• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benadryl Tablet vs. Capsule

KinoTheBlueElf

Greenlighter
I've noticed at WalMart they carry both bottles of 100 generic Benadryls in either capsule or tablet form. Both are 25mg. I am wondering if there is any difference between them.

Not really, tbh. Maybe a slight increase in absorption speed for the capsule but both are essentially equivalent in all aspects other than packaging of the diphenhydramine.

Not gonna be any noticeable difference. Buy whichever one is cheaper.

Not really, tbh. Maybe a slight increase in absorption speed for the capsule but both are essentially equivalent in all aspects other than packaging of the diphenhydramine.

yeah, this. and there will be differences in the makeup of binders/fillers and the aqueous capsules.

^Or open the capsule, empty contents, separate into two equal piles for same effect. Don't ask why I know this... Stupid days abusing diphenhydramine for a shitty "trip" aka delirium. Easier drinking a cup of water with powder in it, then swallowing dozens of pills. Ugh what was I thinking back then...?

Yea apparently the younger me enjoyed sitting on my couch for 8 hrs, eyes closed, living out ridiculously illogical fantasies like game shows and giant parties with people who mysteriously arrived w/o my knowledge. Never questioning a single damn thing too haha. Ever read a list of songs in iTunes like a story, plotline (insane as hell) and everything? Cuz somehow I made that possible, lol. Oh yea and mouth so dry you could put some Gatorade in there, it turns back to powder mix, like what the hell?

^Or open the capsule, empty contents, separate into two equal piles for same effect. Don't ask why I know this... Stupid days abusing diphenhydramine for a shitty "trip" aka delirium. Easier drinking a cup of water with powder in it, then swallowing dozens of pills. Ugh what was I thinking back then...?

I've done that a few times, no fun with a hangover after. I use it mostly to potentiate opiates in doses up to about 100mg now.

Yea apparently the younger me enjoyed sitting on my couch for 8 hrs, eyes closed, living out ridiculously illogical fantasies like game shows and giant parties with people who mysteriously arrived w/o my knowledge. Never questioning a single damn thing too haha. Ever read a list of songs in iTunes like a story, plotline (insane as hell) and everything? Cuz somehow I made that possible, lol. Oh yea and mouth so dry you could put some Gatorade in there, it turns back to powder mix, like what the hell?

I one time got going real good on that stuff, 500mg I think, the TV was on a no signal screen, Full color cartoons suddenly came on it. Other times when the TV was muted and something like family guy was on, My mind was making up whatever they where saying on the show. There has been other time when I'd get up and go do something, like get a drink or putting a DVD on, only seconds later to realize that I was still laying in bed with my eyes shut.

I've noticed at WalMart they carry both bottles of 100 generic Benadryls in either capsule or tablet form. Both are 25mg. I am wondering if there is any difference between them.

The only difference would be a personal one.
Eg. I prefer taking tablets to capsules.
Capsules just don't go down as easily as tablets. (For me that is)

never noticed a difference, and i've been taking dph for years now. more recently, i have gotten my hands on hydroxyzine which blows diphen out of the water IMO

The only difference would be a personal one.
Eg. I prefer taking tablets to capsules.
Capsules just don't go down as easily as tablets. (For me that is)

I kind of like the capsule a little better because the tablets seem to have a weird taste sometimes.

You can also get the generic diphenhydramine gel capsules which are sold as sleep aids here. You can get either the regular strength 25mg ones or the extra strength 50mg ones and they are usually cheaper then the generic allergy formula stuff that is just no name diphenhydramine. I have no idea why sleep aids would be cheaper then allergy meds even with the same ingredient in both of them but it may have to do with the fact that there are about 6 different brand names and i don't know how many different generics all sold as sleep aids all with diphenhydramine in them. Also the allergy formula only comes in 25mg pills usually while the sleep aids come in 50mg doses. With the gel capsules you can bite into it and the liquid comes out (this tastes awful :! ) which you can then chug down with whatever strong tasting drink you have. This way it does kick in abit faster as the pill does not have to dissolve in your stomach.

Speaking of dumb shit i once snorted 50mg's of diphenhydramine in a effort to rid myself of the awful opiate itches caused by taking too much codeine. I can't remember if it worked or not but it burned so much that the itching was no longer my biggest problem 8(

paranoid android said:
Speaking of dumb shit i once snorted 50mg's of diphenhydramine in a effort to rid myself of the awful opiate itches caused by taking too much codeine. I can't remember if it worked or not but it burned so much that the itching was no longer my biggest problem
I've put benadryl spray on a Q-tip and rubbed it on the inside of my nose. Opiates make my nose itch the worst, that worked for about 5 minutes.

I agree with paranoid android, soft gels seem to kick in quicker particularly when bitten open. Also bit into it and my mouth went numb.

I wish more street drugs came in soft gels.

Haven't noticed a difference between tablets and capsules, maybe the capsules were slightly better.