• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] Potentiation by Citrus Juice

Are the effects of mushrooms stronger taken with lemon- or orange juice?

• Yes

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

redtailedhawk

Bluelighter
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW that seemed a bit skeptical but after reading those posts I think it is definitely worht trying. Sure you shouldnt believe everything you read, but so many people on the shroomery can testify for this method. Its worth a try, if anything it will just be the same no less, but I really think this method will be worthy of trying.

Citric acid helps extract the psilocin so it cuts down on digestive time. It could actually bring the peak around faster. I don't understand how the dose curve works: it could be a more intense trip, but I do not know. My speculation is that it cuts down on the come-up time and increases the peak slightly. Higher levels in the body at the same time seems like it should do that. Peace.

Fascinating! I'm gonna try this with 4-HO-MIPT!

crOOk

Why would it be any different with lemon juice than with orange juice? It isn't!

If you want to up the intensity of your trip, take an maoi. It's just as legal and much more effective than placebo ;)

@futura
Wtf man, how do you know it's a placebo?! Have you tried it? There's an almost 20 page long thread at the shroomery... And just about everyone claims it works...

crOOk

Black Octagon said:
Dont' believe everything you read at the new bluelight, either...

And you believe that you can increase the strength of your regular dosage by 3 or 5 times..? Sure.

D-don't, don't believe the hype.

^I did not say that. Neither did I disagree with gloggawogga.

But imho there is at least as much bullshit posted on these forums as there is over at the shroomery's. I've also noticed a definite tendency among many bluelighters to rubbish the shroomery off the cuff, and engage very minimally with the shroomery's actual content which seems to make them snort and sneer so much.

I have no idea whether citric acid really potentiates psilocybin. I have very limited knowledge of scientific matters. And I am yet to try this combination. But I do know that you CANNOT deny the experience of others (as wisely stated over at Erowid's experience vaults. Too bad a more dismissive mentality seems to prevail over here...)

Black Octagon said:
^I did not say that. Neither did I disagree with gloggawogga.

You implied it.

I've also noticed a definite tendency among many bluelighters to rubbish the shroomery off the cuff, and engage very minimally with the shroomery's actual content which seems to make them snort and sneer so much.

Now THAT'S bullshit. People here always refer others who ask mushroom cultivation questions to the shroomery. You're either making this up or you're basing this on one or two peoples opinions, not all or many bluelighters, fucking bullshit..

But I do know that you CANNOT deny the experience of others (as wisely stated over at Erowid's experience vaults. Too bad a more dismissive mentality seems to prevail over here...)

And I'm happy about some people here actually being critic of shit which sounds like nonsense. If you believe everything you hear people tell you, well, you might get high of smoking banana peels.

You cannot deny the power of placebo either.

I can understand how lemon juice would attract the psilocybin and absorb it quicker (meaning a more intense peak, with less duration), but not anywhere near as what has been quoted.. 3-5 times. Sorry for not reading the thread asit m ay be answered there. But maybe the lemon juice is working with endogenous chemicals to convert the drug to something else. Look at all three drugs atm, psilocybin, psilocin and baeocystin...

I dont know anything about chemistry really so I only have vague ideas. Maybe somehow the lemon juice works to turn the drug(s) or some of the drug(s) into a completely different chemical. Is there any chance of 4-Phosphoryloxy-NMT turning into something active and possibly potent? Maybe psilocybin or psilocin too.. Maybe the effect has something to do with digestion, intrabody chemistry AND potentiation of the drugs.

I really don't know but find this interesting.

I really think we all ought to chill the fuck out and, as soon as possible, all try the combination for ourselves.

peace?

Pure placebo with a pinch of urban myth.

Last year they were saying orange juice brings you DOWN from a trip 8)

gloggawogga said:
Don't believe everything you read at the shroomery.

exactly. just another OMG OMG VITAMIN C MAKES U TREEEP DOOD!! myth.

theghostofbillhicks said:
I really think we all ought to chill the fuck out and, as soon as possible, all try the combination for ourselves.

peace?

I was just thinking the same thing.