• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction All veins collapsed. Shoot up PRO'S NEEDED.HELP!

Believe me I understand, I was able to get away from dope with the help of subs..but really, what other option does she have? After a while of sitting there with a needle full of tar and coagulated blood for hours searching for veins that cannot be found, maybe my advice will register with her and she will take a break?

Yeah but sadly that's what's most likely going to happen if she doesn't get help, so I would like to at least point her in the right direction, especially if she's going to be stabbing about at herself with 27g and 29g needles in the neck and stuff...

I would strongly advise 31g tips for smaller veins, and please start injecting less often! Maybe have 1 shot a day, and 2 or 3 hits of smoked BTH off of foil. That way when you do your 1 shot of the day you'll get a nice rush since you only get to do it once every 24 hours instead of once every 6 to 8 hours.

Just a thought. If you don't give your veins a break (or find new ones) no one will really be able to help you.

You make a great point. I always also could use a 30g or 31g for IM use, and anything equal to or larger than a 27g is just unnecessarily painful.

Plus if I use something larger than a 30g, some of the liquid might leak out (not a lot obviously). I had no problem IMing with a 5/16" tip either.

If you don't mind me asking, what gauges created scar tissue for you?

Yeh those are all fairly smaller then I'm used to. The biggest pin I can use is 25g which is what I always cycle with now but I had initially started with 23g. I did 23g for 2 cycles and by the end of my second cycle no matter how sharp the needle it was like poking into leather and I literally had stopped at that point.

EVEN rotating 2 body parts (I can't shoot anywhere but glutes or delts) they both got so much scar tissue the pain was unbearable, almost like I was stabbing myself with a knife everytime I had to shoot.

On my 3rd cycle I started using 25g and for some reason, even if shoot the same muscle over and over no scar tissue ever develops. But 23g will ALWAYS cause scar tissue. Its very weird because I thought any guage could technically cause it, but apparently certain guages are trauma for peoples skin while others aren't.

It took me 2 cycles to learn too which was very frustrating, even posting on a very popular steroid forum people weren't keen to the idea of guages causing scar tissue, they always focused on frequency and splitting injections. But now no matter where I shoot, or how many times, I just don't get scar tissue with the 25g. Very weird because I know some guys who have shot 18g before (psycho if you ask me - 18g is like a friggn paperclip) and never had issues with scar tissue, so it is def relative to the person imo.

I am very curious though, in terms of a "vein collapsing" what the hell is actually going on there?

Will a vein actually withdraw away from the skin just because you stick a needle in it? Or does the vein shrink and get smaller like some kind of response to the needle?

I heard the term years ago about veins collapsing and have always been curious why the veins do it. My viens are always sticking out no matter what, even when I'm lying in bed lol.

I am very curious though, in terms of a "vein collapsing" what the hell is actually going on there?

Will a vein actually withdraw away from the skin just because you stick a needle in it? Or does the vein shrink and get smaller like some kind of response to the needle?

I heard the term years ago about veins collapsing and have always been curious why the veins do it. My viens are always sticking out no matter what, even when I'm lying in bed lol.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=440892

There is a diagram and explainations of veins collapsing in the thread link above. It is the injection complication thread. There is a more current injection ccomplication thread, but the one i linked here has the info you are looking for.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=440892

There is a diagram and explainations of veins collapsing in the thread link above. It is the injection complication thread. There is a more current injection ccomplication thread, but the one i linked here has the info you are looking for.

HAHA! Oh my GOD.

Not only did IV injecting scare me before going through that thread, but I am sure now I will NEVER EVER attempt an IV injection in my life. IM sure, no way in hell IV some of that stuff is insane.
When are shooting muscle you have A LOT of room for error. I can't even get over how the user knows when to stop pushing the needle in? This is crazy you just eyeball this stuff? I'd be putting the pin through 3 veins with one shot, still having the needle sticking out the other side of the last vein not even being able to shoot.

That is one of the scariest threads I've ever seen in my life. If I ever collapsed a vein I might kill myself from the sheer paranoia. I thought veins were like life or death (you do something wrong you die) but you guys seem to have balls the size of king kong. G/luck is all I can say. I know for a fact now I will not be IVn anytime soon, will stick to my cycles that was scary enough doing an IM shot the first time.. gzz..

