• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Strange Feeling In Head And Depression..?

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
I wanna know if my condition really is SAD or maybe depression in general, or from drug use for the past couple years.

Does anyone else have a strange feeling in there head, almost constantly. Sort've like a lightheaded feeling but not really, as if something is making my brain tense or something, and that feeling is accompanied with a feeling of just sorta depression and dont want to do much.

I mean I took Lexapro last year and the doctor went from 10mg to 40mg in like a 2 month period of time and that shit made me think suicidaly, and made me extremely depressed, but that same feeling seems like its occuring now, just not as bad. Its weird, I'm not sure exactly what to do. I just recently quit doing drugs, and i could see how that would make someone depressed, but i dont see how that would give me this strange feeling in my head. I have no reason to be depressed I have enjoy what I have and have been given. This just seems uncontrolable.

Anyone have something similar to this, or did have something similar to this? How did you fix the problem. Also, this feeling either was non existant or very mild during any other time of the year.

also, i take plenty of supplments , natural ones and im not sure if any of them cause this or not. Im going to take them one at a time tommorow, see if the feeling starts up after i take it or not. and if it doesnt, then that would have caused it.

But currently I have the following and take everyday
Irwin Naturals-
System-Six
Stress-Defy
Ginkgo Smart.

Then I take a Vitamin D3 about 4,000 IU each day. Too much? Too Little?

as well as
Isontonix-
Multi-Vitamin
Advanced B Vitamin Complex
Mochatonix ( a stimulant that I use in the morning to wake up and what not).

The only prescribed medication I take is .5 Klonopin in the morning and then .25mg at night or sometimes not at all a second time, it depends on how I feel.

I also use Kava Paste 84%, I've read it works well with mood boosting as well as anxiety, I think it helps.

And St Jogns Wort Tincture.

I know none of you are doctors, i just wanted to see if anyone has any idea of what is going on, or anyone that has had this before as well. I plan to go to my doctor tommorow, or the next day and bring him all of my supplements, tell him everything he needs to know, and see what he suggests.

Hey man, while I'm not sure if there could be some kind of interaction going on with any of the supplements you're taking, I'd love to hear how it went at the doctor's today. Let us know when you get the chance :)

when i was on Lexapro and tapered too quickly, for months i often had electrical jolt sensations or "brain zaps". what you're experiencing doesn't sound like that though...

i agree with n3o, i'm interested to read what your GP said.

Hey man, while I'm not sure if there could be some kind of interaction going on with any of the supplements you're taking, I'd love to hear how it went at the doctor's today. Let us know when you get the chance :)

when i was on Lexapro and tapered too quickly, for months i often had electrical jolt sensations or "brain zaps". what you're experiencing doesn't sound like that though...

i agree with n3o, i'm interested to read what your GP said.

Hey thanks for the caring. I unfortuanely couldn't get an appointment until tommorow, so as of now I'm going to see if any of the supplements have to do with the issue. Im going to take each of them one by one, and then if the feeling starts up, then i know it has to be one of which I took already.

Then tommorow I will not take it and see if it still happens, regardless of supplements. I don't really think that its the supplements because I remember this exact feeling in the winter last year.

The best way to describe it, is you know that feeling you get with sinus pressure, its like pressure right between ur eyes ? Well its like that but back in my brain or head it feels like.

Also on the Lexapro brain zap things, i also had that too with that medication.

Omg OP I get the exact same pressure thing .

The way you describe it sounds exactly like the feeling I get .
I've even made a thread about it in the ast lmfao!

But yeah i really want to know what it is .

Pm me if u want man

so as of now I'm going to see if any of the supplements have to do with the issue. Im going to take each of them one by one, and then if the feeling starts up, then i know it has to be one of which I took already.

Two things:
1. You probably won't find that 1 day of trialling with all the different supplements is going to make any difference. Supplements have more of a long-term/gradual effect so you're probably not likely to notice any changes over just one day. But hey, it's worth a try :)

2. From what you've described it sounds like you're getting a type of headache? Is that right? Just trying to imagine the pressure you're describing.

Omg OP I get the exact same pressure thing .

The way you describe it sounds exactly like the feeling I get .
I've even made a thread about it in the ast lmfao!

But yeah i really want to know what it is .

Pm me if u want man

You do?? Its like a weird pressure in the middle of ur brain sorta right? Do you have any idea what it is, is it chronic for you? Does depression/down feeling come with it or is that just me?

