View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to enjoy salvia

Voxide

Bluelighter
I might be using salvia this weekend for the first time. Not only have I never done salvia before, I've also never tripped before. Any experienced users have any good tips? I have heard of countless bad trips on it and I really want to like salvia.

You might want to try something lighter for your first trip. For me it came down to "practice". Basically I just kept going back for a beating until it got softer. Not necessarily recommended.

Just remember that it's still legal in most places for a reason and it's not because it "doesn't work."

Salvia is not really enjoyed......just puff and then8o8o8o8o8o It is the craziest of the crazy if you "breakthrough". You will be in awe of it afterwards for a long time!

it's a sad thing, you either smoke so little that you barely fool yourself into thinking that it worked... or you smoke a little to much and your knee deep in a realm where normal rules/physics dont apply!

i've only ever smoked it and it doesnt work.. or smoke it and it works REALLY well and I have a full experience... I personally laughed during my trips so I enjoyed them to an extent, but videos on youtube show people having a much worse time than I ever had... depends on who you are to how much you`ll like it!

See the last 2 paragraphs of http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8896700&postcount=19

1. High-quality sublingual extracts... used PRECISELY as directed by manufacturer are a better more coherent experience, more like original shaman's usage.

2. If you do smoke take AS MUCH AS YOU CAN in 1-3 tokes.... HOLD IT IN FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN.

3. NO noise NO jostling NO giggling by others in the room... REMAIN ABSOLUTELY 100% STILL gives the best chance for it to work... ANY movement or disturbance tends to block the trance from forming, keeps your mind tied to your body and prevents it from separating which is really what the salvia experience is all about.

At least that's my experiences... YMMV of course.

I have another question.

What is a typical dose range? I know it depends, but lets say for 40x (Is it a good idea to use that for a first time-not only salvia trip, but any trip?)

Would 5g's of 40x be considered a "lot"? Obviously way too much for a single dose, but all I know is that 1 good hit should do the trick. How much would 5 grams last? If an average salvia trip lasts 10 minutes, then how would this be extrapolated to 5grams worth of it? Enough to keep you tripping for 2 hours? More? I don't plan on repeating it like that, but im wondering if that is considered a lot of salvia to be holding. I don't want to post any prices, but do you think 5g's would be enough to keep me satisfied for the pretty hefty amount I might be paying? This is an internet source by the way, so I'm not sure if that's still against the rules since anybody can just check it.

Last edited:
1g of 20x lasted me months. I didnt smoke it often and only shared it a few times though. Salvia isnt one of those drugs that you want to redose for 2 hours. The whole experience should last under 15 minutes ime.

I reccomend to try it by itself first of course, but I found that salvia really becomes enjoyable while on MDMA. otherwise it wasnt really fun for me.

I don't find it recreational at all.

Mostly just terrifying full blown hallucinations coupled with a terrible "tearing" body load.

and in my mind I would tell myself "there's no way this could be real" and i would feel like i was physically grasping onto something (the idea that it was not real) but then i'd literally feel myself slip away into the Salvia world.

I had no idea I had even taken a drug and when I came down off it it took me a few moments to realize what had happened.

Use a trip sitter if you absolutely must smoke this stuff, but you're better off not. It's not enjoyable, just scary, and worse yet it isn't intellectual or introspective in any way.

Just my two cents, didn't mean to go off on a rant against salvia.

(thanks for the link though DwayneHoover, I'll be reading more about sublingual dosing, do you have any trip reports?)

1g of 20x lasted me months. I didnt smoke it often and only shared it a few times though. Salvia isnt one of those drugs that you want to redose for 2 hours. The whole experience should last under 15 minutes ime.

I reccomend to try it by itself first of course, but I found that salvia really becomes enjoyable while on MDMA. otherwise it wasnt really fun for me.
Wow. That's amazing that a gram lasted that long. How many trips was that gram good for? I'm starting to think it's seriously worth the money if a gram is enough for even 2 10 minute trips.
I don't find it recreational at all.

