• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone dosage - no tolerance

rollin_stoned

Bluelighter
i haven't done opiates in a while...well, i did 2mg's of suboxone about a week ago and felt pretty good, but could have done done another 2 mg's to get to where i wanted to be....except after a while i started nodding out, so idk maybe 2 mg's was good enough.

Anyway, so since i don't really have a tolerance how many methadone should i take, yes i used the effin search engine and couldnt find anything, i've got a few 10 mg's

I'd only take 10mg. Just to test it out. If you don't feel it at first, wait. Methadone takes a while to come on. And if you were to take more you could OD.
Just be careful.

I actually tried methadone for the first time and i did not have a tolerance. I did 10mg and it took maybe 1.5hrs to come up. 10mg was more than enogh i spent alot of the next day puking and sleeping.

^ Well, there you go then =D Maybe even just take 5mg? Crush it up and wash it down with a carbonated drink - this will speed up absorption a little bit. But still, wait if you don't feel it and feel like taking more.

^5mg is what I'd recommend, I've seen too many people that think oh 1 extra won't hurt and FF 4 hours later and they are projectile vomitting.

Definately 10mgs should help you out since you have no tolerance. I have very low tolerance to things and 10 made me feel a lot better. When I went to a clinic, they started me out at 30mgs and I was nodding in and out. So 10 should be great. Just don't get addicted, because for me, it was 10x harder to kick than oxy. It's been almost 3 weeks and I still have bad withdrawals. So PLEASE don't get hooked!!

Definately 10mgs should help you out since you have no tolerance. I have very low tolerance to things and 10 made me feel a lot better. When I went to a clinic, they started me out at 30mgs and I was nodding in and out. So 10 should be great. Just don't get addicted, because for me, it was 10x harder to kick than oxy. It's been almost 3 weeks and I still have bad withdrawals. So PLEASE don't get hooked!!

don't worry, my sister's fiance is limiting me because he doesn't want me to get hooked....but yeah, i took 1.5 of the methadone so 15 mg's and took .5 mg's of xanax earlier today and than just recently snorted 1 mg's so 1.25 mgs in total and i'm snorting another .5 mg's of xanax here in a lil bit...i've still got 1.5 methadone pills and i was wondering if it would be safe to take them....i've been nodding off a bit if i'm not doing something active but i took a couple ephedrine pills to keep me awake. (i know, probably bad idea. but hey! it's fourth of july, gotta celebrate!)

No it would not be safe to take then. You completely disregarded every bit of advice given to you in this thread. You took more than what was suggested and then but Xanax in the mix.
Don't make these threads if you're not going to actually take the advice and information away from them :|
I hope you wake up tomorrow.

dude, i feel perfectly fine...10 mg's wasn't enough for me at all, i barely felt it
as i said before, i've done 2 mg's of suboxone before and felt like i could have taken more to where i wanted to be.

Im a little confused on methadone. Ive heard mixed things on its effects. Its a synthetic opiate used for H addicts. Is the effects the same as any other opiate effect wise? lets say oxy(also a synth opie) or morphine (natural)?

It has a wicked duration, the only opioid that I can dose with one morning, then the next morning wake up and still be very high. It gives me lots of energy. The high is unique in the fact that it is a mixture of energy + nodding instead of nodding then energy.

The onset takes up to two hours, which is funny becuse I will almost have forgotten that I had dosed then -damn- I'm high.

I am 120lbs and have never taken more than 30mg, and I have a decent tolerance to pharmaceutical opiates. I usually dose around 20mg.

I almost died once mixing clonazepam + lorazepam + methadone, in my younger days. Don't do that.

i'd take 20mg man. the first time i took methadone, for fun, was in 6th grade, no tolerance, totally drug-naive, and i took like 20mg of methadone, and i was FRIED. it's like the most high i've ever been on opiates. it was freakin awesome though. i was all happy and warm and fuzzy inside, i was hugging everybody in the halls and stuff.

