Mod brutality# Mr 'root' what is your problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
I have given my opinion that taking one or two paeraceatomal tablets to help pain relief and I also said heroin is the filthiest drug on the planet which it is and if me giving my OPIONION is trolling then I will leave this site not that anyone will care but I'm getting accused of trying to annoy people when I'm just saying genuine statements.

If anyone is interested check

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-order-to-take-orally?p=14367318#post14367318

This I'm is my favourite:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ne-would-it-mean-I-respond-the-same-to-heroin

Yeah sorry for insulting your precious heroin do I make you feel bad about yourself?

Why don't you just give me a list of what I can and cannot say.

And I'll say it again heroin is the dirtiest drug on this planet maybe some come close but that it if you don't want to accept that face my root I'm sorry but your the one who is in the wrong here.

Well bp has removed his comments and covered up for him so just goes to show how professional these two mods are sorry I mean pathetic

Why don't you just give me a list of what I can and cannot say.

You've been told several times to review our forum guidelines since you've joined. It's not going to tell you everything you can or cannot say but I'm sure you will figure it out. We don't allow flaming so if you have an issue with something that's been said to you, use the "report post" function and it will be reviewed. On the same token, you are expected to treat others with respect. Just because you think heroin is a filthy drug, doesn't give you the right to insult other members who do use it.

(moving to Site Technical Help)

^ indeed.

...heroin is the dirtiest drug on this planet...
that's an opinion to which you are certainly entitled but i'd remind you that posting on bl is a privilege and it's a privilege which can be revoked at any time if you can't find a way to contribute less abrasively.

alasdair

You must be careful when giving such an absolute opinion on anything. A better course of action is to engage in intelligent discussions as to what experiences you have had that have led to this opinion. This site is about harm reduction, not anti-drug. You will catch more flies with honey. If you need any help navigating the waters I would be happy to help. Don't think we want to chase you away.

You've been told several times to review our forum guidelines since you've joined. It's not going to tell you everything you can or cannot say but I'm sure you will figure it out. We don't allow flaming so if you have an issue with something that's been said to you, use the "report post" function and it will be reviewed. On the same token, you are expected to treat others with respect. Just because you think heroin is a filthy drug, doesn't give you the right to insult other members who do use it.

(moving to Site Technical Help)
I never insulted anyone for using heroin all I said was I think it's a filthy drug because of what it does to people that's all I bloody said

Ok maybe I can understand the word dirty upsetting people that's what my mum has always told me and I've seen it destroy people etc I honestly have so much respect for people who are in that horrible cycle it's not for the faint I was saying it to the op because he was talking about how codeine made him sick so I said heroin will make him 10 times more sick and it's filth etc what made me so angry was I got accused of trolling for that one comment which means trying to annoy people of get a reaction I can assure you I am not petty like that.

I apologize to bt of bp whatever I just didn't want it to look worse for me.

And Mr root I don't apologize as you just judged me On my first comment without bothering to read what I was replying to which is why I wish the comments hadn't been deleted so people could see what I mean I will however not be so easily provoked as that was silly and childish me.

I hope we can come together and forget about this terrible incident.

Btubbs is one of the people on bluelight that has proven himself to be steadfast and approachable to anyone who is a bluelighter so follow his lead and you will be fine.

Why thank you zephyr.

To Patrick's defense, he did send me a pm back apologizing after I PM'ed him about the insults. We all need to remember that we are a sort of family here, even if it is a touch dysfunctional. Things run smoother when we treat each other with respect and dignity.

This isn't just about a single insult but for other things such as intentionally posting stuff to wrong place and even admitting it in the thread.

i guess it depends on the source of the heroin - it can be filthy and it can be pure. 'tis what it 'tis sport..
imo paracetamol is a very toxic drug.

I completely agree.
Please see below. I think Mr. Root should lose his status as a moderator on a harm reduction website. Can't seem to get his act together.
Today 16:54

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hidden_nurseaddict

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Xorkoth

Dear hidden_nurseaddict,

You have received an infraction at Bluelight.

Reason: expiring infraction
-------
I'm giving you a warning for abuse for this post. Totally uncalled for, I also don't really even understand why you're pissed. We don't attack people in TDS.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/showthread.php?p=14367676

What to know what I want to blow off steam about?!?!?
How about the fact that this moderator...a moderator on a so called "harm reduction" website has different standards for himself and the rest of the community and health care workers.
You are a damn fool MrRoot. I went to a conference lately that suggested that 1 in 8 health care workers has a substance abuse problem. Your opinions only serve to delay life saving treatment for people (read- human beings) that are suffering too.
I sincerely hope that the day you need a nurse - or better yet...the day someone you love needs a nurse that there isn't one there for you. You deserve that shit 100%.

