• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting valium

Status
Not open for further replies.
diazepam has such a high oral bio-availability, if you really want to inject benzos, either get liquid vials (lorazepam, diazepam...), or use midazolam or loprazolam (havlane) pills, these caan be dissolved in water and shot

no

That could kill you first try. Get a vial or no IV/IM unless you want to go through a lot of work to extract.

Staj that is horrible advice. While it can be done you would use a water and propylene glycol solution and use a micron filter. This would not be worth the trouble since the bio won't increase and there is no rush. But It would be cool to try and hospital grade ampule for IV I know I want to. It would be great going from sober to shit-faced within minutes (If the dose is high anyway)

Staj that is horrible advice. While it can be done you would use a water and propylene glycol solution and use a micron filter. This would not be worth the trouble since the bio won't increase and there is no rush. But It would be cool to try and hospital grade ampule for IV I know I want to. It would be great going from sober to shit-faced within minutes (If the dose is high anyway)

Yes I know of P. glycol method. Note to person who started this post, Unless you know exactly what your doing you may lose a limb or your life. Valium is very bioavailble orally so either pop them or for a faster hit crush and put the powder under you tongue, then ust let it dissolve.

If you are intent on IV than plz get a vial or some amps.

damo_463 Maybe you should read a bit more and get a little more educated.

>I'm sick of reading these threads.
Then stop! No one is making you.

>The answer is no, you can't inject a pill.
Yes you can inject pills. Where did you get this information? You are very wrong!

>Valium doesn't do much for anyone anyway.
Really, lol@U wow I don't really think I need to say much about this statement. You should be able to see the ignorance in this statement.

I do no understand why people come on this forum and post these stupid replies. It's the same thing over and over, don't do it, bla bla bla

Says he who's resurrected 5-1 year old thread.... :?
Think I'll ask this to be closed.

ill just skip to the bottom of the page on this one ....
Dont inject benzos period ....
Most are at a high rate of obsorbtion anyway no need to inject.
Its stupid..
just eat them like yer supposed to...
If yer lookin to nod off then by all meens shoot some H ....

I know I'm way late on this thread, but came across it and thought I'd comment. I too would never recommend shooting pills. That being said, I went through a faze where I shot every pill I got my hand on......Adderall, Xanax, Klonopin, Ritalin, Ativan, etc. etc. Always cooked it in water a little and filtered it out to clear. Some results were good and some were meh. But never had any negative side effects. I am a good shot though.

All of that being said, I would never recommend this to someone else. Also, as others have said, in a lot of cases, even when you make is as safe as possible, it just isn't worth the trouble.

Also, although I say I never had any negative side effects, time will tell. Any fillers getting in the blood is not a good thing and I think a lot of us who think we breezed through it with no issues may have problems later in life related to doing just this and we probably won't even know that's what caused it. Just my 2 cents.

Poisoning can occur through skin absorption, oral ingestion, or inhalation. Symptoms from ingestion, inhalation or absorption of large quantities include flushing, headache, dizziness, mental depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, and coma. Alcohol baths or sponges to soothe a fever can lead to acute poisoning through skin absorption or inhalation. Instead, the Regional Poison Center suggests using tepid water as a sponge bath to fight fever.

http://www.epa.gov/grtlakes/seahome/housewaste/house/isoalco.htm

Isopropanol doesn't sound like the best thing to be injecting into yourself with. Why not use ethyl alcohol?

This is just some plain bad, or possibly outdated advice/material.
Isopropyl Alcohol, when administered by IV or Inhalation is somewhere between 1.5-2x as toxic as good ol' Ethyl Alcohol. You know, that stuff they sell everywhere for the specific purpose of human consumption (basically--for you hard core alcoholics out there--just don't drink the stuff. The Toxicity goes way up when administered orally for some reason. Something to do with first pass metabolism and/or its metabolites...or something along those lines...I think [I'm no expert here so I really can't tell you for sure]). There are numerous studies which have been done regarding this, and many of the same reasons for why you are curious about it. It is now quite heavily used in the pharmaceutical, foods production, makeup, essential oils preparation, and perfumery industries. And has an insanely high LD50 (the amount for which it would prove fatal for roughly 50% of the population).

