• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

I love this website because I would have never even considered plugging cuz of what anyone might think or just stickin anything up there in general. The first drug I ever plugged was lorazepam. Plugged 4mg and it was amazing. Tried pluggin oxycontin after that and it was AMAZING. I can't wait for the day I get my hands on some morphine, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, or some other opiates I've never had the chance to plug only snort/eat.

i've been plugging amphetamine for a few weeks, almost every other day, and now i have terrible diarrhea stopping. anyone shed any proffessional light on it (related?)

("will it spray through me fingers, or run down me legs", I'll never shit solid again, Kevin bloody wilson

Remember to lay on your side when you plug and stay there for a good 20mins. Give your thirsty butt hole some time to absorb the goods :)

If anyone tells you that you don't have to lay down they are wrong. Besides, laying down will not hurt anything (not to mention its more relaxing), while NOT laying down you will run the risk of wasting your dose.

I'd say for almost any size pill, 5ml of water should be enough. Use enough to make it a liquid, not a paste or goo, but don't overdo it - no need to ram a pint up there.

Speaking of which, don't plug alcohol. Just don't.

Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Mega Thread

Some medications have a low oral bioavailability, meaning that that only a small amount of the drug will make it into your bloodstream. One way to get more out of some medications is to plugging, a route of administration which allows a much greater bioavailability for many drugs (See the Bioavailability mega-thread to see which substances may benefit from this ROA.)

This guide is intended to explain this process and answer basic questions.

Supplies Needed:

- An oral syringe (or a regular syringe with the needle removed)
(These can be obtained in any pharmacy, either from the shelf or behind the counter. They’re commonly referred to as an ‘oral syringe’ or ‘infant syringe’)
- Water (usually 1-5ml depending on how many pills you have. The less water the better.)
- Drugs

Preparing yourself:

You’ll want to use the bathroom before plugging. You may also choose to use a saline enema to make sure you’re sufficiently cleaned out. The more cleaned out you are the better, as this will result in the drug going into your bloodstream rather than absorbing into faecal material.

Preparing the drug:

1. Take the tablets you intend to plug and crush them up in a small container.

2. Use the oral syringe to draw up water.

3. Mix the water with the crushed up tablets.

4. Draw the mixture back up into the syringe.

5. Use vaseline (or any other common lubricant) to lubricate the end up the oral syringe. Be sure to lubricate from the end to where the barrel of the syringe begins to widen.

The plugging process:

There are several different ways to do this. The most comfortable position may be different for you, so you will need to find whatever works best for you personally.

1. Get undressed from the waist down.

2. Lay on your side (preferably the side opposite of your dominant hand).

3. Raise your leg (the one opposite the side you’re laying on.

4. With the syringe in your dominant hand, find your anus.

5. Insert the syringe. You only need to go to the syringe’s base, typically a couple of inches in.

6. Press the plunger down all the way.

7. Wait several seconds, and then slowly remove the syringe

Now what?

You’ll need to lay on your stomach/side for several minutes in order for your body to have time to absorb the medication. 5-10 minutes (depending on the amount of water used) is good.

Last edited:
Yo, I jus "butted" fentanyl gel an its feeln great. It was quick easy, not messy,with great results. First timer. I'm no longer a virgin, HaHa. Something I won't get totally comfi with. lol

I just started plugging a couple weeks ago...what a god send! My morphine sulfate pills were rough on my stomach, took forever to hit me, and gave me the itchies...sucky. So, I took the plunge(no pun intended) and tried the plug. The ms hit me a lot quicker and a lot harder...and the itchies weren't anywhere near as bad. I have to go the pain center tomorrow morning for a steroid injection in my neck, but once I get home, the rest of my pills are taking the plunge!

May I point out that these days a device called a "lube shooter" can be easily obtained from Adult Stores and internet traders (including Amazon).
The advantage is the rounded tip which makes it easier to insert.
A lube shooter contains about 4 to 5 ml of liquid when filled, so if your drug mix is dilute you may need to use two applications.

After reading the above again, going to the bathroom will be sufficient to empty the rectum. There is usually little faecal material in the rectum. An enema will tend to bring more material down from further up. I don't advise using chemical enemas either (e.g. Fleet). These provoke a motion by using irritants. Frequent use may cause longer term irritation.
The advice to use as little water as possible is based on a misconception.
In fact a more dilute solution will be absorbed more quickly as the contact area will be greater.
Of course you don't need to squirt a pint up there, but anything up to 10 ml (= 1 cc) is going to be fine.
Lubricating the anus itself is more effective than lubricating the syringe. Also if the syringe is covered in slippery lube it will be more difficult to handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have hemmorhoids would that cause substance to be absorbed quicker? Would it have a stronger effect? Could it cause overdose?

I know people that have had good results with plugging various opiates. I've never had the need or desire to as of yet, but I have considered it as I already have the equipment angle covered.

Yay for plugging! After modifying cars anal drug taking is my favorite hobby, hands down (har har). I know there are other "official" plugging threads, so what led to a mod of all people to create this one? And in the project forum? What gives?

I am CONSTANTLY preaching the benefits of plugging over in the "other drugs" area. A lot of heroin users have trouble IVing, so I suggest they try plugging, which gives you 90% of the IV high but none of the risks.

Most importantly, I suggest that EVERYONE, even IV experts, need to try it at least once. Aside from the fact that all drug users should experiment and try new things, if an IV user discovers he/she likes the high from a good plug, it gives them a chance to hang up the needle, which is always a good choice (I have nothing against IV, I do it every day, but I enjoyed my days of plugging even more).

