• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Why Does Libido Surge During Opiate Withdrawal?

I can jack off six times in a row during suboxone withdrawals. I'm talking pedicures on our toes, toes..

God I hate that song.

I'm talking like within 20 seconds of jacking off the previous time I am ready to go again. Even by the sixth time, when my dick is a giant, wed noodle, i can still have an orgasm.

HATE that song also haha...
experiencing it right now.... kinda good but sucks still bc you know your still in w/d ha:|

tell you this much, I was running 750mg test suspension every week for awhile during damn withdrawals and everything was balanced. Also had a few other anabolic and androgenics in me.

But otherwise, forget it, things a waste of space during withdrawals.

tell you this much, I was running 750mg test suspension every week for awhile during damn withdrawals and everything was balanced. Also had a few other anabolic and androgenics in me.

But otherwise, forget it, things a waste of space during withdrawals.

can you elaborate please? This is a topic of some interest to me, but I'm trying to understand what you said. You did a cycle of what during withdrawal from what? What were the effects? Did your cycle run into the post-acute period of the withdrawal? Did you do PCT? What condition were you in after concluding the cycle and after the withdrawals ceased?

thanks

when I kicked methadone I grabbed a bunch of HGH , and aqua test (testosterone suspension, 3 IM shots a day, not nice but when you can't sit around for an ester....). I was on I believe 220mg , at 180 ? or around that area I started suspension, next day I walked out of the clinic and was a punk ass kid about it...

Now here's what I know, HGH absolutely speeds withdrawals up, testosterone in any form will produce a better feeling of well being and confidence - draw back esp in my shoes, I have real rotten ptsd. If you suffer from any mental condition, I recommend never juicing (mind you I will never take this advice and never stop). But here are the logistics behind why I recommend stopping anything anabolic in this case test: simplest way to go is that any opiate / opoid + steroids = stroke. I've seen it happen at 24, 32, and week and half ago my boy died in the gym ... I didn't even bring it up here cuz honestly im so fucking sick of death and i handle it like shit.

Let everything clear you out , if you can HGH I highly recommend or a growth hormone releasing peptide like GHRP2 which is perfectly legal and cheap (gives you around 3ius at 300mcg everyday) substitute for HGH.

HGH duplicates cells , sure most people have heard this - but I know at least 4 opiate addictions / past addicts who now swear on peptides for recovery purpose, i can also tell you this, steroids are no bullshit. If you are under 21 as a man, I wouldn't recommend using anything yet as it CAN (mind you doesn't always I was 14 when football introduced me to steroids) close your growth plates.
I'm in post acute withdrawal right now, the SECOND I can go back to the gym I'll be on
week - 1.35 grams of supertest450 (more potent sustanon)
week - 400mg of tren enth
everyday 25mg of dianabol.
everyday insulin , HGH 4ius , GHRP2 300mcg , IGF1LR3 50mcg - peptides never stop cept GH after bout 9 months the carpel tunnel is too much.
these three compounds have always given me a sense of well being. Tren makes me aggressive and dianabol, well I respond best mentally and physically to the compound. Shame because my liver ALT values are around 600-900 when I run it for 4 weeks. I'll switch things up to test cyp at 800mg a week and masteron/prop/tren blend 100mg / ml - 1cc every other day - 40mg of anavar (yup summer cycle). Why bother writing this all out - because seriously this keeps me that less tempted to touch heroin. I'm not a saint, but I think twice big time, people who love me, those I love, and my body is in a place that it cannot handle it frankly.

I have hundreds of different work out charts I've made, also nutrition guides, if you want to plan something out I'll gladly help - I can advise in regards to steroids and I will rest assured that I have 8 years, 6 of which I moderated with juice. My best advice is not too touch it frankly. But if you would like too - please contact me - are a chemist / science guy in these regards bro ??

Now here's what I know, HGH absolutely speeds withdrawals up

Interesting. Naltrexone causes an increase in GH (endogenous). I wonder if withdrawal does the same. Or if a body in withdrawal is especially sensitive to GH.

Libido surges during SSRI withdrawal too. Serotonin mainly and opioids have the effect of decreasing the bodies primitive urges like sex, and I guess when you get off of them theirs a rebound effect.
This is the correct answer

Day 2 wd not craving sex craving orgasm...multiples aren't a new thing but....6 in a row is pretty fucking insane...it only helps for about 1 minute. -_- I'm gonna exercise and do everything else I possibly can to get those endorphines going..

