• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall , Xanax and Suboxone Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalzo

Greenlighter
I'm currently prescribed adderall 20mg and xanax 1.0 x 2 along with the final stages of suboxone 8mg a day treatment and I am wondering if this combo of drugs is dangerous? I feel like I can be done with suboxone and just stick with the adderrall and xanax because my opiate craving are slim to none. I don't want to be hooked on suboxone...IDK im confused and would love advice.

Thanks KALZO <3

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to BLuelight kalzo =D

I'm going to move this over to Basic Drug Discussion for you , you'll get alot more responses in there than you would here. In my opinion that combo isn't too dangerous as long as your not taking very large doses of each substance. Mixing CNS Depressants can be dangerous and one must be very careful :)

L<3Ve & Lite

p.s. I'm going to rename your thread Adderall , Xanax and Suboxone Combo so it will be easier for people to see your topic :)

Opiates + stims make me sick so I wouldn't recommend it... probably not too safe either mixing uppers and downers.

so doctor(psych.) doesnt care that my life is in danger yet he just writes on his little pad and sends me on my way? That's so wrong. I'm going to school and never have been able to stay in class without adhd meds but they give me anxiety so he gives me xanax and after all this i met some shady folks & got hooked on oxycontin for a year 2 80's a day. I've been "sober" from oxy for 7 months but I'm ready to get off of this suboxone its w/d will be a bitch but I will kick its ass because opiates brought me to hell and barely back.8o8o8o8o8(8(8(8(8(8(

Kalzo

- this may belong somewhere else, but id appreciate some kind of support loves.

I had a similar combination recently, ritalin, xanax, speed, and dilaudid... lmaoo it was great but i did have al ittle nausea when i decided to do the speed but youre not doing that plus i kept dosing. hardest part for me was the xanax with the speed. I believe i was on 2-3mg and i have NO benzo tolerance.

anyways my point is i think youll be alright with it and ave a pretty good time.

First off I would like to emphasize that I am not a physician. I am a 21 year old college student who is relatively successful with grades given my positive and negative experiences I discuss.

I have a very similar mixture of drugs. I take my prescribed 400mg of Lamictal daily to treat bipolar, 8-12mg of Suboxone prescribed to me daily for opiate addiction, vyvanse 50mg subscribed to me taken a few times a week as needed for A.D.D.

I use to take SSRI's for anxiety/depression prior to my opiate addiction, until suboxone was my savior and successfully got me off opiates. In addition, I have found suboxone to be by far my best antidepressant--combined with Lamictal I've felt the most stable I have in many years (please remember everyone's brain chemistry varies)

Where my self medication comes in is when I'll take no more than 1mg of xanax a day but almost strictly use them to ease the anxiety/depression I sometimes get from vyvanse, especially when I'm coming down from it and also rarely used when having trouble sleeping at night. That said, my sub/vyvanse/lamictal doc did prescribe me Ambien CR to be taken as needed for when I come down from vyvanse and have insomnia/sleep paralysis but it got rejected by my insurance and it was only after I stopped Ambien that I self-medicated with some xanax. I've never had any problem with my dosages and combo's I've taken at all, but keep in mind, IMO, that these doses are in relatively moderate doses and higher doses the more careful you and your doctor have to be.

As far as Soma's- At one point last year I was prescribed another muscle relaxant Skelaxin taken up to 2 times daily from an orthopedic surgeon (who I did not tell about my suboxone use) for muscle spasms and was extremely lethargic the month I was on them and experienced high anxiety while coming down from them. I personally got off them pretty easily by weaning my dosage over 1 week and would recommend to remove the muscle relaxant out of your combo if anything.

Being in college it is very difficult for me to avoid (binge) drinking. However, on days I plan on drinking later, I will take nothing besides Lamictal and Suboxone and rarely no more than 0.25mg xanax (which I admit is a bad idea). I would refuse to take more than 0.5 xanax or any other depressant with alcohol which can be lethal, and have high anxiety/ hypomania drinking on vyvanse. I haven't had many problems--at most occasionally feeling a little drowsy while drinking.

Just reminding you I am not a doctor, and that everyone's drug tolerance and brain chemistry varies.