Two things:
1. You probably won't find that 1 day of trialling with all the different supplements is going to make any difference. Supplements have more of a long-term/gradual effect so you're probably not likely to notice any changes over just one day. But hey, it's worth a try :)

2. From what you've described it sounds like you're getting a type of headache? Is that right? Just trying to imagine the pressure you're describing.

1. Well maybe your right, but I did try them differently today and the feeling came today again, BUT much less pressure than yesterday. And not as down today, so it seems like they are intune with eachother, but i dont know. The past week I've gotten maybe 25-30 hours of sleep, which is terrible considering i went thru withdrawl and havent been able to fall asleep lately.. idky. I try melotonin and pm pills they dont work as well as they used to.

2. I dont think its a headache, but then I dont know. Just imagine having sinus pressure, like pink ur nose between ur eyes. that pressure is in like the middle of my head, brain it feels like.
All i know is that it doesn't occur when i first wake up, or within like an hour after i wake up, but slowly and gradually along the day its gets more and more pressurized. Then at night when im in bed on the laptop, its still sorta there, but my thoughts are not down , probably cause i know its the end of the day ?

i MAY have figured out a reason for this feeling. I could be wrong, but this is what I think... The feeling moved from the middle of my brain to the like front side of my forhead it feels like it now. Im thinking it has something to do with my sinuses and its all related to my ears, nose, throat stuff. Because ive had tubes put in my ears twice and both times it hasnt worked, ive been getting ear infections periodically for a while now, never been to the ear doctor in a while. and my ears always pop and i have to like unpop them and when i unpop them i like sniff through my nose and i feel liek that is attributing to my sinuses?

Does anyone know what im talking about here, does it make sense?

jamesmartin , do u have any problems with ur ears, or sinuses?

Well from what you've described I'd be inclined to say it could possibly be related to sinus or ear problems, or even muscular tension headaches, which is why I asked if you think it's a headache kinda feeling. Do you wear glasses? If not, do you think you might need them? Also, how's your posture when you sit at the computer etc?

The other thing I noticed is that you're taking a helluva lot of different supplements, some of which kinda overlap purposes, and some of which could very well be interacting with each other in a negative way. St Johns Wort is the one that sticks out the most, I'd definitely ask your doctor about that.

Are you still going to see your doctor, by the way?

I would suggest (more likely, feeling of depression etc):

The cardinal symptom of hypotension is lightheadedness or dizziness. If the blood pressure is sufficiently low, fainting and often seizures will occur.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypotension

or (doubtful, but I doesn t hurt to mention it anyway... would fit with the symptom that you don t feel it in the morning )

Chronic sinusitis, by definition, lasts longer than three months and can be caused by many different diseases that share chronic inflammation of the sinuses as a common symptom. Symptoms of chronic sinusitis may include any combination of the following: nasal congestion, facial pain, headache, night-time coughing, an increase in previously minor or controlled asthma symptoms, general malaise, thick green or yellow discharge, feeling of facial 'fullness' or 'tightness' that may worsen when bending over, dizziness, aching teeth, and/or halitosis.[citation needed] Each of these symptoms has multiple other causes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinusitis

^^ Yep, both are definitely possibilities.

Only a doctor will be able to diagnose definitively though, of course.

Well from what you've described I'd be inclined to say it could possibly be related to sinus or ear problems, or even muscular tension headaches, which is why I asked if you think it's a headache kinda feeling. Do you wear glasses? If not, do you think you might need them? Also, how's your posture when you sit at the computer etc?

The other thing I noticed is that you're taking a helluva lot of different supplements, some of which kinda overlap purposes, and some of which could very well be interacting with each other in a negative way. St Johns Wort is the one that sticks out the most, I'd definitely ask your doctor about that.

Are you still going to see your doctor, by the way?

Well Unforturnately I missed my appointment today because I thought my mom was going to wake me up and I finally have been getting better nights sleep. So i haven't gone, but hopefully will be able to go friday or possibly tommorow.

But on the supplements note, I'm going to bring them all to my pharmacist and see what they think about taking whichever together, and what I shouldn't take along with my klonopin. I would bring them to the docotor but I dont think the doctor would have enough time to go through every single thing with me.

