• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

3.5 days in detox from opiates

mars21

Greenlighter
I'm 3.5 days into my opiate detox. Been taking for 3 years and tolerance was between 120 and 150, but as low as 60 a few months ago. Right now I still have leg pain but the anxiety is getting better. I left medical detox AMA after 36 hours because I felt at that point I could treat myself more comfortably at my parents house and am still doing well. When can I expect this leg pain to go away? I'm hoping by the end of the 4th day it's gone. Getting better everyday. First timer for detox and not going back!

Hey OP! Welcome to Bluelight and congratulations on taking this big step. Freeing one's self from a serious Opioid dependence is often the hardest thing one ever does. In addition to being extremely difficult, it's almost entirely personal. Society is beginning to come around and show us sympathy, but for the most part, you're on your own.

Can you give us some more details please? What Opioid are you using? Would you described this "pain" as legitimate pain or more of a restless feeling?

༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ do you have any comfort meds or are you doing this CT?

Last edited:
Well we have no idea what opioid you're talking it could be anything from hydrocodone to methadone. I've only gone through bad opioid withdrawals once but I'm pretty sure the withdrawal should only last about 7 days until you're starting to feel normal again. I'm sure this differs from person to person though. Do you have any benzos, or muscle relaxers? It will really help with the restlessness and sleep. Just keep thinking when you're not dependant anymore you can continue to use opioids periodically and at lower doses as it will take a lot less to get high now. Just remember as long as you don't make it a daily thing you'll never have to worry about w/ding again. I'd recommend eating healthy as well as you might feel weak.

Well we have no idea what opioid you're talking it could be anything from hydrocodone to methadone. I've only gone through bad opioid withdrawals once but I'm pretty sure the withdrawal should only last about 7 days until you're starting to feel normal again. I'm sure this differs from person to person though. Do you have any benzos, or muscle relaxers? It will really help with the restlessness and sleep. Just keep thinking when you're not dependant anymore you can continue to use opioids periodically and at lower doses as it will take a lot less to get high now. Just remember as long as you don't make it a daily thing you'll never have to worry about w/ding again. I'd recommend eating healthy as well as you might feel weak.

I was taking oxycodone up to 150mg a day. The pain varies in my legs but mostly the pain is coming from my hip area. I do have 14 .5mg xanax to help me get through this as well as a few different muscle relaxers. At night my legs are very restless. Made a mistake in my title, at the time I posted I was only 2.5 days in, in a few hours I'll be at day 3 and into day 4. Hoping in the next 24hours most of the withdrawal symptoms subside. I still get hot flashes and goosebumps from time to time and don't have much of an appetite.

Also taking a tapered does of ultram. Right now two 50mg pills every 6-8 hours and tomorrow I'm going to 1 pill every 6-8....will not get hooked on ultram.

I was taking oxycodone up to 150mg a day. The pain varies in my legs but mostly the pain is coming from my hip area. I do have 14 .5mg xanax to help me get through this as well as a few different muscle relaxers. At night my legs are very restless. Made a mistake in my title, at the time I posted I was only 2.5 days in, in a few hours I'll be at day 3 and into day 4. Hoping in the next 24hours most of the withdrawal symptoms subside. I still get hot flashes and goosebumps from time to time and don't have much of an appetite.

All that sounds pretty normal. Honestly you're almost past the worst of it. I would avoid the tramadol if possible.

Keep taking the benzos until they're gone. Try to take only one at a time. Maybe 2 at night. I've found NyQuil with the benzos to be a huge help at night.

Get some immodium/loperamide. If the shits haven't started yet, they will soon. But once those start, the Imodium really helps, and you're almost at the end of the worst phase.

It all depends on your specific chemistry i had back pain where i couldn't sit still for 2 months, but i also was using 3-4 grams of extremely pure BTH straight from the brick from 16-22 and the occasional PURE #4. Make sure and take a lot of vitamins and eat as much as you can stomach. Also go to the urgent care tell them your situation and they may prescribe clonidine which helps tremendously, and possibly hydroxyzine for the shakes and restlessness and ondansetron for nausea. loperamide also works wonders for diarrhea and if you take enough some people it removes withdrawals and can even get some high. Please stick through it i quit heroin 10 months ago as of today and i have never been happier. Not waking up sick and having something control your everyday life is liberating. Keep through it! the worst is over after 72 hours generally. You made the best decision of your life :)

if you can, gabapentin helps tremendously ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Happy to report that I woke up this morning with no leg pain and feel no need to take any tramadol or xanax. A little nervous still because I did take 600mg of gabapentin last night. I had some from when the pain clinic tried it for my back pain. It's now been over 3.5 days and I pray this is over! By far the worst experience in my life. Thank you all for the support and advice!!!!!

Happy to report that I woke up this morning with no leg pain and feel no need to take any tramadol or xanax. A little nervous still because I did take 600mg of gabapentin last night. I had some from when the pain clinic tried it for my back pain. It's now been over 3.5 days and I pray this is over! By far the worst experience in my life. Thank you all for the support and advice!!!!!

Hopefully the worst IS almost over! You may have some lingering symptoms for a few days. How long were you on the oxy?

And seriously get the Loperamide and have it ready. You may not think you will need it. But there is a part of withdrawals that happens to almost everyone. And when that part hits, it hits hard. You want to be prepared to attack it the first time you have to make a mad dash to the bathroom.

been to detox so many times from pill withdrawal. but it beats trying to suffer through it on your own. I've done that many times as well. fucked horrible.

The leg pain went away at day 4 or so but the energy hasn't come back. How long before some of you felt your energy return? I'm taking multi vitamins and I'm almost through day 7 now. I still feel foggy and very week like I'm recovering from the flu. I'll get more energy in the evening but during the day I'm zapped. I was taking the Oxy for back pain for 3.5 years.

it can take sometimes months for one's energy to fully return, everybody is different after all - ymmv

Its really encouraging to read someones done it-thanks, i hope you have the fortitude to continue-its a lifelong merry go round in hell if you don't,
it makes others feel like its achievable, although everyones situation is different and dependancies too.
The quickest way to rebuild the endorphines is exercise & good foods ive found, easy to say hard to do when your feeling crapped out.

Last edited: