• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo withdrawal?!

rechtvoorderaap

Greenlighter
Here is my story, first of all ive been smoking cannabis daily since i'm 18 with few breaks. i first met benzos (valium) around october. I had a box of 60 tabs and used them let' say once a week or twice to go party. Now i took some xanax during new years time for a few days. On new years eve i think about 5 2mg bars and still some for two days after. Then around the 8th of january i started feeling weird couldn't sleep even with weed etc... I thought i was having anxiety etc.. so yeah i know it's stupid but i bought some more xanax cus i had exams. I took em for 3 days around 4mg over the 3 days. Now ive quit weed for 3 days been a year since i didn't smoke for a day and it's been around 48 hours since that last xanax dose. Since then ive been reading bluelight, benzobuddies etc.. and i'm starting to get really scared i got a weird vision, traces all over the place and my legs are trembling and i get shiverings across my whole body... I Also had a huge headache and slight brainwaves especially when i smoked.. though the anxiety is very managable.. Normaly i'm pretty responsible if it comes to dope (except weed) but i think (i know) i underestimated benzo's.... Is it smart to just go CT now and don't taper since it's been 48 hours.... Will i have these symp long? Or am i worying to much? i know it was dumb to play with benzo's i will NEVER touch the stuff again.. fo real these fuckers get you hooked in less than a week.. Thank's in advance for the replies.

My native tongue aint english so sorry for the mistakes...

Last edited:
I wouldnt say benzo withdrawal per say, the situation is probably more nuanced than that.

While Benzo withdrawal is certainly a possibility I dont think this is strictly what has happened here.

To reiterate what you said you took FIVE 2mg bars? And used xanax at a similar level recreationally a few times?

That is an extremely high dose, particularly if you dont have a proper habit. Honestly I wouldnt ever see the benefit of exceeding 3mg or so recreationally. Say diazepam or bromazepam are benzos that may be more enjoyable with higher dosing but even then, xanax is very potent and its amnesic/sedative effect at those doses would be the only thing yoi are really increasing. But anyway, it would be reasonable to say that at 10mg of sporadic recreational abuse that you experience rebound effects; spikes in anxiety and agitation after such uses.

While this isnt withdrawal per say said anxiety can be powerful and create an issue in and of itself. You experience some insomnia/anxiety -> discomfort/fear of the anxiety -> more anxiety etc.

I would recommend learning to deal with anxiety better psychologically; techniques such as mindfulness. Particularly your relationship with anxiety around sleep. Its paradoxical but if you have some worry about sleep the worst response is to engage with the thoughts/be swept away by them. That automatic reaction where you start TRYING to sleep will actually increase your anxiety, cement the fear you may have in sleeping/not sleeping and hence increase your vigilance/wakefulness. I mean we cant ever be certain about anything, on any given night until the day we die there is a chance that me or you may or may not sleep. And thats okay. You need to be okay with that. "If i sleep good, if I dont then I dont", while being aware of anxious rhoughts popping in but not getting caught up in them, being okay with their presence. You will notice that with this perspective you will chill and almost always sleep well. Reduce your expectations.

If you really want get some antihistamines like doxylamine, diphenhydramine or hydroxyzine to take in the evening here and there.

I dont think you are in benzo withdrawal per say but may have experienced some powerful rebound anxiety; which can itself be very uncomfortable and start being feared. Ie; anxioud about being anxious.

Otherwise just lay off the xanax and you should be fine. Avoid massive recreational doses, there really is no benefit. Benzos are a curious creature. You cant approach them like most substances that recreationally exceed your expectations and have a strong feeling. Benzos reduce your overall expectations about pretty much everything, making you chill and giddy, therein lies their recreational value. Which doesnt need huge dosing.

Take care.

EDIT: to kind of sum it, I think your xanax use and the ensuing rebound anxiety triggered some anxiety/rumination/vigilance in you that is causing you the continued problems.

I wouldnt say benzo withdrawal per say, the situation is probably more nuanced than that.

While Benzo withdrawal is certainly a possibility I dont think this is strictly what has happened here.

To reiterate what you said you took FIVE 2mg bars? And used xanax at a similar level recreationally a few times?

That is an extremely high dose, particularly if you dont have a proper habit. Honestly I wouldnt ever see the benefit of exceeding 3mg or so recreationally. Say diazepam or bromazepam are benzos that may be more enjoyable with higher dosing but even then, xanax is very potent and its amnesic/sedative effect at those doses would be the only thing yoi are really increasing. But anyway, it would be reasonable to say that at 10mg of sporadic recreational abuse that you experience rebound effects; spikes in anxiety and agitation after such uses.

