• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo withdrawal?!

Thanks for the extra advice, anxiety is getting better, though my muscles have no power, my left cheek feels numbs and my teeth feel weird. I guess this also to blame on the benzo's?..

I told you to brush your teeth. There's just no way to tie those to the benzo going into your third day. You wouldn't expect withdrawals to show up from alcohol on Monday if your last drink was Friday night. Of just four days drinking. You might start hurting from all the places you fell while drunk, though.

Last edited:
i feel like both my legs are going to explode, i don't want to exhagerate anything.. but maaaaaaan this shit is just the worst ... :(

Time to talk to your doc about that then. People's legs don't usually explode. Definitely not from cold turkey, even from all the benzos on Earth.

EDIT: sorry bud, I kind of dismissed the tooth and jaw feelings, like, how do you get weird feelings in your teeth? Then I remembered, I smoke meth, mine are half-rotted, and I suddenly remember someone irritating me daily with her bitching about "bruxism" during benzo withdrawal.

That just means jaw-clenching or teeth-grinding. Tends to happen when you're over-amped like on too many stimulants, which you sort of are when you come down off alcohol and benzos.

I think given that pain (I can't explain your leg pain, sorry) it doesn't hurt to take a single Xanax. They work fast, and you'll be able to see if it alleviates your symptoms. If it does, maybe hold it at that low dose, each day for a couple days, then half that for awhile.

Last edited:
Time to talk to your doc about that then. People's legs don't usually explode. Definitely not from cold turkey, even from all the benzos on Earth.

EDIT: sorry bud, I kind of dismissed the tooth and jaw feelings, like, how do you get weird feelings in your teeth? Then I remembered, I smoke meth, mine are half-rotted, and I suddenly remember someone irritating me daily with her bitching about "bruxism" during benzo withdrawal.

That just means jaw-clenching or teeth-grinding. Tends to happen when you're over-amped like on too many stimulants, which you sort of are when you come down off alcohol and benzos.

I think given that pain (I can't explain your leg pain, sorry) it doesn't hurt to take a single Xanax. They work fast, and you'll be able to see if it alleviates your symptoms. If it does, maybe hold it at that low dose, each day for a couple days, then half that for awhile.

I Was close to taking one yesterday, but i'm glad i didn't! :). Had pretty decent sleep, and feeling better today! Thank for all the extra advice and response man!

Well, OK, great. What happened to your legs? It all went away? No explosions?

If so, have fun in class.

Yes, the legs are better. Though i'm still hearing things weird and my vision is still blurry as hell ...

Well, OK, great. What happened to your legs? It all went away? No explosions?

If so, have fun in class.

Doing better but man, I shook my head by accident, the pressure on my ears, head and vision came back instantly... Still a bit scared yo :p.

When you take benzodiazepines, you increase the effects of GABA, major inhibitor neurotransmitter in the nervous system, your body's response to counter that with more glutamate release, major stimulatory neurotransmitter. When you take benzodiazepines for an extended period of time, you become tolerant to them because you need more GABA to counteract increased rebound glutamatergic neurotransmission, but benzodiazepines also elicit changes at GABA receptors. In your case it's hard to even talk about short-term regular intake, but I imagine you got nasty rebound anxiety from such massive doses of alprazolam for a non-tolerant person. If you've had problems with anxiety before, it may be why rebound symptoms are so nasty. And with anxiety it can often be that you manage it for some time but once you lose control over it, it can suddenly skyrocket to very high levels and like someone already posted, it is a vicious cycle.

Are you still smoking weed? One of the things to definitely avoid when you quit benzodiazepines is cannabis, one of the psychoactive components in it THC decreases GABA release and makes anxiety much worse.

When you take benzodiazepines, you increase the effects of GABA, major inhibitor neurotransmitter in the nervous system, your body's response to counter that with more glutamate release, major stimulatory neurotransmitter. When you take benzodiazepines for an extended period of time, you become tolerant to them because you need more GABA to counteract increased rebound glutamatergic neurotransmission, but benzodiazepines also elicit changes at GABA receptors. In your case it's hard to even talk about short-term regular intake, but I imagine you got nasty rebound anxiety from such massive doses of alprazolam for a non-tolerant person. If you've had problems with anxiety before, it may be why rebound symptoms are so nasty. And with anxiety it can often be that you manage it for some time but once you lose control over it, it can suddenly skyrocket to very high levels and like someone already posted, it is a vicious cycle.

Are you still smoking weed? One of the things to definitely avoid when you quit benzodiazepines is cannabis, one of the psychoactive components in it THC decreases GABA release and makes anxiety much worse.

Thank's for your input and time. The weird thing is, yesterday i was feeling a bit better i even slept great last night and today it suddenly got worse, and as you are saying i started worying it got even worse.. i can manage it when i stay in my sofa and do nothing but when i get outside shittt. I quit weed, been 8 days since i smoked now.. I don't want to because as you are saying it will only make me worry more.. Only thing i smoke is some tabaco haha. I'm still having this tight jaw, headaches, weird vision and super sensitive to sound and a lot of pressure on my ears.. I make techno and i can't even produce no more.. This shit is just freaking me out a bit. I just hope i didn't do any permanent damage. What's also weird is that the last 6 months i actually had almost none to zero anxiety, and what i have now is not the 'anxiety' i was used too.. Normally it would always just hurt my stomach like a mother** :..

To update you guys, i think things are getting better. I feel almost no anxiety, but the diziness in my head is killing me. Feels like i'm gonna faint everytime i get up, and the other stuff omes back ... must been 6 days since the last dose now. I'm hoping this ends soon ....

