PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslkag

Bluelighter
I am just wondering what type of effort goes into the creation and or synthesis of LSD. If anyone has some knowledge i would be interested in reading.

is typing 'lsd synthesis' into google really so difficult?

This could explain the availability problem, seeing as this is definitely not a 'kitchen chemistry' project.

It's a very delicate problem with very rare precursors, like ergotamine tartrate.

jonah-
Shouldn't you be out doing something else with your life than writing pointless flames?
I fucking hate cynical bastards who think they are better than everyone else.
That's why I don't come here anymore - because of idiots like you. Yeah the guy is probably out of line with his post, but don't you think that having no replies to his post would be an even better response? Oh - but wait that wouldn't make you seem cool to everyone else...

Damn... we lay off the wip for a few days and you guys are all back to flaming like a bunch of angry-ass-motherfuckers.
We don't flame here... plain and simple. If you feel the need to flame maybe you should consider masturbating on a more regular basis. You might find it disapates the anxiety just as effectively.
Now, back to the topic at hand.
The issues with LSD production, storage and contamination are numerous and complicated. First off, LSD is a VERY difficult drug to synth. Yes, you can read the TIHKAL entry for LSD-25 but it honestly doesn't fully convey the degree of precision that must be implemented to achieve production. LSD is not made by hippies in trailors, nor in rusty bathtubs in cellar apartments in Harlem - it is produced by chemists who have access to, or have built professional grade laboratories.
It is also true that there are very few manufacturers making the majority of the product available in North America. This is simply a matter of mathematics and established distribution channels: The rule of thumb in the production of LSD is that if you have made any at all, you have made more than enough. This is a drug that is active at fantastically miniscule dosages. When a batch is created, the limiting factors on how much and how often it gets to the end user is not the amount produced, but rather the ability of the producer to distribute the product rapidly and effectively. When dealing with the distribution of LSD, as opposed to more stable drugs like MDMA and heroin, you are racing the clock. Unless you are keeping your LSD at very low temperatures (below freezing), shielding it from any and all sources of light, and protecting it from other forms of contamination (air) you are dealing with a molecule that decomposes at a very quick rate.
Bare in mind that although these LSD production labs may be elaborate and sophisticated by clandestine standards, I sincerely doubt that they are loading the product into light proof freezer trailors for distribution... and the old dead head who lives in the trailor park down the street who "always has the hookup" at the Phish shows certainly isn't maintaining optimal storage conditions.
So there we have it: LSD is first of all very difficult to synthesize, and secondly it is such a fragile molecule that it must be distributed in a timely fashion, through effective distribution channels for you to get it before it becomes just a pretty piece of blotter paper or worthless pieces of gel. This also explains why it seems like when the LSD does finally come around, it is plentiful.
Moral of the story: When you do come across LSD, be very thankful and take advantage of it. If you are lucky enough to have a very pure source (especially when it is found still in liquid form) I sugest trying to store it in the back of your freezer wrapped in layers of tin foil. This is the best to optimize the potency of your product.
Peace,
SG

If this question is being asked out of a desire to produce LSD so you can take advantage of its seeming rarity in your area can I suggest an alternative? Go buy a fair bit of liquid or a crystal (these CAN be found no matter what people say, you just need better connections), and put it onto paper yourself. This is a far easier thing to do than the actual synth yourself, as you prolly already figured from the posts above.

Hey where is all the animosity coming from aslkagmight have a PHD in organic chemistry for all we know, he just wants to make sure he does it right, maybe he can synthesize some MDMA for us.

Mr. Ghost:
I agree with everything you said about the difficulty of producing LSD. As far as the stability of the molecule itself goes, I'm still unsure about this. I;ve heard everything that you wrote thousands of times by just as many people but my own opinion based on my experience contradicts this.
I;ve never been dumb enough to store LSD in anything less than fair environmental conditions, nor have I had any accidents that I can recall. However, I've never gone as far as keeping it in below freezing temperatures, shielding it from any and all sources of light, and protection it from air. A normal household refrigerator seems to work fine.
I;ve had acid that was 24 hours old and I;ve had acid that was 24 months old. My observation is this: Super fresh crystal LSD straight from the lab still damp from solvent is incredible. In many ways it's completely different than the same LSD that hits the end user. Over the next 7 days the qualtity gets predictably lower and lower. It plateaus though. As long as it hasnt been sitting outside baking under the sun, I cant tell a difference between acid that is a week old and the same acid that's months old.

You know LSD synth isn't as complicated as everyone makes it out to be. There are tons of people that have had the right education that just need the right synth with the direct tips and directions. I know i'm gonna get flamed for this but there are places that cover synthesis and help of this. The right chemist, and there are many, can produce LSD if they were motivated enough.

You know LSD synth isn't as complicated as everyone makes it out to be. There are tons of people that have had the right education that just need the right synth with the direct tips and directions. I know i'm gonna get flamed for this but there are places that cover synthesis and help of this. The right chemist, and there are many, can produce LSD if they were motivated enough.

Yes, anybody with a BS in chemistry and enough lab procedure practice could , given enough time to perfect the techniques, produce LSD. However, ergotamine tartrate must be obtained through diverted pharmacutical channels. I don't know many college grads, who have the education to pursue a job that wouldn't result in a lenghty federal prison term, that would choose to look for an inroad into the world of clandestine chemistry. As sebastian said, there are established channels of diversion, production, and distribution. To become a cook, you'd most likely have to become part of them, which isn't likely at all, considering how secretive it is.

Well, LSA can be extracted from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds and Ergot on rye the later of course is much more efficient but will be tougher to grow, get enough of and is slightly dangerous to work with I believe as it used to cause some nasty diseases when people would eat rye which was over run with it. Most synths around start with LSA and usually include the extraction process as well. As for the precursors there are quite a great number of synths out there these days and not all of the precursors are hard to get but if you are going to be synthing LSD you're going to need a vacuum hood, a freezer which can reach 20 degrees below 0C, and various other lab supplies. And when you are using some of the chemicals you do to make something which you are going to ingest it would be wise to have a chromatography column. The lab supplies alone will cost you a few K and the less you spend the lower your yields will be most likely unless you know where to get awesome cheap lab equipment in which case please let me know your source. The LSD synth isn't really as hard as people make it out to be but if you haven't even taken a college level chemistry course then you're going to have to spend a lot of time studying and researching before you're going to understand a lot of whats going on and it's pretty imperative during a synth like this, you can't really just follow directions if you want to keep the yields up. It takes a lot of thinking between all of the reacting and you'll probably be up for just about two days unless you can find a point in which to get to sleep.
The LSD molecule is very weak in certian areas this is why it is hard to synth and why it breaks down quite rapidly in normal atmospheric conditions nature doesn't want that molecule to exist on the planet earth at this point in time. And acid dealers man, if they deal tabs they're usually pretty ignorant as to how to handle it, it's unfortunate as it's what usually produces weak acid in the end. It would be really nice to synth some acid as you'd have a nice supply for quite some time and would be able to easily make your money back for all that lab equipment and chems. Just gotta make sure you store that stuff right.

If you still want to learn more about it check these links. I hope someone sees that while hard it is doable because there is a serious acid shortage around here(north eastern US) these days.

Seems the mods don't like people posting the links I did so I'm going to edit them out if you want them just PM me and if you have any interest in the subject I urge you to as they are very very informative sites.

Last edited:
a whole lot of effort, it is a very unstable molecule, if you have to ask the question, you`re not able to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.