• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

sertraline

scrooloose

Bluelighter
Hello, i am currently starting a course of sertraline. I should have asked my doctor about supplements i take daily,they are the following> milk thisle,b vitamin complex,vitamin c,fish oil,magnesium,l-arginine.

Could any of these supplements have adverse reactions with sertraline. These supplements i take on a daily basis.

If nobodies sure ,i'll have to go back to doctors, i feel these supplements alone kind of help my mental stability.

If their is someone knowledgable enough on here,advice would be appreciated,thanks.

Hey :)

I ran it through an interactions checker (here) which had everything except milk thistle, and it didn't come up with anything (except vitamin C decreases the absorption of vitamin B12 - no interaction with sertraline). I am not aware of any interactions myself. This doesn't mean there absolutely aren't any however, interaction checkers don't cover everything.. I think it should be okay but to be on the safe side you should probably check with your doctor.

I was prescribed Sertraline for 2-3 months a year ago after a course of Citalopram did not work at all, she said Sertraline is particulary good for Anxiety induced Depression.

Unfortunately it didnt work for me at all either.

Hopefully it will help you, Chohkdee kap (good luck) ;)

^^^

Its Chok Dee Krap I believe if your trying to say good luck to a male in Thai.

Best of luck with the Sertraline, just from personal experience avoid NSAIDs like Ibuprofen as it can occasionally cause inflammation of the stomach and intestinal lining or anything else that could irritate that part of your body, excessive alcohol for example.

^^^

Its Chok Dee Krap I believe if your trying to say good luck to a male in Thai.

Best of luck with the Sertraline, just from personal experience avoid NSAIDs like Ibuprofen as it can occasionally cause inflammation of the stomach and intestinal lining or anything else that could irritate that part of your body, excessive alcohol for example.
Ok if you want to be pedantic it can also be spelt chohkdee khrap.

Phohp gan mai ;)

Raadtree sawat k(hr)ap :)

Going by the interwebz,i think it's certain pharmaceuticals that could have interactions. Still best to check with docs i suppose. thanks for replys ,and chok dee krap to you all too.

I've been on sertraline for like 4 years now (250mg daily at one point for OCPD :|) and I can tell you with 99% confidence that you will have absolutely no interactions from your current regiment. Your doc will likely start you at 25 mg and titrate you to 50, then either to 75 or 100, where you should then ask to stay for at least a month before upping the dose again. Since it takes like 6-8 weeks for full affects to be achieved, some docs will try to titrate too fast, and the result will be you feeling like a zombie 8o

I've been on sertraline for like 4 years now (250mg daily at one point for OCPD :|) and I can tell you with 99% confidence that you will have absolutely no interactions from your current regiment. Your doc will likely start you at 25 mg and titrate you to 50, then either to 75 or 100, where you should then ask to stay for at least a month before upping the dose again. Since it takes like 6-8 weeks for full affects to be achieved, some docs will try to titrate too fast, and the res
ult will be you feeling like a zombie 8o

thanks for that reassuring response. i'm a bit of a sucker for supplements. i just feel in my mind that they kind of help in a subtle way.

OK,feeling a lot better (mentally). Sertraline seems to agree with me and kicked in quicker than i expected. I fancy a little kratom saturday. It's all i want just to chill. If i skip one dose of sertraline tomorrow,would you think it would be safe to indulge? 15 to 20 grams,leaning more to 15 grams. I'm not gonna stop sertraline and maybe start again sunday/monday.

Experienced with krat,fave being bali. Good or bad idea?

My advice would be try not to skip doses of your anti depressant, especially as you say you have only just recently starting taking the sertraline.

How long exactly?

My advice would be try not to skip doses of your anti depressant, especially as you say you have only just recently starting taking the sertraline.

How long exactly?

9 days mate.(just counted tablets) more of an interaction question really re kratom.

i realise the sensible answer is to just carry on with the sertraline,i just enjoy the benign (imo) buzz of kratom.

fuck it,i didn't bother in the end,sounds like it could possibly risky with krat having maoi properties and sertraline being an ssri.

Sertraline being a standard SSRI, the usual contraindications are advised; not with other AD's (such as SSRIs/MOIs/TCA and variants), nor with antipsychotics, nor certain opiates, nor dopaminergic/serotoninergic drugs, black-box warning (particularly suicide concerns). I'm sure your doctor (or health care professional) went over these ones with you.

It does take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks for your body to become accustomed and for the full effects to show - keep with it, perseverance! =D

In terms of recreational drugs and interactions; obviously keep clear of dopaminergic/serotoninergic drugs - most common and most dangerous being methamphet or MDx I would say! Especially any stimulants in general stay clear. In fact if possible take nothing. Essentially you're on AD's for a reason, partly due to a physical, chemical imbalance in the brain. The addition of any psyco-active substance, forcing the brain in an un-natural state will not help in the slightest.

Anyhow, good luck with it all! I've been there, know the feelings! Keep with it! :)

So many wise words above. I know i must carry on,especially with an AD that is giving me virtually zero side effects. I was frightened of akathisia of which i suffer with most AD's,i'm certain it's the tricyclics that only give me this truly awful state. My other problem is etizolam.I know i haven't mentioned this,it's off topic but i am really trying hard to taper.