I have a similar situation to the OP and there is not much hope for one in this predicament. You can search around for deep veins, which has worked for me at times, but once mine started disappearing, all the rest followed suit rather quickly. I even quit injecting for about 18-months with hopes of either abstaining permanently or at least recovering some veins, but alas, they still have not returned to the surface. At this point, I can still see some small ones in hands and wrists, but as CH said, unless you use a rather small guage syringe, those are quite difficult to register.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors, but in my opinion your only option now is to try to find deeper ones, and that is bothersome, because it takes time and one can waste a lot of syringes/compounds in the process. Maybe practice in some places with water until you find another good location. Stay clean and safe... ^^

That is one of the scariest threads I've ever seen in my life. If I ever collapsed a vein I might kill myself from the sheer paranoia. I thought veins were like life or death (you do something wrong you die) but you guys seem to have balls the size of king kong. G/luck is all I can say. I know for a fact now I will not be IVn anytime soon, will stick to my cycles that was scary enough doing an IM shot the first time.. gzz..

LOL, nah dude. If you collapse all your veins from IVing, new, smaller ones will spurt out from beneath.

If veins were life and death, a lot more people would be straight up dead.

OP should visit a Needle Exchange, perhaps.. There is one I know of - the only one I know of - that houses a nursing staff, who upon request, will SHOW YOU where/how to hit your veins. They are professionals, and you can trust them. You've been shooting Black Tar, so that automatically predisposes one to venal damage.

I've noticed that there are 2 different kinds of IVers in the world of BTH:

1 - People with large, hardy veins (usually 25 or younger) that, for whatever reason, never seem to "lose" their veins - even with terrible technique, and excessive shooting. Perhaps their bodies lack an inflammation/something response to the acidity in BTH, thereby allowing their veins to remain large and at the surface. THe response itself is what causes the disappearance of said veins.

2 - People with once large, hardy veins which seem to react violently fearful to any future additions of such an acidic substance. Coupled with bad technique, these people would be lucky to ever see the same vein again - unless they made sure to leave it alone for a long, long time.

Captain Heroin still has all his veins because of good technique, exercise, and the very simple fact that he was shooting a liquid that had the pH of fucking WATER (more or less). IF all of us Left Coast people - stuck with BTH - had been shooting such a mild liquid all this time, then we would definitely still have our veins as well.

I assume you're number 2, OP. And also, I'm sure you get frustrated with being unable to hit any vein, that you start going down the line, trying every single vein you ever had, hoping something will hit. Just by doing that, you are further damaging the veins that are recovering, abeit slowly. I made the very same mistake years ago, and now I make sure I never use the same one more than 2 times per week. This has resulted in the sudden reappearance of veins I'd forgotten about, which came to my aid, most delightfully.

STOP IVing for now - try smoking. TRY SMOKING. Don't sit there and say it's not the same, or that it won't do anything... IF you were to TRY it, you'd see that even though it takes more to get the same buzz, you'll get used to it - and you'll thank yourself months later, when your veins are starting to pop out again. I personally hate smoking it, even though I started out that way - but if my veins were to disappear completely, I'd make that choice. I'd get used to it again, and stretch it out til I was used to it. By then, I'm sure I'd be seeing all kinds of nice, hit-able veins resurfacing.

Good luck, and seriously try hitting up a needle exchange! They are very helpful, I've heard.

OP should visit a Needle Exchange, perhaps..
That's part of the problem. They do visit an exchange. My exchange (and probably a fair amount of them country wide) only have 29g, or bigger, as their smallest gauge. Only twice did my exchange carry 31g needles, and only once did they have 500+ of them.

I've noticed that there are 2 different kinds of IVers in the world of BTH:

1 - People with large, hardy veins (usually 25 or younger) that, for whatever reason, never seem to "lose" their veins - even with terrible technique, and excessive shooting. Perhaps their bodies lack an inflammation/something response to the acidity in BTH, thereby allowing their veins to remain large and at the surface. THe response itself is what causes the disappearance of said veins.

2 - People with once large, hardy veins which seem to react violently fearful to any future additions of such an acidic substance. Coupled with bad technique, these people would be lucky to ever see the same vein again - unless they made sure to leave it alone for a long, long time.

