Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

My Best Kratom Experience+ A New Perspective

kratomist

Greenlighter
I have quite a bit of experience with kratom in the last 6 months since starting to use it. I have done it at least 50 times now with the maximum amount I used in a day being maybe about 20 grams. Anyhow I was quite addicted a few times,and just quit again about a week ago,after only a 3 day binge because on the last morning I couldnt get out of bed until about 2:00 in the aft due to feeling so horrible.

Anyhow a few days later I was feeling rather depressed,probably from withdrawls, so I thought I would try another dose of kratom again,telling myself that I wouldnt do it more than one day in a row to see if that would make it easier to deal with. Around ten pm after vaping weed with a couple buddys and feeling pretty good, I went to Starbucks to grab a green tea Frappacinno. This is my favorite thing to mix my kratom into,altough I also like using other thick drinks like milkshakes or frozen coffee drinks. The green tea really blends well with the kratom,since the matcha powder is also powdered leaf,and green tea has very relaxing qualities as well. I mixed about 1 1/2 Tbsps in very thoroughly and started feeling really great within minutes after starting to drink it .

I wasnt expecting much by the way,because this particular kratom didnt get me very high before,so I just stuck it in a drawer in case of emergency,like bad withdrawls. I should also mention that I drank a small bottle of grapefruit cocktail(sweetend with sugar) ,because I have read that it can potentiate drugs like kratom. Anyhow I ended up getting higher than Ive ever been on kratom that night,it was totally awesome,mentally ,spiritually and physically too. I was so high I didnt sleep at all ,and still felt pretty good the next day for someone with no sleep. It was like an amazing revelation . I would therefore very strongly recommend anyone using kratom to try grapefruit juice next time.

I would also recommend to keep your doses low like well under 10 grams,and not to dose more than once in a day. These things will help keep your tolerence down,and besides the more you do the more likely you will get sick. Aside from my stomach issues,my heavy usage also affected my sleep very badly and this is why I would have a brutal time getting up in the morning. Even though I still liked the buzz,the negatives just werent worth the positives. Anyhow I think I am on the right path now,since I now have a serious respect for this incredible plant,and will no longer be taking any more than I know I can handle. I have been using small amounts daily for the past several days,usually around 5:00 pm. I dont want to take it earlier,because I want to stay busy during the day,and I dont want to take it late,because I want to be coming down when I am ready to go to sleep, so I know I will get a decent REM stage sleep.

Hopefully people reading this who are using kratom or want to try kratom will heed this advice ,or some of it anyhow and come back and let us know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to bluelight, kratomist. I can tell by both your report and your user name that you might like kratom a little bit. I edited your post with paragraphs so everyone can read it easier.

Kratom is really nice, Ive been on a 2 month binge and my tolerance has gotten really high though, no dose gets the opiate like feeling back. Hoping after 3 weeks off kratom and laying off other opiates ill be able to enjoy it more

I have a rather new found love for kratom. It's so amazing, it make me feel so happy and euphoric, and stimulated too! I like it better than oxycodone...

I usually dose pretty high though. Usually 15g+. Otherwise I feel like the buzz is too weak. I guess I'm a go big or go home kinda guy...

I have a rather new found love for kratom. It's so amazing, it make me feel so happy and euphoric, and stimulated too! I like it better than oxycodone...

I usually dose pretty high though. Usually 15g+. Otherwise I feel like the buzz is too weak. I guess I'm a go big or go home kinda guy...

How long have you been using. Im up to probably around 20grams and though I still get the effects the "magic" is gone. Seems more benzo or kava like than opiate like (it was exactly like opiates at first)

Haven't been using kratom until rather recently so I haven't used a whole lot of it, but lately I've used enough of it. Maybe once or twice a week for the past month or so.

However in the early summer I used poppy pod tea about 1-2 times a week, and my tolerance to that built extremely fast. Now I seem to have a high opiate tolerance.