While this isnt withdrawal per say said anxiety can be powerful and create an issue in and of itself. You experience some insomnia/anxiety -> discomfort/fear of the anxiety -> more anxiety etc.

I would recommend learning to deal with anxiety better psychologically; techniques such as mindfulness. Particularly your relationship with anxiety around sleep. Its paradoxical but if you have some worry about sleep the worst response is to engage with the thoughts/be swept away by them. That automatic reaction where you start TRYING to sleep will actually increase your anxiety, cement the fear you may have in sleeping/not sleeping and hence increase your vigilance/wakefulness. I mean we cant ever be certain about anything, on any given night until the day we die there is a chance that me or you may or may not sleep. And thats okay. You need to be okay with that. "If i sleep good, if I dont then I dont", while being aware of anxious rhoughts popping in but not getting caught up in them, being okay with their presence. You will notice that with this perspective you will chill and almost always sleep well. Reduce your expectations.

If you really want get some antihistamines like doxylamine, diphenhydramine or hydroxyzine to take in the evening here and there.

I dont think you are in benzo withdrawal per say but may have experienced some powerful rebound anxiety; which can itself be very uncomfortable and start being feared. Ie; anxioud about being anxious.

Otherwise just lay off the xanax and you should be fine. Avoid massive recreational doses, there really is no benefit. Benzos are a curious creature. You cant approach them like most substances that recreationally exceed your expectations and have a strong feeling. Benzos reduce your overall expectations about pretty much everything, making you chill and giddy, therein lies their recreational value. Which doesnt need huge dosing.

Take care.

EDIT: to kind of sum it, I think your xanax use and the ensuing rebound anxiety triggered some anxiety/rumination/vigilance in you that is causing you the continued problems.

Hi thank's for the response, you're spot on man! Ive been scared of not being able to sleep ever since my father died when i as 16. And though i want to believe i'm not in withdrawal, i'm having the weird vision and i can't even listen to music.... Also every little sound comes in very hard and 'hits my brain'.. I guess these are minor withdrawals and will quickly fade?? I'm never touching that stuff again i just hope i haven't done permanent damage..

Hi thank's for the response, you're spot on man! Ive been scared of not being able to sleep ever since my father died when i as 16. And though i want to believe i'm not in withdrawal, i'm having the weird vision and i can't even listen to music.... Also every little sound comes in very hard and 'hits my brain'.. I guess these are minor withdrawals and will quickly fade?? I'm never touching that stuff again i just hope i haven't done permanent damage..

Let me stop you right there. Im diagnosed with GAD/OCD as well as with a neuropsychology background and what you are saying AND experiencing is resonating strongly. You are AT WORST experiencing rebound (I am 99% sure you do not have a dependency, though nothing is ever 100% certain, another fact you must accept) which shouldnt last more than 1-3 days at the very most.

I am also 99% sure that the symptoms you describe; visual disturbances, palinopsia, auditory sensitivity and brain zaps are being caused by your anxiety. You would be bloody surprised of how much anxiety is capable, I was convinced I was going insane in my acute episode; the myriad of perceuptual disturbances and particularly the hypervigilance/awareness. I had distortions from flashes and sweeping shapes in my peripheral, swirling coloured points, seeing the fucking blood vessels in my eye when I looked at the sky in time with my pulse.

Trust me. You are not in danger. While benzos can be nasty with rebound anxiety you could have taken 50mg and not caused any damage. You dont have a habit. You havent messed up anything neurologically. The only thing you have done is trigger some rather strong anxiety; which is worsening itself in a vicious cycle. The more you try and check/self reassure/be vigilant/get caught up in rumination the more strength your anxiety/threat-detection (which here is irrationally applied) will have.

This is sounding like textbook anxiety that happened to be triggered by a high ish dose xanax rebound.

Let me stop you right there. Im diagnosed with GAD/OCD as well as with a neuropsychology background and what you are saying AND experiencing is resonating strongly. You are AT WORST experiencing rebound (I am 99% sure you do not have a dependency, though nothing is ever 100% certain, another fact you must accept) which shouldnt last more than 1-3 days at the very most.