Captain Heroin still has all his veins because of good technique, exercise, and the very simple fact that he was shooting a liquid that had the pH of fucking WATER (more or less). IF all of us Left Coast people - stuck with BTH - had been shooting such a mild liquid all this time, then we would definitely still have our veins as well.
hehehe yup! That's about right. I have excellent technique so I never poke through both sides of the vein (poking through both sides of the vein can encourage thrombosis, and increases inflammation), and I exercise nearly daily now. Upper body muscular exercises are ideal for helping your veins out.

I also naturally have a lot of large veins, I've seen people with smaller veins in their arms than I have in my hands. I can follow at least two veins on both arms from elbow to wrist with no problem.

I have had some slightly acidic solution for injection, sometimes it burned, other times it didn't. The body may over-respond to an introduction of a slightly acidic liquid to the blood supply, since it doesn't expect you to be IVing. The body is more accurate in signaling pain (and when that happens there actually is a problem VS maybe or maybe not) for the skin, and the other external surfaces of the body.

I made the very same mistake years ago, and now I make sure I never use the same one more than 2 times per week. This has resulted in the sudden reappearance of veins I'd forgotten about, which came to my aid, most delightfully.
That's a really positive story! I'm glad your veins are back!

STOP IVing for now - try smoking. TRY SMOKING. Don't sit there and say it's not the same, or that it won't do anything... IF you were to TRY it, you'd see that even though it takes more to get the same buzz, you'll get used to it - and you'll thank yourself months later, when your veins are starting to pop out again. I personally hate smoking it, even though I started out that way - but if my veins were to disappear completely, I'd make that choice. I'd get used to it again, and stretch it out til I was used to it. By then, I'm sure I'd be seeing all kinds of nice, hit-able veins resurfacing.

Good luck, and seriously try hitting up a needle exchange! They are very helpful, I've heard.
Good advice. You can also water-line BTH (what I would do, I'm not a fan of smoked heroin) if you prefer a longer duration (like me).

Rotating cites is essential. If you're going to use the same vein, at least move up on it (closer towards the heart) so as to let previous sites heal.

Hey everyone. Most of my veins are collapsed but I still have some that I can't/haven't been able to hit which is why I asked for help.
a) I've never used my femoral vein and I heard it's a good one, but that you have to go in blind cos you can't see it and it's right on top of the femoral artery which is dangerous. Does anyone here have any experience in this?
2) I will try the 30 g needles but my local needle exchange only carries 1/3 cc 30 g needles! What the hell am I gonna dissolve in that little amount of water, esp. black tar!
3) It looks like I have some very very tiny veins in my fingers and palms and one going down my wrist near the artery down the inside of my arm but I can never hit it with a 29g. I will try to find an exchange that has the 30g 1 cc but I've never seen em here in L.A. 4
4) I tried doing some push ups and applying warm compresses. It didn't do much seeing as how I can barely do more than 10 push ups. Yeah I guess I'm a sissy girl. Boo. I tried.
5) I will also try to go to the doctors at the exchange see what they have to show me about hitting certain sites. That was the best advice so far! Anyone here have experiences with butterfly needles? I heard those can be helpful on the leg veins
6) To those who muscle, and have ever attempted this with black tar, did you get bad abscesses from the impurities? The needle exchange says a 26g needle is best for IM use and that you may even feel a small rush when using the proper gauge needle. I may try this as a last resort
7)To the person who suggested breaking off the tip and shooting it up my ass, can you do that once blood as entered the needle and mixed with the dope? I've always felt like that would be bad and might cause an infection or something. Is that possible? Or let's say I just decide to shoot the dissolved dope up my ass, period. That's it? Just cook up the dope like normal, suck it up, break off the tip, and squirt away? How close is the rush to IVing?
8)I have what looks like TONS of veins in my thighs. BUT THEY NEVER HIT. and it's not cos they're collapsed I've never used them. I can see them perfectly but I can never ever hit them-it's a mystery to me and everyone who's tried it on my thighs. What's up with that? Any tips on hitting thigh veins?

Oh and if anyone cares...got someone to hit a vein on the back of my knee! It lasted a good 2 uses. Now he found one on the back of my calf he's been hitting (twice) and so far, so good. Thank you all for your help and input.