Funny, that magic you mention, I know what you speak of. Many people have compare kratom to a good dose of oxy with a low dose of MDMA, and I totally agree. There's definitely much more empathy and feeling of 'closeness' with others than I feel on typical opiates. Much more stimulation too. There is most certainly somewhat of a 'rolling' feeling that goes with kratom, I hope it doesn't go away!! :)

Welcome to bluelight, kratomist. I can tell by both your report and your user name that you might like kratom a little bit. I edited your post with paragraphs so everyone can read it easier.
Thanks for the welcome,and for breaking up the paragraphs,seems to be a bad habit of mine at times. Yes I certainly do like it a bit,especially now that I seem to have some control over it.As far as my username goes,I thought I would point out that it is also two very powerful words in one. You will see that it is the word atom inside the word Krist.

How long have you been using. Im up to probably around 20grams and though I still get the effects the "magic" is gone. Seems more benzo or kava like than opiate like (it was exactly like opiates at first

I can totally relate to what you are saying. Now that I am done to 5-8 g once day ,the nice warm body buzz is back,and so is the unshakeable euphoria that goes along with it.

I was going on binges taking at least 15 grams a day,and though i said I took a max 20g in my first post,after thinking about it a bit,I realized I was probably taking about 30 g somedays. I would have one in the morning,maybe 2 in the aft,and one or two more at night. I never measured my doses ,just dumping out piles of kratom into my drinks. I know I made them really strong sometimes,so there was probably about 6-8 g average in each.Now I use a teaspoon to measure,and the last few days have used 2-3 teaspoons in each drink. Tonight I drank my Kratom at 6:00 about 4 hrs ago,and still have a very decent buzz going. Sure I am tempted to do more,but I also know I want to get to sleep at a reasonable time,plus I dont want to bring my tolerance up,to f'up my buzz tomorrow. I am also considering skipping a day or two someday soon just to really bring my tolerance back down.

Last edited:
I also am confident that if I really want to quit for a few days or whatever amount of time,that it will be much easier now that I have cut way back on my usage. That was one of the worst parts about being totally wired to kratom. I always knew that coming off it would be very hard,and so it was ,partly because I was so physically dependent on it,and because I was in such poor shape due to not sleeping/eating properly. The other physical stressor was that my body had to process such a large amount of the drug,and my body/brain never got a chance to recover from this as it needs to,I believe on a daily basis . When I started on it I was so happy to find this miracle drug that seemed to cure all my problems. Of course it was incredibly dissapointing when it stopped working,leaving me sooo sick+dejected,I ended up in the worst depressions I have known whenever I finally got to the point that I had to stop. Thank God I have finally seen the light,and never want to go back to that vicious cycle again.

Last edited:
Haven't been using kratom until rather recently so I haven't used a whole lot of it, but lately I've used enough of it. Maybe once or twice a week for the past month or so.

However in the early summer I used poppy pod tea about 1-2 times a week, and my tolerance to that built extremely fast. Now I seem to have a high opiate tolerance.

Funny, that magic you mention, I know what you speak of. Many people have compare kratom to a good dose of oxy with a low dose of MDMA, and I totally agree. There's definitely much more empathy and feeling of 'closeness' with others than I feel on typical opiates. Much more stimulation too. There is most certainly somewhat of a 'rolling' feeling that goes with kratom, I hope it doesn't go away!! :)

If your using it once or twice a week your probably in good shape. I used it daily for about 3 weeks and it stopped being fun and became dysphoric. Ive been off it for 4 days with no serious problems but being a bit tired and defiantly some heavy sweating but not much else :). I will give it another go in about 3 weeks and space my doses much more.

A question for the daily users: How much do you have to take to get an effect if using for 2 or more days in a row? Also, How do you not gag and vomit when drinking such large amounts of that foul sludge?

I take about 7 grams of leaf (the stronger kind that the kratom store sells) and follow it with 2 doses of extract. For me, kratom doesn't work if I take it 2 days in a row. I end up taking it about once every one or 2 weeks, but always get a good buzz. Also, I don't notice any difference when I take grapefruit juice.

for me I have to use +20 grams to get effects the next day and they are never as good but with +20grams I could go for weeks and still get some decent effects but like I said the "magic" was gone. As far as drinking sludge I never had to, I just weighed out my dose into a dixie cup and would use a teaspoon to shovel a spoonful under my tongue, i'd then wash this down with some grapefruit juice (I don't know if it helps the high but it DOES help the taste alot) and just repeat until the cup was empty.

