• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cane2theLeft, Thanks for responding so quickly.

You know, i think you are absolutely right, it was likely foolish of me to go from 60 mgs to 50 mgs. Quite honestly, and what i didn't get into before, is that i actually felt like the 60 mgs was too much for me and i initially tried 50 mgs to feel less groggy -especially when i woke up. It was a terrible, heavy feeling that I was experiencing, and i guess I figured 50 might do the trick. I honestly didn't think that it was such a big drop because of the effect that 60mgs had on me. I really do want to get free of this dependence, and I'm desperate to do it reasonably quickly. It's been over 2 weeks, and i guess I hoped to do it in that time period.

Unfortunately, in the case of addiction, not everyone has access to long periods of time in order to detox, and I gave myself more time than a detox center would (7-10 days), so i figured i'd be OK with that kind of time.

Right now, it's been over 36 hours since my last dose of lope, and about 6 hours since I had my last batch of Kratom tea, and I feel NO withdrawal symptoms. I honestly would rather take Kratom, because it doesn't feel as dirty or as toxic as Lope feels in my body. But I can certainly appreciate you using lope to get off pods yourself, and in no way am i making a judgment about lope or your experiences. It just seems that Kratom might be better for me and my body.

I didn't realize until later that there had been recent posts on this thread, so thanks for clearing it up.

I'd still love to hear more details about your taper, and how it all ended up (and how long it took), if you care to share that info. If you feel like you'd rather send me a private message, that would be cool too!

Thanks again for your input and happy holidays to you!

^if I knew about kratom when I was coming off pods, I certainly would have preferred to use that. I chose lope because it was so cheap and readily available.

I was using about 6 large (6-8'') pods consumed whole for about 14-15 months. I found this equivalent to about 150mg oral morphine or hydrocodone. I started with 24mg of loperamide, stayed on that for a week or so. Then tapered off the 24mg in about 6 weeks varying the speed depending on how I felt.

One member of the bluelight crew (I'll avoid using his name even though he posts on these lope threads) has been using lope for about a year and says that when he stops taking lope he experiences severe withdrawals.

Everyone else that I've read about that takes large doses of lope for an extended period says the same thing.

I am pretty sure lope withdrawals are nothing to sneeze at. From what I know I'd take hydrocodone wd's over lope withdrawals.

After using lope for only 45 days and tapering down to 4mg a day, I still experienced insomnia, hot/cold flashes, heavy depression and general discomfort for ten days plus.

I don't think 6/7 would care if you use his name, especially since he's posted so much in this thread.

I apologize if I implied it was easy to come off. I just meant that it was more drawn out than shorter-acting opioids. I meant it would be more like bupe/methadone than say morphine or oxycodone.

the guy who started this thread is doing it for kicks.....he has 7 post all regarding loperamide, it does create much needed discussion because .023 DOES cross the bbb (not pulling up where I read that but it was medically backed). He might be telling the truth but if the OP is, he used a different handle not wanting to reveal his identity, otherwise it is trolling that occurs once a year or so. I like the fact that it always gets tons of responses. Phreex said this was the "otc methadone" in his withdraw from opiates guide for those of you who remember his ruthless moderating. What a character

^yeah, rest in peace, phreex. That guy started OD and contributed so much. A lot has changed since he ran this place, but we owe him a lot for creating this whole OD community.

I remember when I read his w/d guide for the first time and I thought he was nuts for calling lope 'otc methadone'... until I was sick and tried it.

After reading/reseaching this subject for a few months i fiqured i had to give it a try.

+ 0.00 - 96mgs of gel caps injested on a fairly empty stomach, chased with some beer.

+ 30min - Slight stomach discomfort, gona atribute it to the beer chaser.

+ 1hr - stomach discomfort subsided, feeling something? cant put my finger on it yet.

+ 1:30 - deffinitly something, small change in my headspace, cant quite call it euphoria.

+ 1:45 - Ok iv got a hint of euphoria going on, deffinitly not placebo, ive felt this before on small doses of weak opiates, ie codeine.

+ 2:30 - hint of that feel good state of mind still there, geting incressingly tired, almost feels like slight mental fatique....

+ 3:30 - Still have that headspace, though the somolence is growing, gona hit the hay.

Overall i wasent crazy surprised, nice to get it of my mind, may repeat with a higher dose if ive got 20 bucks to play around with. edit: woke up this morning (+17hrs) still feeling something, somewhat of a hangover, slept like a log, dont think i woke once. Anybody got a source referenceing half life?

Last edited:
^ i think lope works wonders.

i took in day 1, 2, and 4 of WDing cutting my dose in half and i really didnt experience any WD symptoms.

just minor stuff

i ran outta suboxone yesterday, so today i ended up downing a bottle of 48 (96mg) imodium. ive done this a few times before and every time i do it i feel like i do know: relaxed, free of cravings, better mood, slight warmth, and noticeable respiratory depression. i find that when you take tagamet with it, i take 400mg, you get a "high" that lasts just about as long as buprenorphine does.

i dont care if anyone here believes it or not, LOPERAMIDE HAS POTENTIAL IN HIGH ENOUGH DOSES!!!

that being said it is NOTHING close to a real opiate high. i only take it when i run outta sub or money to buy something better hehe.