TESTOSTERONE: I was actually given a strong testosterone cream by my detox/suboxone doc when I told him I kept feeling weaker every week and he said this will "really offest so many of your low energy type symptoms. I use it myself!" Bottom line, after 3 weeks I felt worse not better. My regular doctor tested my blood, testosterone was normal and said that testosterone would not help at all if Im normal. So what do I do? I keep trying to quit for 2 more years and cant, so i finally get my regular doc to let me try the test. cream again and again it did nothing to help my energy or remove any of the symptoms of PAWS in any way at all for opiates. So brilliant me goes out and gets some injectable testosterone which is much stronger called Sustanon and even at 500mg per week, it did absolutely nothing to help me decrease my dosage by even the tiniest amount. I did gain 10 pounds though, but since I wasnt really energized to work out(I thought the test. might rewverse the opiates in that area)I was only in the gym like 15 min a day for like 8 sets and that aint cutting it. So I gained 10 pounds of water weight and btw...also consumed much more protein via regular food and whey protein shakes and that surprisingly did nothing either. But....as far as protein goes, I find that if I do not eat enough protein as Im trying to stick to mostly fruits and hi fiber cereals as a steady diet since you get soooo constipated from the tramadols, I find with only 1-2 small protein meals a day, I feel spacey and unable to concentrate and my insomnia gets worse. I felt 30 grams a day of high quality fish and egg protein was plenty but I guess not! So when on the sustanon I went up to over 100 grams of protein a day at 172lbs. 5'10, and it just stopped the spaciness. Did nothing to help my energy. So, what do I do about diet? LOW PROTEIN MAKES ME SPACE OUT AND NOT SLEEP WELL, AND HIGH PROTEIN JUST MAKES ME CONSTIPATED. EVEN when not on opiates the reaction was the same to all of the above scenarios. I must have chronic fatigue syndrome which if God forbid you have low energy to begin with and you get hooked on opiates.......

i've always wondered this. right now i am going through w/d (using suboxone) and i get that same thing. its like your libido overtakes your brain.

when females w/d are their sex drives affected?

To answer your question, even though I can only speak for myself, YES females do experience increased libido during opiate W/D. Having an orgasm in the middle of full blown W/D provides some major relief, although it doesn't last more than a few seconds. Every time I W/D I get soaking wet even without thinking about sex. Since it is not only possible but also easy to have multiple orgasms in a short period of time, I masturbate until I physically can't anymore to provide the most relief.

I did not know that men experience the same thing & I find it fascinating! And to think I thought I was just crazy...

Hi Seep ! I'm wondering the same thing ! I'm a female , btw . I was on methadone 5 yrs. Switched to suboxone too quick and experienced the WORST HELL IMAGINABLE ! As a glass half full kinda gal , I focused on my extreme horniness and the ability to simply cross my legs and stiffen my body @ just the right angle and have instant orgasms ! Had 3 orgasms without even touching myself in an hour's time ! Long story short , ended up on subs again after 1 yr clean and I have such a hard time with orgasm . Always been highly orgasmic unless I'm on long term opioid maintenance . Then , I'm STILL HORNY , but takes FOREVER to get off ! My guy is amazing and keeps up til I'm satisfied , but I feel bad for the poor guy ( he enjoys pleasing me ) ! I just wish I knew what made that happen ! I'm obsessed with having my easy orgasms back ! I need maintenance meds . I'm an addict through and through . Sub keeps me where I wanna be and away from street drugs . I'm on 3/4 to a full strip a day (8mg strip) . Did you figure it out ? I found that opiates reduce androgens . Gonna try DHEA . Have testosterone cream that I just started using . Helps a little so far . Oxytocin nasal spray is supposed to help too . Please let me know if you found anything interesting to help . Thanks :)

Wow ! You too ! We need to figure this out and find a way to create a medication or herbal remedy for people on opiate maintenance who can't orgasm . I feel I need a maintenance med because I always end up back on them after up to a year of being perfectly clean ( except for beer n weed ).The suboxone keeps me off street drugs ( I go to a clinic and jump through the required hoops for it ) and cuts down alcohol consumption . I love sex and want to enjoy it without wearing my poor boyfriend out ! He's the BEST LOVER I've ever had ! I feel bad for taking ages to get off ! I , myself have felt inadequate when it took forever for a guy to get off . He understands it's the subs , but if he could get ahold of me without subs , he'd know I can normally orgasm in 5-10 minutes ! Not 30-45 ! LOL . Sometimes can't get off at all if I'm too worried about it ! Keep thinking , " Almost , almost ... Uuuggghhh !

With DHEA one needs to be wary as with women too much can lead to some androgenicity through conversion to too much testosterone in a female. Even within testosterone increase one would likely only elevate their libido, so if that is not an issue then best to certainly not push the DHEA.

Try sildenafil or tadalafil and you may need to be a little more in the 'right zone' positionally and mentally, whereas prior such may not have been an issue. As well, you need to try to let go of feeling pressure to have an orgasm, as hard as that is, as that just creates more anorgasmia via situational/mental reponse. Worrying about it is about the best way to maintain anorgasmia, so hopefully if you and your boyfriend communicate well you can try a way to take it off the table as far as "it has to happen".

