Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dosage and Methods of Administration

technoHarmony

Bluelighter
Ketamine Subthread: Dosage & Methods of Administration

This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy Ketamine thread in which to discuss dosage and methods of administration. Please direct all questions and discussion about Ketamine dosage and methods of administration to this thread.

[original post:]

didnt wanna start up another thread on k tolerance so ill post my question here:

i bought half a gram of K on saturday.
took a bump or so that night. felt most of the effects pretty good, but without the psychedelic effects.

sunday i used bout 2 points over 2-3 hours and i still didnt get the psychedelic effects. just the euphoria and general uncoordinated feeling.

monday took a lil bump, nothing.

tuesday i snorted a whole point and felt nothing at all!

could that be cos i was using ketamine for the last 4 days? does tolerance go up that fast? or maybe i just eyeballed the dose wrong or the K was shitty?

im thinkin ill wait a week and then try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ketamine is....A-mazing. Favorite recreational drug of all time. I use it everyday, when I have it:p No k-hole for me. I like the buzzed feeling off 20-30mg. Makes me feel good an peppy :)

Go to your local vet and ask them for some :) ^^^^^

Has anyone ever taken an oral dose? I did once (about 200mg and I'm a 120lb/female). I liked it but it wasn't as intense as a nasal dose, that may come in handy if I'm not trying to get too wacked out.

drumnbass420 said:
Has anyone ever taken an oral dose? I did once (about 200mg and I'm a 120lb/female). I liked it but it wasn't as intense as a nasal dose, that may come in handy if I'm not trying to get too wacked out.

Yup, I had 500mg on an empty tummy and felt zero :( added a few 100mg lines insuflated :D Oral IME is a complete waste YMMV

MrMoss said:
Yup, I had 500mg on an empty tummy and felt zero :( added a few 100mg lines insuflated :D Oral IME is a complete waste YMMV

For real? I know I felt it (and I'm a k-tard) but it wasn't as intense, which was good since I was at a club and needed to be social.%)

^I wouldn't say it's a complete waste, but taking ketamine orally is probably the least effective route. I read somewhere the dose needed is something like 5X the insufflated dose

I would be fearful of holing and then throwing up from so much K in your tummy. Better have a sitter so you do not die by asphyxiating on vomit.

One weird aspect of Ketamine is that it does not work well rectally. It works, but seems much weaker than nasal.

I'd love to IM but for some reason I STILL cannot get over my fear of IMing, haha.

Last time I took this divine compound, I took about 250mg nasally spread over 15 mins. My consciousness separated into at least 3 different ones (I'm pretty sure there were more, but my poor memory simply cannot handle the overload) and all these consciousnesses looked at events of my life and interpreted them from their own unique points of view...

Not the most intense trip, but a good example of Ketamine's almost paranormal powers.

I always found oral far better than any other route of admin. For a start it lasts 2-3 times as long and there's no annoying drip. And it lets you get far deeper into K-space than the quick flash of nasal.

You do need a bigger dose tho.

I imagine injected K would be the biggest arsequake tho.

iv herd you cant reach a true hole by snorting k? any truth? also im kinda curious as to what a true hole is like?. im not positive iv been there, very close but im not sure.

Railed about 50mg yesterday followed by another 200mg over about 8 hours. Unfortunately, none of the redosing had any similarities to the more profound effects of the initial dose, mostly it just made me feel pretty floored and stupid. Not that it was terrible profound, but there was some time dilation, and some amusing thoughts, and a little self-reflection. Okay to head on up, I think I'm gonna aim around 100mg next time. Visuals were mostly non-existant, aside from a sort of 'drunk vision' like I'd get on DXM or ethanol. No hangover to speak of.

It is very difficult for me to fully hole as I do from IM ketamine by snorting it. A 100-125 mg dose of IM ketamine will immobilize me and send me out of my body. However, on a 100-150 mg dose of intranasal ketamine, I will be halfway in the hole, and I will still be able to walk around. I have tried doing larger doses, up to 250 mg, spread out over 1-2 hours, because I don't think more than 100 mg can be absorbed through my nasal membranes at once, but that didn't work either. It's really irritating to be almost there, but not quite able to reach the point I desire. Does anybody have tips on dosing that could help me with this issue?

Fellow mods, if you feel this question could be better answered in its own thread, please split this post off.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I could probably prep the stuff I have for IM (I've got a lot of syringes), but I'd worry about bacteriostasis. No idea where to get vials of the stuff around here. Yet.

nuke said:
Railed about 50mg yesterday followed by another 200mg over about 8 hours.
These are all sub-entheogenic doses, my friend :). I follow a similar regimen if I wanted a day-long intoxication while still being functional.

If you IM, I suggest going for 80 - 100mg at once and see where that take you. If you can only snort, then my suggestion is what I jokingly call "jacob's ladder" =D... I take 200mg-ish, split them into several (6 or 7) lines, and snort one after the other over the course of 15mins (and never longer than 15mins, otherwise you start losing some of your original dose), untill you reach a threshold when you can no longer feel your body/can hardly think (it generally feels uncomfortable), you snort one last line, and launch yourself into K-land :)

At lest, that worked for me. YMMV.

5-HT2, I know what you mean, and I suggest you give "jacob's ladder" a try ;). I suggest no less than 200mg. The reasoning behind that is that the spaced dosing allows for more drug to be absorbed and less to drip, while not being long enough for the initial dose to be metabolized. I find 15mins to be the maximum, although 10mins are preferable.

Of course, there is always an option of IVing, but that is not recommended if others work...

I have no problem with IMing and can procure syringes and micron filters, but I'm hesitant to do this because the ketamine currently available to me might have MSM in it, and MSM will pass through a micron filter. I have no idea whether MSM is toxic or irritating, but I will look into it.

^ Haha, that never happened to me yet, but there were similar, albeit more pleasant experiences :)

You may be surprised if I tell you that I've never IMed anything. Besides the sure-fire IV, the above method has allowed me to access things that defy linguistic expression.

And always remember... the more you look for a "k-hole", the more you miss it!

Are there any tips for less irritation when insufflating? My god, my nose is in the worst condition after a little bit of K (well, not a little). Then again, at one point in my life I had a deviated septum and polyps with 90 and 70% blockage, right, left nostril respectively. So I'm kind of new to snorting, I guess.

But it inflames my sinuses and then the whole time my nose feels clogged and like I'm sick, is there anything I can do to help prevent this? Would maybe the standard dose of any OTC nasal decongestant be ok?

I'm going to try out IM sometime soon, so then it wont matter I guess. But in the mean time, jesus. That alone (well, and a bunch of other reasons), the sinus infection feeling while it's in there, is enough to keep me from EVER becoming addicted to the stuff. I couldn't deal with that all the time. I spent the first 18 years of my life not being able to breath out of my nose, no way I'm giving that up now. That and I would never want to do K that much, but I had to make my point, right? ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, even after having my deviated septum and all that fixed, I'm unable to snort successfully out of my right nostril, I can breath out of it okay (not as good as the left), but snorting isn't an option. Just seems to get stuck. So I have to use my left nostril, and nothing but that.

Like me then, you'll probably find IM use is actually much preferable to snorting. Just make sure that you follow good aseptic practice; things like micron filters etc are a must if you want to safely use IM administration (sealed, sterile glass vials to store sterile ketamine soln. in are also a must in my book)