View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSA Subthread] Dosage of Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose (HBWR) Seeds

zaggy

Bluelighter
Hello all, this is a pretty last minute question, but anyways I'll get straight to the point— Today I am introducing a friend to the psychedelic realm, and prepared a cold water extraction w/ essential oil of peppermint (I know the controversial LSA -> LSH claims, but it also helps for nausea).

I'm relatively unclear about how ground up they needed to be to get a good extraction. The coffee grinder I used turned it into a coarse ground.

4 and 1/2 hours until it will have hit the 24 hour mark. Will it be good? I put in 6 seeds.

Your extraction method is OK.
Are you planning on using 6 seeds for the both of you or just him? I guess 6 seeds will suffice for a threshold experience for one person, but no way you're pulling that off for the both of you. Good luck on your adventure.

Your extraction method is OK.
Are you planning on using 6 seeds for the both of you or just him? I guess 6 seeds will suffice for a threshold experience for one person, but no way you're pulling that off for the both of you. Good luck on your adventure.

I'm being sober to sit him. Erowid lists 6 seeds as the midrange of a common dose, and in my experience, 6 seeds is definitely enough to trip!

Well, go ahead than. What you got to realize is that dose is highly individualized. I had 6 seeds once, but felt nothing except the nausea. Maybe your friend is going to find it actually very intense, you never know.

BTW, a good way to counter body load and nausea is by just smoking weed, which could also potentiate the whole experience.

Well, go ahead than. What you got to realize is that dose is highly individualized. I had 6 seeds once, but felt nothing except the nausea. Maybe your friend is going to find it actually very intense, you never know.

BTW, a good way to counter body load and nausea is by just smoking weed, which could also potentiate the whole experience.

Good suggestion, weed will be there. It's a wild guess to how he'll react to a psychedelic. I have about 4 more seeds, but I'm iffy about making his trip too intense for the first time.

I remember my first time (not first time tripping) on HBWR seeds I was having out of body experiences and going into trances. No idea how many seeds I took though, I think I just took about 2 or 3 quarters of a teaspoon of ground up seeds that were treated with acetone with the intent of further extracting LSAs, but we got lazy. Weird thing about body load, is i never got it. I actually got all entactogenic like Ecstasy.

If they are the Madagascar strain, 3 seeds should be plenty...

Totally true, the Madagascan strain is way more potent then the other strains I've encountered, no nausea but alot of cramping. I love being outside on LSA , and I found that it does go quite nicely with booze.

10 appear in front of me... someone is thinking about taking 3 (using cold water extraction method rather than ethanol)...anyone with experience and some words of wisdom on this subject?

"i value reason and abandon madness."
NSFW:
-desert mirage

Three seeds is nothing, you'll probably observe no effects at all - but you should still try it for the first time, to see if you even find all the nausea that comes with it worthwhile. If it's good, you can try something between 5-6 seeds the next time and see what that does to you.

Overall I wouldn't recommend spending too much time on LSA, you might find it very interesting, but it's no where near the real deal.

As with any natural product the amount of alkaloids is highly variable in HBWR. There's a pparently at least one high-alkaloid variety that would get you pretty good with 3 or 4 seeds.

Three seeds is nothing, you'll probably observe no effects at all

This is entirely incorrect. The potency of HBWR varies greatly depending on the country of origin. Three HWBR from Madagascar would be a +++ for most people.

The easiest way to consume them is to fully scrape the outside of the seed until its a light-skin/peanut color, chew them up very well, and swallow.

Soaking the scraped and ground seeds in a small amount of wine for 30min-2hrs is also effective.

Nausea is common so it's best not to fight it (purge if you need to).

In my experience the dose/response curve for HBWR is not linear so increase the dose slowly on subsequent trials rather than doubling up as that can easily lead to being way higher than you want to be. LSA has been known to give psychedelic ass-kickings if not treated with respect...

Safe journeying. <3

try chewing up 12 and swallowing

i find taking it with some nutty candy helps downing them

also be sure to scrape off the fur first

and trust me youll be in for an intense psychedelic experience

with intense moving patterns and everything

just expect to be bed ridden and a little sleepy

i felt i had a death and rebirth experience

noticeable euphoria and everything

but you will have a body load

it really does feel like natural lsd

the patterns are more native american rather than spacey like acid

i always just chew and swallow my HBWR seeds. especially if the person is just taking 3 seeds, chewing and swallowing should be okay... i doubt 3 seeds would cause all that much nausea.

Three seeds is nothing, you'll probably observe no effects at all - but you should still try it for the first time, to see if you even find all the nausea that comes with it worthwhile. If it's good, you can try something between 5-6 seeds the next time and see what that does to you.