I am also 99% sure that the symptoms you describe; visual disturbances, palinopsia, auditory sensitivity and brain zaps are being caused by your anxiety. You would be bloody surprised of how much anxiety is capable, I was convinced I was going insane in my acute episode; the myriad of perceuptual disturbances and particularly the hypervigilance/awareness. I had distortions from flashes and sweeping shapes in my peripheral, swirling coloured points, seeing the fucking blood vessels in my eye when I looked at the sky in time with my pulse.

Trust me. You are not in danger. While benzos can be nasty with rebound anxiety you could have taken 50mg and not caused any damage. You dont have a habit. You havent messed up anything neurologically. The only thing you have done is trigger some rather strong anxiety; which is worsening itself in a vicious cycle. The more you try and check/self reassure/be vigilant/get caught up in rumination the more strength your anxiety/threat-detection (which here is irrationally applied) will have.

This is sounding like textbook anxiety that happened to be triggered by a high ish dose xanax rebound.

Wow man i knew anxiety was capable of alot but this.. Just wow. Thank's a lot for ur response and atleast reasuring me a bit! Really it means a lot!!

Wow man i knew anxiety was capable of alot but this.. Just wow. Thank's a lot for ur response and atleast reasuring me a bit! Really it means a lot!!

I will spare you the details, but what I described is a mere fraction of the dozens of things that arose pretty much solely from and were worsened solely by; my anxiety. In one downard spiral I can only described as having ended in the greatest terror and physical not just mental pain I have ever experienced. I came out of it a new person, not just because I had to question, reflect and change everything I knew about anxiety, my psychology and the mind but also because it was so intense I truly feel like it was the life event that has most acutely changed me. Because it broke me. BUT NONE OF IT MAY HAVE HAPPENED had I not had ignorances and a lack of insight beforehand. Part of what made it so vicious is the sensation that you are also experiencing; that there is no way this is anxiety, something more HAS to be happening. Guess what? Just anxiety, i've seen almost every single symptom all but vanish in the year since as I have learned to have a better relatonship with anxious thoughts and gained insight into how the human mind tends to function.

While my experience may sound scary it is actually exactly what you need to hear. I learned from my erroneous mode of thinking the hard way, but you can learn and benefit from it before the fact. I was never in any actual danger, and neither are you! :D But by engaging with anxious thoughts in a negative manner; by buying into the fear of uncertainty, by TRYING TO CONTROL and be aware of everything (which is what it feels like you should do but you SHOULD NOT) you are actually just amplifying the presence of anxiety in your mind, this consumes your working memory and attention in a progressively increasing manner when there isnt an actual threat and what you are afraid of is symptoms of the over-active danger-aversion mechanism we all have. Which is literally fuelling itself. The more your attention is consumed with fear and trying to control said fear (particularly) the more sensitive you will be. This hypersensitivity will lead you to notice "more problems", will make you feel more overall unsteady and crucially will neurologically increase your overall neural stimulation (literally). If each of your senses are in a state of hightened activity (induced by powerful anxiety) this can literally make random/non-meaningful neural activity surpass your perceptual threshold and hence; your perceptual disturbances.

You need to do some acceptance work first and foremost; of truths you deep down know to be true. A) Almost NOTHING in life is in our total control, and you will notice that anxiety revolves around seeking irrational levels of control (like being uncomfortable with the possibility of getting shitty or no sleep, which happens to everyone), B ) You feel like you are in danger but it is probable that there is literally nothing to be truly afraid of. And finally that you have a poor reaction to anxious thoughts/fears and have a tendency to get involved in trying to "solve" everything that while it feels like the right thing to do (and is commonly the innate response ironically) is actually detrimental.

Now you dont need to do any more thinking about those things/rationalisation, youve logically prossesed them. So now the anxiety; when it arises or when any of your symptoms arise you need to be Mindful, a technique which takes a bit of time and practice but the jey is that it is effortless. Unlike engaging with anxious thoughts (putting cognitive effort in) you want to let the thoughts, feelings and sensations come and go. You need to let them be, because they really arent your enemy, they sre a part of you, they ARE you in a sense. Not only is there no point in resisting/avoiding/checking against them/fighting them but it is acrually very detrimental. Let yourself feel the feelings that arise, notice the thoughts, but you need not be afraid of them, they dont have to define you, everyone has irrational psychological elements whether or not they admit it. Its okay. I really recommend Mindfulness, particularly a free app called Headspace that teaches it to you as meditation, but not spiritual, entirely a psychological approach. And its awesome, very relaxing as well.