Rollin - there's a major difference between suboxone and methadone. If you're going to abuse methadone you should read more about it, and listen to the advice of the rest of the people here.

Suboxone has a ceiling, a very profound effect of diminishing returns. It's more difficult to overdue it with that medication. Methadone doesn't have this ceiling. It's quite unpredictable in those with no tolerance, and wildly unpredictable when mixed with benzos (doubly so with no tolerance). Just because you can take x amount of sub doesn't mean squat when you're taking methadone. You don't seem to take the dangers of it seriously, and for that I'm sad. I'm sure many of the longer-term opiate users here have known someone that's died from this combination.

Nontolerant individuals routinely OD at 40-50mg of methadone. Not just feel a little sick OD. Dead OD. Bupe doesn't seem to have this problem at any dosage. This is because it's a mixed agonist/antagonist unlike methadone. Please, take care of yourself and do your homework. And don't ask for advice only to ignore it.

What's worse, is many ODs happen on the 3rd or 4th day of dosing, because the previous doses aren't entirely, or even halfway eliminated and are building in the body.

Mystery - Mr.JackJones summed it up nicely. It is pretty similar to the drugs you named, only it lasts 4-6 (or more) times as long.

thedocta - This is a harm reduction forum. Not a "you should get fried like I did just for the lulz!" forum.

i would recomend 10mg MAX, and wait at least 2 hours then maybe redose 5 mg if you're not nodding...;

i'd take 20mg man. the first time i took methadone, for fun, was in 6th grade, no tolerance, totally drug-naive, and i took like 20mg of methadone, and i was FRIED. it's like the most high i've ever been on opiates. it was freakin awesome though. i was all happy and warm and fuzzy inside, i was hugging everybody in the halls and stuff.

so is the effects just like taking any other opiate but way longer onset and duration? or does it feel like its missing something

Yea methadone isn't a drug to play with over here in Oregon last year it had the highest OD rate HANDS DOWN. and over 3/4 of them were prescribed users..they simply go to bed and dont wake up, their breathing supresses so much the heart stops...

Everybodys first dose is different, after heroin,oxys,morph etc i ate about 60mg crushed and felt nothing..

so is the effects just like taking any other opiate but way longer onset and duration? or does it feel like its missing something

well it was my first time and i didn't have any tolerance so i was pretty high. it felt like super oxy high kind of. but i imagine that if you are in a methadone clinic then it wouldn't do much. but yeah like twisted said, methadone gets bad here in oregon. my step dad died not too long ago from the stuff. he shot up alot of it and thought he'd be okay, but he just stopped breathing. but the first time i did it, i loved the stuf.

thedocta - This is a harm reduction forum. Not a "you should get fried like I did just for the lulz!" forum.

okay. harm reduction. he should take 5mg and thats it. there's your harm reduction. have fun not feeling a thing on 5mg, rollin.

Plenty of people have died doing the Benzo + Methadone combo. Mainly Xanax and 'done. Methadone is a creepier, it'll hit you out of no where. When you take it, just forget about it cause it will come. just not in 30min. more like 2 hours maybe even more. 15mg is a strong first dose for a nontolerant user. 10mg is plenty. If you really want to redose you can do it around 3hrs after your first dose, but im not 100% sure on that it maybe longer.

thadocta - They make 5mg methadone tablets, you know. I guarantee you a first time user with no tolerance would feel it pretty strongly. It's roughly equivalent to a 10mg percocet (that lasts 24-30 hours) after all. He'll feel it. More importantly, he'll get a better feel for the slow onset and initially subtle effect. That's harm reduction.

Swerz - A smallish redose after 3 hours wouldn't be out of the question. But extra care should be taken if you've had a fatty meal. It slows the rate of absorption but ultimately leads to a higher bioavailability IIRC. I'd feel much better about redosing than mixing with benzos.