• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Color

Clear crystals are the best. Don't over do it on those or you WILL be floored.(know from personal experience)

Color means nothing.. you could get a PURE MDMA roll in green, blue, pink, yellow, ect.. and MDMA crystal is actually Light Brown & Off White..

Color means nothing.. you could get a PURE MDMA roll in green, blue, pink, yellow, ect.. and MDMA crystal is actually Light Brown & Off White..

The more dark the crystal us, brown green or whatever is just from the chemist not washing it down thoroughly. MDMA crystal with the least impuritys will come in clear crystal form.

I thought lumps of MDMA are normally off brown/pink/clear? No set colour? White i thought generally suggests it had been cut with sweetner or some other more nasty bit

MDMA definitely does have a set colour in its pure form. Almost any organic chemical in its purest form is white and in the case of the MDMA it is a clearish white crystal (but 2C-N is yellow/orange cuz of the nitro group!). MDMA "lumps" generally do come brown, but that is from by-products left over from the synthesis and does not mean a perfectly clean product. True, white powder often measn a cut product as most buff is white (i.e. think cocaine buff), but white crystals are a sign of a very clean product. If your molly is powder, think why it is a powder. It was probably powderized so buff could be mixed in/hidden in. I've had white crystal MDMA tested at 95% purity where 140 mg would put everyone on their ass and I've had brown crystal MDMA where 220 mg was needed for a similar effect indicating a huge difference in purity between some batches of brown MDMA and >90% purity MDMA, although there is significant variation in potency between coloured batches of crystal MDMA and I find translucent tan MDMA is somewhere in between, with 180 mg equaling around 140 mg of the 95% pure MDMA (avergae). The main thing you want to look for is crystal and clear/translucent. Even brown crystal that is translucent is usually good quality.

MDMA crystal is often
Light Brown & Off White..
but very pure MDMA is a translucent white crystal.

I've never seen MDMA that was completely transparent like meth, or glass or whatever. It's always translucent white. Is this what people mean by "clear", where it is white but you can still see through it? I'd love to see a picture of some translucent MDMA as there have been multiple claims that the purest of the pure should be clear. Are you sure you weren't simply sold the purest of the pure methamphetamine? =D lol

Colors/binders etc. are not impurities, because they don't affect how your body processes MDMA at all. To my knowledge, the color of MDMA powder and crystal varies because of the way it's been processed, it's not an indication of quality or purity.

Colors/binders etc. are not impurities, because they don't affect how your body processes MDMA at all. To my knowledge, the color of MDMA powder and crystal varies because of the way it's been processed, it's not an indication of quality or purity.

Alexander_Shulgin said:
On continued stirring, there was the deposition of fine white crystals of 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine hydrochloride (MDMA).....After filtering off the white crystals, washing with an IPA/Et2O mixture, (2:1), with Et2O, and final air drying, there was obtained 42.0 g of 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine (MDMA) as a fine white crystal.

Shulgin synthesized pharmaceutical grade chemicals, and in both of his reported synthesis routes, which is what I presume you mean by "way it's been processed", the resulting crystals were white. Any other colour is an indication of impurity. Simple as that.

MDMA is MDMA and pure MDMA is a white crystal.

ecstasydata.org tests for drugs present in a pill, not any inactive substance.

well if youve ever seen real pure the amount that it takes to mess you up is very small and not really pressable cause its crystal. So the big guys who make the presses mix a bunch of crystals with a bunch of binder and nothing else if they are cool. Then the only active substance in your pill would be mdma. And pure is only white if you crush it very finely if youve buy any real amount of pure it should look like big chunks of clear road salt

Shulgin synthesized pharmaceutical grade chemicals, and in both of his reported synthesis routes, which is what I presume you mean by "way it's been processed", the resulting crystals were white. Any other colour is an indication of impurity. Simple as that.

MDMA is MDMA and pure MDMA is a white crystal.

A clear crystal will crush down into a white powder. I've had pure white molly before, as well as slightly purple molly and brown molly.

I dosed them all at 150mg and I can't say I noticed any subjective difference between their effects; all of them made me roll about the same at that dose. In the instance of the brown molly, a friend ran it through an acetone wash and it came out white. Still had the same effect, just took ever so slightly less drug to acheive the same effect (10-15mg less).

An extremely slight impurity can totally change the drug's appearance.

This was dissolved in .... neutralized with about...of concentrated... and then treated with ... anhydrous. After filtering off the white crystals, washing with an... mixture, (2:1), with..., and final air drying, there was obtained 42.0 g of 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine (MDMA) as a fine white crystal. The actual form that the final salt takes depends upon the temperature and concentration at the moment of the initial crystallization. It can be anhydrous, or it can be any of several hydrated forms. Only the anhydrous form has a sharp mp; the published reports describe all possible one degree melting point values over the range from 148-153 ° C. The variously hydrated polymorphs have distinct infrared spectra, but have broad mps that depend on the rate of heating

This was dissolved in .... neutralized with about...of concentrated... and then treated with ... anhydrous. After filtering off the white crystals, washing with an... mixture, (2:1), with..., and final air drying, there was obtained 42.0 g of 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine (MDMA) as a fine white crystal. The actual form that the final salt takes depends upon the temperature and concentration at the moment of the initial crystallization. It can be anhydrous, or it can be any of several hydrated forms. Only the anhydrous form has a sharp mp; the published reports describe all possible one degree melting point values over the range from 148-153 ° C. The variously hydrated polymorphs have distinct infrared spectra, but have broad mps that depend on the rate of heating

Doesn't say that they're different colors - only that they've got a different melting point (a common quick test for purity - impurities lower melting point. So that's a very relevant fact to a chemist).

MDMA is white, any color is due to colorful impurities.

Doesn't say that they're different colors - only that they've got a different melting point (a common quick test for purity - impurities lower melting point. So that's a very relevant fact to a chemist).

MDMA is white, any color is due to colorful impurities.

That is from Alexander Shulgin's synthesis. He even states that it is a white salt. That is all I was trying to point out. As long as it is done right, and washed correctly it will always be a white salt. now the boiling point he is refering to is only on long one would heat it.

I can only speak of MDMA in powder form, never really been big on pills! From my expierence on the RARE occassion I've had MD white powder it hasnt been much good, on the whole the powder I've recieved has been a light baige colour and always good and much beter than the white stuff

That is from Alexander Shulgin's synthesis. He even states that it is a white salt. That is all I was trying to point out. As long as it is done right, and washed correctly it will always be a white salt. now the boiling point he is refering to is only on long one would heat it.

Indeed the pure salt appears white but this is only due to light reflecting and defracting off the many tiny crystals. A single MDMA crystal is transluscent not white.

Indeed the pure salt appears white but this is only due to light reflecting and defracting off the many tiny crystals. A single MDMA crystal is transluscent not white.

i may be wrong here but i think its unrealistic to expect it to be like in shulgins book anyway. the precursor chemical used to make mdma now i think is something entirley different from what he originally used. i have had clear crystals, grey crystals, and brown crystals. and ive heard of other colours too

^Yes times have changed and we do have newer synthetic routes available to make MDMA, however the final product remains constant and pure(99.99%+) MDMA crystals have no 'color'. The colored crystals you've had were not in fact pure. Even impurities as little as 1% can cause the product to be visually different.