• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ways to increase oxymorphone nasal BA?

LiquidICE

Bluelighter
I know about eating a fatty meal and Diphenhydramine before dosing. Are there any other tricks that you have aquired?

Make sure you don't have excess moisture in your sinuses. Moisture destroys the oxymorphone matrix. Blow your nose repeatedly, then use a q-tip to kinda the inside down before your blow it.

Diphenhydramine doesn't increase bioavailability (as far as I have heard). What it does is it creates synergy with the oxymorphone. Plus, if you're trying to get your nod on, then I suggest doxylamine succinate. It's more sedating, and more pleasant of a sedation as well.

I'd suggest different ROA, snorting pills is hard on the nose. I can't speak for oxymorphone (whichever brand it is), though, and whatever you'd like to do is up to you.

But hey, at least you're snorting an opiate, I've seen people crunch up generic IR adderall to snort... *shudders*

and I've seen people crunch up generic 7.5mg oxycodone's to snort, and I've seen people do it with 7.5mg hydrocodone's too.

All that APAP...so gross...if you're going to snort at least do a CWE, especially if you're going to do vicodin or percocet.

You probably wouldn't want to run a CWE on oxymorphone, even wasting 5% of the active ingredient would be blasphemy to some of the lovers of this chemical on the site.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
why would you want to run a CWE on Opana (oxymorphone), what good would it do?
Opana isn't compounded with anything, and the pills are actually kinda small so at least it's not that bad on the nose :)
They're far better than OC's imo...

OP: I have had oxymorphone for 6 months now and haven't found any real special ways to increase the BA.
Snorting the oxymorphone raises the BA to around 50% most sources quote, which I'm sure you already know, compared to the 10% BA orally.
A high fat meal, and antihistamines are about all I have found to help, sorry :\

-TheMatador

I am getting my script of klonopin too so hopefully they will all form a very pleasant high

Diphenhydramine doesn't increase bioavailability (as far as I have heard). What it does is it creates synergy with the oxymorphone. Plus, if you're trying to get your nod on, then I suggest doxylamine succinate. It's more sedating, and more pleasant of a sedation as well.

I'd suggest different ROA, snorting pills is hard on the nose. I can't speak for oxymorphone (whichever brand it is), though, and whatever you'd like to do is up to you.

But hey, at least you're snorting an opiate, I've seen people crunch up generic IR adderall to snort... *shudders*

and I've seen people crunch up generic 7.5mg oxycodone's to snort, and I've seen people do it with 7.5mg hydrocodone's too.

All that APAP...so gross...if you're going to snort at least do a CWE, especially if you're going to do vicodin or percocet.

You probably wouldn't want to run a CWE on oxymorphone, even wasting 5% of the active ingredient would be blasphemy to some of the lovers of this chemical on the site.

Yeah, snorting all that apap is rediculous. In the part of Va. where I live everyone that does opiates snorts them. There are some people that shoot them. H is non-existent here, but it has been here. The only pills I snort are Roxicodone and Oxycontin. Even then its rare. I prefer to eat my pills. I have seen a friend crush and snort 10-15 hydros in a day. I've even seen him snort two 10mg percs in one giant huff. I think its crazy.
Sorry for going a little off topic.:D

Clonazepam is my least favorite benzo for some reason, it just doesn't seem to work for me. If I had to rate benzos, they'd go like this though:

1) flurazepam
2) alprazolam
3) lorazepam

I find these the most euphoric, and flurazepam gives a great afterglow effect the next day. Alprazolam is nice for while you're high on it, but you're left with the desire to dose again the next day (it's not hard to avoid re-dosing to avoid building up tolerance IMO; I would rather enjoy every pill of it by 0.5mg at a time versus getting a tolerance and needing to take more to get the same effect), whereas for me, lorazepam is the smoothest benzo with the smoothest comedown (there really isn't one). I say it's a smooth benzo because I can do almost anything on it. Flurazepam will make you go to sleep if you're tired, alprazolam will make me feel sleepy no matter how awake I am, but for me, I can take 1mg lorazepam and be able to do school work for 8 hours, comfortably.