Tossing and washing with really fine powders I barely taste anything and after a while the taste didn't bother me, I even took a liking to it. Less finely ground powders were always harder to palate for me though

PHP:
Kratom has really proven to be a godsend in my life

Gald to hear it,and thanks for sharing your story.

I ended up ruining my night last night when I got home,I was still feeling a bit too high to sleep. Of course I was vaping weed all night too. Anyhow I grabbed the bottle of DXM cough syrup I had by my bed and ended up drinking nearly half of it. I figured it would help me pass out. Anyhow it gave me a decent buzz,but also ended up giving m th sh#$s so I was running to the bathroom all night. I was totally wiped out today because of it and got nothing done. Never again will I do DXM .The last time made me sick too

I took my Kratom tonight around 5:00 and feel pretty decent. Im certainly not as high as I was several nights ago,which I talked about in the first post. However I still feel quite a bit better than I did a few hours ago,so that is the main thing a far as I am concerned. The "magic" is definitely still there,and I will probably feel fine tomorrow too.

For me, kratom doesn't work if I take it 2 days in a row

Im glad Im not having that problem,but if I do I will definitely quit again for a
while.

PHP:
Also, How do you not gag and vomit when drinking such large amounts of that foul sludge?

As I said earlier, to me thick frozen drinks(milkshakes,smoothies,frappacinnos etc) are the best way by far to consume Kratom. I cant imgine doing a toss and wash,or just mixing it with water,that is totally gross! I have tried making a tea several times,and I dont think the buzz is nearly as good or long lasting as consuming all of th powder.

I tried the yorgurt method, and I hated it. Took me a good hour to get it all down and every bite was vile. it was good strawberry yogurt too. Ugh...

However, it set in good and strong, and lasted very long. I'll stick with my orange juice method though. Or I might try toss and wash.

Damn now I wanna go home and dose up. I've been thinking I'd like to keep this to weekends only, but I currently have quite an abundance of it, and I have been wanting to dose on week days here and there. I haven't dosed since Tuesday. Addiction of any kind scares me so I want to be super careful.

Is this stuff really not as addictive as traditional opiates? It sure feels like it can be.

I tried the yorgurt method, and I hated it
I wouldnt care for that either,since I dont really care for yogurt . Smoothies with frozen yogurt ,sugar, and fresh fuit can be good though. Doesnt anybody else use frozen drinks like frozen coffee drinks,or milkshakes? I havent read about anyone else doing it on the forums . Im telling you that it really works great so give it a try. Since the drinks are thick the powder totally blends into them instead of just floating on top. The thickness and sweetness of the drink also make it sooo much easier to swallow.

Is this stuff really not as addictive as traditional opiates? It sure feels like it can be.
Ive never really been addicted to real opiates ,but I will occasioally look around for oxys or similar. I guess I have a healthy kind of fear,so I dont look tto hard for them.

Its defiantly not as addicting as hard opiates. After pretty much daily use for 3 months I dropped straight off of it and there were some notable effects, mostly being a pretty tired, maybe a bit of depression and fiending for it (i purposely ran out during a period my supplier would be gone, so i kinda am on a forced 3 week break) I also noticed some really heavy sweating, this is probably the most notable thing but really the effects aren't bad at all. Ive been through true opiate withdrawal from buprenorphine and methadone at different times and I can say that Kratom doesn't compare in the severeness of the symptoms but for some reason kratom withdrawal does feel distinctly like opiate withdrawal in some ways I can't really put my finger on.

A question for the daily users: How much do you have to take to get an effect if using for 2 or more days in a row? Also, How do you not gag and vomit when drinking such large amounts of that foul sludge?

My dose stays about the same for the first few days, then it slowly starts to increase with each consecutive consumption.