All the best,
Bluelight

I think it's because you missed the post where your moderator stated that health care professionals should never be addicts and if they are - that shouldn't be entitled to ORT. Please refer to the thread on Sober Living re" July" to see the post where Mr. Root provoked this response.
After you read it, and please let me know if you can't find it, you will perhaps understand the reasons for this message.
In the meantime, please engage in positive harm reduction by creating a space where health care professionals feel safe in sharing their experiences in sobriety.

-E

Hey there, thanks for the polite response. In the reported post thread, some of us moderators were discussing this. I do see now why you felt the way you did. We all agreed that Mr Root's opinion is pretty controversial and not something we generally agree with. However, he is allowed his opinion, and to express it, as are you. What is not allowed is abusive language, especially in TDS, which is a forum where there are a lot of fragile people, and we want to keep it a safe space for everyone to share. Although I sympathize with your anger, there are ways to express your opinions without calling people names and telling them deserve to suffer (to paraphrase your post). It's not a big deal though, please just keep that in mind in the future. A more effective way to deal with an opinion you find harmful is to refute it politely and convincingly in the same thread in which the opinion was made. That way other people reading the thread for information or whatever will see a view you disagree with, and then your argument for why you disagree.​

This isn't just about a single insult but for other things such as intentionally posting stuff to wrong place and even admitting it in the thread.
Are you still lying and making stuff up what stuff then Mr root this is why I didn't want bp to delete your comments. What wrong stuff did I put your just trying to cover up for yourself after its been done what I heard you got told off and your posts got deleted not mine so that says something don't worry I'm not gonna go insulting or anything but come on get over it

I completely agree.
Please see below. I think Mr. Root should lose his status as a moderator on a harm reduction website. Can't seem to get his act together.
Today 16:54

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hidden_nurseaddict

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Xorkoth

Dear hidden_nurseaddict,

You have received an infraction at Bluelight.

Reason: expiring infraction
-------
I'm giving you a warning for abuse for this post. Totally uncalled for, I also don't really even understand why you're pissed. We don't attack people in TDS.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/showthread.php?p=14367676

What to know what I want to blow off steam about?!?!?
How about the fact that this moderator...a moderator on a so called "harm reduction" website has different standards for himself and the rest of the community and health care workers.
You are a damn fool MrRoot. I went to a conference lately that suggested that 1 in 8 health care workers has a substance abuse problem. Your opinions only serve to delay life saving treatment for people (read- human beings) that are suffering too.
I sincerely hope that the day you need a nurse - or better yet...the day someone you love needs a nurse that there isn't one there for you. You deserve that shit 100%.

All the best,
Bluelight

I think it's because you missed the post where your moderator stated that health care professionals should never be addicts and if they are - that shouldn't be entitled to ORT. Please refer to the thread on Sober Living re" July" to see the post where Mr. Root provoked this response.
After you read it, and please let me know if you can't find it, you will perhaps understand the reasons for this message.
In the meantime, please engage in positive harm reduction by creating a space where health care professionals feel safe in sharing their experiences in sobriety.

-E

Hey there, thanks for the polite response. In the reported post thread, some of us moderators were discussing this. I do see now why you felt the way you did. We all agreed that Mr Root's opinion is pretty controversial and not something we generally agree with. However, he is allowed his opinion, and to express it, as are you. What is not allowed is abusive language, especially in TDS, which is a forum where there are a lot of fragile people, and we want to keep it a safe space for everyone to share. Although I sympathize with your anger, there are ways to express your opinions without calling people names and telling them deserve to suffer (to paraphrase your post). It's not a big deal though, please just keep that in mind in the future. A more effective way to deal with an opinion you find harmful is to refute it politely and convincingly in the same thread in which the opinion was made. That way other people reading the thread for information or whatever will see a view you disagree with, and then your argument for why you disagree.​
the thing is though mods have power and with power comes responsibility I am glad to see I'm not the only victim of Mr roots maybe we should start a petition

when you post inflammatory content like this: "I sincerely hope that the day you need a nurse - or better yet...the day someone you love needs a nurse that there isn't one there for you. You deserve that shit 100%." it tends to turn people off and devalue your opinion.

if you (plural) see posts which you feel are problematic, please report them.

alasdair

^ please stop posting abrasive messages. as i said, if you see posts which you feel are problematic, please report them.

let's move on.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.