• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

About to go through FENTANYL withdrawal.

thecomexup

Greenlighter
Does anyone have any advice on getting through this terrible experience i'm about to go through? Or other drugs that will work well to ease the pain?

I have 15 1mg xanax, 2 muscle relaxers, 4mg suboxone (which I plan on not using unless it get's really really unbearable.), and 1 gram of high quality marijuana. That's all i've got to help me get through the w/ds.

A little info on my tolerance before quitting...
Also note that the only patches I ever eat are the Mylan brand, with NO gel.

About a month ago, I was eating a 50mcg piece an hour after waking up. Anywhere from 9am-12pm. I would keep it in my mouth for at least 6 hours. Then between 8pm-10pm I would put a new piece in my mouth of 25mcg. A quarter of a 100mcg. I felt like that would help me sleep, without waking up in the middle of the night with mild w/ds like the sweats/chills, or just simply being uncomfortable. Anyways, I've been planning on quitting...so for the past 30 days i've dropped my "waking up" dose to 25mcg. and my nightly dose to 15-25mcg also.

Today I ate my last piece. I had a piece of about 40mcg left and I just said fuck it, and ate the whole thing upon waking up. It's sunday, i'm just going to be hanging out watching football all day & night. Anyways, this time tomorrow I will surely be withdrawling.

So i'm asking what can I do to ease the w/ds?

another little side note is that I have no health insurance, so don't say anything about going to my doctor. Because I can't. And i'm going to be alone the entire time of w/d.

Any wisdom of yours will help.

Thank you.

Get some clonidine if you can.

I know you said going to a doc isn't an option, but if you looked for it, you could prolly obtain some..

Get some clonidine if you can.

I know you said going to a doc isn't an option, but if you looked for it, you could prolly obtain some..

I wish I could find some of that stuff. I'm 23 though. and I have no idea where to get it. My friends wouldn't have it. I'd have to find an older person with bad blood pressure, right? haha. damn.

what does anyone think about a glass of wine at night to help sleep?

I know they say have like 6oz of wine before bed to help sleep.

does alcohol help w/ds? or make it worse? I feel like actually getting DRUNK would make it feel worse.

clonidine works well...would other blood pressure meds work?

Could you go to Canada and get tylenol with codeine -- weak, but may work?

I hear that people use kratom, poppy pods, but my tolerance was too much for that stuff.

Could you got to a nearby methadone clinic and get some pills to help you taper?

What is the normal withdrawal time for fentanyl -- is it like H which is like 5 days or like oxycontin which seems to be a lot longer?

what does anyone think about a glass of wine at night to help sleep?

I know they say have like 6oz of wine before bed to help sleep.

does alcohol help w/ds? or make it worse? I feel like actually getting DRUNK would make it feel worse.
I got drunk one time when I was withdrawing and it was better than just doing nothing, but when I fell asleep for like 2 hours (felt like a full nights rest) I woke up feeling like SHIT!!! I guess withdraw intensified the hangover or something cause it was awful. I've been through fentanyl withdraw before, the worst of it comes on day 3. My advice would be to get some real weak opiates, codeine or hydros and just take them every like 8 hrs. Maybe like one or half of one. It won't give you that opiate buzz but it will make life manageable. Add a ton of weed to that, and it would be waaay eaiser.

If you can't get any weak opiates, don't worry..I have quit cold turkey from fent before, it won't kill you.

clonidine works well...would other blood pressure meds work?

Could you go to Canada and get tylenol with codeine -- weak, but may work?

I hear that people use kratom, poppy pods, but my tolerance was too much for that stuff.

Could you got to a nearby methadone clinic and get some pills to help you taper?

What is the normal withdrawal time for fentanyl -- is it like H which is like 5 days or like oxycontin which seems to be a lot longer?

Depends on how OP was taking it. OP, were you eating the patch or wearing it? Eating makes withdraw shorter, wearing will make withdraw longer.

I got drunk one time when I was withdrawing and it was better than just doing nothing, but when I fell asleep for like 2 hours (felt like a full nights rest) I woke up feeling like SHIT!!! I guess withdraw intensified the hangover or something cause it was awful. I've been through fentanyl withdraw before, the worst of it comes on day 3. My advice would be to get some real weak opiates, codeine or hydros and just take them every like 8 hrs. Maybe like one or half of one. It won't give you that opiate buzz but it will make life manageable. Add a ton of weed to that, and it would be waaay eaiser.

If you can't get any weak opiates, don't worry..I have quit cold turkey from fent before, it won't kill you.

thanks for your advice.

wont taking hydros and weak opiates just make the w/d last longer? cuz if you take them, then your body has to get rid of those also on top of the fentanyl. right or wrong?

