• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA vs Meth vs Amphetamines

Yes, they can all trigger the common drug tests for amphetamine. Drug testing is typically a two-step process; the first step uses a color-changing test (much like a pregnancy test.) *If* that test shows a positive, a second test will be run (using a big expensive lab machine called a GC/MS) to double-check that it really is amphetamine (or whatever) and not a false positive. The first (screening) test can't tell the difference between MDMA, amphetamine or meth; they'll all show up as a positive for amphetamines. The confirmation test, however, will nail down exactly what it is.

Interesting development, I was recently tested using a "First check at home drug test" that claims it can differentiate between MDMA and other amphetamines. Well it turns out that it can in fact differentiate between the two.
Two days before my surprise test I rolled. The day before my test I did not take my methylphenidate. I tested clean for methamphetamine, and positive for MDMA.
This is not terribly important information but I just thought it should be put out there that there ARE at home drug tests that can differentiate between MDMA and other amphetamines.

Interesting development, I was recently tested using a "First check at home drug test" that claims it can differentiate between MDMA and other amphetamines. Well it turns out that it can in fact differentiate between the two.
Two days before my surprise test I rolled. The day before my test I did not take my methylphenidate. I tested clean for methamphetamine, and positive for MDMA.
This is not terribly important information but I just thought it should be put out there that there ARE at home drug tests that can differentiate between MDMA and other amphetamines.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin,concerta) is NOT an amphetamine or even in that family. It is much closer related to cocaine. That is why it does not test positive for amps

It shows as an amphetamine. In every drug test ive ever had.
Unless DEA, RGB or Yerg say otherwise I'm not convinced that methylphenidate doesn't show as an amphetamine.

I love me some methylphenidate btw, it feels like a better pure version of coke with less come down. Plus improved mood and focused, it's great!

Give me a credible article.

I hate it. I've beenon it since I was in the fourth grade. It makes me feel like my mind is in a box. I cant think. My personality changes. It's a disgusting feeling.

methylphenidate is a backbone chemical to amphetamine and has similar effects, but is not actually an amphetamine. it'd be kindof like saying a cat tests positive as a dog. like cats and dogs are both carnivores, vertebrates and mammals. but a cat, is not a dog.

methylphenidate and the amphetamines family have a similar backbone structure but they are not in the same family of chemicals.

I find the main difference between MDMA and amphetamine to me is that I just cannot think on MDMA, amphetamine gets me in this mood where I just want to chat and put things together or take them apart or clean and focus and do do do do, MDMA is like... i'm a puddle on the floor, my muscles are all out of whack, i feel fluttery and couldn't say my whole name without stuttering.

From somebody who had a physical problem with amphetamine and went through major withdrawls when I stopped I would have to disagree with this statement.

My withdrawl from speed abuse was way more than overeating!

Just wondering, how so?
Amphetamines aren't physically addictive, this is from experience and hitting the books.

When I quit Speed- I craved it like a madman, slept and ate it off. Didn't want to play video games as much

When I quit Heroin (Physically addicting)- I craved it like a super madman, didnt sleep for 3 days straight (not a wink! When i finally did it was 15 minute intervals broken up), time dragged so slow, cold sweats that waved constantly through my body, puking and shitting non stop! Yes NON STOP! Panic Attacks, every joint felt as if it rusted shut and felt like someone beat the shit out of me, I really wanted to tear my legs off because the constant urge to fail them around drives you insane, depression (lost desire to do anything that once made me happy), and the WORST part of it all is that you're completely aware that it all can be relieved instantaneously by getting high (thus resetting your withdrawal timer back to 0). This lasted for 6 treacherous days. I had to relearn how to sleep, eat, and enjoy life..
As much as it sucks it's nothing compared to what true Alcoholics or Benzo addicts have to endure, not to mention very life threatening.

Sorry not attacking you just an excuse to get this off my chest :p and props to getting clean from a very destructive drug! It's a huge accomplishment most cant understand! Much love to ya!