• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone's effect in blocking opioids.

Benzopiates

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I just want to know... If I took approximately 15~20MG of methadone about 2 hours ago and I'm figuring out how much dilaudid I need to take to get the same feeling I'm used to get normally, since Methadone is blocking the opioid receptors and I need to take more of the drug to get the same effect, how much dilaudid do I need to take if I want to have the feeling of a 1mg dilaudid dose?

if I were you, I'd just wait. 2 hours into methadone is going to be hard to break through without reckless dosing

Wait as in don't take any dilaudid at all or wait X time, and if yes, what is X?

How much approximately in percentage should I take to feel the same in the 24h of methadone action...

On methadonne's 0 to 1st hour = supposed to be no effect so no opioid blockers = 100% of dilaudid to feel the same
On methadonne's 1st to 6th hour = 200% to get the same?
On methadonne's 6th to 12h hour = 300% ?
On methadonne's 12th to 18h hour = 200% ?
On methadonne's 18th to 24h hour = the methadonne is slowly fading out so u need less = 150% of dilaudid to feel the same ?

You know... something like this... or as approximately as you can if it makes sense

I'll bump this just cuz I really need to know if its worth doing it or not? should i endure the mini-feel of WD's or just try to do 2x the dose?

i find that methadone doesn't block anything for me it just skyrockets my tolerance

^That's part of it's blocking mechanism, raising your tolerance so high that there's no point in abusing full-agonists.

Even at a chronic dose of 16-20mg(did you just take methadone once, or do you take it every day) methadone will not block other opiates, though it will still raise your tolerance, so weaker opiates (codeine) would not be felt (at the same time, anyone with a heroin habit will not get high off of codeiene either). Dilaudid is a strong opioid, if you took methadone once, it will probably not have raised your tolerance to a point where you have to double or tripple your dose. However, you still want to be carefull because the methadone lasts a long time, so mixing any CNS depressants is dangerous.

Augmenter la dose de Dilaudid pour contrer l'effet du methadone est une recette pour une overdose! Pisses le methadone et une fois que c'est sorti...c pas cool doser 2 trucs en meme temps man, on entend parler d'eux aux nouvelles, ca fini pas bien haha!

Why would you want to take Dilaudid only 2 hours after taking methadone anyway? The methadone wouldn't even be at peak effects by that point, you'd probably just be starting to feel it.

I really don't experience hardly any blocking effects from 30mg daily at all, even with the build up of methadone concentration over 6 days or so. I also dose my methadone in two doses majority of the days; 20mg worth of pills crushed, dissolved in H20, filtered, then insufflated in the morning, with a 10mg dose prepared the same fashion probably 8-10 hours later. I can dose a couple bags of heroin (2 to 3 decent BTH bags) and feel pretty solid, with ~4 bags giving me a solid nod with that slight difference in experience than ECP (not a bad thing, just an interesting/kinda cool thing). I'd have to dose a little more H while not on methadone, and when dose with the methadone, the experience seems to have more sedation relative to euphoria (there still is some) with the increase in overall opioid effects. There is a solid mood lift not seen with most tradition opiates, but similar to Tramadol or Buprenrophine that has its advantages over that typical opioid euphoria. The duration with heroin being the most prominent array of precieved effects is a little less than with out the methadone, but the methadones effects becoming the more prominent ones experienced, the less of a desire to redose, as well as desire to not reach as high of wonked out state like when taking most short acting opioids (if this is your thing, you just want to get high as possible and nod your balls off on short acting opioids). Methadone helps you use H and make it through to the next day before the craving of a short acting opioid become relatively intense (I'm not on MTT doses, I use methadone for neurological problems).

If you don't have that high of an opioid tolerance, and don't have to much experience with higher doses of methadone (greater than 50mg, with usual doses 40mg and below if using solo), then a small dose of methadone will help decrease the required additional opioid to achieve similar effects, atleast in my experience. I have even recommended to take 7.5-10mg of methadone with 15mg of oxycodone to get a similar experience as if one was to take 35-40mg of oxycodone. This was for an individual who never has dosed higher than 5mg of methadone and never has taken larger doses of oxycodone at once than 50mg insufflated.

Some people even say low doses of suboxone can synergize with other opioids (1-2mg or less. More than two a lot of people begin to experience the start of a blockade.

I think what would mainly make a difference in effects experienced has to do with tolerance for both drugs but especially methadone, and how often you take methadone.

^When I was taking 30mg+ of methadone per day (MMT) I found it to greatly reduce the effects felt from heroin, but definitely did not block it completely (especially if I waited to take my methadone and used heroin before my methadone or waited as long as I could after taking the methadone to use). But I did not find methadone to potentiate or "synergize" with heroin, (obviously, since in my case it was greatly reducing heroin's effects), other than raising my tolerance to both drugs.

For methadone to potentiate/synergize with opioids it depends on the opioid, the person and their unique metabolism, and when they take the drugs. I think you are probably correct that it also depends on the person's tolerance, how often they take methadone and how long they have been taking it for.

you need to take minimum 40mg methadone for it to have a "blockade" effect IE (its not v the same for everyone).... if you've taken 15mg methadone theres no need imo to take more than yur usual dose of hydromorphone

20mg mjethadone will not block. No worries. I felt like once I hti 50-60mg at the meth clinic it became more of a chore to get high./ Perosnally if I was on methadone again i'd keep it under 40mg like phatass says.

15mg methadone will ADD to the hydromorphone high. U don't need more of it;