I plugged dilaudid every day for 18 months, and only stopped because my tolerance got to the point where IV was the only ROA that worked at all for me anymore.

But plugging was a far better experience. People love the rush of IV dilaudid/hydromorphone, but they all agree that after that first minute, you're basically left high and dry with almost nothing to show for it.

Plugged opiates are bliss. When I plugged dilaudid, it was the perfect high; it took maybe 7-10 mins for it to start working, and from that point on the "rush" was a slow, 10 or 15 minute experience of feeling it kick in - it was like someone slowly began to wrap me in the world's softest electric blanket, with the "warm and fuzzies" traveling from head to toe. Imagine taking that intense 30 second rush you get from IV and playing it back in slow motion over the course of 10 minutes.

It feels that good.

After the "rush," you can feel the high slowly settle down into a really nice place - you get that trademark opiate "floaty" feeling and for the next 2 hours or so you've got a smile on your face as you walk a few inches above the ground.

It feels great and, much to my delight, it kept on going for a year and a half (my usual dose was 8mg). It was really strange how my tolerance kicked in almost literally overnight; it wasn't like I slowly was becoming less and less high - one day it just stopped working, and no matter how much D I crammed up there (I liquified 40mg once) it just wouldn't get me high anymore.

So I switched to IV which is ok but I'd happily trade in my needle for that oral syringe in a heartbeat.

The last time I had a good plug was a few months ago, when I lucked into a fentanyl patch. I squeezed out the goo, mixed it as best I could in 10ml of warm water and squirted it in through the out door... And for one more evening I was back in heaven (it's ironic, since most druggies would trade their left nut for the monthly supply of dilaudid I get for my back pain, but I'd trade it all in for a few fent patches :)

Anyway, a few tips from a long-time plugger:

- As Dokomo suggested, 5-10 ml of water is just right. Despite what the previous poster suggested, my experiments said the less water, the better

- laying on your side is a MUST - I tried various other positions and none worked as well

- Squeeze the syringe down at a medium rate; too fast will shoot your solution up into your brain and too slow might dribble the goodies back along the syringe. It should take approx 2-3 seconds for delivery

- Dokomo says to lay there 5-10 mins but I strongly recommend NO LESS than 15 mins, preferably 20 (basically, wait until you feel it start to kick in). If you get up too soon your butt veins won't have enough time to absorb the treats!

- Even though you are bypassing your digestive system, the high was always better on an empty stomach. Try a few variations and see what works best for you.

- instead of staring at your watch and counting down the minutes until you can get up again, I suggest going the opposite route and turn your plugging session into an experience you look forward to! Maybe light some candles, put on your favorite drug music (you know you have some), lay out some pillows and make yourself comfortable.

- Make sure you have the remote for your stereo nearby, and also bring along your cordless phone and/or cell. My favorite way to pass the time was to squeeze down the syringe and make a few phone calls! Plugging time became my "social networking" time and was a great excuse to finally call those friends you've been neglecting. I mean what the hell, you've got 20 mins to kill anyway!

- Far and away, a smartphone or iPad is a pluggers best friend. While waiting for the drugs to kick in, guess what I did? Post on Bluelight! If you've got the ability to surf the web and send email while you lay there, you may be there a lot longer than 20 mins :)

Ultimately, that's what I did - between the pillows, cell phone and iPad, "plugging time" became my favorite time of the day (well, night actually). I would lay down at 9pm or so (I would usually take a shower first, insuring the "coast was clear" even more :) and with talking talking to friends, surfing the web and listening to music, sometimes I'd lay there for 2 or 3 hours!

It was fun.

I hope this gives you a few ideas and shows how in so many ways, plugging is the best, even most FUN way, to take your drugs.

[if you do an advanced search and plug my name into the "search by username" function, you'll find a lot of my older posts about plugging - just remember to also type "plugging" or "plug" into the thread title option as well - this way you won't have to sift through ALL my posts looking for some anal action]

Last edited:
Good info! I decided to make this because there isn't a proper plugging mega-thread in OD so far. I made this thread here as a working draft and will eventually move it into OD and link it in the directory when finished. I'm working on a Q&A section right now to include as well.

Last edited:
I learned a lot of this in CNA training xD.

I've never done it myself, but I wouldn't mind trying it with MDMA...

I think the following disclaimer should be included: "No, plugging does NOT make you gay. Rectal administration of drugs is done by men and women, both gay and straight."

Maybe not quite like that...but no matter how much those of us whom have plugged something will preach about it's effectiveness, you always end up getting ignorant "will plugging make me gay?!?!!?" posts...clearly rectal administration has NOTHING to do with your sexuality, but we've all seen enough of these posts in plugging threads to the point where, IMO anyway, it should be addressed somewhere I think.

^FANTASTIC suggestion!!! It never fails, some immature individual always makes some kind of 'plugging makes you gay' in these types of threads.

I will definitely add a disclaimer.

I think the following disclaimer should be included: "No, plugging does NOT make you gay. Rectal administration of drugs is done by men and women, both gay and straight."
I wouldn't be so sure. I think plugging made me gay. And I'm a woman... go figure.

;) You Americans. Great thread, though.

I just plugged for the first time with a turkey baster :D

Turkey basters don't work that well though. The tip is not smooth, the liquid runs back into the bulb. Try a 10 ml syringe.

Any drugs that aren't practical for snorting of assume would also be ineffective with this ROa , right?