Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Nitrous Oxide

Icculus

Bluelighter

[original post:]

so at times on my lsd voyages, i like to hit up some nitrous to put a different perspective on things. usually 2 - 3 cartridges per balloon, sometimes 4, and it really goes in an interesting direction. i'm sure many of you have experienced this..

i'm curious if any of you experience a similar trip when you do this, as mine are all very similar - i don't want to say uniform, because they build on each other - but they all have a very common theme.

My internal monologue goes into a continous self-finishing sentence (thats the best way i can describe it) and everytime, a crazy coincidence happens associated with me tripping out. sometimes its lyrics on a song i'm listening to finishing a sentence in my head, sometimes its seeing my "friend" walk into the room as i realize in my head that i'm at the next level then he runs at me and jumps on the couch and actually its my dog and i completely hallucinated the person. it usually has the vibe of reaching the next level, then realizing it and coming back to reality safely, which produces a rebirth experience and a quick new appreciation for existence.

Do any of you have a similar semi-uniformity/continuity in your NO2+LSD experiences? I'm curious to know, as i find it quite odd. It's impossibly hard to explain these trips in words, but maybe you know what i'm talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nitrous + acid= very good. Love blue lips :)

im not sure whether im talking about the same thing as you, but the first time i had nitrous(it was with MDMA no acid) the news was on TV and as soon as the nitrous took effect the last half of the last sentence the woman said on the news started playing over and over, its went something like "..... ..... american skincare.... .... american skincare" the ...... being words i cant remember, but i think i have an unusual sensitivity to nitrous. Another time i did it with my man, and i could see mathematical sums in my head, it went something like...The first weekend we met+The second weekend we met=The moment we were in. It was unusual, but cool. Now i just get the same buzz with the same visuals unless im on something else.

The yawns from LSD + nitrous are really scary what it can do to your facial muscles... I don't know how safe it is to do nitrous over and over on LSD. Especially if you are inhaling straight from the cream dispenser, because I often forget I am holding in a full bulb already and screw in another one and go to inhale it, when I find out I am about to burst my lungs because I haven't exhaled the last one yet!

the_ketaman said:
im not sure whether im talking about the same thing as you, but the first time i had nitrous(it was with MDMA no acid) the news was on TV and as soon as the nitrous took effect the last half of the last sentence the woman said on the news started playing over and over, its went something like "..... ..... american skincare.... .... american skincare" the ...... being words i cant remember, but i think i have an unusual sensitivity to nitrous. Another time i did it with my man, and i could see mathematical sums in my head, it went something like...The first weekend we met+The second weekend we met=The moment we were in. It was unusual, but cool. Now i just get the same buzz with the same visuals unless im on something else.
that sounds like it man. a sentence that repeats over and over, finishing itself and adding more each time. nearly every time, its like a big coincidental sentence. weird shit

yeah I get something very similar.

Also, does anyone else start to get a very strong feeling of Deja-vu after a while if you get into the nitrous and have one after the other?

Its what I call being caught in a loop.

Often each hit I have will produce the same argument in my head and it will loop itself and so repeats over and over.

Icculus said:
It's impossibly hard to explain these trips in words, but maybe you know what i'm talking about.

You put very well into words what my experiences are like. And then there are the sounds...

OMG,.. I get the same thing.. like someone said.. "I know Ive only been a while.. but I know ive took .. bla bla.."
And yeah I think my friends there..
like once we all took nitrous in the same room.. and I turned my back to everyone.. and I heared music.. when there wasnt any on.. "probs the sound of everyones ballons repeating" anyway I thought my friend became a superstar.. and I didnt know what the hell I was anymore.. and I turned around and saw everyone taking nitrous and scream " OMG ITS THE NITROUS"

Nitrous and LSD produces some very fucked up stuff for me. Extremely real, complete removal from reality is what happens if I do too much. I get various stuff but they generally stem from my personal paranoias and become almost cartoon representations. Others are cool things like me producing force-fields that I watch people in the club bounce off. Hurricanes start and surround me, blowing people around. Kaleidoscope type effects are quite common too.
My favourites are the time looping stuff but they're tricky to get right. It's absolutely amazing watching somebody dancing and twirling and they just become like a spinning top.