Man I could keep on talking about this, I have learned a lot in the last year and have integrated it with my Neuroscience studies, but I cant understate how safe you are and how hard anxiety can turn against you I was in my third year of my Science degree and I was still overwhelmed and crushed by my lack of insight. If youd like to know more or have any questions ask away as I could keep going for far more than one text response would allow haha.

Last edited:
Agreed, sounds like rebound anxiety. Doesn't sound like you've ever experienced (benzo) withdrawal, therefore are questioning it. Once you know the feeling, it's pretty easy to tell if it's genuine withdrawal because there's no feeling benzo/opiate/etc withdrawal. Also since your 48 hours in don't purchase more and 'taper', it'll pass before you know it. Good luck!

I will spare you the details, but what I described is a mere fraction of the dozens of things that arose pretty much solely from and were worsened solely by; my anxiety. In one downard spiral I can only described as having ended in the greatest terror and physical not just mental pain I have ever experienced. I came out of it a new person, not just because I had to question, reflect and change everything I knew about anxiety, my psychology and the mind but also because it was so intense I truly feel like it was the life event that has most acutely changed me. Because it broke me. BUT NONE OF IT MAY HAVE HAPPENED had I not had ignorances and a lack of insight beforehand. Part of what made it so vicious is the sensation that you are also experiencing; that there is no way this is anxiety, something more HAS to be happening. Guess what? Just anxiety, i've seen almost every single symptom all but vanish in the year since as I have learned to have a better relatonship with anxious thoughts and gained insight into how the human mind tends to function.

While my experience may sound scary it is actually exactly what you need to hear. I learned from my erroneous mode of thinking the hard way, but you can learn and benefit from it before the fact. I was never in any actual danger, and neither are you! :D But by engaging with anxious thoughts in a negative manner; by buying into the fear of uncertainty, by TRYING TO CONTROL and be aware of everything (which is what it feels like you should do but you SHOULD NOT) you are actually just amplifying the presence of anxiety in your mind, this consumes your working memory and attention in a progressively increasing manner when there isnt an actual threat and what you are afraid of is symptoms of the over-active danger-aversion mechanism we all have. Which is literally fuelling itself. The more your attention is consumed with fear and trying to control said fear (particularly) the more sensitive you will be. This hypersensitivity will lead you to notice "more problems", will make you feel more overall unsteady and crucially will neurologically increase your overall neural stimulation (literally). If each of your senses are in a state of hightened activity (induced by powerful anxiety) this can literally make random/non-meaningful neural activity surpass your perceptual threshold and hence; your perceptual disturbances.

You need to do some acceptance work first and foremost; of truths you deep down know to be true. A) Almost NOTHING in life is in our total control, and you will notice that anxiety revolves around seeking irrational levels of control (like being uncomfortable with the possibility of getting shitty or no sleep, which happens to everyone), B ) You feel like you are in danger but it is probable that there is literally nothing to be truly afraid of. And finally that you have a poor reaction to anxious thoughts/fears and have a tendency to get involved in trying to "solve" everything that while it feels like the right thing to do (and is commonly the innate response ironically) is actually detrimental.

Now you dont need to do any more thinking about those things/rationalisation, youve logically prossesed them. So now the anxiety; when it arises or when any of your symptoms arise you need to be Mindful, a technique which takes a bit of time and practice but the jey is that it is effortless. Unlike engaging with anxious thoughts (putting cognitive effort in) you want to let the thoughts, feelings and sensations come and go. You need to let them be, because they really arent your enemy, they sre a part of you, they ARE you in a sense. Not only is there no point in resisting/avoiding/checking against them/fighting them but it is acrually very detrimental. Let yourself feel the feelings that arise, notice the thoughts, but you need not be afraid of them, they dont have to define you, everyone has irrational psychological elements whether or not they admit it. Its okay. I really recommend Mindfulness, particularly a free app called Headspace that teaches it to you as meditation, but not spiritual, entirely a psychological approach. And its awesome, very relaxing as well.

Man I could keep on talking about this, I have learned a lot in the last year and have integrated it with my Neuroscience studies, but I cant understate how safe you are and how hard anxiety can turn against you I was in my third year of my Science degree and I was still overwhelmed and crushed by my lack of insight. If youd like to know more or have any questions ask away as I could keep going for far more than one text response would allow haha.

