• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Places that hire 15 year olds?

dance.ana.dance

Bluelighter
I am a young'n and desperately trying to save up for a car. I don't know of any places that hire at 15. I do not want to work at fast food places because of the grease in the air. Most teenagers that work there get BAD breakouts. So can anyone help me with some suggestions on places to apply that will hire at 15????

I know this might not be the most fun job, but I delivered newspapers from 12-16. Made decent money too.

I dont think i have time to do that. My school starts crazy early and i have to get up at 5 as is. And i dont even know if i remember how to ride a bike :p

dunno your local laws. but event security can be a blast, as you get to go to all te shows. its 18 up here, but might be diff in your local

Like Fry's? Or Bashas? Hmmm. I might have to look into that.
I could be a bag boy.
Bag girl.
Haha.

I would try Wal*Mart but I have a profound hatred for that place. :)

i edited your title to be a tad more appropriate.

however, since we have no idea where you live or what your state laws are, when i was 15, i got a work permit from my guidance counselor so i could work at an orchard from ages 14-16.

Yes here in Houston supermarkets hire 15 year olds to bag groceries. Not a fun job but you can get tips which is nice.

Find a relative or friend with a relative that owns/is high up in some bsns and get a job there via the wonders of nepotism =D.

Worked for me!

Well my dad is really high up in Delta Mechanical.
Its a plumbing company if anyone has ever heard of it.
He works directly under the owner of the chain.

But I am not sure he would hire since I am his daughter. He has a strict rule: He doesn't hire family/friends because he doesn't want to have to fire them.

Other than that, I dont know anyone that owns or is that high up in a business.

mickie d's hires young kids. and crappy as it may seem, whenever my company is hiring, and there is a stack of resumes, we look for anyone who lasted for 6 months at mcdonalds, because they train extremely well, you learn to multitask, work with money and have responsibilities.

No offence but you're 15, you don't have a lot of options: fast food or supermarkets are pretty much the best ones. (The ideal would be getting an office job, even just opening mail or filing or something, but you'll probably have to know someone to get that). You're probably a really good worker, but no-one knows that yet, so they might be less likely to take you on. Like lestahb says, 6 months at McDonalds or something would get you a reference, and show people that you can be trusted. Good luck.

I know theme parks here that will hire 15 year-olds (and that involves any area of your choice: games, rides, food service, etc.), though only with strict limits on their hours.