My favourite combination so far apart from MDMA and LSD.

edit: just remembered, I have some chargers waiting for me at the post office and might just have some leftover acid from NYE.

nitrous only really works for me when on lsd or a comprable psychedelic. like you however, i find it very difficult to put the experience in words, but it's like i don't even realize i'm gone until i come back and then there's all these warbly sounds on the stereo (mouse on mars=highly recommended) and weirdo loop thoughts and such and just wow and stuff and then Wtf?...hmmph..and...whoa!...and...ok then...and...and....and then i do it all over again to try to figure out what the fuck just happened! ;)

One of the strangest nitrous induced events actually occured just a couple of weeks ago. I was on a combination of MDMA and 2c-b, and was inhaling nitrous. Everytime I did the nitrous, the entire world would slow down, except for one object of sensory input. For example, a couple of friends would be talking while I was inhaling the balloon, then all of a sudden their voice would become distorted and slow down, as with any other sounds, feelings, and my vision, but the music that was playing would be loud and clear and move at a normal speed. It was really intense, and I have no plausible explaination for how that happened.

LSD+nitrous has produced some of my most significant trips.

Nitrous on LSD always fucks up the audio somehow. I can't really describe it beyond that, but if there was music playing, it sounds "different" for the next minute or so.

After that I usually wind up falling back and just laughing or feeling giddy for a couple minutes.

I have never done nitrous while on LSD, but I have found it to be extremely rewarding and powerful while on other psychedelics.

The most intense experience I've had on nitrous was coming up on 4mg of DOC, and doing a lot of doubles. Eventually I did 4 of them, probably didn't finish all of it. We were in the car on the interstate, listening to the flaming lips. Anyway, I black out I guess, and all I know for awhile is this sound, echoing all distorted and shit. Then eventually I begin to see this purple blur, a few of them criss-crossing back and forth, eventually becoming one large picture. Basically me looking out the window seeing shit fly by at 70mph.

Needless to say it was pretty intense waking up, not knowing exactly what had happened.

One of these days I want to buy a bunch of the boxes online, just to have on stash so when I do want them I don't need to go to a headshop and pay an outrageous price. Plus, if I were to take them somewhere, maybe where people would be rolling, I'm sure I could make a killing selling boxes, lol. I've seen people pay upwards of 2-3 bucks for a single cartridge. But that's pretty rediculous

Byrnn Grass said:
One of the strangest nitrous induced events actually occured just a couple of weeks ago. I was on a combination of MDMA and 2c-b, and was inhaling nitrous. Everytime I did the nitrous, the entire world would slow down, except for one object of sensory input. For example, a couple of friends would be talking while I was inhaling the balloon, then all of a sudden their voice would become distorted and slow down, as with any other sounds, feelings, and my vision, but the music that was playing would be loud and clear and move at a normal speed. It was really intense, and I have no plausible explaination for how that happened.

Because whatever you focus on is the data from the real world, where-as everytihng you're not currently focusing on, but is happening around you, becomes altered and more detailed by your subconscious guessing.

Splatt said:
Because whatever you focus on is the data from the real world, where-as everytihng you're not currently focusing on, but is happening around you, becomes altered and more detailed by your subconscious guessing.

Actually sometimes I would end up focusing on the distorted noise coming from one place and ignoring the noise that was clear. It wasn't simply what I was focusing on that was clear, but instead any random sound that came out clear, while the others were distorted.

My most profound effect from nitrous came when I was on 25mg of 2C-I. I remember just "letting go" and releasing my hands, and then I was waving my arms in the air but when I managed to look at them they were crossed in my lap but I still had the physical sensations of waving them around. The overall sensation, that lasted about 5 minutes, was just a release of all the tension and pressure in my body... for those 5 minutes, I was completely free.

I usually get the loops described earlier if I take no2 with psychedelics and even sometimes MDMA (psychedelics I'vet tried it with are LSD, DOC, 2C-E, 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-AMT, Mushrooms...I puked from the mushroom nitrous hit, and LSA)...I'm not sure what gave me the such profound effect as this from the 2C-I, but I damn well appreciated it. My visuals were also taken to a whole new level...I was completely blinded with geometric patterning for an entire hour. By blinded I mean I could not see anything but the patterns...it was intense, but comfortable.