I agree with all the listen to your body and quit posts. But then again I don't practice what I preach. There are body building steroids out there witch actually improve your vascularity. Thats one reason you see those garden hose size veins on body builders. Also exercise should help pump them veins back up.
I don't think you want to start doing another drug (witch also enlarges the heart) Just so you can get high tho.

ive got a little scar tissue on one of my crooks for using it too often and i use 29g needles. close enough to 30's which i have a couple of but i prefer the 29's because i cant seem to register with the 30's.. weird.

i have the exact same problems sometimes. piercing through the scar tissue and areas where your skin is a little tougher will block the tip and not allow me to register. i know i'm in the vein though so most the time i don't bother to register, though i don't recommend not registering as it's a sure fire way to land yourself a nice big missed shot.

i found it especially hard following the bicep vein toward my shoulder, it just would never register with 31g needles. i have no troubles with a 27g.

try rotating sites more often so you're not left with scar tissue buildup and a hardened skin surface.

LOL, nah dude. If you collapse all your veins from IVing, new, smaller ones will spurt out from beneath.

Well, they don't "spurt out" necessarily. The blood flow is blocked through the primary vessel when it collapses so the blood flow is then chanelled through already existing smaller veins instead. It's not like you're growing "new" veins.

i have the exact same problems sometimes. piercing through the scar tissue and areas where your skin is a little tougher will block the tip and not allow me to register. i know i'm in the vein though so most the time i don't bother to register, though i don't recommend not registering as it's a sure fire way to land yourself a nice big missed shot.

i found it especially hard following the bicep vein toward my shoulder, it just would never register with 31g needles. i have no troubles with a 27g.

try rotating sites more often so you're not left with scar tissue buildup and a hardened skin surface.

yeah i just found out it's hard to register through scar tissue.. i had switched to my other arm for about a week and a half to let the scar tissue heal as much as it could and it looked a lot better than it first did, so i went to register and nope got nothin so i moved up on the vein (a little above the scar) and i registered perfectly.. so i guess i can't use my scarred spot yet.. it was my favorite spot too (hence why i over used it lol). oh well i've got plenty of veins left... for now.

Actually, a recent Australian documentary (found on BL) culminated in the subject's death aided by his collapsed veins.

Plugging is a viable ROA to use. Exercise will help make the veins more pronounced.

a) I've never used my femoral vein and I heard it's a good one, but that you have to go in blind cos you can't see it and it's right on top of the femoral artery which is dangerous. Does anyone here have any experience in this?
Sorry, no femoral vein experience here. I've never had to use my legs for hitting.

2) I will try the 30 g needles but my local needle exchange only carries 1/3 cc 30 g needles! What the hell am I gonna dissolve in that little amount of water, esp. black tar!
Take a break so you can get your tolerance down. I was able to dissolve a fat shot into 30 units with heroin hcl, but with tar if you need "more water" to dissolve it, then just get your tolerance down.

Honestly if the smallest gauge your exchange carries is a 30 gauge, start buying your own 31g needles. You can buy 1cc 31g 5/16" (or 1/2" if you need it) online at many websites. That way you have the right volume and the perfect gauge to hit those smaller veins.

3) It looks like I have some very very tiny veins in my fingers and palms and one going down my wrist near the artery down the inside of my arm but I can never hit it with a 29g. I will try to find an exchange that has the 30g 1 cc but I've never seen em here in L.A.
Then start buying your own 31g needle tips. It saddens me to hear that an exchange doesn't carry 31g needle tips. California has lots of exchanges though. Even if you have to drive out of your way for them, it is worth it if you can exchange several hundred or more at a time. I used to drive and commute up to 3 hours one way to my old exchange.

4) I tried doing some push ups and applying warm compresses. It didn't do much seeing as how I can barely do more than 10 push ups. Yeah I guess I'm a sissy girl. Boo. I tried.
Push ups aren't the only thing you can do. I know you can do some jumping jacks. This will help your blood circulate. Especially when you first wake up. If you've been active (like walking around, getting the blood moving) then I think you are good.

