View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Magic Mushroom Tips?

Drewshbag

Greenlighter
me and 2 friends are going to try shrooms for the first time ever sometime soon. I have an eighth and a half (a little over 5 grams), but were getting more because we want 3-3.5 grams (about an eighth) each. we have a safe empty house, but we cant find a babysitter for us three. so with that said, I have a few questions:

1. will we need a babysitter for sure, or is it just recommended?

2. how should we eat them? raw? cooked? plain? mixed with food (i heard high temps make them less potent)?

3. should we really avoid mirrors?

4. is it true that if you have a note that says "this is all the effects of a drug. none of this is real." written in your own handwriting it can help you get a hold of reality and possibly snap out of a bad trip?

5. if you take shrooms without worrying about a bad trip, does that lower the chance of having a bad trip?

6. how common is it for someone to throw up? and if someone does throw up, does it make the trip less, for lack of a better word, trippy?

7. if someone starts feeling nauseous what helps get rid of the nausea?

8. do caps have more psylocybin (spelling?) than stems, or is that just a myth?

9. do shrooms make it harder to do everyday things (like play a board game or something)?

10. will an eighth generally make a person hallucinate? how much?

11. should we go outside (we will be doing it during the day)?

12. what do we do if someone comes home? run to my room? try to be cool? (the only person likely to come home would be my little brother, and he would come home about 5 hours after we take them)

13. is it a bad idea to try and freak out my friends?

14. how does it hit you? does it build up slowly or does it all hit you at once?

15. what else do i need to know? any ground rules (or something like that)?

1. It's recommended usually, but since you're starting with a relatively good dose, I'd say definitely you should have one.
2. Raw is fine.
3. Possibly, I looked at myself in the mirror and just found it funny as my face was melty, but some people freak out.
4. It very well could serve as a reminder that you're just in a messed up state currently, and help bring you back to a stable mindset. Worth a try at least.
5. Yes, I believe it does in a sense. Of course, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't prepare for the trip at all. You should pick a good set/setting and be ready for it. Know there is a possibility of a bad trip, but don't dwell on it.
6. I've never seen anyone throw up, I wouldn't know, sorry.
7. Again, I'm not sure, never had a problem with nausea, but I've also never taken a very high dose either.
8. Dunno.
9. Yes.
10. Yes. You might just get melty faces and what not, or you may have a crazy trip where you actually see shit, it really depends on the person.
11. If it's a nice area that you're familiar with, I'd say so. I hear nature is beautiful on shrooms, but I've never tried, I've only tripped at night.
12. Your pupils will be dilated most likely, so if your family is likely to pick up on that, then yes, avoid them, go to your room, but still act casual.
13. Yes, that's a dick move.
14. For me, it's a build up, but it's a relatively fast build up.
15. Just prepare for a good trip, make sure you have everything you need on hand, that you don't have to go far if you don't feel like it, and possibly have benzos on hand (if you have access to some) as they can help bring you out of a trip if it's going badly, or at least so I've heard, but you should check elsewhere just to make sure.

I'm not that experienced of a tripper, but I tried my best. Hope you have a good time. :)

well the first time i ate an eight and threw up a tad bit. naseua has gotten much easier with each trip. first time the only time i ever puked. and ive eaten up to the 5-6 gram mark and been fine.

ya 3.5g might be a bit much though if they're potent mushrooms. Especially if you've never taken any psychedelics before I would go with a bit lower dose, unless the adventurous side of you just says fuck it and wants to go for it anyway ;) .

My #1 personal most important piece of advice is just try to think positively throughout the whole experience. People who've never tripped before or aren't very experienced always tell me about how worried they are about having a bad trip. I always tell them to try to get that thought as far out of their heads as possible. I believe that if you enter the experience in a positive mind set and keep it that way you will have no problems, as long as your not overwhelmed by the dose (again, take a reasonable dose) and nothing traumatic happens during the experience like a run in the cops for example 8o

If you take 1/8 your first trip, expect a drastic change in consciousness. Being outside and active is ideal. Try for the woods. Do not worry if your trip becomes difficult. There is no such thing as a 'bad trip'. That is government propaganda. Hallucinogens are the best medicines on earth. The onset of psilocybin is quick. You will be waiting 30-40 minutes and before you know it, everything will become very strange. Have fun and stay safe.

My ritual:

1) Big breakfast
2) Light lunch
3) Shopping for sour candies!
4) Dose
5) Wait until the last guy gets the 'rush.' (Tight chest, butterflies, check your pupils to make sure) Smoke a bowl.

Everyone else has given good advice, but there are two things you should think about. First, an entire eighth is a decent-sized dose which will make normal human contact more difficult, and you should be really careful if you expect anyone from your family to come home. Second, try to minimize and avoid any anxiety-producing situations. I find that if I have something else on my mind, like school or something, I tend to get stuck in thought loops, where I just can't get it out of my head. Just make sure that you don't have anything to worry about for the next day, like homework. Good luck, you should have fun.

