• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines how to take dried san pedro cactus ?

amook

Greenlighter
i heard that you have to make tea with it. i took 6 grm and boiled them for 20 min then drink(only the tea not the cactus!) it didnt do anything.
do you have to eat the cactus too or only the tea? and is 6grm enough ?
has anyone tried dried san pedro or muscaria ?my mate bought it from camden town legaly . 12 grm we to 6 each and both didnt feel the effect!

You'd need closer to 15-30 grams of dried cactus to get a good effect. Most commercial san pedro is around 1% mescaline by weight, and a good dose is considered to be about 300mg.

Sekio is correct, in my experience, at least 20g-25g of dried, powdered skins is needed, and 30g is approaching a more full experience. This method I'll mention for ingesting the cactus is not for everyone, but I'm adding it because it works very well and painlessly for me. With powdered skins, I employ the 'toss and wash' method, usually mentioned when speaking of kratom use. Basically I just put a tolerable amount of powder in a piece of paper, fold the paper so as to make an easy path the dump the powder in my mouth (not creasing it), dump powder, don't breathe while powder is in mouth, drink water, swish around very vigorously sometimes even shaking my head, and swallow while everything in my mouth is still in motion. Usually I'll quickly have to rinse afterward with at least one mouthful of water, remembering not to breathe. It is kind of like swallowing a big pill. If done right, it is painless and tasteless. With 30g of material, you would likely have to do this a few times to get it all down comfortably. Be careful though.. I know this method will cause a lot of people to gag and lose their powder - not good. I'm just throwing it out there because -if- you can do it, it makes things really easy and quick.

I have a lot of practice at this because I was once a daily kratom user, so it doesn't cause me any anxiety to do it. I have suggested this to friends, however, and they look at me like I'm crazy, so I know it isn't going to work for everybody.

it takes a lot of that shit to get high and it's fuckin nasty! I'd never buy it, and only a scam-artist would sell it in the way you're talking about....It grows in many places in the US, particularly the SW....Haven't looked up it's range....and maybe you can't grow it in Ireland very well....I'm sure it would grow in a lot of parts of western europe though....

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make....It's a great experience if it's available and you can prepare it from the fresh cactus, but I'd never pay for it by the gram like a lot of other drugs....It's not peyote, its the same active ingredient, but its a huge fucking difference when it comes to actually ingesting it!

You'd need closer to 15-30 grams of dried cactus to get a good effect.

IME 30 grams of san pedro is a threshold dose. 30 grams of something like peruvian torch can produce a nice trip. Even with strong san pedro it takes up to 50-100 grams for me to get to a nice place.

If done right, it is painless and tasteless.

How long for? What about when the dried pedro encounters moisture in your gut and expands to 10 times it's original volume? That's a little uncomfortable.

IME 30 grams of san pedro is a threshold dose. 30 grams of something like peruvian torch can produce a nice trip. Even with strong san pedro it takes up to 50-100 grams for me to get to a nice place.

I was actually thinking of bridgesii or peruvians when I made my post. Never worked with actual San Pedro (pachanoi). Should've been clear about that.

How long for? What about when the dried pedro encounters moisture in your gut and expands to 10 times it's original volume? That's a little uncomfortable.

This is true. It has caused me stomach cramping, and it has also caused me to purge, albeit not super violently. Neither were unbearable, but I should've been clear about that as well. I meant painless as far as the actual getting the stuff down/avoiding the slime or the taste. Probably should've used a different word, actually.

IME, 100 grams is ideal.

Also IME, the potency of cactus in question can vary widely with this amount.

7 answers, no one answered the 1st part of question ! do i have to eat the remaining grinded cactus in the tea. or just drink the tea ?

Ime, your boiling time seems short: i usually boil 3 times 1 hour, with fresh water every time, then decant, and reduce, so as to avoid having to stomach the flesh.
You can taste the goo: if it still has a pungent taste, it means there's some goodies left. In that case, either eat it, or do as i explained above.

Eating the cactusflesh is not required if your tea is brewed for long enough. The easy test is to taste some of the glop, if it's still bitter you need to continue boiling it (or just eat it).

Beware, as cactus is not meant to be eaten by mortal man. It tastes truly vile.

Not only does it taste truly vile, it's very easily the vilest thing I've ever tried to ingest. Far worse than anything else. Ayahuasca tastes like chocolate milk in comparison.