Did the "warm compresses" not help the veins protrude at all? Then I would move onto curling a 5 or 10 lb weight (I am assuming as a female you aren't using 25 or 50 lb weights for curling ;)), as often and frequent as needed. It'll help the most in protruding ones veins IMO. My veins protrude amazingly when I work out for 30 minutes.

5) I will also try to go to the doctors at the exchange see what they have to show me about hitting certain sites. That was the best advice so far! Anyone here have experiences with butterfly needles? I heard those can be helpful on the leg veins
I only use luer locks for micron filtering, and have only used insulin syringes for IV. If you talk to the doctors at the exchange (lol my exchange had no doctor!) they may be able to help you. Doctors out here are very judgemental, it's great there are open minded doctors where you are. :)

6) To those who muscle, and have ever attempted this with black tar, did you get bad abscesses from the impurities? The needle exchange says a 26g needle is best for IM use and that you may even feel a small rush when using the proper gauge needle. I may try this as a last resort
While I have only IM'd 2c-E and Ketamine, I have not had an abscess. I have read of people getting them from IVing tar though, so I would strongly recommend doing this.

I cannot believe the exchange said that you can use a needle to IM BTH. For the love of god, please do not do that. I am just very worried a complication is imminent of you go down that road. I know people who have, on BL they said they had multiple abscesses removed...I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else.

7)To the person who suggested breaking off the tip and shooting it up my ass, can you do that once blood as entered the needle and mixed with the dope? I've always felt like that would be bad and might cause an infection or something. Is that possible? Or let's say I just decide to shoot the dissolved dope up my ass, period. That's it? Just cook up the dope like normal, suck it up, break off the tip, and squirt away? How close is the rush to IVing?
I think the blood in your ass thing is OK, as you can have blood in your ass come out in the first place. That would be more safe than IVing coagulated blood by far.

I have snorted powder heroin, and the rush is wonderful, it lasts longer than IV'd, though it isn't BAM in your face for 10 seconds. It's a gradual come up but you peak for a solid 3-4 hours when snorted. I imagine plugging is at least around there, and I have heard of people getting rushes from plugging. I just can't talk about that since I have never plugged.

You can always try it once, to see what you think. Especially if you are unable to make an IV shot relatively soon and its coagulating and caught in the tip and shit.

8)I have what looks like TONS of veins in my thighs. BUT THEY NEVER HIT. and it's not cos they're collapsed I've never used them. I can see them perfectly but I can never ever hit them-it's a mystery to me and everyone who's tried it on my thighs. What's up with that? Any tips on hitting thigh veins?
No idea, I can't even SEE My thigh veins! LOL - hope you have some luck! I would buy some 31 G insulin syringes to try to hit those if I were you, that might give you the most success.

Oh and if anyone cares...got someone to hit a vein on the back of my knee! It lasted a good 2 uses. Now he found one on the back of my calf he's been hitting (twice) and so far, so good. Thank you all for your help and input.
All right! Please make sure you're applying neosporin/triple antibiotic once a day to your cites and aren't over working them so they'll last you! :)

I agree with all the listen to your body and quit posts. But then again I don't practice what I preach. There are body building steroids out there witch actually improve your vascularity. Thats one reason you see those garden hose size veins on body builders. Also exercise should help pump them veins back up.
I don't think you want to start doing another drug (witch also enlarges the heart) Just so you can get high tho.

That makes a lot of sense.

Any tips on which ones those are? LOL. That might give some people a real chance at IVing, espeically people who otherwise didn't have great veins as is.

Well, they don't "spurt out" necessarily. The blood flow is blocked through the primary vessel when it collapses so the blood flow is then chanelled through already existing smaller veins instead. It's not like you're growing "new" veins.

That is technically true. That's kind of what I was inferring but I was probably doing so poorly. Thanks for the clarification Quasi!

Actually, a recent Australian documentary (found on BL) culminated in the subject's death aided by his collapsed veins.

Plugging is a viable ROA to use. Exercise will help make the veins more pronounced.

Wow, really?

He must have collapsed some major veins, am I right?

That's kind of scary. Thanks for that fact Bob!

Hey everyone. Most of my veins are collapsed but I still have some that I can't/haven't been able to hit which is why I asked for help.

