Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mescaline Extraction Subthread] d-Limonene Tek

Uberlight69

Greenlighter
Mescaline Extraction Subthread: d-Limonen Tek

Back to the main mescaline extraction thread

[original post:]

I read through it and understand how it works and Im positive I can do it I just have a few questions for anybody who has tried it. For those who havnt seen it here it is http://wiki.dmt-nexus.com/69ron's_D-Limonene_Mescaline_Extraction
I would have asked DMT Nexus but I cant post in there for some reason. Here are my questions, on step # 2 after adding the limonene and mixing it does anybody have a good specific time to let it sit for because it only says let sit for a few hours and I just want to know a good amount of hours cuz I would like to be succesfull the first time I attempt to extract it. On step 4 same thing after adding the 25 ml of vinegar and mixing it how long should I let it sit for ? I guess thats about all the questions I have if anybody can answer I apreciate it because I dont want to buy all the meterials and fail and its a waste. Im pretty positive I can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always just let it sit for at least 5ish hours for no real reason other than it says to wait but anyways I don't think it would matter that much if you let it sit longer. Oh and I treat the vinegar like a stb dmt extract and do pretty much the same thing as that. ( Roll it around for a while and doing that a couple times).

With the vinegar you can shake it like mad. Emulsions shouldn't be a problem at this stage. With vinegar being a weak acid, you should let it sit for a few hours. Exactly how much isn't a big concern.

With the limonene, wait until everything is settled real well and any emulsion has pretty much gone down. How will you be separating the layers?

Im going to pick up a glass grevy seperator and i already have a french press. Im pretty sure I can do this. Also if I where to use 200 grams instead of just 100 would the amount of calcium hydroxide and limonene etc also double or is it a standard amount of all those for any amount of cactus powder ? Im sure everything doubles but I just wanna make sure. Like I said I just dont want any mistakes and to waste all the money. It seems like following those directions is all you need and an understanding of basic chemistry. Only reason Im worried about failure is because the only time Ive attempted to do an extraction prior to this (it was with dmt) I failed sadly but Im trying again with mesc and Im pretty confident I can get it down

I would try to do two separate extractions of 100g each. That way if you do make a mistake somewhere along the line, you still have enough to try again. Practice makes perfect, so do more extractions!

Also, the mescaline extraction is probably going to be easier than a DMT extraction for a first timer. Good luck!

I cant wait, Ive eaten the cactus powder and doing just that I cant get to the level I want to with mescaline. I have had a pretty good experience with just cactus powder and doing that Ive never rly "broken through" to a full mescaline trip but Ive been standing right on the gates of a full blown trip and from what Ive seen I can tell Im rly gonna like it. Idk if it will be my favorite because psilocybin has alwayz been my chemical and it would be hard to beat that but Mescaline definetly has potential and I love how long it lasts and from what Ive seen (with cactus powder I prolly been in the 300mg range at most) I can tell it will have the best visuals of any psychedelic Ive tried as in most colorful and most beutifull visuals there are. I think mescaline is the most perfect for a nature hike on a nice sunny day early in the day. The sickest thing Ive seen with mesc is looking at the sun when there is a cloud covering it and seeing the light shine through the cloud, man it looks like some biblical seen in anchient times where heaven would just shine in the sky right through the clouds. So colorful and amazing. Idk what to expect as far as experience other than visuals I can tell its rly euphoric and definetly is has deep introspection. I think shrooms will be the most spiritual and significant for me in life but I think mescaline will without a doubt have its place. And from what I seen there is a potential for it to be my favorite but it will be hard to beat shrooms for me.

Dmt extracts are wayyyy easier but the limonene extract isn't that hard at all either. As far as doing a 200 g, yes you double it. Oh and I love mescaline like a brother and I'm sure you'll learn to absolutely love it too.

how about 3 hours for letting the cactus calcium hydroxide and eater mix to sit does that sound good ?

