• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Health Issues

The powder is more potent than extract? I thought extract was always more powerful. I was just talking about regular prem comm crushed leaf.

I have found that the powder I get is much more potent than the over-priced extract. It is just regular Bali powder.

I have been using kratom every other day for quite a few months now, and haven't noticed any of the negative side effects I hear about. Possibly it is because I use it in small doses (~4g is enough for me), and also it may be because I wouldn't qualify as a long-term subject.

I haven't had any of the short-term effects either, no troubles with constipation (like on hydro or oxy), moderate nausea but that is easily taken care of by popping an antihistamine beforehand (and I have nausea on EVERYTHING)... I personally feel like it is relatively safe.

Long term addicts of anything look like death- I don't think the description above is accurate of casual kratom users. Look at alcoholics with Thiamin deficiency.. but we consider casual use of alcohol safe..

the only health issue ive had from doing kratom the few times ive done it is a terrible headache and a horrible feeling knowing ive just wasted my money on the crap.

Poppy pod tea is soooooooo much better than kratom why even bother with the stuff?

Poppy pod tea is soooooooo much better than kratom why even bother with the stuff?

Obviously pods are going to be better. I think one of the bigger draws to kratom is that it's completely legal. Granted, ordering pods is relatively safe, but still illegal.

I have read if you have it more or less daily for an extended period of time ( I think this is more in the several years range) your face can develop a yellow pigment.

As for liver issues, you would have to go all out and even then, kratom is not going to be quick to mess with your liver. Tylenol is a bigger risk.

Non-habiltually kratom is a relatively safe drug compared to most other drugs discussed on here.

If your skin does develop a yellow pigment, you are indeed damaging your liver severely. Jaundice is caused by liver damage.

Does anyone else experience any bloating / gas or other extremely unpleasent G.I. side effects from this stuff? I really enjoy it, but the giant bubbles in my stomach get so uncomfortable. I take some smiethicone (phayezyme) but it doesn't seem to help as much as I would like. Any suggestions?

^I just did kratom for the second time (7 grams of kratom applesauce) and i am having crazy bubbles in my stomach also. would taking gas-ex before kratom stop this? it's really annoying and uncomfortable.

Yes, it can happen to you...

Yes, in a small subset of users, Kratom can most certainly cause serious hepatic health complications.

I have been in and out of the hospital for several months now because of it. Decided to try it, liked it, and did it fairly regularly (2-3 x a week) at about 10g a dose. I developed jaundice, extreme liver enzyme levels on several counts (Alkaline Phosphatase 447-570, Aspartate Aminotransferase 375-460, Alanine Aminotransferase 685-834, Urine Bilirubin 6.0, Direct Urine Bilirubin 5.3). Also developed severe RUQ pain approx 6-8hrs post-dose each use.

Needless to say I stopped as soon as I realized the connection between the ingestion of the herb and the symptoms.

If you are taking this medication (it is a medication - whether in herbal form or not), then please do so with the support of a health care provider - or at least pay to get some liver panels done directly after dosing (within 24-48 hrs). If you must lie, tell your doctor you were taking Hydroxycut or another one of those type of dietary supplements which are known to cause liver damage in some people, or tell him you noticed some yellowing of the eyes and skin which spontaneously resolved after the weekend. Whatever it takes to get it done, it's worth it.

If you're killing your liver, it's better to find out about it sooner rather than later. I'm glad I found the link early, or in ignorance I could have caused a much larger problem like chronic liver disease.

Not everyone will have this particular issue, some people may take this plant completely symptom-free, and liver enzymes may remain normal. But is that you? How do you know? And how do you know for sure? Just get a quick blood test at the lab and voila! - instant peace of mind. Too easy.

Good luck to all with this plant. I adore it, but alas, I must admire from afar.

Kratom stops me from ejaculating. I can get erect, but cannot come. for ages.

I ask myself, what effect does it have on testosterone?

Possibe impotence given enough usage?

Personally I take it less than once a week, same dosage every time. Weak now, but I am not going to build ahabit. Maybe once a month will have to do. Still there are plenty of other things out there.

I order 16oz for like 130 bucks....usaully take 2 teaspoons in the morning and two more in the afternoon....it gives me energy and relaxes me at the same time. Yes when I quit taking it I feell like I have a bad cold- muscles ache...but its not horrible. I think a kilo is 200.

I think the key is to eat alot of friut so the turds dont get to hard....but yeah that is one side effect.

Drinking a lot of water and eating prunes or dates seems to help with the hard turds and constipation. At least for me it does.

Obviously pods are going to be better. I think one of the bigger draws to kratom is that it's completely legal. Granted, ordering pods is relatively safe, but still illegal.

I find Maeng da kratom far more euphoric and useful than poppy pod tea. Pod tea makes me feel pretty sick, while kratom feels much cleaner.