Here's a guide to femoral injecting. Download the full pdf with the pictures. Be prepared to seek urgent medical attention if something goes wrong (eg hitting the artery or developing an infection). There can be serious, life threatening complications from trying this, so don't take it lightly.

PREPARING TO INJECT

The groin is a hot and sweaty area where bacteria and fungus breed. The best way to reduce the risk of abscesses and ulcers is to inject in the most sterile conditions possible.

This means you should:

• Have everything you might need for injecting ready in a clean place where you won’t be disturbed and you can take time to do it properly.

• Before you inject into the femoral vein, be prepared for accidents. Have a clean towel, cloth, cotton or tissue paper ready in case you hit the artery and keep disinfectant and other materials to clean up blood spills nearby. You may also want to be near a phone and have the number of an ambulance, or someone who will be able to help quickly in case anything goes wrong.

• Always use new injecting equipment including needles, syringes, filters, spoons, sterile water, etc. If you can, wipe the spoon or cup you will put the solution in with an alcohol swab, and if you don’t have sterile water, use water that has been boiled for 15 minutes. It is a good idea to have spare injecting equipment in case you have trouble finding the vein. You don’t want to be poking around in your groin with a blunt needle if you can avoid it.

• You will need a long 1.5 inch needle to reach the vein. It is best to use a needle that is thicker than than the usual needles (21 or 23 gauge) and is fixed to the barrel to keep the needle from breaking off in your groin. The usual needles are 27 or 29 gauge, and are used because they do less damage to veins than thicker needles.

• Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap before injecting.

• Always wash the site where you will inject (in this case the groin area) with soap and water, and wipe with an alcohol swab before injecting.

FINDING THE FEMORAL VEIN

After washing your hands and swabbing the injection site, find the position that is most comfortable for you. Some people prefer to sit and some prefer to stand when injecting into the femoral vein.

1. Find the femoral PULSE in your right groin.

2. Gently put the middle finger of your right hand on the pulse. (if injecting into your left groin, use the left hand)

3. Let your index finger rest beside the middle finger.

4. The femoral vein should be somewhere below the index finger.

Note: If you are already injecting into the femoral veins on both legs, you may want to continue to use the veins in both legs. However, if you have only used the vein in one leg, it may be best to stay with the vein you have found rather than risk hitting the nerve or artery in the other leg when searching for the vein.

INJECTING INTO THE FEMORAL VEIN

1. Carefully insert the needle next to the index finger with the needle pointing in the direction of your heart.

2. Push the needle in straight (at about a 90 degree angle to the leg).

3. Pull back the plunger and check that the needle is in the vein. If it is in the vein the syringe will fill with dark red blood.

4. Inject the solution slowly and remove the needle gently to avoid damaging the vein.

5. Use the clean towel or tissue paper to stop the bleeding.

Press lightly on the injection site for at least a minute then check to see if the bleeding has stopped or reduced. If you are continuing to bleed heavily lie back, raise the leg and continue to press on the injection site with the clean towel, and prepare for further action in case of continuing blood loss.

6. Keep the area clean after injecting.

This information may help you inject safer if you are injecting in the femoral vein. However, there are significant risks involved with femoral injecting and we would advise you to try to use safer alternatives if you can. Always seek medical help if anything goes wrong.

Yes, that is true. If you literally "had no veins left" there would be no quitting, just death. She probably has usable veins, especially if she gets 31g needle tips.

My point is this.

If someone is like "I'm ready to quit, I hate being addicted" are you going to tell them "well you could keep using..."? I don't think so.

The OP clearly wants to continue using, not quit. Just as much as you wouldn't encourage someone to use again if they want to quit, I wouldn't encourage someone to quit if they clearly are not ready/do not want to.

I would agree with you if Bluelight existed to give everyone what they wanted. It doesn't. Maybe this is just the difference of opinion between someone who doesn't IV and someone who does daily, but it seems like its an awful stretch of "harm reduction" to encourage people to continue to inject when they've collapsed all of their previously usable veins in a period of less than two years. Its only going to lead directly to more collapsed veins and more harm, at least that's how I see it.

Yes but its not our decision if she is going to continue to IV.

If she tells us she will continue despite what we say, it IS harm reduction to tell her how to do so with the least amount of risk . . .