Interesting..I'm currently taking oxycontin, 40mg twice day...Been on them nearly 3 years for back pain..I'm an above knee amputee.(have been for 20 years) and since my leg was amputated I have kept myself busy for 18 years landscaping renovating. My Back finally went. Anyway, enough of that shit...I cannot, for the life of me have an orgasm while on these meds. I had a brief period of bout 7 days where I was down to a low dose and finally, could orgasm. I do abuse them on and off..stupid game of up for 2 weeks then weaning down for 2. Have spent loads money to get high over my usual dose. I'm female...thought I'd mention that...Another interesting thing...I'm going through menopause, in my 3rd year...for some strange reason , since I started taking oxycontin My night sweats and hot flushes have decreased heaps...I'd like to find out if it's the oxy...

Interesting..I'm currently taking oxycontin, 40mg twice day...Been on them nearly 3 years for back pain..I'm an above knee amputee.(have been for 20 years) and since my leg was amputated I have kept myself busy for 18 years landscaping renovating. My Back finally went. Anyway, enough of that shit...I cannot, for the life of me have an orgasm while on these meds. I had a brief period of bout 7 days where I was down to a low dose and finally, could orgasm. I do abuse them on and off..stupid game of up for 2 weeks then weaning down for 2. Have spent loads money to get high over my usual dose. I'm female...thought I'd mention that...Another interesting thing...I'm going through menopause, in my 3rd year...for some strange reason , since I started taking oxycontin My night sweats and hot flushes have decreased heaps...I'd like to find out if it's the oxy...

Opioids cause a huge loss of hormones in your body. This probably explains why.

Opiates increase prolactin levels while decreasing testosterone levels; testosterone rebounds after the cessation of opiates.

There's a lot of studies here: http://www.idmu.co.uk/opiatesex.htm

Buprenorphine doesn't effect testosterone levels but does decrease sexual activity IME

I think that the easiest explanation is that the body is craving an endorphin release; which becomes a palpable way of attaining it in withdrawal.

Much as one's desire recedes after an orgasm; while high on opiates, one is normally predisposed to not having any sexual activity (though this isn't everyone's experience, of course)

Buprenorphine doesn't effect testosterone levels but does decrease sexual activity IME

I think that the easiest explanation is that the body is craving an endorphin release; which becomes a palpable way of attaining it in withdrawal.

Much as one's desire recedes after an orgasm; while high on opiates, one is normally predisposed to not having any sexual activity (though this isn't everyone's experience, of course)

Have you had your T levels measured before and after bup or just going off of how you felt? That's really interesting if bup doesn't suppress T levels at all, and great for users.

Right now, I'm going "cool turkey" after a run on heroin and other opiates and am experiencing some of this. The idea of making drug that triggers the libido, intensity, and hair-trigger, basically stepping it up to that of an 12 year old boy, is interesting. But I wouldn't want to pay the price for this drug. The pain that goes along with WDs. And the hyper-active libido was one of the reasons that being 12 years old sucked, but that's only my own experience. I don't know.

Hormones, chemicals....too many to name have soooo much to do with a lot of this. I have read many replies to this & I agree with many. Ok, as said, opiates (&maoi's, ssri's to a somewhat different degree) supress much of a body's normal function. Appetite, pain response, slow bowels, libido, histamine reaction time, ...the list goes on. During WD your brain is not only confusing itself, your natural chemicals are trying to hyperdrive. There are several reasons for this to happen. Lets stick with one. It is fight or flight. While everything hurts, anxiety is horrible, sneezing fits, NO energy, yet, there is a drive for climax. Climax is not unlike the other symtoms in its intensity. However, the chemicals produced during climax have been supressed. You are not used to feeling this way naturally anymore so it seems odd. It is a small dose of healthy endorphines that your body has been lacking. Whats odd is that it will not go away as some say. You will just get used to it again. It seems heightened because its been a while since your brain was 'allowed' to release those chemicals freely & naturally. Now, age, dependency, any mental illness or other meds may still play a part. As I said, too many to name. When talking strickly opiate WD, I am not wrong. There is a wealth of more info out there. I only tapped into your exact question. Not to sound creepy, but it may significantly help to experience 'release' (through intercourse or masterbation) a few times a day while the WD is most unbearable if you can and feel that 'urge'. I hope this helps. Good luck to you!!

I just find it insane how helpful all of these threads have been. I've been going threw withdrawl this last past week. Spending 400 a month on any percs I could get driving hours to get em on top of the 90 20s I get a month. Plus hydros 20 when I get them just totally rock bottom. But I've been taking lyrica Gabapentin and imoduim and busting a nut as much as possible lol i wasn't a fan of the imoduim the lyrica helps just super hungry. But the best of it all is busting a nut and no pain and happiness for a minute but let's just say the.cravings are the hardest it sucks.

Yeah curious myself though I see this is an old post but I know it was the body searching for something in the brain and yes withdrawal...made tending to these needs helpful every min was taking care of the problem ?