has is a bit of coming-up anxiety and stimulation... but I've experienced absolutely no gastrointestinal distress or physical malaise.

It's a drug I wouldn't choose if I wanted an "experience". But it's good for general enhancement. At least to me. That's too bad it didn't work out for you, though.

I dont see why its promoted as a lovey dovy sensory style drug. Why not just dose greater than 15mg and have a real trip. The visuals and sensations produced at the higher doses of this drug I found fantastic, a really strong psychedelic experience.

Remind me to take it at a larger dose sometime. I generally have used it between 2 and 6mg, with pretty similar results with each dosage, but slightly more anxiety coming up at 6. It's not "lovey" in the sense of MDMA at all, but it's reasonably tactile and basically enhances whatever you're doing. Someone said in an Erowid report that it's a "dilator", and I would agree. It speeds up the thoughts, slows time, and increases analytical thinking. I've had my most rewarding experiences at this dosage while watching an episode of "Storm Stories", and while cleaning my apartment while listening to Shulman's "In Search of a Meaningful Moment". At this dose, it's a sharpener, but it's not really very psychedelic. Also, during the come-up the body energy is a little uncomfortable, but at the peak and beyond it turns pretty pleasurable.

I have noticed no gastric or physical distress whatsoever, except that which is caused by minor anxiety during the come-up.

This compound is a bit of a conundrum. Some persons have reported it is ‘nothing special’ and others report drastic psychedelic effects… still others report it has two distinct phases/types of effects. Most of the reports I have read on various boards are mixed with regard to the compounds overall value, yet the survey results (while small) indicated consistently favorable opinions of the material. I think the jury may still be out on this one.

I B

For example, I get definite effects with as little as 1mg, although definitely sub-psychedelic. I seem to experience the two phases of this drug, where for the first couple of hours it's primarily speed and tactile, and then it switches to a clear, clean, but rather generic tryptamine high.

20mg for me was a pretty psychedelic dose. Crazy color enchancement. Things spiraling off in patterns and colors. dancing men in the ground. Trees flailing about, and changing into peacocks. Houses turning into xylophones. Dragons and pictures morphing through objects. Repetitive patterns swirling and glazing about my whole vision, moving to the music I was listening too. Amazing close eye visuals. This was one of my favorite psychedelics so far. I cant wait to try it again. I would definately reccommend this to anyone. Completely astounding experience. Start low though, and build your way up, obviously. Only dose high if you are prepared to trip hard, and want to.

But then again, how can you be absolutely positive what a small amount of little white powder actually is. I was prone to think it was something else because of intense visuals. I got it from a reliable source though, who insists it was 5-meo-mipt. Maybe it was just intense because I was by myself in the wilderness.

^^ Most reports of high dosages say that it's quite psychedelic. I think you can be reasonably sure it was really 5-MeO-MiPT. About half the reports of high dosages I've read say it was quite visualm and the other half say it wasn't. So it seems there is a lot of variance to this one.

Large doses of this are intense, i did 15-17mg of this the other day with a few of my buds and we were all taken off our feet.

The body energy off of this chemical is astounding, I was able to run around and jump around a jungle gym (lol) with such precision and speed it was exhilarating. Swings were out of this world, getting off of it and walking around on normal ground was almost depressing compared to the grandness of the swing.

Then about 3 hours in, it completely changed. All of the sudden (I was back inside) I became claustrophobic and immediately went back outside - when I got back outside the trees had become neon hued and the branches looking like snakes. Walking around various paths in and out of forests proved to be amazing and unreal, I was in a completely different world. The trees would seem to grow around me and when i'd come to lights they'd seem to turn into strobe lights and make it incredibly hard to walk, lol.

That's just a fraction of the trip because i have to run to class, but I must say that i'm thoroughly impressed with this drug. I've also tried smoking the HCl salt a few times between 2-4mg with pleasurable results, such as a weak MeO-MiPT body high which lasted a few hours and some added energy. I'm interested in freebasing maybe 30-50mg of the HCl with 6 mol/L NaOH to smoke that, anybody have any experience with the freebase? Just figured it could be a novel experiment :D

There's some side effects at higher doses that i've noticed too such as the body high becoming too overwhelming (at one point i thought my legs were on fire), some chest pains reported throughout the group, and one time I had pretty bad gastro-intestinal discomfort but nothing moreso than what mushrooms can produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.