Uberlight just wanted to say don't be surprised if this thread is soon renamed to:
:)

...sorry. not use to the forums, dont post much. I could have posted this in the big extraction thread. my bad, but thanx for the help evrybody. ps just eat some peruvian powder and am begining to feel like there might be some mescaline in my system...Strange

Uberlight just wanted to say don't be surprised if this thread is soon renamed to:
:)
I'm glad to hear that!:) More people should find out about this ridiculously easy extract. All the other A/B extractions for mescaline are complicated and most people would be able to easily do the D-Limonene extraction.

Limonene is not easily found around where I live (Holland, Europe), only at a lab store in expensive reagent grade quality. Otherwise it would be over and done with already! :)

Uberlight it's fine, like I hinted to I'm actually glad this is a separate thread and will keep it that way. As Help?!?! says this is a pretty interesting method that deserves attention, but perhaps other teks also deserve subthreading. Don't know of any to single out by heart yet, but it will come.

Here is the tek by the way:

NSFW:

taken from:
http://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4002

Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil)

Revision 1.13

What you need:

* 100 grams of died cactus, preferably dried green outer flesh with the core, spines, and the thin waxy skin removed from it.
* 25 grams of edible calcium hydroxide (hydrated lime).
* 300 ml of any type of drinking water. Tap water is just fine.
* 900 ml of food grade non-toxic d-limonene (orange oil). Note that some non-distilled d-limonene apparently contains traces of citric acid (less than 0.1%). Someone brought this up as a possible concern. The amount of citric acid present is too small to have any impact at all on the extraction process. We would need at least 10 grams of citric acid for there to be any impact at all on this extraction process. 0.1% of 1000 ml is only 1 gram, and most non-distilled d-limonene would contain much less that 0.1%. So don’t worry about traces of citric acid present in non-distilled d-limonene, its of no concern at all. Citric acid cannot be distilled, so distilled d-limonene cannot contain any at all.
* 150 -225 ml of vinegar.
* 3 coffee filters.
* A large container to hold the cactus mix. It's best to use glass or metal. If plastic is used, HDPE or PP is best. Do not use polystyrene because it dissolves in d-limonene.
* A dish for evaporating your final alkaloid extract in.
* A glass gravy separator or a separatory funnel (HDPE or PP plastic could be used instead of glass)

Here's the procedure

1 - Powderize your dried cactus. Mix 100 grams of dried powderized cactus with 25 grams of calcium hydroxide. Add 300 ml water to make it feel wet but not watery. Mix for about 5 minutes.

2 - Add 300 ml of d-limonene. Mix well. Let sit a few hours.

3 - Pour off the d-limonene through a filter. (It's really cool if you use a French Coffee Press for this. Using a French Coffee Press you press the cactus mix and squeeze out the d-limonene to get every last drop of d-limonene out. Then filter it through a paper coffee filter.)

4 - Add 25 ml of vinegar to the d-limonene. Mix thoroughly.

5 - Separate the vinegar from the d-limonene (the vinegar is at the bottom, the d-limonene at the top). This vinegar will contain mescaline acetate. Evaporate your vinegar in a food dehydrator at 155 F to get waxy amber slightly impure mescaline acetate. NOTE: to separate the vinegar from the d-limonene you can use a glass gravy separator or a separatory funnel. Seperatory funnels are considered laboratory glassware and are banned for individual use in some locations. A gravy separator works almost just as well and can be found at some local kitchenware shops.

6 - Repeat steps 4 and 5 at least 2-3 times.

7 - Repeat steps 2 - 6 at least 2 times.

Comments

The great thing about this tech is that is it 100% food grade and non-toxic. You can buy food grade calcium hydroxide at many places, it's often called hydrated lime and is used in cooking (making pickles, tortillas, etc.). Make sure to use non-toxic food grade d-limonene, that way if any d-limonene residue is left behind its safe to ingest it. Use regular white vinegar that is 5% acetic acid.

The result is a waxy amber colored slightly impure mescaline acetate approximately 85-95% pure. It might take a while to dry complete. Have patients.

