• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can you OD on heroin if you snort it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yello

Greenlighter
How much heroin would you need to guarantee an overdose? Is it possible to overdose by snorting it?

hello yello

how long is a piece of string? it IS possible to overdose on smack by snorting, or smoking, or plugging, or injecting or eating or ...

be careful dude!!!

and welcome :)

How much you need to overdose is dependent on the user's tolerance and the purity of the heroin. You can overdose with any ROA.

You can overdose through any route, if you have been told otherwise, do some research.

hello yello

how long is a piece of string? it IS possible to overdose on smack by snorting, or smoking, or plugging, or injecting or eating or ...

be careful dude!!!

and welcome :)

It wouldn't be possible to overdose with a really small amount right?

It depends on what you mean by a "really small amount" but yes, starting with small amounts and working your way up is the safest way to avoid an overdose with a drug of unknown purity like heroin. Start small.

You can overdose from snorting heroin, from smoking heroin, even from eating heroin....or from any other ROA.

-Heroin is a street drug, it is impossible to know the purity of the heroin you've got, so therefore, it is impossible to tell you an exact amount.
-Everybody reacts differently to every drug, considering personal reaction, tolerance, other drugs in your system, etc.

This question is very strange to me. Are you asking how much heroin you would need to overdose? You don't want to overdose on heroin, trust me.

Depends, as for a new user with no tolerance, snorting 10-20mg can kill you. But that's pure heroin. Depends on how small we're talking about...

I can only assume the OP wants to know so they don't OD. Generally speaking, if you don't know the quality of your stuff, start with taking the smallest possible amount. Wait an hour or two. And work your way up... That is thy golden rule (start small work your way up, that is)

If you do more will it feel better or the same? I know people who use heroin will build up a tolerance, but if you take more than you regularly take will the high feel better?

Up to a point yes. But after you get to a certain dosage, it will stop being fun and you'll get really sick and the experience will...well, not be fun anymore.

That's why is very important to increase your dose very slowly and carefully.

if you take more than you regularly take you might just end up killing yourself....

Why all the questions? Do you wanna start using heroin or just learn more about it? Yes, once people build up a tolerance they need more heroin to feel the same/more powerful results. But if you don't have a tolerance a little heroin goes a LONG WAY. And by the time you've built up a tolerance you normally have a feel for your connections/dosing/quality of the dope, so this is less an issue (as you have a better understanding of it that comes with experience). But even for experienced users, such as when I used to use dope, unless I knew exactly what it was (rare) I'd always start with half the amount that would probably get me high just to be sure.

You can always take more, but once you've taken to much, well, you can't take that back (but you can take Naloxone or have someone else give it to you, but I hope you never get to that point OP :\)

This question is very strange to me. Are you asking how much heroin you would need to overdose? You don't want to overdose on heroin, trust me.

I'd rather overdose on heroin than cocaine... assuming no one found me and shot me up with narcan.

The goal here is definitely to not overdose period, not discuss which OD is the best/worst.

A heroin overdose is anything but painless. I'm getting a strange vibe as well.

Feel free to visit The Dark Side (as mentioned above) or shoot me a PM if you have any concerns...

Status
Not open for further replies.