Flurazepam is the most fun to do when you're trying to have sex IMO, it's great for getting rid of your inhibitions, and I like it the best for a high. I haven't ever experienced tolerance with flurazepam.

Alprazolam is the most fun to do if you're going for a sedating high to calm your nerves, or if you'd like to just snooze through something you don't feel like doing. It bulids tolerance quickly, the same dose the next day isn't likely to hit you as well as it did the first.

Lorazepam is the most motivating benzo ('motivating' and 'benzo' don't even belong in the same sentence) because I find it is just sedating enough and not too much so. I also find that lorazepam is more effective than diazepam (1mg lorazepam makes me feel something, 5mg diazepam doesn't).

Yeah, snorting all that apap is rediculous. In the part of Va. where I live everyone that does opiates snorts them. There are some people that shoot them. H is non-existent here, but it has been here. The only pills I snort are Roxicodone and Oxycontin. Even then its rare. I prefer to eat my pills. I have seen a friend crush and snort 10-15 hydros in a day. I've even seen him snort two 10mg percs in one giant huff. I think its crazy.

What part of VA do you hail from?

Heroin is definitely available here, it isn't all over the specific area I live though. When I was a user, I typically had to make a drive out to the ghetto.

It's OK to go a little off topic.

What part of VA do you hail from?

Heroin is definitely available here, it isn't all over the specific area I live though. When I was a user, I typically had to make a drive out to the ghetto.

It's OK to go a little off topic.

LOL, Cap'n, are you tweaking? ;) Somehow you've managed to talk about everything but snorting oxymorphone.

It's totally great to go off-topic. You (and everyone else reading this) should take advantage of the one thread that is all about going off-topic.

OD SOCIAL: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=431205

As for the OP, I don't think you can do much more than (1) make sure your snorting technique is good, so you don't waste anything, (2) try the high-fat meal ordeal, and/or (3) use some sort of CYP450 inhibitor. Of all those, #1 is definitely the most important. Hopefully somebody with a lot of tried and tested experience can chime in with something more specific for you.

LOL, Cap'n, are you tweaking? ;) Somehow you've managed to talk about everything but snorting oxymorphone.
No, not tweaking. I kind of feel like it though. :\

I have been on this rampage to get things done over the last 12 hours or so...maybe I just need to calm down. I'll take the randomness to the social thread too, thanks for linking me there.

So just wanted to give you an update. I insuffalated 20mgs off the bat of oxymorphne. i ate a fatty meal after the first 20mgs and also took 100mgs of dipehnhdyramine. an 6 mgs or so of klonopin
I am about to take the other 20 mg oxymorphoe now and plan to love it

(1) make sure your snorting technique is good, so you don't waste anything, (2) try the high-fat meal ordeal, and/or (3) use some sort of CYP450 inhibitor. Of all those, #1 is definitely the most important. Hopefully somebody with a lot of tried and tested experience can chime in with something more specific for you.

(1.1) I have had oxymorphone daily for quite some time in the form of OpanaER and OpanaIR tablets, OpanaER is much superior in my opinion especially for insuffulating for the simple reason OpanaIR tablets are only made in 5mg and 10mg pills, and they are bigger, about 1.5x as much powder as any OpanaER tablet, which go up to 40mg...So when you have a nice high dosage OpanaER Tablet that's the way to go. Say you have a 40mg OpanaER tablet for instance, your snorting ~6x less powder even if you had the highest OpanaIR tablets available (10mg) and ~12x less if you have the 5mg OpanaIR tabs:\
So when acquiring oxymorphone for insuffulation, OpanaER is the way to go if you get the half of the upper portion of the dosages available, which is the majority.