Overall I wouldn't recommend spending too much time on LSA, you might find it very interesting, but it's no where near the real deal.

Everything this person told you is highly questionable.
I wouldn't trust it at all.

You already heard the story about the dosage. Can you imagine if you decided to take 5-6 seeds this time, listing to him/her, and you had the strong ones? You might be really, really surprised.

As for "it's nowhere near the real deal", that is clearly spoken by someone without enough experience.
If you take the right amount, you can flyyyyyyyy, just as high and far as on on a high dose of LSD.
I have nearly 25 years experience with psychedelics. I have done LSD more than 50 times, and HBWR at least a dozen times, including a few of the strong experiences that are equal to strong trips on LSD. Trust me on this one.

Finally, I used to take the seeds ground up, and often experienced nausea or other unpleasant physical symptoms.
But with a water extraction, I had no nausea or other unpleasantness at all.
I highly recommend doing such an extraction.

Read up on some experiences on Erowid, and you will see that people generally get really bad nausea, which can be enough to ruin half their trip or more, but with a water extraction there is generally little or no nausea.

Good trippin'!

Everything this person told you is highly questionable.
I wouldn't trust it at all.

You already heard the story about the dosage. Can you imagine if you decided to take 5-6 seeds this time, listing to him/her, and you had the strong ones? You might be really, really surprised.

As for "it's nowhere near the real deal", that is clearly spoken by someone without enough experience.
If you take the right amount, you can flyyyyyyyy, just as high and far as on on a high dose of LSD.
I have nearly 25 years experience with psychedelics. I have done LSD more than 50 times, and HBWR at least a dozen times, including a few of the strong experiences that are equal to strong trips on LSD. Trust me on this one.

Finally, I used to take the seeds ground up, and often experienced nausea or other unpleasant physical symptoms.
But with a water extraction, I had no nausea or other unpleasantness at all.
I highly recommend doing such an extraction.

Read up on some experiences on Erowid, and you will see that people generally get really bad nausea, which can be enough to ruin half their trip or more, but with a water extraction there is generally little or no nausea.

Good trippin'!

Thank you for the rep brother.
First of all, according to erowid, up to four seeds orally gives you a threshold experience. 3-6 seeds is a 'light' experience. Doing a water extraction on such an amount is next to nothing according to any report I know of. Now I don't have any information on the so-called Madagascar variety, but all I know is that none of my US vendors carry it. The whole thing is probably just an marketing technique. What determines the quality of the seed is not the country it came from, but rather the growing environment and natural differences between each seed.
It was just hastiness on my part to assume that this is what the guy has. Other than that, my information was 100% accurate.

Obviously it might differ between people, but the LSA experience is generally more sedating, quite painful, lacks intricate visuals, and gives off a generous amount of mindfuck. Some people like it, some hate it, but most don't care for it at all.

I don't care how many years of experience you have under your belt, LSA is not as good nor even close to LSD. It's cool if you enjoy it, but you'll find very little people who agree on that. LSD is such a wonderful drug because it provides a great balance between simulation, euphoria, creativity and sensory enhancement. LSA will always come second on all these aspects.

I don't care how many years of experience you have under your belt, LSA is not as good nor even close to LSD. It's cool if you enjoy it, but you'll find very little people who agree on that. LSD is such a wonderful drug because it provides a great balance between simulation, euphoria, creativity and sensory enhancement. LSA will always come second on all these aspects.

Totally not in my experience, and many others. I've taken HBWR once at a pretty damn high dose (15 seeds) and it blew most of my other trips out of the water. Only rivaled by my first ever trip, which was on LSD.

I agree, I have madagascar strain seeds (just received my third shipment of them) and they are my favorite, 3 seeds (ground up and ingested) is enough for an okay trip. I did 12 seeds (CWE) once along with 2 grams of rivea corymbosa seeds (ololiuhqui) and smoking a few jays as well, and holy fuck, that was out of this world. Swirling geometric fractals all over my vision, I tried to look at a blank piece of paper and "fill out" the hallucinations but they kept morphing and swirling, and after 45 minutes and 20 scrapped pieces of paper I eventually realized the futility of the whole project, took a bong rip, leaned back and got lost in my internal universe.

I'd rank it amongst my top 5 trips.

ps. in my experience cold water extractions are ~60-70% as potent as just eating the seeds after you grind them up coarsely, but the come-up is quicker with the cwe.

so 4 will do me good?

start with four. if it is enough for a good trip, then hey you have more total doses in your stash. if it's not strong enough, then you'll know... but at least you won't have wasted more than you need to. and if it's TOO STRONG (you'd be a lucky devil), then take two or three for your next trip.