• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

butalbital with codeine

psynirvana01

Bluelighter
ok so i got butalbital pills with 50 mgs. of butalbital, 30 mgs. of codeine, and 40 mgs. of caffeine....
i'm wondering how many mgs. of butalbital it will take me to get high, i've tried 100 mgs. before and it didnt do much....

i'm thinking about trying 200 mgs. of butalbital with 240 mgs. of codeine and 160 mgs. of caffeine, will this get me very high? im worried about the caffeine fucking everything thing up and making me feel more sober. basically i just wanna know how much butalbital to get high cuz i know a recreational dose isn't very far from a lethal dose. so is 200 mgs. of butalbital and 240 mgs. of codeine enough or should i bump up another 50 mgs of butalbital or something.

Butalbital is a rather weak barbiturate, even less potent than Phenobarbital, which is pretty impotent IMO. You should expect more of an effect from the Codeine than the Butalbital, which will produce some CNS depressant effects on it's own, but will also act as a potentiater for the Codeine. It depends on your tolerance.

240mg Codeine and 200mg Butalbital for someone with a large tolerance to opiates, and let's say benzos as well, would feel little more than a buzz, if that from that amount. But for someone who has no tolerance, that amount would be dangerous.

even with some tolerance, I don't like the idea of over 200mg codeine plus barbs..myself. I use the same with CWEed. Because tolerance is hard to gauge, period.

Butalbital is a rather weak barbiturate, even less potent than Phenobarbital, which is pretty impotent IMO. You should expect more of an effect from the Codeine than the Butalbital, which will produce some CNS depressant effects on it's own, but will also act as a potentiater for the Codeine. It depends on your tolerance.

240mg Codeine and 200mg Butalbital for someone with a large tolerance to opiates, and let's say benzos as well, would feel little more than a buzz, if that from that amount. But for someone who has no tolerance, that amount would be dangerous.

well i have a somewhat of a naturally high opiate tolerance.... i have taken up to 60 mgs. of hydrocodone although i did get sick i was otherwise fine.. usually takes me 45 mgs. to get where i like ....so 240 mgs. of codeine equals 36 mgs. of hydro so i think i'll be ok...i dont think this amount seems very dangerous because i'm not taking that much barbs, idk i might up the barb dosage by 50 mgs. but am not sure considering i am getting extra CNS depressant effects with the codeine so it might be dangerous but idk...anybody with any advice please share.

If you cwe then run the cwe water through actived charcoal it'll get the caffeine out. But the caffeine is there for a reason not to sedate you so much.

If you cwe then run the cwe water through actived charcoal it'll get the caffeine out. But the caffeine is there for a reason not to sedate you so much.

goddamit i knew the caffeine would sober me up...i dont want to go through all that hassle though... i think i'll still be able to get somewhat fucked up tonite.

no caffeine is in there to help with tension headaches btw.
basically i just want you guys to tell me a recreational butalbital dose so i know where to start and so i know how much to mix with my codeine.

100-150mg butalbital gets me high. But it only lasts about 30 minutes because of the caffeine. 150mg or so of codeine would probably get you a little higher.

100-150mg butalbital gets me high. But it only lasts about 30 minutes because of the caffeine. 150mg or so of codeine would probably get you a little higher.

yeah thats way to little to do much to me....so does the caffeine really fuck it up that bad? i was thinking that if i took enough butalbital and codeine it would basically negate the effects of caffeine because they are both "strong" depressants compared to caffeine which is a really weak stimulant, hence overpowering the caffeine...i just dont know

I ate 200mg today out of curiosity, i have the ones without codiene for my migranes, its just kinda spacy, but i bet it would be nice with added codiene, the caffiene doest make much of a difference IMO

alright well took 200 mgs. of butalbital with 240 mgs. of codeine, and 160 of caffeine... i dont even know if i felt the butalbital but i mostly felt the codeine...was very weak, and i think caffeine sobered me up a bit as i felt more once caffeine wore off...this shit sucks i felt like i could have taken wayyyy more. idk what you guys are talking about saying 100 mgs. does something

Dosing questions belong in Basic Drug Discussion.

As for your asking about why people are saying 100mg of butalbital gets them high... it's because everyone reacts differently to drugs. You have to take that into account when reading people's experiences and doses. Some people are lightweights, some can take a bit more then others.

OD===>BDD

As for your asking about why people are saying 100mg of butalbital gets them high... it's because everyone reacts differently to drugs. You have to take that into account when reading people's experiences and doses. Some people are lightweights, some can take a bit more then others.

OD===>BDD

yeah maybe if your a 11 year old girl

Took 4 (legitamitely, have pretty bad migraines) and shortly after hit a grav and drank a beer (I can't back up the latter two medicinally as much). The thought that went through my head (as I was rather fucked at this point) was, I can not get any more high at this point. lol.. it was enjoyable though.. was very fucked up.

actually the caffeine is there as a vasoconstrictor, which means in makes you blood vessles shrink which alleviates the tension headache. It does makes you less drowsy as well, but that's not why it's in there

why are all the threads i'm reading in BDD tonight not related to harm reduction....???

the point of this thread is "how to get high"- and that's not what bluelight is about at all.

:\

^ Asking for a safe dose before using a substance isn't harm reduction? Really? People should just start gobbling anything and everything now, fuck research, education, and safe drug usage (see harm reduction?) ;)

@hello: If you've been here long enough to have over 200 posts and still don't realize how this is harm reduction, you're clearly doing something wrong.

why are all the threads i'm reading in BDD tonight not related to harm reduction....???

the point of this thread is "how to get high"- and that's not what bluelight is about at all.

:\

It's not how to get high, It's how to use this preparation in particular safely.

Just wanted to add my experience with Butalbital. I find 150 mg as the lowest amount I can take for a noticeable effect. Even taking larger doses doesn't do much accept produce "a noticeable effect." It should be noted, however, that I take tramadol (very large amounts) and clonazepam daily so I have somewhat of a tolerance to opiods and benzos.

IMO this is a potentially dangerous drug to use recreationally. Weak barb. Tolerance develops quickly. One would find themselves having to take a ridiculous amount and this would become extremely unsafe as you may get into the danger zone without feeling that high at all.