I have to buy gel caps and put it in there to take it. i had a very bad experience with the powder once ( i tried mixing it, applesauce and wash a toss) and ever since then even thinking about it makes me gag. gel caps are somewhat expensive but for me its more then worth it, no foul taste/texture, no gagging and choking..makes for a much nicer overall experience

Good to know. Back when I used poppy pods, I did my best to limit it to weekends only, and usually only one strong cup per weekend, occasionally 2. Sometimes I'd dose during the week, but rarely. I did this because I knew I was messing with the real deal, with something extremely addicting, and even after such limited usage, I stared to feel slight withdrawal symptoms when I wouldn't use. For example I would dose up once or twice on the weekend, and then by Wednesday I'd be feeling extremely irritable, sweating, tired, and feenin' for the weekend to get here.

I'd like to avoid that. I think I will simply try to stick to the same rule. Once or twice a week shouldn't be a problem.

Good to see you've got Kratom under your thumb OP. The first few times I tried it I put it in green tea like you did but now tossing and washing is just easier and hits faster (don't mind the taste at all). After reading your post I'm definitely going to try out the grapefruit juice if I get a chance to dose this weekend. I know that grapefruit inhibits some enyzmes but thought I heard that since Kratom contains some opiod receptor inhibitors as well as agnostics it wasn't detrimental to take it as the inhibitors won't get broken down either. Anywhoo worth an experiment and I'll report back.

Anyhow I grabbed the bottle of DXM cough syrup I had by my bed and ended up drinking nearly half of it. I figured it would help me pass out. Anyhow it gave me a decent buzz,but also ended up giving m th sh#$s so I was running to the bathroom all night. I was totally wiped out today because of it and got nothing done. Never again will I do DXM .The last time made me sick too

Check if your DXM brand contains sorbitol as a sweetener. It's also a good laxative.

Check if your DXM brand contains sorbitol as a sweetener. It's also a good laxative

thanks for the tip,I threw out the little bit I had left,but I will check it out next time I go to Shoppers Drug Mart. It was their Life Brand syrup,and its too bad because it was the best tasting cough syrup Ive tried,and I did get a good dreamy buzz.

PHP:
I know that grapefruit inhibits some enyzmes but thought I heard that since Kratom contains some opiod receptor inhibitors as well as agnostics it wasn't detrimental to take it as the inhibitors won't get broken down either
Im not totally sure this is the reason Ive been having positive results with Kratom,since I didnt have any yesterday,and was still quite buzzed. Anyhow I drank a bottle tonight a couple hours ago after taking my Kratom. I was already feeling really good,but I think I feel even better now. Well it certainly cant hurt,and the ruby red with sugar tastes as good as any juice to me.
I must admit I felt rather sluggish today. I slept in until about 10:00 ,but I can forgive myself since I had a really bad sleep the other night. I am starting to think about getting to a gym in the morns. I think it would be great for my confidence and my resolve.

PHP:
Good to see you've got Kratom under your thumb OP

Thanks ,I am really happy about it too,and I think I would like to try cutting back further to see how I feel about it.

PHP:
tossing and washing is just easier and hits faster (don't mind the taste at a
ll

many people like me cant stand the taste at least not for more than a few minutes ,thats why I have to keep recommending mixing the powder into thick drinks. I actually like the taste of it this way,right down to the bottom where there is powder which settles,so I have to chew this ,and it gets sooo bitter,and my tongue starts to freeze. I dont mind it for a little while in fact I kind of like the overwhelming power of the taste in my mouth(kind of like spicy food),but if I try sucking that straw and try to drink all of it,I suddenly start feeling nausea kicking in.

PHP:
I'd like to avoid that. I think I will simply try to stick to the same rule. Once or twice a week shouldn't be a problem

Is this what you are saying about kratom or poppy seeds seattle stranger?

Last edited:
I also want to mention that I just bought a portable vaporizer about 10 days ago,and I am so glad I did . I can now breathe much better,and I dont have that sharp pain in my chest anymore. I was a daily toker for over 30 years ,and my lungs were getting really bad,I thought I was dying because I would be weezing and coughing like mad some mornings.
I was also a cigarette smoker for 15 years so that hasnt help my lung function I am sure.I still feel a sore throat after vaping usually,but it cant compare to the way I would feel after toking sometimes. Anyhow I just wanted to point this out,because between vaping and getting my kratom use under control,its been a very positive time for me. I also quit drinking booze about 4 months ago with the help of antabuse,which I am also very grateful for. I had a real bad problem with it, and I am confident that Ive finally dealt with that too.