(1.2)When insuffulating OpanaER, since it is a time release pill it does gel to an extent, but not very badly, its actually something I really enjoy as well as many other Opana users I know and have talked to here on BL.
The reason is this: When you insuffulate OpanaER as opposed to Oxycontin, it has the ability to gels slightly which allows it to stay up in your nasal membranes for a very long time (it can stay up in your noses for hours if you desire (i have), you can control how long you would like to hold you dose up in your nose for the most part, and then swallow it down when you feel like it) and gives it a GREAT chance to absorb, it makes for a very strong and lengthy high, as opposed to Oxycontin dripping down your throat constantly:\
Don't get me wrong I like my Oxycontin, but after having Opana available it's no contest in my opinion, the fine powder that the Opana tablet creates sticks in the nasal membranes so perfectly, it makes for a far superior high than any Oxycontin high:)

(1.3 When preparing your OpanaER tablet for insuffulation, DO NOT wipe it off with water, or put it in your mouth like Oxycontin to remove the coating. This makes the pill gel slightly most of the time and your powder is all wet as a result. The powder in Opana is less dence then in an Oxycontin, so that's a factor.

(1.4)To remove the outer film of your OpanaER tablet simply grab a nice handy sharp knife, a nice razor blade, or even scissors have worked pretty damn good for me in a pinch:)
Then you just grab your nice white OpanaER tablet that now has have its film coating carefully shaved off:)
I think everyone knows what to do after that:D

(2) A fatty meal a half hour before you dose, or even with your dose when I don't want to wait is always great, whether I'm taking it in the ER form for pain, or IR for insuffalation. I almost always try to eat some kind of food (preferably with a portion of healthy fat:) ) , it helps everytime and has been documented to raise the BA up to 50% :)

(3) I don't know much about CYP450 inhibitors yet unfortunately and don't have access to sourced information on the subject yet,
do you by chance happen to have a chart available JC? and/or possibly know of any common ones?

Have fun, be safe, if you have any other questions I'll be around as always;)

-TheMatador

Last edited:
^ This chart is pretty comprehensive, and it comes from a good source. The only thing, as it states on the paper itself, is that its a few years old; its a chart I've had on hand for a while now. That doesn't necessarily mean it contains any incorrect information, it'll just be missing anything new that came out after the paper was published.

If you're in doubt of any of these substrates, a google search (possibly with the appropriate CYP family) will bring you any up to date information. Off the top of my head, I don't know which are used in oxymorphone metabolism, but if its like the other morphine-like opioids, it will probably be CYP2D6 and CYP3A4.

(As you'll see, cimetidine and diphenhydramine are listed as CYP2D6 inhibitors, as you commonly hear around BL.)

Enjoy, my friend.

Attachments

• cyp450 interactions.pdf
    57.2 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
I seemed to have done it well this evening this is my rundown

Ate between 7-10mg clonazepam
Around 150mg of diphenhydramine
Some tum and the 20mgs oxymorphone(so far) gonna take anothe 20 soon.
Everything put togtethre is working out very well. I am uber euphoic and slighly faded due to the opana and the benzos/benadry. So far so good.

just took another 10ishmg of opana and i think just about everything is gonna go up and up an up into the stratosphere. thanks tol

cyp450yd7.gif

Here is a cool looking chart I made all about CYP-450.

There isn't much you can do to increase the actual bioavailability of intranasal oxymorphone. I'm not sure about the fatty meals, does anyone actually know the mechanism via which it works? I've read plenty about the stats of it increasing absorption of orally taken opioids, but not snorted ones and I've assumed it has something to do with the stomach.

Anyway, all the talk in here has been about potentiation really (except for possibly the fatty foods and perfecting technique). I'll give this a couple of days or so to see if anyone has any information on how fatty meals affect absorption and if it affects nasal administration, otherwise I'm inclined to close this as there is a potentiation thread where this sort of talk really belongs.

thanks for the file JC, much appreciated :)

I used the most common CYP3A4 inhibitor I could fine (cimetidine) and the most common CYP2D6 inhibitor I could find (diphenhydramine) along with my 60mg of oxymorphone insufflated, I could definitely feel its potentiation/synergistic qualities, prior to this I didn't think cimetidine would do much.
I have always taken diphenhydramine to help nod, but it was a pleasant surprise that cimetidine actually worked pretty well with oxymorphone :)

btw funkee, thats a sweet chart you made, very cool ;)

-TheMatador