SWIM has used this tech and got yields you cannot believe. Mescaline acetate is a little waxy, and tends to stick to things. It's texture is not as nice as mescaline HCl which is much more powdery in texture. However, SWIM has found that mescaline acetate is stronger by weight than mescaline HCl. He's not sure why. It should be weaker because it's heavier. I believe it absorbs faster and that's why it's stronger. It definitely comes on much quicker than mescaline HCl does.

The purity of this extraction is good enough for a great trip. You really don't need 99% purity. At about 90% pure, it's concentrated enough to put into gel tabs for a really nice convenient trip without all the bulk of the cactus. At this purity level mescaline acetate is still a little stronger than 99% pure white mescaline HCl. SWIM has both and has compared them many times already. The white 99% pure mescaline is prettier and is not waxy, so it's easier to deal with, but it's less potent with otherwise nearly identical effects.

Note that this tech was developed for San Pedro cactus but should work equally well for Peyote, Achuma, and Peruvian Torch.

Dosage Information

Here are the dosages as stated on Erowid for mescaline HCl. The dosage for mescaline acetate is nearly identical, but this extract is roughly 90% mescaline acetate plus some other active alkaloids so this dosage guide is fairly accurate for this extract.

Threshold 100 mg
Light 100 - 200 mg
Common 200 - 300 mg
Strong 300 - 500 mg
Heavy 500 - 700 mg

SWIM does not recommend more than 200 mg for a first time experience. 100 mg is enough for SWIM to experience some minor psychedelic effects. Below that it’s mostly just a pleasant euphoric stimulant very similar to MDMA. SWIM can feel the effects of as little at 50 mg of mescaline, but it’s not psychedelic at all at that dose. For him, the psychedelic effects kick in at about 100 mg, but are mild. At 200 mg the psychedelic effects are very noticeable, but not too heavy. At 300 mg and above, it becomes quite a heavy experience from many people.

Dosage Using Gel Caps

The following shows how much dry mescaline acetate (extracted using this tech) will fit into the specified gel cap if tapped down tightly. Using this information you can measure doses without the use of a scale.

1 size "5" holds 65-75 mg
1 size "4" holds 110-120 mg
1 size "3" holds 165-175 mg
1 size "2" holds 205-215 mg
1 size "1" holds 280-290 mg
1 size "0" holds 390-400 mg
1 size "00" holds 540-550 mg
1 size "000" holds 790-800 mg

Most people find a size "5" to be very euphoric without psychedelic effects.

A size “3” is a good starter dose. That’s enough to know what mescaline is like without being blown away by it.

A size “0” and larger should be avoided unless you’re really comfortable with mescaline.

Last edited:
Ah well I just order quarts or gallons of it online. You can never have enough cleaner;)

I need to extract it. I took powder a while ago and Im feeling it but this is like try # 7 to get a full blown mescaline trip and I just cant get there without extracting. I hate mescalines potency, other than that I can tell high doses are AMAZING but I just cant fucking get there with cactus or cactus powder. I think Im gonna go right for 350 idlest because right now what Ive taken cant be more than 200 mg's and the most Ive ever been feels like 250 range descriptions. I just wanna jump in, may even go straight for 500 mg's but then again that might be a little too strong idk. I want strong visuals. I do want to experience the spirutual apects but latly ive just wanted amazing visuals and

I want a mescaline visual spectacular and if deep introspection comes with it thats even better

Then finish your extraction it takes me a maximum of 2 days to go from 200 gs of powder to anywhere from 2 to 4 grams of acetate.

Yeah Im never eating cactus powder again. It was easier to eat fresh cactus honestly. Extraction will be very rewording.

Hi guys just a quick question with the d-limonene, can it be re-used after the vinegar has been separated from it? i mean with a benzene extract you can reuse the benzene after you get the crystals from it does anyone know? i just want to make a whole heap and it is really expensive thats all. cheers guys and gals

Afaik, it's reusable a couple times, but no where near indefinitely. There are many fats and the like that will build up and concentrate within it after repeated use and become a problem.

Afaik, it's reusable a couple times, but no where near indefinitely. There are many fats and the like that will build up and concentrate within it after repeated use and become a problem.

Ok so would you say you could use the recomended 900ml for 400grms of cactus powder instead of 100? or a little less?