Twice as toxic as that vodka you drank last weekend. Actually, probably less considering vodka has other, possibly unfriendly, compounds in it. Oh Noes! Better run away quickly before you accidentally IV 250 ml of 91% IPA!!! lol
Sorry to be kind of a jerk about this but I see so much misinformation on this subject, misinformation that is presented basically as unassailable fact, when in reality it is very easily verifiably false. A quick and simple search should lead you to a near countless number of HIGHLY reputable resources/references (i.e. peer-reviewed medical journals, government studies out of both the US and the UK's NIH, pharmaceutical company funded studies, essential oil and perfumery industry studies, and the list goes on and on).

At the end of the day, using IPA as your solvent for preparation of drugs/pharmaceuticals for IV use (all other things being equal that is) is literally less harmful to your body than the last time you got drunk from ethyl alcohol...because it takes a whole lot more ethyl alcohol to get your drunk on than it takes to dissolve some stubborn pharma product that isn't soluble in much else (easily available at least) besides alcohols (and yes, ethyl alcohol and isopropyl alcohol have very similar properties as solutes).

So, even though the advice about IV use of any kind of benzo (or any pill for that matter...but especially benzos since there isn't really much benefit to it, and yet there is some non-negligible risks associated with doing it) that isn't formulated for IV use is a generally bad idea, if you're going to do so anyway, then a dilute mixture of IPA (you don't need straight out of the bottle concentrations...50/50 IPA/H2O or less will do in most cases...significantly less if you have 5-10% propylene glycol handy (the best general benzo solvent ever found in studies to my knowledge is a Alcohol/Propylene Glycol/H20 mixed-solvent preparation...with H20 being the largest component, surprisingly. Sorry I cannot provide out of memory the best ratios they found. Basically though it's PG the least, then somewhat more of the alcohol--ethyl or IPA--and then the rest water dilution [because alcohol can sting pretty bad going in, and propylene glycol is too thick for medical preferences]). No matter how it is prepared though, SLOW injection has been found time and again to not only reduce any stinging from the alcohol, but also be MUCH easier on the veins.

To summarize my hard reduction advice:
1) Don't attempt to prepare benzo pills made for oral use into injectable solutions
2) If you're going to do so despite this good advice, then use the least harmful solvents you can get your hands on.
3) Inject the solution slowly. The slower the better frankly.

*** IPA/Isopropyl Alcohol/Isopropanol/and all its other name incarnations is BARELY more "toxic" when used IV than Ethyl Alcohol/Grain Alcohol/That Stuff That Gets You Drunk/and all its other name incarnations. ***

Here are just a very small selection of the near countless highly-reputable sources/citations/references that support my post, and brutally reject the near countless posts by others who talk about the stuff like it could be used in chemical warfare lol.

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+116

http://www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/v48aje21.htm

http://books.google.com/books?id=LA...as ethyl alcohol when administered iv&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=5T...as ethyl alcohol when administered iv&f=false

Take care everyone, stay safe out there!
Regards,
GML

I have had the 10mg ampules of Valium meant for IV/IM injection. The only difference between IV Valium and oral Valium is that it kicks in much faster. But there is no nice warm rush or any kind of rush really from it.

It's just not worth it imo. I would rather oral temazepam then IV Valium or lorazepam anyday

I have 10mg ampules of Valium IV/IM. My question is how do I take it? Do I just suck the whole thing up in a syringe at one time and stick it in my thigh? I am used to pill form so am very clueless as to what to do with this liquid stuff. Please help.

Not only would it be harmful, but the bio-availability of diazepam is very high when taken orally (93-100%). Sure you would feel it "faster" if you injected but valium is very weak, and the recreational value will plateau, at most all it will do is just put you to sleep at a higher doses. Why not try a stronger benzo if you want to "feel it faster" or "for the recreational value". Many people turn to Xanax for this reason.

I think this has been answered pretty much and a really old thread so I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.