Wow man, thank you so much for taking your time to answer. I knew anxiety was bad, and i only had it as weird stomach problems :p. I had a pretty decent sleep tonight, but wow the headpressure i have now and pressure on my jaws is crazy :p.. Maybe i'm also confusing the weed detox with the benzo.. But it was just never this bad. Like you're saying i just got to start living day by day and stop overthinking everything so much.. And maybe i'm still underestimating the power of anxiety.. But when you read all of these stories about benzo's, there's no other way than be a little scared :p especially when the symptoms match haha. Anyway thank's a lot for taking ur time to help me out!

OP said:
so yeah i know it's stupid but i bought some more xanax cus i had exams.

Yeah, Xanax is not the best study aid, I hope you realize.

Let's change things up and substitute New Years pharmacology with alcohol. So on New Years you drink an entire 1.5 liter handle of liquor. You don't remember, but somehow you wake up in your bed. You feel pretty awful and still a little drunk so you open another bottle, and drink half. Next day another half. Then you drop to just a tumbler with ice, and go to bed early. With a lot of weed cause you can't sleep.

So then it's the 8th and you know you gotta go back to school, and you get anxious, but more than usual, even considering you were drunk and unproductive the last two weeks.

So you go to BevMo of your Country, and buy more of this amazing anti-anxiety liquor. Cause you have tests coming up, and you don't want to be nervous for them. So for another four days you stay drunk.

Then you stop weed and liquor and feel like panic is coming on, and start reading the internet. Horror stories for whatever med a person takes. Some are true, most are not.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but benzos work on your brain the same way alcohol does. Alcohol is a lot sloppier in your brain, but the main intoxicating part is the same for both drugs. And the Xanax is strong and short-lived just like alcohol. When you stop either drug, you get the same symptoms, including severe anxiety and risk of seizures. Insomnia and hallucinations happen too. Going CT from either can be dangerous, but usually takes a much worse habit that you had.

Given it's been 48 (now, what 60 hours?) unless you took some since, no reason not to stay away from it. If you were going to have a severe withdrawal syndrome, it would have started over a day ago.

Xanax/alprazolam is one of the more addictive benzos, and you need to decide how risky it is for you if you want to use them again. If you have anxiety in general, there are other meds out there. And benzos make you dumb (while you're on them) just like alcohol. They are definitely not something you want to take for studying or test-taking.

You'll be fine, stick to weed for a while.

Yeah, Xanax is not the best study aid, I hope you realize.

Let's change things up and substitute New Years pharmacology with alcohol. So on New Years you drink an entire 1.5 liter handle of liquor. You don't remember, but somehow you wake up in your bed. You feel pretty awful and still a little drunk so you open another bottle, and drink half. Next day another half. Then you drop to just a tumbler with ice, and go to bed early. With a lot of weed cause you can't sleep.

So then it's the 8th and you know you gotta go back to school, and you get anxious, but more than usual, even considering you were drunk and unproductive the last two weeks.

So you go to BevMo of your Country, and buy more of this amazing anti-anxiety liquor. Cause you have tests coming up, and you don't want to be nervous for them. So for another four days you stay drunk.

Then you stop weed and liquor and feel like panic is coming on, and start reading the internet. Horror stories for whatever med a person takes. Some are true, most are not.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but benzos work on your brain the same way alcohol does. Alcohol is a lot sloppier in your brain, but the main intoxicating part is the same for both drugs. And the Xanax is strong and short-lived just like alcohol. When you stop either drug, you get the same symptoms, including severe anxiety and risk of seizures. Insomnia and hallucinations happen too. Going CT from either can be dangerous, but usually takes a much worse habit that you had.

Given it's been 48 (now, what 60 hours?) unless you took some since, no reason not to stay away from it. If you were going to have a severe withdrawal syndrome, it would have started over a day ago.

Xanax/alprazolam is one of the more addictive benzos, and you need to decide how risky it is for you if you want to use them again. If you have anxiety in general, there are other meds out there. And benzos make you dumb (while you're on them) just like alcohol. They are definitely not something you want to take for studying or test-taking.

You'll be fine, stick to weed for a while.

Thank's for putting this in perspective, benzo's are just kind of unkown territory for me. I couldn't even handle these small withdrawals so i'll stay away from this shit hahaha :p. indeed it should've been around 60 hours. So i guess i made the right choice by not tapering but just going ct and sit it out?

Well, the taper is for two reasons: safety against seizures, and comfort. Some of that comfort is so you don't run out and eat a whole bottle because you're so anxious.