To update you guys, i think things are getting better. I feel almost no anxiety, but the diziness in my head is killing me. Feels like i'm gonna faint everytime i get up, and the other stuff omes back ... must been 6 days since the last dose now. I'm hoping this ends soon ....

I'm just glad your legs didn't explode!

I'm just glad your legs didn't explode!

Me too haha! Though i'm getting pretty tired of this sh* :p
Was feeling good yesterday, today also untill i ate some cookies :p suddenly everything came back and my vision became worse again .. Also the headache yooo
This can count as a big rebound :

Stay away from refined sugar and caffeine it will help. I’m still baffled you’re getting withdrawals from that little benzo use, everyone’s different I guess.

Stay away from refined sugar and caffeine it will help. I’m still baffled you’re getting withdrawals from that little benzo use, everyone’s different I guess.

Believe me, me too. Got friends who have used a lot more and been using longer and they never had any troubles.. Guess i'm real sensitive..

Thank's for your input and time. The weird thing is, yesterday i was feeling a bit better i even slept great last night and today it suddenly got worse, and as you are saying i started worying it got even worse.. i can manage it when i stay in my sofa and do nothing but when i get outside shittt. I quit weed, been 8 days since i smoked now.. I don't want to because as you are saying it will only make me worry more.. Only thing i smoke is some tabaco haha. I'm still having this tight jaw, headaches, weird vision and super sensitive to sound and a lot of pressure on my ears.. I make techno and i can't even produce no more.. This shit is just freaking me out a bit. I just hope i didn't do any permanent damage. What's also weird is that the last 6 months i actually had almost none to zero anxiety, and what i have now is not the 'anxiety' i was used too.. Normally it would always just hurt my stomach like a mother** :..
Hey man, I have generalized anxiety[Sounds like you do too, dont freak out.]and panic disorder which I put into ORDER. I coulnt leave my bed and needed someone to help me walk to the bathroom in the beginning. Then I started deep breathing techniques which are hard in the beginning but its become second nature to me now. Are you hyperventilating when you worry? I also started training in Aikijutsu and swept the panic attacks away, threw out my Xanax but still taking Diazepam for generalized anxiety which im currently tapering off. BUT the WORST thing you can do is NOT go out. It'll cause agoraphobia[fear of open spaces] and start a vicious cycle. I don't mean to freak ya out brother, I 've had this problem for 20 yrs and i truly feel you. If the anxiety gets too intense its fine to take say 0.25-0.5mg alprazolam AS NEEDED. But if were you I'd tough it out and go hang with my buddies, just go OUT and be with people, it's called exposure therapy. I've been going to malls, concerts, EVERYTHING l loathe doind basically. You have to fight through it. There's now ay around it like poppin pills. I'm a severe case so don't let me terrify you. I'm just telling ya how bad it can get. But getting your breathing under control and cuttin out booze, stimulants like caffeine made a HUGE diff for me. I'll keep ya in my thoughts brother you seem to be a good person. You'll be fine, go have fun with some chicks or something. Life is what you make it is what i say. PS: My teeth are killing me too, got strange sensations in my gums myself. It feels like theres stufff stuck under my gums in diff places and its so fkn annoying. Plus my inner mouth is chewed to shit from all the WDs. SO as an above poster recommended: Brush your teeth when you feel that, mouthwash is soothing too. How about some kava kava? l LOVE kava, it really works and is good for you. Sedating antihistamines are nastyu. I tried that and eneded up with rebound heart palpitations, but that's ME. But they ARE known to do that. All you need is to go out and be with people and keep your mind busy on positive things. There's ALWAYS a silver lining no matter how bad you think you are. From your posts you sound like youll be OK...You'll be fine! Have a great weekend! Peace.

Last edited:
Little update, symptoms are fading away. Yesterday i smoked a joint, but everytime i almost fell asleep i get a huge electric shock through my legs, body and brain.So i guess it's still to early for that. I still would like to go out, i won't be drinking alcohol for atleast 2 months untill it's all gone, but would a bit of ketamine be very bad? Thank's in advance for the input. Have a good week y'all!

I'm glad to hear you're OK man, I ALWAYS got that shock sensation on lyrica, no worries it'll go away..I'd honestly avoid K, smokin some good herb is always helpful. Your nervous system need a break and time to heal. I'm in the throws of a diazepam taper, it's HARD but DO-ABLE. Take care man, Peace

I'm glad to hear you're OK man, I ALWAYS got that shock sensation on lyrica, no worries it'll go away..I'd honestly avoid K, smokin some good herb is always helpful. Your nervous system need a break and time to heal. I'm in the throws of a diazepam taper, it's HARD but DO-ABLE. Take care man, Peace

Lyrica isn't a benzodiazepine, and doesn't interact with the BZD receptor. Or GABA receptors at all.

Your nervous system doesn't need to "heal" because it hasn't been injured.

'Smokin' some good herb' is actually not helpful for the large percent of folks who get anxious on it.

I'm sure young Heer VorDeraap appreciates your concern, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benzo Withdrawal

Hi everyone been a long time since ive been here.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/838166-Benzo-withdrawal-!
This used to be my thread, go and have a read if you want.
A lot of people told me it was rebound anxiety but i know for sure that aint the case now.
All my symptoms have faded in these 3 Months except two, a noise inside my brain that won't stop and a blurry vision.
I hope this will all end soon because i'm getting pretty tired of it. Haven't done any drugs since. Not even weed. A 4 year habit of daily smoking i gave up aswell, it sucks :p. Have a good evening y'all!