• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenobarbital vs. Benzo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbs are well known as very dangerous drugs. I'm too tired to elaborate or post links, but I'm not speaking from personal experience here. Look it up.

yeah, i research barbs like crazy as i am just fascinated by them. maybe i have an exotic thing for rare items or things extinct. obviously, pentobarbital is used to euthanize dogs. i know the dangers and the LD50 (Median Lethal Dose) for all barbs, but i was curious if this medicine accumulates where it pick right up after you redose -- it is like continuing to add to the milligrams you took from 3 days ago. because of the long half-life, i do fear this situation versus alcohol where a person get more and more sober every passing hour. also, the LD50 drops when mixing with other CNS depressants

I hear that pheno stops working for sleep after 2 weeks. think i read that on wiki or something. And from my experiences it did stop working after a while. It worked great for a short period, then just stopped putting me to sleep. You think i just need to take more?

I hear that pheno stops working for sleep after 2 weeks. think i read that on wiki or something. And from my experiences it did stop working after a while. It worked great for a short period, then just stopped putting me to sleep. You think i just need to take more?

I agree because I have a benzo tolerance. I really don't know your tolerance, if any. But this would solidify exactly what you pointed out. Pheno works inconsistently for me -- one night I cannot sleep and then the next day, I over sleep. But yes, after a few days tolerance sets in and one must be careful. Not just because it is a barbiturate [albeit weak recreationally], but since this stuff is hard to come by unless you order from other countries [or maybe you have dog with seizures], this is something you definitely don't want to get a habit for. I think you need to wean yourself off. If early, cut each day by 50% to be safe. If you've been taking pheno for awhile, I am not the right person to be asking. I would say withdrawal is worse than benzo and alcoholism withdrawal.

I have a benzo habit, currently have 50 xanny bars. only a couple pheno's for when i stop the benzo's. Is it okay to mix pheno with benzo's (i would say no) but i want someone else input. I also do heroin everyday, and the days i dont do H i do suboxone. Phenobarbital is one of the craziest drugs i have come across. It's just such a mystery.

It is such a mysterious drug for our generation - barbiturates. I guess we are attracted to things that are either extinct or hard to procure. I wouldn't recommend taking large quantities of either. With that being said, I think pheno alone sucks completely. I feel depressed and just zombified [but in a bad way not like xanax or any benzo] for a few days. I noticed that mixing phenobarbital with some valium and tramadol gives me a nice relaxed feeling akin to valium and tramadol, but more drowsy and relaxed. Be careful though since you are taking heroin too. This combo might be dangerous in small amounts because of synergy and the pheno lasts 58 hours at minimum.

Yeah. I am pretty much outta the Pheno anyways. I have easy access to it though. But I only use it when i'm in WD or can't sleep for the life of me. I think it has a cross tolerance to benzo's too, cause I took 4mg of xanax and all it did was make me sleepy (I didn't even fall asleep). But when your dope sick and its the only thing around, it deff dulls the pain.

It is such a mysterious drug for our generation - barbiturates. I guess we are attracted to things that are either extinct or hard to procure. I wouldn't recommend taking large quantities of either. With that being said, I think pheno alone sucks completely. I feel depressed and just zombified [but in a bad way not like xanax or any benzo] for a few days. I noticed that mixing phenobarbital with some valium and tramadol gives me a nice relaxed feeling akin to valium and tramadol, but more drowsy and relaxed. Be careful though since you are taking heroin too. This combo might be dangerous in small amounts because of synergy and the pheno lasts 58 hours at minimum.

Be greatful it is just a mystery for you...As a person who grew up in the generation eating reds, yellow, tunnies, all I can say is I got into a lot of trouble, and I went to many of my friends funerals from car accidents, OD's, etc just in a few years. I loved Barbituates, but if they were still around no doubt me and many more of my friends would be dead today. Barbituates were fun but they can be deadly when played with. Pheno is nothing like other barbituates,euphorically speaking, but it is still a strong drug and people have died from OD's..Remember those cult members who took them with tapioca? I forgot the name of the cult, but something like 30 people died....

LillyF40 %)

Last edited:
Anyone who has tried a few barbs can give a list of most euphoric barb to least.
So is phenobarb very non-euphoric?

It's because it's action is not as quick and strong as shorter acting barbs.
It's just a long steady uprise, then a long steady comedown. Pretty boooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg!
I only got euphoria during the middle of the whole ordeal.
All I want to do is go to sleep, just because the sedation is just soooo damn tiring.

It just takes too damn long, and most people like many above think that it was not enough, so they went on the steep end, and nearly permanently slept themselves.

When I was in rehab, I got seconal to go to sleep during the enitial withdrawal from crank.

I was so damn happy after I took it!!!!!!!!
I fell asleep and pissed myself I was out so cold.

It seems that many people don't like this, but I do. It feels like diazepam, definitely 100% better than temazepam that sucks big time. I imagine that this goes great with opioids.

Barbituates + opioids -> untimely death unless you are very careful...

Jackeperson, not sure what you mean, other than oral? Plugged, IV.. I would not recommend either as it's too easy to OD..No idea if it can be insufflated!

This is an old thread so am going to close it. Anyone is free to make their own new thread if they have a question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.