Seizures are serious, so they're taken seriously. It's tougher than with booze, because a benzo habit that's dangerously high, is unnoticeable to other people. It doesn't bring the watery-eyed stench that booze does [yr. mod is a former pro-drunk who has gone through seizing withdrawals, and noticed no stench himself, despite complaints], so you can't judge where you are on the excessive-intake scale.

BUT, if it's like booze, it takes a LOT to trigger them. Once you've been off a short-lived benzo for nearly three days, from a single bender, you're probably out of the woods and over the mountain range, into the desert of just another school term.

If it happens again, it's Ok, to take half the dose the next day, for two days, even longer; better safe than scaring your roommates at dinner with a full seizure.

EDIT: And don't ever mix them with alcohol. Weed's OK. But don't drive. Brush your teeth.

Last edited:
Well, the taper is for two reasons: safety against seizures, and comfort. Some of that comfort is so you don't run out and eat a whole bottle because you're so anxious.

Seizures are serious, so they're taken seriously. It's tougher than with booze, because a benzo habit that's dangerously high, is unnoticeable to other people. It doesn't bring the watery-eyed stench that booze does [yr. mod is a former pro-drunk who has gone through seizing withdrawals, and noticed no stench himself, despite complaints], so you can't judge where you are on the excessive-intake scale.

BUT, if it's like booze, it takes a LOT to trigger them. Once you've been off a short-lived benzo for nearly three days, from a single bender, you're probably out of the woods and over the mountain range, into the desert of just another school term.

If it happens again, it's Ok, to take half the dose the next day, for two days, even longer; better safe than scaring your roommates at dinner with a full seizure.

EDIT: And don't ever mix them with alcohol. Weed's OK. But don't drive. Brush your teeth.

Thanks for the extra advice, anxiety is getting better, though my muscles have no power, my left cheek feels numbs and my teeth feel weird. I guess this also to blame on the benzo's?..

Thanks for the extra advice, anxiety is getting better, though my muscles have no power, my left cheek feels numbs and my teeth feel weird. I guess this also to blame on the benzo's?..

100%. Teeth and jaw pain is my number one symptom in benzo withdrawal. It will pass though, only time will heal.

Do you get more pain at night? For me my jaw/teeth are in agony every time I lie down to sleep but don't notice it as much during the day.

100%. Teeth and jaw pain is my number one symptom in benzo withdrawal. It will pass though, only time will heal.

Do you get more pain at night? For me my jaw/teeth are in agony every time I lie down to sleep but don't notice it as much during the day.

yes man, whenever i try to sleep everything get worse. Starting to doubt if i shouldn't taper. though it's been almost 60h since my last dose... i don't know i'm just doubting everything :/

Thank God I never had real benzo withdrawl.. I got cut off once from 4mg diazepam per day but was no problem really cos I didn't use it every day...I'd save it up and use it PRN at a more realistic dose...

It's still really easy to get RC benzos in the UK even after rhe RC ban, but I don't bother with them...when they (RC benzos) were legal in the UK you got them delivered next day and while I still have a contact with an overseas RC company, it takes almost a week for the international bank transfer to process and for them to arrive....and they're more expensive...but clonazolam is my favourite..

After the months of hell I went through with methadone withdrawl, I don't think I could face benzo withdrawl now.. I'm too old for that shit

yes man, whenever i try to sleep everything get worse. Starting to doubt if i shouldn't taper. though it's been almost 60h since my last dose... i don't know i'm just doubting everything :/

I'm 6 weeks in this time around mate, don't give up.

Thank God I never had real benzo withdrawl.. I got cut off once from 4mg diazepam per day but was no problem really cos I didn't use it every day...I'd save it up and use it PRN at a more realistic dose...

It's still really easy to get RC benzos in the UK even after rhe RC ban, but I don't bother with them...when they (RC benzos) were legal in the UK you got them delivered next day and while I still have a contact with an overseas RC company, it takes almost a week for the international bank transfer to process and for them to arrive....and they're more expensive...but clonazolam is my favourite..

After the months of hell I went through with methadone withdrawl, I don't think I could face benzo withdrawl now.. I'm too old for that shit

You know the thing with these benzo's is you're suddenly hooked, even after a binge (my situation). It's the weirdest drug ive ever met.

Thanks for the kind words man and congrats keep it going!! You also suggest i sit it out at this time and don't taper?

From what you've posted you it doesn't seem as though you've had a long period (1motnh+) of taking benzos so I would say that a taper was not necessary.