The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

NEEDLE exchange / SYRINGE discussion thread

needles & pinz

titicaca2 said:
i don't get it. what are needle exchanges?
a way to give addicts a fighting cahnce at harm reduction.
they exchange syringes your used ones for fresh new syringes. along with most all other public health prograhms and services available.

I know i posted before on bluelight about there also being an exchange in paterson at broadway and straight st across from white castle at the well of hope drop in center next to the church on corner. there usually is a big white camper giving tb test and blood work. during week on mon wed fri certain hours.
peace
dawg,

I can get 100 at a time with no problem but I live in nc so mabe u can order em'

NEEDLE/SYRINGE discussion

ive never been to a needle exchange
i live in Northern New Jersey and just found out about one in Newark
do you have to turn in used needles to get new ones?
also what other rules are there for signing up?
and does anyone else know about the rules of getting needles from a pharmacy

thanks!

There have been quite a few questions regarding needle exchange facilities and/or where (if possible) to obtain clean needles legally. this is where any needle related discussion should take place. if you are going to post sources, please make sure the website is selling needles, filters, etc. ONLY! do NOT post up a link to a site that sells research chemicals (etc, etc.) along with boxes of syringes.

Bluelight is here in the interest of harm reduction, it is NOT here to help you obtain or sell drugs. this will be the only warning i post in this thread as it is already stated in the forum guidelines and the BLUA.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is region specific so does not belong here in OD. I'll move it NA Drug Discussion for you.
AFAIK (and keep in mind we're generally a lot more harm reduction orientated in Australia) it's only called an exchange because you can get needles there, and you also drop needles off to be disposed of. They also provide other harm reduction services, for example you can ring people about what steroids to use in a cycle, how to filter pills with micron filters (which are also available BTW, though some exchanges require you to sit a brief harm reduction IV pill class in order to buy them). They don't require anything usually except your zip code and age range, and you could give fake details if you were so inclined but all the data goes towards helping ppl like you in the long run, so it doesn't serve your purposes to lie to them.
But it's going to be different where you are. The local one near here has people sitting in the foyer playing guitar and just kinda hanging out drinking coffee and tea and stuff, which IMO really isn't very professional, but then again, that's kinda what they are going for. But other exchanges won't even let 2 ppl in to make exchanges due to privacy so go figure.

OD ---> North American DD

there's a needle exchange in paterson, too. totally anonymous. no forms to fill out. no need to submit needles before receiving any. (just google "Well of Hope" on Broadway)

i don't know anything about the one in newark.
i have no experience with getting them from a pharmacy.

Purchase of syringes tried at a pharmacy in Bergen County NY and pharmicist said that one needs a prescription and to go to NY b/c there, it is OTC. Not very harm reduction friendly.

The one in newark is good. I've NEVER returned needles to them, and they've ALWAYS given me as many sets as I've wanted. You sign up, get a card. Its an anonymous program of course. I always put my used in needles in a drop box at my work though ( it was a medical facility) so you should return your needles to the needle exchange. They give you a card saying you can legally possess all the needles you are carrying so its cool.

Purchase of syringes tried at a pharmacy in Bergen County NY and pharmicist said that one needs a prescription and to go to NY b/c there, it is OTC. Not very harm reduction friendly.

Dude, bergen county is in new jersey. LOL, wtf? you have to drive OVER the state line into NEW YORK, THROUGH bergen county to come out in Pearl River , Nyack, etc and the surrounding area. there is a CVS right there in pearl river once you get to the end of the garden state parkway, that sells syringes. you definately DO NOT need a prescription in ny state. some ppl will b dicks about it jsut go around to ab unch of em till you get one that will do it. dont be afraid to quote the law and show them that you know they are bullshittin you, even if it dont get you wat you want it shows them that you aint no dummy and are aware that they are pharmacy-bullying you lol. Dont back down, ask to speak to a manager and complain that you fel you are bein discriminated against becuz you are young, etc. gotta make some noise to be heard man.

Anyways yea the one in ptown is great NYCNJ. I used to go there all the time. not good hours tho, but they are great ppl there very nice. right across from white castle.

i know johns hopkins runs one in baltimore, never used a needle or h for that matter though so i dont know much about it

Needle exchange

Does anyone know where there is a needle exchange in las vegas??

Syringe Exchange Programs

Does anyone know about exchange programs in middle tn? What about the laws about purchasing needles without a prescription in TN? I had heard that some programs give you a card that permits you to carry syringes with you without getting in trouble for having them, do any of them do this in TN? Can anyone fill me in on the laws about syringes in tn? Thanks, Amberlynn8)

The first question would be, do they even HAVE needle exchanges in your state. The second would be to probably contact one outside your area ( it might be easier) and they can point you in the right direction. Quite a few states ( a lot of states I might add) do not have needle exchanges.

I found a number on this website www.nasen.org maybe you can get some info there too? It doesn't list anything for TN, so I'm going to call and see if there are programs here, bc it said something about some programs not being able to list bc of laws in that states. Hope this helps!

for middle tennessee, try the Davidson County Harm Reduction Program (DCHRP):

The Davidson County Harm Reduction Program (DCHRP) is a culturally diverse community organization whose mission is to reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS infection and reduce harm to injection drug users (IDUs) and their partners in Middle Tennessee. This is done by providing IDUs with safer injection equipment and up-to-date information on HIV/AIDS, including risk-reduction strategies and safer sex practices to prevent HIV infection and STDs.

it looks like this organization is funded through a church ministry but they might be able to help.

Davidson County Harm Reduction Program
2128 11th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37208-1105
(615) 244-6997

it looks like both retail sale (even knowing the intended use) and prescription of syringes are legal in TN. the law could reasonably be interpreted to criminalize possession of trace amounts of drugs though, so you'd have to be especially careful about carrying around a used rig.

Last edited:
nevada does not appear to have joined the syringe deregulation cause. it looks like syringes are illegal to sell without a prescription unless they are for asthma or diabetes. however, if you are caught with a trace amount of a drug (as would be left in a syringe) you are exempt from prosecution (?)

nevada often makes little sense to me when it comes to drug laws.

i would try a las vegas methadone clinic for possible guidance on needle exchange options. if anyone is running a program like this in nevada it seems they are doing it very quietly.

Clean Needles in Dallas

The local mom n pop pharmacy i have always gone too closed down. I don't know where to buy clean needles. I'm having a nervous breakdown. Anyone from Dallas who knows which pharmacies sell?