• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

2013 green "g73" opana 20mg; Silicosis AND Mesothelioma??

getRocked

Bluelighter
i just recently found out by going through old threads that many were concerned that you can get Silicosis AND Mesothelioma by snorting the old opana er. i was wondering if anyone knows does the same go for the new sniffable generic opana (oxymorphone) released in 2013???

I don't know, but I have my suspicions about the Actavis brand generic 15 mg. I've been snorting those for about a year now, and I haven't been able to get a decently normal deep breath since mid August 2012. I have secretly wondered if my nasal oxymorphone habit might be responsible. If you haven't been snorting long enough to develop a serious habit, then I wouldn't do it if I were you. These breathing problems are no fun.
I am currently amassing the comfort meds necessary to quit. I'll keep you guys posted. If my breathing returns to normal, we'll know for sure the answer to your question.

i just recently found out by going through old threads that many were concerned that you can get Silicosis AND Mesothelioma by snorting the old opana er.

Mesothelioma is normally caused by inhalation of asbestos. I know silicosis of the lung is common with snorting the Opana ER's, but I wouldn't know if it causes mesothelioma.

Nonetheless, in the interest of harm reduction, take these orally, or properly filter them before indulging.

Mesothelioma is normally caused by inhalation of asbestos. I know silicosis of the lung is common with snorting the Opana ER's, but I wouldn't know if it causes mesothelioma.

Nonetheless, in the interest of harm reduction, take these orally, or properly filter them before indulging.

damn shit is always to good to be true especially to the only pill i enjoy..(never did the og oc's) but roxi's percs and all that weak shit isn't enough and the prices are rediculous..and taking the opana orally is such a waste with the low bioavailability

good luck and i hope you get better, its such a shame that no one knows for sure that these are causing these respitory issues especially by 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
damn shit is always to good to be true especially to the only pill i enjoy..(never did the og oc's) but roxi's percs and all that weak shit isn't enough and the prices are rediculous..and taking the opana orally is such a waste with the low bioavailability

If you take an oc 80 the right way it's about equivalent to having 30mg in you for 12 hours...30mg roxis arent weak lol...only reason prices went up on roxis is shooters....

good luck and i hope you get better, its such a shame that no one knows for sure that these are causing these respitory issues especially by 2013

Thanks, getRocked :), I'm working on it. My quit date is either May 24 or June 07, either way I am going to find out if these (unfortunately good) pills are what's causing this respiratory issue. I felt like I had to warn you, just in case my suspicions are correct. Nobody has brought this topic up in quite a while. But now that the new, snortable generics are finally here I bet this issue will be revisited at some point. Please be cautious, and as the Cap'n suggested, either filter them (and take them that way) or take them orally until we know more.

I hope these arent the cause of My respritory probs. Im quitting soon but if so the damage is alread done. Wish I would've never started.

That’s why it is important to snort water soluble substances in water soluble cuts or fillers.

I hope you know what silicosis is. It is a form of permanent lung disease basically caused by POWDERED GLASS. I strongly urge you to please find another way if you must indulge. I am VERY SURE that it SUCKS to die of suffocation. The powdered substance gets into the smallest spaces in your lungs-the spaces responsible for exchanging oxygen for carbon dioxide in the blood-that is why you are short of breath, and cannot take a deep breath-you have less oxygen, and more carbon dioxide in your blood. You may also have a weak feeling in your muscles, and feel tired all the time-mentally fuzzy too. If you quit that method now, you will halt the disease's progression, and may even regain some lost function. Your lungs need time to heal-hopefully they will produce mucus that can "float" the substance out when you cough. Before Gulf War Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Multiple Sclerosis basically made my life one huge pain-filled nightmare, I worked in the glass industry. Silicosis is VERY common in that field, due to workers sanding glass, and not using a respirator. It is VERY hard to think ahead like that, I know. Last I checked, I was NOT 45, but an energy-filled 22 year old wanting to conquer the World. Time goes by a lot faster than you think, and only goes faster the older you get. I hope, if I am alive, to see you still posting 20 years from now. An opiate "fast" might do you good too. I have read that kratom(still legal in US) will ease/eliminate withdrawal symptoms. This post was edited by a moderator previously because he/she thought that the term I used was to avoid self-incrimination. Actually, most of my adult life, thankfully, has been spent drug-free, due to my military service in a safety-intensive job(parachute rigger, paratrooper, jumpmaster, and pathfinder). Not only were we randomly and regularly tested, but I would like to think, given my jobs, that I would still have chosen to be drug-free. The glass field is also safety-intensive, so again I chose not to partake. Mistakes in these fields can easily kill someone. Now, with all of the pain, I "get" to go to pain management, and take my meds in the manner prescribed. Kinda funny, it really WAS someone else that I was trying not to incriminate, but I am glad that the moderator stepped in. Because of my disease progression, I actually have brain damage, and thus, memory issues. I really do not remember reading about the issue highlighted, and for this, I apologize. I will make sure to read everything again, and reread it often. Sorry for my mistake!!! I will try my best to prevent a recurrence. Good luck!!! :D X<:3{{{}}}~~~~~

A friendly reminder as per the BLUA:
The use of ineffective self-incrimination avoidance terms is forbidden. Terms include but are not limited to: SWIM; my dog; my cat; a mouse; my pet hamster.

Last edited:
The above post about "water-soluble cuts or fillers" is simply that, as water-soluble, everything that you are snorting will dissolve at once, leaving little or no "extra" harmful substances to travel to, and take up residence in, your lungs. If a substance isn't water-soluble, I'm pretty sure that snorting it wouldn't accomplish a damn thing, except maybe make you pretty uncomfortable. I THINK that this is what the above poster meant, as I remember seeing people at parties snorting water to clear their noses. I always thought that it would just hurt-I almost drowned myself with a neti pot though, so maybe my nose and water just don't get along...8o

I don't know, but I have my suspicions about the Actavis brand generic 15 mg. I've been snorting those for about a year now, and I haven't been able to get a decently normal deep breath since mid August 2012. I have secretly wondered if my nasal oxymorphone habit might be responsible. If you haven't been snorting long enough to develop a serious habit, then I wouldn't do it if I were you. These breathing problems are no fun.
I am currently amassing the comfort meds necessary to quit. I'll keep you guys posted. If my breathing returns to normal, we'll know for sure the answer to your question.

In regards to your deep breath...make sure its not anxiety. i went to like 5 doctors because it felt like i couldn't get a deep breath and no one understood it. i took to the internet and borrowed some benzos to see if it was anxiety. sure enough, thats what was causing it. not sure on the pills though. i know it can't be good to inhale some of those fillers.

G73 (Oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release 20 mg)

Inactive Ingredients:
microcrystalline cellulose
lactose monohydrate
hypromelloses
xanthan gum
magnesium stearate
polyvinyl alcohol
polyethylene glycol
magnesium silicate
titanium dioxide
FD&C Yellow No. 6
D&C Yellow No. 10
aluminum oxide
FD&C Blue No. 1
FD&C Blue No. 2

any of these dangerous to snort?

microcrystalline cellulose
magnesium stearate
magnesium silica

Not good to snort. Don't want that shit in your lungs. Just off the top of my head.
'
TBH nobody has ever presented empirical evidence that snorting OpanaEr causes silicosis. I've put thousands of those things up my nose and nary a problem, years later.

microcrystalline cellulose and magnesium stearate are both in the generic IRs and magnesium stearate in the pink IR 10s. so is this a dangerous thing to snort opana in general and not just ERs?