• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ate 1 more 2mg pill around 1... making my total 4mg

My problem is now questioning if I never wanna do opiates again.... But I dont know.... I did get a 40 today from a new guy. im still prolly gonna use it tomorrow. But then im gonna try and keep away from it during the week with the suboxone

You didn't literally "eat" the sub pill, correct?

And if you only have one 40, you won't feel it unless you wait until the following day, at least I wouldn't, even taking the same dose of sub as you... IME it will be a total waste, but if you're thinking on quitting, maybe that's a good thing?

I think he used it sublingually people say they "ate" Suboxone mostly because they don't know how to spell "sublingual", and so forth.

I think he used it sublingually people say they "ate" Suboxone mostly because they don't know how to spell "sublingual", and so forth.

naw haha i can spell sublingual, I was baked and just said ate to make it clear I didnt inject.

Yea I think tomorrow when i wake up I will take 4mg as that seemed to be a good dose if the 4mg is abit much, I might do 2 and 2 like I did today, is either way better?

I will take then sublingually;) when i wake up, so im not tempted shoot up OC later in the day

I mean im ready to make a step in the right direction of stopping doing OC, just not ready to quit all together... maybe switching from shooting to snortin for a start

It's really good to hear you're doing well man.

I've never agreed with urine analysis for ORT (with buprenorphine) because the whole point of using something like Suboxone or Subutex in the first place is to help quit using primarily opiates. If you make people choose between "only buprenorphine" and the whole world full of drugs, no one's going to choose "just buprenorphine" especially when you can find that outside of the clinic too!

In the US it seems most buprenorphine doctors don't drug test (or, enough of them don't) and I'm rather glad for that. Less people would be getting help via Suboxone/Subutex if urine analysis happened in every buprenorphine clinic.

Cheers mate!

Sleeps still not happening, but on the whole I think I'm through the worst of it..

Regarding piss-tests - I have no real problem with them, and considering the way drug treatment works over here in the UK (with the NHS) its kind of needed.

Otherwise, if clinics didn't test every 2 weeks (maintenaince scripts have to be written at least every fortnight) - you would get loads of people getting on methadone then just selling the stuff. This would make it harder for those genuinaly looking to get clean to get on a program quickly as the system would be even more bloated.

I do have a problem with clinics kicking you out though for giving dirties (in the US, never heard of that happening here).
That just encourages cheating and dishonesty between you and your keyworker/GP.

Well just keeping you guys updated. Its been 4 days off of bupe and there are no withdrawal symptoms present. I guess I just got lucky or due to my bio/chem makeup didn't develop tolerance. Who knows?? :\

i was a heavy heroin user and i can definately say suboxone has way less harsh of a WD than heroin or any other opiate, especially if you actually taper. if i tapered from heroin, and tapered from suboxone, the heroin would give me more WD symptoms. i have been taking suboxone for a year and can go a day without it fine, but i am only currently on 2mg. i remember tapering all the way down to .5mg of suboxone and got off it experiencing mild WD symptoms - nothing compared to heroin, for me anyway...

Why can I not seem to get a good nights sleep all the way through...I take my Suboxone in the morning so that shouldn't be interfering with it should it? The reason I ask is because I got good sleep up until I started Suboxone...So let me know..what you think????

naw haha i can spell sublingual, I was baked and just said ate to make it clear I didnt inject.

Yea I think tomorrow when i wake up I will take 4mg as that seemed to be a good dose if the 4mg is abit much, I might do 2 and 2 like I did today, is either way better?
I would say that the 2 and then 2 later is the better idea. I have always found once a day dosing to not be as efficient as splitting up my dose over the day. That's just me though, some people find the opposite.

However, you can always take more - you can't regurgitate something once you've already dissolved it.

I mean im ready to make a step in the right direction of stopping doing OC, just not ready to quit all together... maybe switching from shooting to snortin for a start
That sounds like a good idea. If you don't have micron filters, I would definitely suggest to switch to snorting. It's probably the better decision for the long run.
Why can I not seem to get a good nights sleep all the way through...I take my Suboxone in the morning so that shouldn't be interfering with it should it? The reason I ask is because I got good sleep up until I started Suboxone...So let me know..what you think????

You might be less able to sleep due to the fact you take your medicine once a day.

If you take 8mg once a day, try 4mg in the morning, and then another 2mg (or another 4mg) at night.

