• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine cough syrup vs. Hydrocodone

Vikingdon

Bluelighter
I'm an avid user of hydrocodone, usually dosing 40mg of hydrocodone to start my buzz.. I have a serious chest could and was prescribed Cheratussin AC(10mg codiene/100 mg Guaifenesin per 5ml). Now, how does dosing codeine compare to hydrcodone, would I take the same amount? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Dont do it. That shit sux. High amounts of guaifenesin make you nauseas, have hot cold flashes, and tremors. I say this with confidence because Ive done it before.

Also IMO going to codeine from hydrocodone is a step back. Takes more codeine.
For a cold and if you use it as directed its good though.

Dont do it. That shit sux. High amounts of guaifenesin make you nauseas, have hot cold flashes, and tremors. I say this with confidence because Ive done it before.

Also IMO going to codeine from hydrocodone is a step back. Takes more codeine.
For a cold and if you use it as directed its good though.
Why must you dash my hopes with truth :(

is it the little bottle? if so, drink the whole thing. you won't get sick, but it might not be enough codeine. if it isn't that standard, little bottle, i don't know.

codeine does not compare to hydro.

is it the little bottle? if so, drink the whole thing. you won't get sick, but it might not be enough codeine. if it isn't that standard, little bottle, i don't know.

codeine does not compare to hydro.

its 120ml bottle, i think if i drank the whole thing iwould get insanely sick, due to the shear DISGUSTING taste of it.

Ingredients
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp) Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg Cough suppressant. Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg Expectorant.
Heres an example of what im talking about. This is Tussin DMs ingredients. The first time i was going to robotripp i got this one, which is the wrong one. I had the WORST trip ever, after that i looked up to see what i did wrong. Low and behold i had got the one with guaifenesin in it. What a dumbass.

Anyway that was a 4oz bottle that i got sick off of. Every ROBO head knows, DONT get the one with guaifenesin in it.

its 120ml bottle, i think if i drank the whole thing iwould get insanely sick, due to the shear DISGUSTING taste of it.
yeah, that's the little one. 4 oz. you can buy those OTC in Ohio. drink it all. even that will not be close to 40mg of hydro.

i've downed those bottles in one sip before, and i did not get sick. personally I wouldn't if i had one now, because i could mix with other drugs and get high off of it more than once, but i would not take 40mg of hydro either.

or just use at as scripted for your cold.

and yeah, that shit taste vile. worse than a shot of cheap liquor.

edit: actually an online narcotic converter says that would be similar to 40mg of hydro. but in reality no amount of codeine will get you that high.

Last edited:
An entire bottle contains 240mg Codeine which is similar to what you'd need to feel anything similar to 40mg Hydrocodone. However, the effects of Codeine can't touch the effects of Hydrocodone. And by the way, 2400mg Guaifenensin isn't really a MASSIVE dose.

you dudes must have some iron stomachs. I drink alot of different shit, but G is something i will not drink in high numbers. 2400mg is on my high number list. Maybe i would go 1600mg. Idk. From that one time getting sick like that i PERSONALLY will not drink anything with G in it. Come to think of it a homegurl of mine got sick the same way awhile back. Its up to you.

Maybe the codeine will help with the stomach ache.

you dudes must have some iron stomachs. I drink alot of different shit, but G is something i will not drink in high numbers. 2400mg is on my high number list. Maybe i would go 1600mg. Idk. From that one time getting sick like that i PERSONALLY will not drink anything with G in it. Come to think of it a homegurl of mine got sick the same way awhile back. Its up to you.

Maybe the codeine will help with the stomach ache.

I was prescribed this shit that had 30mg DXM/400mg Guaifenensin which was to be taken up to 1600mg daily (4 tabs) so that can't be too high of a dose.

all i can speak from is my own experience, and i felt slight discomfort for a moment but no where close to getting sick after drinking one of those bottles. and the stomach discomfort went away quickly.

Allright, I'll clear this up, I get this stuff about 3 times a week out here, Here in NC Cheratussin AC is OTC, all u have to do is find a mom N pops pharmacy and show ID and u can purchase it, the whole bottle has about 230 mg codeine in it, and I usually take half the bottle at a time,, I've never gotten sick or any side effects from it, yes it's a lot of guaifenesen but I've NEVER gotten any side effects, and half the bottle gets me a decent buzz and if I'm in WD it'll keep me well till the next day, so it defintely IS worth it, and I have a moderate opiate tolerance, it u dont know how much to take to equal your hydro dose just google narcotic converter, and one of those will help u out,
good luck!
B

200-240mg of codeine was about equal to 25-30 mg of oxy for me, but it varies, some people can convert 20% into morphine while others can only do 5% the avg is 10% though.