1. will we need a babysitter for sure, or is it just recommended?no no no, it will be a wierd vibe if your shrooming with people who aren't, it'll be too hard to connect with them

2. how should we eat them? raw? cooked? plain? mixed with food (i heard high temps make them less potent)eat them raw, or look up how to make a tea, it takes away the possiility of nausea

3. should we really avoid mirrors?i have seen my friend have the worst trip o f his life because of a mirror, some people like it... i wouldnt risk it for your first trip

4. is it true that if you have a note that says "this is all the effects of a drug. none of this is real." written in your own handwriting it can help you get a hold of reality and possibly snap out of a bad trip?.. dont know, you could try it

5. if you take shrooms without worrying about a bad trip, does that lower the chance of having a bad trip?the key to a good trip is to not worry about having a bad one, and to keep around things with good vibes, like your friends or a fun place or something.. you'll know what i mean soon enough

6. how common is it for someone to throw up? and if someone does throw up, does it make the trip less, for lack of a better word, trippy?never thrown up

7. if someone starts feeling nauseous what helps get rid of the nausea?i have never flt nauseous, but if you do just kick it

8. do caps have more psylocybin (spelling?) than stems, or is that just a myth?i've heard that too, but Bluelighters seem to dismiss it as a myth, take about half stems and haalf caps

9. do shrooms make it harder to do everyday things (like play a board game or something)?haha oh yeah, you feel smater in a way but you'll be way to confused to do that,

10. will an eighth generally make a person hallucinate? how much?you will definatly hallucinate, dont even worry you'll be good on that, how much depends on the potency of the mushrooms, sometimes a half eighth gets me seeing crazy stuff

11. should we go outside (we will be doing it during the day)?oh hell yes, go to the beach, go to a place with a good view, its amazing, birng an ipod, an ihome is way better

12. what do we do if someone comes home? run to my room? try to be cool? (the only person likely to come home would be my little brother, and he would come home about 5 hours after we take them)

14. how does it hit you? does it build up slowly or does it all hit you at once?it slowley builds up, then you start to realize your begining to trip and your good to go, i get alot of anxiety on the come up but it wares off with the trip

15. what else do i need to know? any ground rules (or something like that)? go to the beach!!! get in a place where yor not going to be paranoid and just have things to do, blazing will really make the trip more chill and up the halluicinatinons but the shroom kinda wheres off with the high so do it at like +2/+2.5

12. Your pupils will be dilated most likely, so if your family is likely to pick up on that, then yes, avoid them, go to your room, but still act casual.

well i have naturally dilated pupils in both bright light and dark, so i dont think my family will notice much difference if any. i used to get tested for drugs at school dances, and i have a doctors note for my eyes that says "patient has unnaturally large pupils in both light and dark". theyre like dime-sized al the time haha

You are more likely to be viewed as portraying strange behavior before people notice your pupils. Find a place where you can happily freak out and it will not matter.

1) I Recommend against babysitters from shroom trips, I just don't think it would be fun, being around sober people tripping kills it a little, just not comfortable- for me.

2) It depends if you want to put alot of effort into it.. Personally, shrooms and grapes work together great, my first trip I did that and I was suprised how I didn't taste the shrooms, but after that I always ate them plain and didn't mind it, it being your first time I say you should keep it simple.

3) It's not like Uh-Oh, instant chaos if I look at a mirror, but you sorta do get sucked into it, not literally, but it just isn't really a good idea, the way you see yourself in such a state can be pretty messed.

4) Don't even worry, worry=anxiety, you don't need that. Avoid troubled situations is all you need to do.

5) Yes, very.

6) I don't know, me or my friends never threw up.

7) Mental comfort? :)

8) It's a myth, eat stems and caps, I got a full blown trip from just eating stems before.

9) For me, I get really confused and wouldn't be able to play a board game, no interest while tripping anyways. But to each their own.

10) Yeah, an eigth will make you halucinate, you can't tell how a different person will react to a drug, but me personally, I was getting quite alot of halucinations from my first trip (8th of cubensis)

11) Outside IS ideal!! You will want to be outside!! Go for a walk to an isolated place, adventuring is great, something wonderful usually happens.

12) Don't worry about your little brother, lol. Especially 5 hours into the trip? Your peak would most likely be over and you might just be a little wonky.

13) Don't freak out your friends, for god sakes. Worste case scenario: Lose a friend, damage a friend psychologically. Best case scenaro: Your friend freaks out and starts making everybody anxious, and he gets angry at you.

14) For my first time it didn't hit me all at once, I first was sitting on this mountain just checking out the view, then all of a sudden things just... Felt different (You will know.. you will know hehe :p) I felt heavily sedated, then after a little while of exploring this state, I decided to walk around abit, then I really started tripping, I think I grew 10 ft tall then shrunk 1 ft tall.. Either I did or the whole world did.

15) Go with the flow.

1. will we need a babysitter for sure, or is it just recommended?
If u dont go beyond the normal dose ull be ok

2. how should we eat them? raw? cooked? plain? mixed with food (i heard high temps make them less potent)?
If they are dried just eat it with a bannana, grind them to powder and put in gel caps or make chocolates.

3. should we really avoid mirrors?
No, they are very fun to look at while tripping, u just have to remember its not real.