Fentanyl withdrawal is quick and painful. Xanax will help you sleep (maybe) and if you've got other muscle relaxers take them sparingly throughout the day to ease cramps and muscle spams.
If the only opioid in your system is fentanyl, then your withdrawal is going to be fast (a few days discomfort at most). When I used to smoke the gel out of the patches, I would feel withdrawal within five hours. When I couldn't keep the buzz going anymore, the withdrawal would be intense, painful, but FAST.
You'll get through it man. Try to detox completely and stay away from opiates. Easier said than done, I know, but like I said, fent WD is very quick. If you can get through it, stay clean! Only get on the Suboxone if you really absolutely cannot bear life during WD. Cuz then you'll have to detox from the Sub, which is not as intense but VERY LONG LASTING and very uncomfortable. Good luck man.

Lots of people ease themselves off of potent opiates using codeine and hydrocodone...

If thats an option for you, I'd say try it.

Its going to be the same thing as taking methadone or suboxone though (in essence)... you'll be trying to wean yourself off, steadily, and pain free.

Fentanyl withdrawal is quick and painful. Xanax will help you sleep (maybe) and if you've got other muscle relaxers take them sparingly throughout the day to ease cramps and muscle spams.
If the only opioid in your system is fentanyl, then your withdrawal is going to be fast (a few days discomfort at most). When I used to smoke the gel out of the patches, I would feel withdrawal within five hours. When I couldn't keep the buzz going anymore, the withdrawal would be intense, painful, but FAST.
You'll get through it man. Try to detox completely and stay away from opiates. Easier said than done, I know, but like I said, fent WD is very quick. If you can get through it, stay clean! Only get on the Suboxone if you really absolutely cannot bear life during WD. Cuz then you'll have to detox from the Sub, which is not as intense but VERY LONG LASTING and very uncomfortable. Good luck man.

thanks man. I was gunna keep the muscle relaxers for when RLS starts to become unbearable. Wish I had more than 2. I'm glad to hear it's quick though. My buddy had the same tolerance as me pretty much, and went into detox and said it was 4 days and that's it. and believe me, i'm not planning on touching ANY opiates after this. Opiates ruined my life. and has me stuck in my hometown.

the thing that I cant take during w/d is the RLS and the sweats/chills.

I can deal with the puking, and shitting, and being sore all over.
but the RLS drives me NUTS. I cannot sit or lie still. my body twitches and it's terrible. I wish there was meds to take that away.

Last edited:
thanks man. I was gunna keep the muscle relaxers for when RLS starts to become unbearable. Wish I had more than 2. I'm glad to hear it's quick though. My buddy had the same tolerance as me pretty much, and went into detox and said it was 4 days and that's it. and believe me, i'm not planning on touching ANY opiates after this. Opiates ruined my life. and has me stuck in my hometown.

the thing that I cant take during w/d is the RLS and the sweats/chills.

I can deal with the puking, and shitting, and being sore all over.
but the RLS drives me NUTS. I cannot sit or lie still. but body twitches and it's terrible. I wish there was meds to take that away.

Get some immodium AD, and with a decent dose + xanax and muscle relaxers your w/d's should be pretty barable.. Click the link provided above for more info about using OTC med's to aid in withdrawl.. woohoo post 100

Last edited:
Get some immodium AD, and with a decent dose + xanax and muscle relaxers your w/d's should be pretty barable.. Click the link provided above for more info about using OTC med's to aid in withdrawl.. woohoo post 100

I got some immodium ad...the liquid kind though. does that matter?
I took a cap full like it suggests...then took another half of a cap.

also got some nyquil.
is it safe to mix that with benzos at night?
being it has dextromethorphan in it.

so it's been 24 hours since my last dose...

I ate 2mg xanax awhile before bed last night. I woke up every 2 hours. then I woke up at 6am with some pretty decent sweats/chills. but I took a few hits of weed, and it seemed to go away within 30 mins. i've also been on the toilet about 3 times this morning..but I shouldnt be back there now that i've got this immodium.

ill try to update this at least once a day. i dont know if ill be in any shape to get on here though tomorrow at this time.

Well, I thought my oxy withdrawl from 120mg's would be bad. It's good to know that you're not alone, there's other people out there to.

I'm quiting this shit and moving on with my life. I'm not even going to tell my suboxone Dr. I just need some immodium and i'm set. So far I only took about 7.5mg's of oxy this morning. It didn't do anything.

Like the op said i'm going to do the same thing and try and rest. Good luck OP i'm going through a "similar thing" although fent is the strongest opiate. If you ask me a bad opiate withdrawl is a bad opiate withdrawl.....

Everything that everyone has said in response to this post is totally valid, however I just want to add that when I was withdrawing from heroin the WORST thing I did was smoke weed. Getting high while dopesick (for me) made EVERYTHING worse. It made my head feel like it was about to explode and magnified the bodily discomfort/aches tenfold. This is just my experience, but i've never found weed to help even a small ammount during opiate withdrawal.

Wait untill you're def into WD, then use your Suboxone. Why not? It's a wonder drug for opiate detox man!