If you take 4mg once a day, try 2mg in the morning, and another 2mg at night.

That might really help out - I find it's a lot harder to sleep when I'm coming down, and dosing before bed helps me get to sleep.

Do you have any other OTC sleeping aids? Any benzos?

Nope no benzo's my family doctor don't believe in prescribing them and I haven't asked my suboxone doctor, I see him on friday I might just tell him about my sleeping problem and if you read the other Threads, my sweating problem also. And see what he says.

The last time I took suboxone was last night at around 8 oclock US eastern time. It was 4 mg and now its 1pm eastern time. Would I feel the effects of a roxi or would it still be a waste of money and drive?

^ I would wait ATLEAST 24 hours dude or its gonna be a waste in my experience..... (maybe 8pm tonight)

If it was 2mgs i would say maybe, but definetly not with 4mgs thats enough to saturate your receptors

It takes atleast 48 hours to get the full effect from it.... but i think 24 is a safe bet..

I took 3mgs yesterday at 4pm... and its 2pm im gonna wait a few more hours to do some oxy or take more sub... difficult decision lol

I know if i dont take the sub soon ill cave in and relapse

^ No one knows but I would say wait it's not worth it. You will waste the roxi on a tiny buzz. It is better to wait 24hours+

^Ya i didn't really know what to expect with suboxone so I started this thread, but a lot of people have experienced bad withdrawals, especially withdrawal lasting longer than heroin. I just wanted to see how people reacted to gauge what might happen with me going cold turkey. I guess everyone is different as you say heroin WD is worth and then others say bupe is about the same or worse. I guess its tough to make a blanket statement about it..

Anyone opiate addict will tell you its the PAWS that kill you and bring you back in the long term...

Also dude you said you stopped cold turkey on the 9/16... today is the 20th

Sometimes bupe withdrawal doesn't really start until day 4 or 5...

you could be outta the woods an lucky dont but surprised if you feel shitty soon lol

How ouwld anyone suffer zero WD's when jumping from 2mg of bupe. The only people who believe that you don't have WD at 2mg are the suboxone doctors.

off subs wanna go back . i think ??

Yo was on subs for few months , did pretty well , now back on H and have like 4 subs but cant seem to get self back on them............keep thinkin im gonna miss my H so much . any ideas to help ? i felt fine on subs but relapsed when lost connect for them

I'm not sure about 4mgs of sub. But last week I did 2mgs of sub at 2pm and at 4am the next morning I took 90mgs of Morphine, my usual dose and I got just as high as if I didn't do sub the day before.
So like the other guy said, maybe 2mgs didn't completely flood my receptors and 4mgs would have .
I'm not that experienced with sub but thought I would tell you how it affected me.

I switched from methadone to suboxone a month ago, after having spent about five years slowly tapering to 10mg. Just in case anyone's interested, I waited about 50 hrs and the transition was essentially painless. They started me off at 6 mg of suboxone (which knocked me right on my ass), but after the first day I spent one week at 4mg, one week at 2mg, and one week at 1.5mg. Always sublingual, and always dosing once in the morning. At the beginning of this week, though, my doctor suggested going to 2mg every other day instead of further tapering my daily dosage. I tried it, got uncomfortably high on the first day and surprisingly sick on the second--much worse than the skipped methadone dose. I caved in by 3pm and took 1mg, which is where I'm holding now. I'm getting some RLS at night, and I wake up feeling pretty awful, but for the most part I'm stable.

I'd originally planned to be completely off before classes start up again on the 28th, which gives me about a week between taking my last dose and needing to be able to function. My main question is: should I even try? Or to be more specific, how is kicking 1mg after a month going to compare with kicking, say, .25 mg after 2 or 3 months? Is there any benefit to getting off quickly?

Also, does my experience attempting the alternate-day thing say anything about how fast I metabolize the stuff? And if so, what would that mean for the withdrawal? As I understand it, the recommendation for this dosing schedule is based on studies like this one that say most addicts prefer it to daily dosing. What was completely unsustainable for me is apparently favored by 96% of BMT patients.

One last question: will imodium help me at all right now, or should I save it for the proper wds?

Thanks for the responses, actually got some free H for burning dude some CDs, and it looks pretty good. It is a light brown almost white color... Prolly just gonna wait until tommorow so I can get nice effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.