4. is it true that if you have a note that says "this is all the effects of a drug. none of this is real." written in your own handwriting it can help you get a hold of reality and possibly snap out of a bad trip?
Yes it could. Bad trips mainly happen with big confusing doses and if ur not in a stable mental state.

5. if you take shrooms without worrying about a bad trip, does that lower the chance of having a bad trip?
Sure does

6. how common is it for someone to throw up? and if someone does throw up, does it make the trip less, for lack of a better word, trippy?
Depends on the individual, i never have thrown up from em but latley i have been gettin neseua but dont worry cos thats only on the comeup. It will go away after the shrooms have kicked in fully.

7. if someone starts feeling nauseous what helps get rid of the nausea?
Lay down on ur back, take deep breaths and maybe try eating ginger or taking anti neseau pills beforehand.

8. do caps have more psylocybin (spelling?) than stems, or is that just a myth?
Its just a myth. The contain equal parts.

9. do shrooms make it harder to do everyday things (like play a board game or something)?
Depends on ur dose but yes it will be a bit harder to concentrate but im pretty sure it will be more fun:)

10. will an eighth generally make a person hallucinate? how much?
Thats a pretty big dose. Try eating a tiny bit more than half of that if ur not familiar with the drug.

11. should we go outside (we will be doing it during the day)?
Yes def go outside if u can, make sure there wont be any sober people around u or anyone as a matter of fact. Id say do it at night because when i did it with my mate it was his first time in the day and it was shit. The lights confuse u very bad and everything will be too bright.

U mite still be on them, dont act too suspicious. No one will be able to look at u n tell u what u have consumed unless u make weird faces or move in an unormal way.
I would not advise on doing that. Maybe on the comedown but i still wouldnt because they might put them off forever lol

14. how does it hit you? does it build up slowly or does it all hit you at once?
Depends on how u take it. If u eat it whole it slowly builds up and takes atleast 1.5 hours-2 hours to fully kick in. The comeup is the worst part. Sometimes its soo intense u cant handle it so be careful.

15. what else do i need to know? any ground rules (or something like that)?
Just respect the mushrooms and ride the dragons back. Dont go in public. Try to learn something from them when u take them. They are our teachers and one will find what they seek. Ull understand this after a few trips. Hope all goes well and let us know how it went.

i had around 2g dried mexicans for my 1st time. was really fun. but make sure you dont starve yourself before like i did - i just got a massive stomach ache....and mirrors are very fun, but they do fuck u up

Can't believe it hasn't been said yet but, turn ALL of your phones off, nothing worse than a ringing phone with bad news on the other end deep in the throws of a trip.

And if theres ANY chance of someone coming back home make sure your well out of the way/sober by the time they get back because if not they will pick up on the weirdness.

I would just eat them as they are, don't bother with tea or anything. It will hit you fairly hard dependant on the potency. You are less likely to have a bad trip if you aren't worried about it, you still have to be cautious enough to not put yourself in a stupid situation though.

If you can retreat from contact with people who shouldn't know you are tripping that is always best imho, but 5 hours after ingestion you should be pretty straight. Dilated pupils can be pretty suss though.

I have never had a "babysitter" on shrooms and haven't had problems but it might be different for you guys. I think it would be unwise to try and freak your mates out.

If you have two different batches of shrooms I would grind both types up together so you are all on the same level, as potency can vary significantly between batches.

Happy tripping mate.

If you have two different batches of shrooms I would grind both types up together so you are all on the same level, as potency can vary significantly between batches.

we have 2 different kinds. how can i grind them up? i can get a grinder, like the ones they use for weed. would that be okay? also would a scale be useful to get even amounts of shrooms?

we have 2 different kinds. how can i grind them up? i can get a grinder, like the ones they use for weed. would that be okay? also would a scale be useful to get even amounts of shrooms?

Depends on what shrooms u have. I wouldnt mix em together until u find out what shrooms they are. Cubes and say azurs vary in potencety. And if theres more azurs in ur mix then say cubes ur fooked

Find out what they are, make sure there dried and get a coffee grinder. A scale is essential for everything.

Depends on what shrooms u have. I wouldnt mix em together until u find out what shrooms they are. Cubes and say azurs vary in potencety. And if theres more azurs in ur mix then say cubes ur fooked

Find out what they are, make sure there dried and get a coffee grinder. A scale is essential for everything.

i have no idea what kind they are, do you think you could help me out? this is kinda like a sample of everything i got in the bag:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3508377353_19248b746d_b.jpg

also what are cubes and azurs?

Those are cubensis. They are relatively mild.

Azures = Psilocybe azurescens, the strongest mushroom species on this planet. They are about 3-4 times stronger than cubes, but you don't need to worry about that since the shrooms you have are cubensis.

That said, even mushrooms from the same batch can vary in potency significantly unless they were grown from an isolated strain. If you cannot verify this from the person who grew them, then your best option is still to grind them all up to a powder, or perhaps make a tea from them.

As for dosage, 3-4 grams of dried cubensis is a good dosage even for a first time tripper. I wouldn't go lower than 3 grams.