I've used it quite a bit over the past few months (not every day). So far I've noticed no side effects though my eyes seem more sensitive to light. If I remember correctly that is a common side effect. I did use daily for a short period and when I quit i didn't feel so good. I had headaches and got the shits....

yes, poppy pods are the first choice, but recent crop failures have pushed a lot of poppy users(as myself) to kratom. I find it enjoyable and easy enough to take if you throw it in some gel caps.

been taking about 14g a day (2 doses of 7g usually) and have noticed increased urination, slight constipation(as with opioids) and occasional headaches during the high, but may be unrelated.

withdrawl is nothing if you have gone through methadone or severe poppy withdrawl. If you havent, feels like a bad cold for a few days(3-5) and maybe some diarrhea, which is easily countered with some OTC meds. I have seen a post on here of an herbal supplement you can take to ease these symptom, but cant find it now.(if anyone knows what im talking about, i would love a repost. started with a P)

all in all, I have not had much trouble with kratom, and enjoy the high it produces.

I use kratom about every 2-3 days, normally one 10g dose per day. I used pods all last summer, my tolerance built up extremely quickly, and I decided to stop. Went through a slight withdrawal, but nothing too bad. After a few months break, I wanted to have some again and as stated above, they're nearly impossible to get, so I started with kratom. I've been using it now for about 4 months, and I have not yet noticed any issues from it. It doesn't make me constipated like other opiates do. Pods plugged me up for days.

There's a method I have to my kratom use though, I wonder if it has anything to do with my luck I've had so far. I'm super strict with my usage, never two days in a row, never re-dose, never more than 10g. I also take 400mg cemetidine about an hour before dosing every time. Lastly, I always eat something absorbent before I drink the kratom mixed with orange juice. Otherwise, I get nauseous.

Having said all that, I do feel addiction creeping up on me. I'm most likely going to slow down and eventually discontinue my usage over the next month or so.

I have seen a post on here of an herbal supplement you can take to ease these symptom, but cant find it now.(if anyone knows what im talking about, i would love a repost. started with a P)

Maybe you are thinking about the chemical Phenibut (beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid)? This is good for Kratom WD as it helps with the anxiety and sleep. Also, small doses of DXM helps.

I know this thread is old but I would like to share my expierience.

I've been using kratom for 3 years on a daily basis.

Twice a day I mix 2.5 grams (digital scale that I calibrate) of 15x with vitamin water and drink it down.

I have no side effects to speak of except for occasional headaches. I do want to say I do eat pretty healthy and exercise regularly.

I have PTSD from three tours of duty in Iraq and kratom has helped from being unable to leave my own home to having a completely normal life. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't find it. Before I tried kratom the doctors tried giving me every strong anti-depressant they could prescribe and honestly I think those would have done more damage long term.

Not everyone will have the same experiences but I felt it was important to share mine :)

Kratom: fairly safe but dont take it every day

i give Kratom a solid rating; however, one must not make the mistake of thinking that it can be abused without consequence.

i developed a 4-5 gram a day habit (Maeng da Thai caps) over a period of two months and thought everything was golden (that it was a great substitute for hard liquor at the end of a work day) until i started getting stomach sensitivity (including bowl movement irregularity), headaches and dizzyness. the headaches were a combination of pain/pounding, tickling and dizzyness.

does anyone out there understand what is going on physiologically when you get that cranial tickling dizzyness sensation? cant be good.

anyway, great stuff (esp when combined with booze) but should only be done irregularly to give the body time off.

I know this thread is old but I would like to share my expierience.

I've been using kratom for 3 years on a daily basis.

Twice a day I mix 2.5 grams (digital scale that I calibrate) of 15x with vitamin water and drink it down.

I have no side effects to speak of except for occasional headaches. I do want to say I do eat pretty healthy and exercise regularly.

I have PTSD from three tours of duty in Iraq and kratom has helped from being unable to leave my own home to having a completely normal life. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't find it. Before I tried kratom the doctors tried giving me every strong anti-depressant they could prescribe and honestly I think those would have done more damage long term.

Not everyone will have the same experiences but I felt it was important to share mine :)

Good to hear, I get similar results as well! It is more like a true anti-depressant IME than typical opioids...

I couldn't resist commenting on this as well.

I have been using kratom for 1.5 years now, at roughly 14-16 grams/day and I have never upped my dose. I did, however, cut my dose in half for a few months (I experienced no w/d).

Over time, you do lose some of the magic and longevity of effects that kratom offers, but I find it still has a great effect and anxiolytic properties that I look for.

I have went through bouts of extract use and those are the forms of kratom that will sky rocket your tolerance and your wallet. If I use extracts for longer then a night or two, I will not be able to feel plain leaf that well for about a week.

Anyways, my point being is that I have been using kratom for a year and a half, mostly plain leaf, and feel as if I have had zero negative side effects. It is however an opioid to some degree so what works for me, may not work for you. In terms of harm reduction though, Kratom is worlds better than full agonist opioids, IMHO.