That's what I'm going for. %)

Wow. That's amazing that a gram lasted that long. How many trips was that gram good for? I'm starting to think it's seriously worth the money if a gram is enough for even 2 10 minute trips.

That's what I'm going for. %)

A gram is a ton of salvia, I acquired a gram like a year ago when salvia was reasonably inexpensive.

I took one trip off it (obviously you don't measure out doses, just a pinch of saliva) and had plenty left, I didn't want to do it again after the experience I described up there so I just let everyone I knew who wanted to try it have some, it took like a month to get rid of it like this.

There's definitely way more than 2 trips in a gram of salvia but at the current prices it's not worth the purchase.

It's almost impossible to take this drug as a recreational. With that being said there is' a reason to take it. Your ego is forcefully taken and the laws of physics don't apply BUT once it is gone you feel kind of reset as you do with other psychedelics. The main effects stay for about 3-4 minutes than fade down. But seriously if you do it right it will top off any other trip you have ever had ( besides potent dmt ). Take a Huge hit , don't be afraid to burn all the edges of the bowl and hold it in for at least 15-20 sec. You will think you can have more or it's not working but as SOON as you let out that smoke waves of pattern dimensions will be shot at you. It's not like you would have a bad trip although it will be confusing and hard to grasp, just sit there and let it do its job. You won't bug out

I probably did salvia 6 or 7 times before ever trying another psyhedelic besides marijuana. Albeit my trips were intense as hell and some shredded my ego apart none of them blew my mind as much as m y first [real] lsd trip. Thats my two cents

It will go WAY farther than 2 trips. I probably got 10-15 trips out of my gram. Its kind of hard to say for sure though, this was a few years ago. You dont need alot to trip, a pea sized pinch in diameter will do ya. :)

it's a sad thing, you either smoke so little that you barely fool yourself into thinking that it worked... or you smoke a little to much and your knee deep in a realm where normal rules/physics dont apply!

i've only ever smoked it and it doesnt work.. or smoke it and it works REALLY well and I have a full experience... I personally laughed during my trips so I enjoyed them to an extent, but videos on youtube show people having a much worse time than I ever had... depends on who you are to how much you`ll like it!

The fact that you say you "laughed" during your trip makes me know for a fact you haven't gotten nearly the full effects.

It will go WAY farther than 2 trips. I probably got 10-15 trips out of my gram. Its kind of hard to say for sure though, this was a few years ago. You dont need alot to trip, a pea sized pinch in diameter will do ya. :)

Depends on if you're breaking through and on the purity of extract. a gram of 10x isn't getting you anywhere near to 15 trips, i don't even know if its possible to break through with 10x.

Jesus. That is some potent shit. What if you were to smoke an entire bowl-full? What exactly is a "break through?" Is it possible with 40x?

It is absolutely NOTHING LIKE POT!!! It is NOT a high like that, just a subtle readjustment of the setting controls on your mental TV like weed is! Do people read nothing? How can they think it is like weed? All green dry plant stuff does not automatically work in a similar way, jesus that is a silly assumption to make!

It is a trance in which your mind shifts into operating in an entirely different manner.

See in the other thread where I try to explain why sublingual liquid extract (I am not sure if dry concentrated leaf will soak in fast enough to work this way) is the only proper way to use it... why smoking it is usually just bad and weird and confusing:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=8900248&postcount=42

Last edited:
Surely the title of this thread is an oxymoron.
One does not "enjoy" Salvia.
One endures it.
May it pass quickly.

Do it while on MDMA. It's the only way :p

Completely agreed. I had some beautiful experiences smoking salvia coming down from MDMA... I remember when I watched in awe as my closet literally turned into a forest brimming with roses that I could smell so strongly and the calm gentle warmth lady salvia showed to me each time I went there with MDMA.

Without it, that bitch is fucking COLD! :p

All my salvia trips have been neutral with negative creepy feelings, except the time i inhaled 2 hits of 10x after taking 20mg zolpidem (ambien). That was a scary trip but i was sedated enough that I didn't register fear.

The strangest part wasn't the other-worldly visuals, it was the thought that I had been in that state my whole existence and forgot everything about myself and my life.