I've been taking the exact combo

hello, I too have been taking 20mg adderrall in the morning, prescribed for my add. I too must tell you that IN my mid to late teens and into my early 20's I was a hopeless opiate addict. I became physically addicted to opiates at the prime age of 15 and slowly graduated from vicodin, to MS Contin(morphine), and then to oxycontin.. When I couldn't get the oxy's I took methadone or whatever else I could use to get by. I went to an expensive treatment center 4 times for 10 days a pop. The last time I went they got me off using suboxone. It was a new drug at that time with little information being offered and only a handful of doctors who could prescribe it. That was 7 years ago. Shortly after that stint in rehab I had an emergency appendectomy and was given HUGE doses of opiates in the hospital because of my tolerance. Needless to say I had to "kick" again and went to see a doctor to get suboxone to use at home. I tried short term treatment, and didn't like it. I then starting taking suboxone long term. I was prescribed Adderrall for add, along with seroquel for sleep and mood problems.
At this point I would like to point out that without suboxone my lifespan would of been severely shortened. I never graduated to heroin but If I went on with that lifestyle any longer I would have. I tried to get heroin a few times and failed...thankfully..
Now...I lost my insurance 4 years ago. I stopped going to doctors because I couldn't afford them. I tried to stop using suboxone but could not "kick". I did stop taking adderrall. I was able to obtain suboxone because my father was taking them. I stole his oxycontin for years..he is permanently disabled. Suboxone worked better for him than oxycontin for his chronic pain. So that said. I took 2mg of suboxone for 4 years until last christmas. I tried to get off of them. It failed. My tolerance to the drug shot up after that and I then needed 4mg to get through the day.
About a month ago I couldn't take relying on my father or brother(recovering heroin addict) to get my supply of suboxone and bit the bullet and saw a doctor. She started to supply me with with suboxone and also reinstated my adderrall regiment to help me get through school. I also got xanax and ambien. I don't like ambien. It doesn't always help me sleep, but it does make me all tripped out and sometimes I lay awake in a hypnotic state all night.
So my daily regiment is as follows. i wake up as early as I can. Take my adderrall and go about my day, my studies, and my job. I wait to take my suboxone until 4-6 hours after my adderrall. I find that if I wait, the suboxone will take the edge off of my anxiety from adderrall, and quite frankly, I feel awesome. Then, when I want to get ready to go to bed, I take .5mg xanax and it works great. I don't really like the fact that I'm taking 3 addictive drugs but the benefits are without parrallel. I even used to have unexplained muscle jerks in my upper torso, especially in times of stress, and they are now gone. This is just my story, and wanted to put it in perspective to yours.
I want to get off of suboxone eventually. Adderrall has been helping me way too much to stop at this point. I now am actually learning something. I am motivated. I actually care about my future and am taking the steps i need to have a good one. The xanax at this low dose I have found to be very helpful. More so than anything else I've tried. I honestly feel like a new person. I don't believe this combo to be dangerous. If you add alcohol to the mix, it definately can be. Avoid binge drinking while on adderrall or xanax. Like i said before, I just wanted you to know there are people like you out there...me being one of them.

I was prescribed that exact combo for awhile. It is safe. Suboxone doesn't cause as much CNS depression as Methadone so taking benzodiazepines with it isn't as dangerous (opposed to with Methadone). Taking Adderall with either causes no problems.

How do you find the Bupe (Suboxone/Subutex) effects the Adderall high?

IT stands to reason that the Naloxone in subs would as a dopamine antagonist and thus diminish the full effect of Speed coke or any drug for that matter, However,I live by a vombo of vyvanse subs and a benzo when possible.

I dont think the naloxone seems not to diminish the full affect of Dexedrine, MDMA and or any Dopamine agonist.
Dopamine is a factor feelings of joy period.
Directly or indirectly
with good intention.

if ur honest with the doctor, and he writes you that combo, your safe..now if u take the law in ur own hands and abuse, all of them, then yeah very dangerous..a doctor is not going to give u a cocktail of meds if it would be dangerous to you...they are the professionals who went to med school for 10+ yrs , ill take there advice over BLers on here..rare instances a few doctors go crooked but thats different, a legitimate doctor in no way will try to harm you..i was on suboxone, xanax, and adderall, all from my suboxone doctor..he knew i was a big boy, he knows what im doing,, he trusted that i would take as RXed, and if i did DIE he wouldnt get in trouble, because I WENT AGAINST HIS ORDERS and ABUSED the DRUG..."offficer, my patient signed a contract before coming to my practice that he would take all medications as prescribed, based in his history of anxiety, and ADHD, i felt it was suffificent to RX him xanax, and adderall, at a stable dose that wouldnt interfere with harms way, to help his diagnosis" sorry for rambling, im on addys now tweaked, if u take the drugs as prescrbed u will be safe!

IT stands to reason that the Naloxone in subs would as a dopamine antagonist and thus diminish the full effect of Speed coke or any drug for that matter, However,I live by a vombo of vyvanse subs and a benzo when possible.

I dont think the naloxone seems not to diminish the full affect of Dexedrine, MDMA and or any Dopamine agonist.
Dopamine is a factor feelings of joy period.
Directly or indirectly
with good intention.

You're aware this thread dates back three years?

You're also aware the amount of naloxone absorbed by any ROA except IV is basically meaningless?

naloxone is only active when IVed? my sub doctor said it is active to a small degree intranasally and that not too many people realize that..is that true?

drminaq - I'm going to close this so more people don't reply thinking it's new, since the thread is from 2010. BDD is a fast moving forum and I doubt the OP is still reading this; we prefer if people don't bump old threads in BDD unless you have something super important to add.

By the way naloxone is not a dopamine antagonist.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

EDIT: I see people are now discussing whether or not naloxone is active by ROAs other than IV. It is. It's true that it's effective intranasally, it is used that way to reverse opioid overdoses as an alternative to IV or IM. I am assuming what Bob meant was that the naloxone present in Suboxone is not well absorbed when taken sublingually as prescribed. Although if you guys want to discuss it further you're welcome to start a new thread or PM me to reopen this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.