If you're working with such a small amount of it that it's borderline if you'll even feel it or not, I'd swallow the cactus pieces just to make sure I got it all....even if all the active shit is boiled out into the solution, the cactus pieces are still gonna be saturated with some of that solution....

It is nasty as shit! I think the best way to do that shit is to boil a ton of it, make it kind of the weak side, add a ton of sugar and other flavorings, and just down like 10-15 cups of it over the course of a couple hours! It's time-consuming, nasty and really just a pain in the ass in general.....definitely only worth it if your neighbor has a big patch of them in his back yard and gives you a bunch of them for free.....It does kind of irritate me that somebody would be selling this shit and not even giving you enough to get off on it!

wow how do you guys get down 50-100 grams of this stuff? i made tea a few times with 30 grams and it was pretty good, seemed to eliminate that cactus powder expanding in your gut feeling. I also ate 30 grams of powder, made into little pill sized balls using a bit of water and holy shit my stomach hurt after that. The extraction isn't that hard to perform if you know what you're doing, or know someone who does, i would do that instead because 30-100 grams of powder is an insane amount to ingest, the tea does help though because you skim off that nasty sludge while you're boiling it, so you're not consuming all that great cactus.

the taste and smell are quite awful though, kind of like kratom, definitely in the top 3 of most disgusting things i've done to get a high.

Truly! I think that even Kratom doesn't come close (which is nasty enough). I once made the mistake of thinking that if I added the powder to a cup of cup-a-soup it would disguise the taste. Boy was I wrong... Took me two hours just to down a cup full of thick, green, snotty, slimy, viscous bitter sludge. With croutons. Ugh. Never again, I tell you. Oh well, maybe some other time... who knows. ;) But praise the gods for synthetic mescaline!

Make a smoothie with citrus and little bit of ginger and whatever you want to disguise the taste. Or make Chimora if you want more a traditional experience

I once at 28g dried PT With mac and cheese made with weed butter and weed stems. The things we know now looking back lol.

Great great experience tho

Truly! I think that even Kratom doesn't come close (which is nasty enough). I once made the mistake of thinking that if I added the powder to a cup of cup-a-soup it would disguise the taste. Boy was I wrong... Took me two hours just to down a cup full of thick, green, snotty, slimy, viscous bitter sludge. With croutons. Ugh. Never again, I tell you. Oh well, maybe some other time... who knows. ;) But praise the gods for synthetic mescaline!

one time i tried to put my kratom tea into a cup of coffee; after i throw it in i notice all the milk and cream float to the top lol. It sucks that it doesn't dissolve into anything easily cause a nice home made extraction would be great compared to eating so much powder. At least for mescaline, you can make a decent extraction without a lab.

My experiences are limited to LSD, DMT, and psilocybin. However I have San pedro dried skins on the way from peru. My shaman friend told me that 10g is a very strong trip and I will not need more than that. I have other friends down there there collaborate this. Is this simply part of the variance in potency? I see some of you saying you need to eat 50g+!?

My experiences are limited to LSD, DMT, and psilocybin. However I have San pedro dried skins on the way from peru. My shaman friend told me that 10g is a very strong trip and I will not need more than that. I have other friends down there there collaborate this. Is this simply part of the variance in potency? I see some of you saying you need to eat 50g+!?
Probably depends on the particular batch. I like 20-30g for my San Pedro dried skin, it's certainly not a "very strong trip", but a good level.
I'd just trust the friend, you can always take more later. That said, San Pedro should be quite forgiving regarding the dose (especially compared to the other 3 you mentioned), it might be a little more rough physically though.

Enjoy :) San Pedro is fantastic.

Probably depends on the particular batch.

I have been drawn to this plant for nearly 6 months now, reading about it as much as I could. Preparing myself for this healing journey.

I find both mushrooms and LSD to be mentally edgy and I fight some extreme anxiety before I can let go and relax. Even still I have become to dedicate a part of my life to these healing medicines and I absolutely am falling in love with psychedelics and the wisdom they have helped me 'remember'. They also have allowed my wife and I to reconnect and save our marraige.

You would say San Pedro is relaxing, dreamy/visionary, and euphoric? Those are the type of descriptions I most frequently see. To be taken morning or afternoon and preferably outside!

I cannot express how excited I am. I am also grateful to have pedro from the heart of peru.