PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Combo Thread] Mescaline & MDMA

pill_head_raver

Bluelighter
Back to main mescaline thread

[original post:]

Having had some really positive experiences with the San Pedro Cactus, does anyone think that combining MDMA with the Cactus would prove to be a possible danger??? Some reports that I have read, say that some alkaloids in the cactus act as mild MAO inhibitors, possibly making known inactive compounds, active.

The main reason for this thread is that one would want to avoid possible complications (ie. Seretonin Syndrome) with any sort of combination.

I have read many reports of people that have combined Syrian Rue with San Pedro without any problems. (of course one would not want to mix Syrian Rue with MDMA - that would be asking for trouble) I have read 2 reports of low'ish (50mg) doses of MDMA being taken with San Pedro, but nothing else.

What are your thoughts???

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest experience I have to this is mixing san pedro with cocaine. While it was a pretty mild experience overall, it had a terrible come down. I don't know if this was an maoi interaction or just combining to many stimulants. My suggestion is that if you are already having good experiences with the san pedro, don't mess with it. I wouldn't try adding syrian rue to it either, messing with maoi's can get you in hot water in a hurry. Thats my two cents...

I don't know if it's dangerous to mix san pedro and mdma, but if it is, you always have good options like mixing with with acid or mushrooms

I've taken MDMA with S.P. twice. Both times I thought it was pretty much a waist of MDMA once the Pedro got going. The first time I took a pill with mostly K and a fair dose of MDMA along with the S.P. The pill wore off then the Pedro kicked in.

The second time I took the Pedro when I was coming down off of a strong roll. I might have been the fact that I was coming down, but for the amount of tea I drank, I though the effects were greatly diminished. Killed the E hangover though. From my experience, although I've never taken a pill as the Pedro was really kicking in (When it would probably be best to take it). It would just be a waist of MDMA. The body buzz might be better, but it would seem that if you took a high enough dose of S.P. that would just overpower the MDMA. Low does of the two might be cool, but why bother with the MDMA high and comedown when your still feeling the Perdo? Peace, Spinal

^^^
I would have guessed something like that as well.

IMO San Pedro is one of the cleanest, most insightful, and most euphoric highs there is. I have the feeling that MDMA would dirty this up. San Pedro is probably the most deliberate psychedelic I've tried, in the sense that you can really feel that you're under the guidance and direction of something spiritual. I think MDMA could detract from this.

I think MDMA is best mixed with other "shallow" drugs. (I know not everyone will agree that MDMA is shallow... but in comparison to mescaline it most certainly is).

Although I admit I have never experienced mescaline in any form, I would imagine that this would be a good combination based on my experiences from 2-CT-2 and MDMA, and other's 2-CB and MDMA, if dosed in that manner. (MDMA first, then the other phenethylamine - probably 2 hours apart due to the speed of onset difference).

I also imagine that MDMA could help to potentiate the mescaline experience to overcome its high cost (to allow more people to try the mescaline), and overcome its side effects. For example 200mg Mescaline, 50mg MDMA?

I do think this is an interesting topic, and would love to hear more about this, should I ever get the chance to try myself.

If your interested in that combination why not take mda? I think it is a waste of a sp trip to take mdma. What i love about sp is that it has the empathy without the fake feeling mdma has. So if you have a psychedelic that is empathetic by itself why add more empathy. Would it not make more sense to add mdma empathy to a psychedelic that lacks that component?

Thanks for all of your input on this, I really appreciate it. In aknowledging all of this new info, I'm gonna just stick with each drug by itself and not fuck with possible detrimental interactions.

Thanx.

Given the stimulant effects of both drugs, and the fact that both drugs can be somewhat of a load on the liver, I'm not so sure that taking MDMA with mescaline is at all a good idea. As a sidenote, combinations of MDMA and various 2C- compounds do not appear to be a good idea. People use the fact that two of the three 2C-T-7 deaths involved insufflation of relatively large amounts to (correctly) advise people to exercise caution in using 2C compounds intranasally in high doses. On the other side of the coin, though, two of the three deaths also involved MDMA, and one involved 2C-T-7 and MDMA orally. Given the wide range of reported adverse effects for these compounds, including 2C-B, I would really exercise caution in combining them with MDMA.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

Mixing Mescaline wit Ecstasy.

Has anyone ever taken Ecstasy with Mescaline. I'm very interested in trying this but I haven't been able to find any Mescaline. I'd like to hear any interesting stories or experience's.%)

I'm just going to guess that there's going to be a big hooplah of people telling you not to do this, but it's just a feeling i got, and thought i'd warn you, i could be wrong though. I apologize for my posts lately like this one, that are pretty much unnecessary, but i can't sleep.

^^^

Well, I'll be one of them. To me, this would be a waste of a very spiritual Mescaline trip. However, there are some that may really gain something from this, so I cannot speak for everyone. I am not against MDMA. I just don't find it something that I can gain much from. I am already a very open, honest person, and I have a strong natural connection to my emotions. I do not need to be "pushed" in that direction.

Hahaha, projectile vomiting?
I would have thought it would be alright as long as you aren't eating a whole load of cactus.

I did it many times with no ill effects - first small to medium dose mescaline, like 150-200 mg, then, 2 hours later, half to one E pill.
It was always stimulating and trippy. Dancing on either is fun, but together they are a really good combination. At higher doses of mescaline it probably could become too introspective to really enjoy dancing or being out anymore. It can get intense at times.

Im acually very interested in dosing somesan pedro and then dropping half a pill or so...

seemsthat the positive moood pushes from both would be very enjoyable...

Piper, out of curiocity why do you think the e would take the spirituality out of a nice trip?

The Indians I did mescaline with stressed how mescaline is a drug that should be taken on it's own. I still wanna combine these two drugs however.

This is one flip (loveflip) I'm quite interested in. If one somehow came across some Mescaline sulphate would it be possible to plug possibly to avoid the nausea?

or you could do some cocktail of anti-nausea stuff (ginger, speariment (sp?) )

So i was thinking of trying the LoveFlip(mescaline and MDMA) at my favorite band in a few weeks. They are playing 3 nights and the first two i am going to get high on STS9, but i wanna do something fun the last night. Does anyone have any dose reccomendations on how much of each and when to take them? Or does anyone have anything they would like to say about this combonation?

i am taking them in the form of san pedro and molly by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really- sounds interesting- but I'm changing the title slightly...