I would suggest (more likely, feeling of depression etc):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypotension

or (doubtful, but I doesn t hurt to mention it anyway... would fit with the symptom that you don t feel it in the morning )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinusitis
But I'm starting to think its the second one.

I dont know what happen but today was the most depressed i've ever felt in my life. I started my job today, slept okay last night, got like 6 or 7 hours of sleep maybe. work was fine, wasnt hard or stresful but at work from 7-3 this feeling in my head just got progresively worse and worse and my depressive feeling just got worse and worse. I feel like my head is going to explode with depression, thats what it feels like.

i never cry, i never felt like i needed help or wanted to go to a phsyiciatrist or doctor get anti-depressants, but i really really feel like something is mentally wrong with me and there is nothing i can do about it. I haven absolutely no reason to be depression, i have a good family, house, car, money, looks. and im just so depressed. I could never kill myself, but im so scared that i dont know what i might do one day, if one day something happens and i do. i dont wanna die, but at the same time is feeling so unberable i dont know what to do.

im only 19 and i just dont know what to do anymore. I stopped doing opaites and withdrawl is gone, but even during withdrawl i didnt feel NEARLY this bad, ive felt close to this before in hte past when i was put on Lexapro and that didnt work at all. So i dont know what to do.. the only thing that slightly helps is St johns wort.

I wanted to go to the movies, and had to go get my dad a gift today. now i dont want to talk to anyone, i dont wanna go anywhere, i dont want anything to do with anything. i hate it so much , i wanna be normal, i wanna go out like someone my age does. have fun, but i cant.

ive taken st johns wort since that last post, i feel better not alot but enough to be content now and not seriously depressed. not sure if it was st johns wort, or whatever. but i dont know why this is all hapenning really.

could it be the lack of sleep? sleep schedule? i used to wake up at liek 2pm or whenevr i wanted, now i have to get up at like 7 to go to work. Do u think sleep has some to do with it? Along with lymes disease?

I know they both can contribute a good amount to it, but even without those two there is definitely something not right.

i think i might be experiencing the same weird head feeling as you guys... in the beginning it appeared along with feeling of regret or failure, when i did someting wrong in my opinion, something which was not easy to undo. did you guys somehow manage to overcome it, how do you do now?

I believe I have something similar to this as well but it is constant. I feel it when I wake and throughout the day. Lately I have been getting pressure in my ears as well. I first noticed this after a DXM trip and pretty much conclude that the drug caused it. I am still suffering for 3 months. Do not know what to do.

I'm 18 and have this all the time, especially right now. I don't know what it is, whether it causes my depression or is a symptom of it. Feels like pressure in the centre of my head and i constantly feel too tired to do anything.

I wonder if it has anything to do with my sleep schedule. I used to be extremely sleep deprived from staying up all night playing computer games. I never want to go out and associate with people my age, i can't be bothered putting in the effort, even though i know i can.

Sick of feeling mentally drained

To the 3 posters above me:

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice other than to go to your doctors and get checked out. Unless somebody else here has suffered the same thing and got a conclusive diagnosis at some point, then that's all that we can do to help really. Of course, we can discuss this to see if anyone experienced it and has some tips or knowledge on it, but I urge you to go to your doctors. It could be many things, really.

Take care

Hey man i got the same exact feeling at right around the same age. I was also in the same place as you, no reason to be depressed, good family, good friends, looks, job and all thattt good stuff. Its not so much depression as it is anxiety. But the thing is that anxiety can lead to feelings of depression.

Does it feel like your kinda just walkin around in a fog and feel generally disconnected from everything, sluggish and slow? This is what i felt like when my anxiety started and the feeling in my head began. I later figured out that i had a depersonalization thing going on. Look into depersonalization and you will prolly relate to most of the symptoms. Anxiety, depression and depersonalization are all related.

I got out of this fog in a pretty short time actually. I quit using marijuana, tried to eat as healthy as possible, excercise, fish oil, strong b complex and 5 htp.

Focus on getting rid of the anxiety and the rest of the feelings will disappear along with it.

Edit: Just realized the actual OP was a whilee ago but i suppose the 3 of you could use this info if yall check back in.

Last edited:
highhooked, would you mind going into a little more detail on how exactly you managed to get past this and beat the anxiety?

I have suffered anxiety for years and also have the foggy, disconnected feeling you describe, and it's always nice to hear of other's tools to beating this, and it's always good to learn!