I don't get high (on lope). But I'm sure this was the thread that I first posted on in BL, probly a year or so ago, during one of many times like now:

Background: Usually take suboxone, have been on methadone the last few months and just jumped off around 60mg (after taper). I'm going to go back on suboxone soon enough, but just like switching to heroin or oxy, etc. between the two (in order to shorten the break between methadone and suboxone and lessen the likelihood of precip withdrawal), I'm thinking about taking some lope. I know from experience that 100-200mg/day will make me feel ok.

The half-life of loperamide is only about 10-12 hours isn't it (9.1-14.4 according to Wiki)? I've seen it reported on this thread as like 30 hours (or at least 30 hours for the "active" metabolites). The reason I want to know is to decide whether it will be safe to go back on Suboxone sooner off a lope dose than a done dose (yes, I've had precipitated wd from lope maybe 12hours before!)...

I think 200mg of lope could stay in your system and lead to precipitated withdrawals 48 to 60 hours+ after your final dose.

When I used to take large doses of lope, in the 200mg range, I'd feel like I was on an opiate (euphoric, body high, fuzzie wuzzies) for 36 hours.

I say be VERY careful when trying to switch from lope to suboxone. I'd treat it just like methadone.

Maybe tramadol would help you?

When I used to take large doses of lope, in the 200mg range, I'd feel like I was on an opiate (euphoric, body high, fuzzie wuzzies) for 36 hours.

Maybe tramadol would help you?

WTF!LoL

Do you usually take 100 loperamide pills at once?

Lately I've been doing Loperamide. Does anyone else do this? I feel effects starting at 30-40mg and get a nod near 90mg. I take it with grapefruit juice and antacid.

Positives: Great body rush, very relaxing, increase in mood, I feel light and happy.

Negatives: Itchy, dry mouth, a little constipation (but not as bad as with poppy tea), stoned out looking and feeling.

I would like to hear others experiences...
I do know this much. It's a great drug to use in the aid of withdrawing from opiates. Since it is and opioid drug, it makes w/d much easier but shouldn't be used with suboxone or you won't be able to shit!

When I used to take large doses of lope, in the 200mg range, I'd feel like I was on an opiate (euphoric, body high, fuzzie wuzzies) for 36 hours...I say be VERY careful when trying to switch from lope to suboxone. I'd treat it just like methadone...Maybe tramadol would help you?
Ok,. thanks, sounds reasonable, pretty much what I was wondering.
I do know this much. It's a great drug to use in the aid of withdrawing from opiates. Since it is and opioid drug, it makes w/d much easier but shouldn't be used with suboxone or you won't be able to shit!
Depends on the order in which you use them, and how soon between. Last time I took the suboxone too soon after and this was most definitely NOT the problem that occurred. (Imagine reversing a huge dose of loperamide completely within a few minutes...)

Do u guys think that maybe amitriptyline or mirtazapine can help loperamide to cross the BBS ?

just wanted to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I was maintaing on lope for a long time (8 months) 200mg per day 24 hrs apart and I quit cold turkey after I got tired of it. It's very dirty, dehydrating, blurred vision, not pleasent so I quit.

My precipitated wd started about 48 hrs after my last dose of lope. I have wd from short acting opioids dozens of times but this lope wd is horrific and drawn out. Now on day 5, feeling a bit better, flushed, trots, anxiety, depression, insainity, delrium, all the ugly shit!

just be careful with this stuff and don't say you weren't warned!!

Okay, I'll throw in my $0.02 as well...

I've gotten ripped on Loperamide several times. I had an astronomical hydromorphone habit (100mg/day) and used the lope to avoid WDs when I ran out of hydro. But then I realized the lope didn't just stop the WDs, it got me high. For a LONG time. I've spent hundreds of dollars on lope, just playing around and experimenting with it, and here's what I've found.

How to get high on lope:

- Take Omeprazole (Prilosec) and Cimetadine (Tagamet) roughly 30 mins before ingesting the lope. This is important. It doesn't seem to work if you don't take Prilosec beforehand.

- Take ~200mg of lope. Any less and it doesn't seem to do anything. And yes, I'm talking about swallowing 96 pills at once. I buy the generic lope at the local Vons for about <snip> per 48ct bottle.

- Wait 3 - 4 hours. For some reason it takes a hell of a long time to feel anything. I have no explanation for why this is.

- Enjoy your 72hr buzz. This procedure always kept my WDs away for at least 3 days.

That's it. Side effects: the worst dry mouth you've ever encountered in your entire life. I mean DRY dry. Like not even a single molecule of water vapor remains in your mouth. Your throat gets completely dry and scratchy/uncomfortable as well. Oh, and your bowels don't slow down, they COMPLETELY stop. So drink lots of MgOH, drink TONS of water, and try not to eat too much. It's not a very pleasant high, and it costs lots of time/effort and over <snip> to achieve, but it's better than WDing.

mod note: Price discussion is not productive and against forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.